Page 343 of 956 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443843 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Argyle sweaters make things better.
    May 2009
    Maine/Worcester, MA

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by sumbahdy View Post
    Hi all. Here's my share. I took this picture for my Child of Alara EDH deckand at the same time, am using the duals for my Legacy decks. Not much on foils now just looking at Japanese cards more or less. Will try to post more soon. Enjoy.

A+. These alters are amazing.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    The Pimp Thread Road Show

Korean artist-altered Intuition

+Pimp language
    -sharpie altered
    -unsleeved

I'd rate this card at 85% the value of a MINT Korean Intuition (est. value $70)
    On ebay this would almost certainly auction higher than a non-altered/non-signed version.
    mtgpimp

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    On ebay this would almost certainly auction higher than a non-altered/non-signed version.
    People do like their shitty alters.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Jan 2009
    Hannover [Germany]

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Thopters gunna thopt.

Last card I need for the deck: Korean Ensnaring Bridge #2. Anyone got a hookup?

-Matt
    Matt u know u got the totaly wrong Thopter Tokens for the FoundryMeek combo?!

But keep on russians, they look great!
    Collecting ALL! Cannibalize i can get. I NEED UR HELP ! PM me.
    2012-03-21
    Eng 467
    Ger 189
    Port 12
    Spain 10
    French 5
    Ita 10
    Korea 1
    trad. Chin 0 :-(
    Jap 2
    = TOTAL 705

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

True. You need the blue ones! (when I had my italian mis-translated Thopter Foundries, I used to chumpblock Piledrivers like a champ. Until someone told me: Hey! The oracle text says blue thopter token! Sadly they missed the -blue- part in translation...)
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    People do like their shitty alters.
    In crystal clear memory of you presenting me as the most retarded person on this planet on Librarities please explain me how you think that insulting other peoples preferences can possibly lead to any kind of productive discussion.

I like that Intuition a lot.

---

Not sure if stockpiling on those was my particularly best idea.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

My contact didn't have the other ones in Russian :(

But, if anyone's got a hookup, let me know :)

-Matt

How much are foil Russian Jaces going for?

Did you choose to not go foil because of availability, cost or preference?

Really cool cards though man!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I hate Foils, so I can't bring myself to foil out a deck. For me, it just seems like a gimmick. No hate on people who post foils, since I understand they're nice for you and hard to find. I appreciate them (like I would a painter who's style I still don't like), but don't buy them.

Russian Foil Jaces are probably about 400-600. They're pretty insane. I got these nonfoil for under $100, but still way more than regular Jaces. If I really wanted to, I could go Russian Foil Jaces, but I wouldn't have the deck completed in a reasonable amount of time as well, since I'd have to go find 3-4 Rus Foil Jaces that some French guy would want to part with

-Matt

Russian foil Jaces are about 700 or more.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by oRen View Post
    In crystal clear memory of you presenting me as the most retarded person on this planet on Librarities please explain me how you think that insulting other peoples preferences can possibly lead to any kind of productive discussion.
    You are and the constant run ins you have with people here make that pretty evident.

It's a fact that people over pay on really bad alters. Now if you take a look in the actual alter thread I'd say there's around 3-5 people who produce alters on a regular basis where the end product actually meets the price. I'd argue that 90% of the alters out there are pretty terrible.

You are correct in that perhaps I should have expressed myself in a better way instead of being so negative. The point of my snide remark was in that I agree with Ruckus when he states that the particular Intuition posted is worth less than a non altered one; this would be entirely different if the alter was actually good - which it is not.

Also I'm pretty positive you hold the record for being a complete ass clown towards cards people post. I feel strongly that it's acceptable for me to post my biased opinion once and a while.

Matt, nice stuff!

You really try to justify you behaving like shit with me behaving like shit? Considering your reactions when I suggested to somewhat lower your standards on your mint Korean fetish you are most definitely the most hypocritical person I have ever dealt with through the internet.

Considering the alternation topic ... The reason people overpay for those is the same reason you overpay for mint Korean or so many people overpay for strange looking cards they can not even read - an inner aspire for individuality. You really hate on people who are trying to accomplish this in another way than you?

Also I'm pretty positive you hold the record for being a complete ass clown towards cards people post.
    Have fun trying to proof this.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

The reason people overpay for those is the same reason you overpay for mint Korean or so many people overpay for strange looking cards they can not even read - TO BE PIMPIN
    Fixed that for you. Pimpin' ain't easy.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

You really try to justify you behaving like shit with me behaving like shit? Considering your reactions when I suggested to somewhat lower your standards on your mint Korean fetish you are most definitely the most hypocritical person I have ever dealt with through the internet.

Considering the alternation topic ... The reason people overpay for those is the same reason you overpay for mint Korean or so many people overpay for strange looking cards they can not even read - an inner aspire for individuality. You really hate on people who are trying to accomplish this in another way than you?

Have fun trying to proof this.

If my bologna had a first name it would be spelled O-B-A-M-A
    Mar 2010
    Hobart, Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    Fixed that for you. Pimpin' ain't easy.

It comes easier for some of us!
    13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14 NIV

-Member of Clan Magic Eternal-

-Find me on MTGO (NarrowGate) -

(previously Metalwalker)
    Mar 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by CookedChestnuts View Post
    I would imagine not a whole lot, like less than $8.

On a price related note, I've had this for quite some time now, can someone give me an estimated value?

Who the fuck destroyed that Korean Intuition?!

I would put Korean INtuitions at $60 (low-end) for less than NM so yours would fetch max $50 IMO. But that's me.
    Decks that I care about:
    Steel Stompy
    UWx Landstill
    Dreadstalker
    DDFT (10% practice)

Mangara on MWS? You must be masochistic. -kiblast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    REB is a fantastic sideboard card against blue... in blue decks :/

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwalker View Post
    Who the fuck destroyed that Korean Intuition?!
    April Lee - you might notice the signature. I am sick of all this hatred. Peace out.

a) Those do not look good compared to others out there. Those look sloppy while there are really well done ones out there.
    b) From my point of view - all of them suck. There is no original text to write so they could not be less authentical.
    April Lee - you might notice the signature. I am sick of all this hatred. Peace out.
    Can we just rename this thread: oRen will decide if your cards are cool or not and then the discussion is over.

Apparently that's what he'd like. He can criticize cards, but runs away if someone else says something bad about a card he likes. That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

I do not get the point of the quotations. On the one side my criticism on a really poorly made alternation (Japanese Forces IIRC) and generally "japanizing" cards which were never printed in Japanese is properly expressed while on the other there is my response to plain undifferentiated hatred and pure stupidity. In direct comparison I was even back then in my worst times able to properly explain myself and not just nitpick, rage or spread hatred like everybody seems to think. Anyway it seems a bit vague to me to use that two quotations as the foundation for those nice conclusions but I am cool with with getting the thread renamed like this.

Sadly I was never able to just run away and leave things behind. Be sure I would if ... no - I should rather stop here.
    Last edited by oRen; 02-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

I have serious doubts as to the authenticity of that April Lee alter. It just looks really sloppy. Either she is actually a very shitty artist with no spatial reasoning (she seriously crammed her signature onto the very edge and had to readjust the size of her handwriting, and the person on Intuition now looks like a midget) or someone decided to scribble on a card and forge an autograph.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Thread Information