Page 368 of 956 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468868 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,360 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    "Pretty beat" would be a compliment to some of the cards.

snip
    Meh, I have duals in worse shape than those. I'm not a stickler for card condition as long as they're playable for things of that nature (<$50 cards I prefer NM). I'm still not a fan of the pony alters, but if you don't think you're ever going to let them go then it's your decision to make.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    I got it in a trade with the dealer. It was valued at $500 USD which I thought was a pretty good deal for such a good nick Alpha Twister. If it was Beta, I'd think the deal was so-so market price, but its extremely difficult to find a decent condition Alpha twister. Minty goodness is gonna be in my EDH deck.
    I got my EX alpha twister for 350 which isn't too bad. I tried upgrading my UL to beta and failed.

I think condition is mostly about being a player or a collector (or just obscenely rich and willing to riffle shuffle gem mint alpha lotii).

If you are going to play with them in regular tournaments it's kind of hard to justify a premium on mint stuff as it's eventually going to show play wear.

If you are into collecting to collect, then why not. I don't own any cards I don't play with (maybe my Korean Mawcor's).

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I think condition is mostly about being a player or a collector (or just obscenely rich and willing to riffle shuffle gem mint alpha lotii).

If you are going to play with them in regular tournaments it's kind of hard to justify a premium on mint stuff as it's eventually going to show play wear.

If you are into collecting to collect, then why not. I don't own any cards I don't play with (maybe my Korean Mawcor's).

I think if u double sleeve and don't shuffle like a idiot a ex card should stay ex for a long time, or am I wrong ??

Quote Originally Posted by kingsey View Post
    I think if u double sleeve and don't shuffle like a idiot a ex card should stay ex for a long time, or am I wrong ??
    Yeah, I guess I mean a vintage bi-weekly level of play. Eventually you'll see some bowing, maybe you nick an edge push shuffling.

The vintage stuff I still have is pretty well worn. But should we ever get vintage rolling around here (Atlanta), I'll be sleeving it up and shuffling it.

I'm hoping to make it to bazaar of moxen, and absolutely playing vintage at Gencon ...

Edit: HAaahhaha my Gauntlets of Might ... probably not considered a must have type one card anymore.

I want that beta jet. Its been card i've wanted since i first started. I did just pick up two NM beta d tutors yesterday tho.

I want that beta jet. Its been card i've wanted since i first started. I did just pick up two NM beta d tutors yesterday tho.
    My tutor is really played. A solid year of on and off unsleeved play ... then some time in a 250 deck (for those that remember that format).

Mox Jet is my favorite gem as well. It fuels my favorite turn one play.

My tutor is really played. A solid year of on and off unsleeved play ... then some time in a 250 deck (for those that remember that format).

Mox Jet is my favorite gem as well. It fuels my favorite turn one play.

U need moar beta dark ritual!!

U need moar beta dark ritual!!
    No way brah ... the flavor text on tempest ritual is too hot.

"If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." -Volrath

I'm guessing that's Volrath in the baller ass art as well.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I don't think it is.

-Matt

Newest members of the collection. Dig the pants.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Second FBB German Underground Sea, Beta Dark Rituals, and Unglued Goblin tokens are on their way to me. Would people be interested in seeing a English non-foil deck in this thread? (I don't like foils, but I do like black borders and original printings.)
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    Second FBB German Underground Sea, Beta Dark Rituals, and Unglued Goblin tokens are on their way to me. Would people be interested in seeing a English non-foil deck in this thread? (I don't like foils, but I do like black borders and original printings.)
    You show me yours, and I'll show you mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    That's what I dig, originals. Please share.
    "Want all, lose all."

Sep 2010
    Chapel Hill, NC

No way brah ... the flavor text on tempest ritual is too hot.

"If there is such a thing as too much power, I have not discovered it." -Volrath

I'm guessing that's Volrath in the baller ass art as well.
    I do especially love the art and flavor text on the Tempest ritual. Confusingly, I don't think it's intended to be Volrath, though. This is the look I'm familiar with:

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by caiomarcos View Post
    That's what I dig, originals. Please share.
    I'll do that when everything gets here, then.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Russian Foil Marsh Flats? Hawt.

-Matt

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Both of these scans are larger than the previous ones supplied by my artist. But it is irrelevant...I'll be scanning them all together once they're back.

Time Vault:

Black Lotus:

All that is left is Spike on the foil Voltaic Keys and DD Tezzeret the Seekers, and my Guru duals. And my artist is correcting Celestia's mane and tail - the green isn't visible enough and he missed the pink portion.
    Don't Hate the Herd

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

One thousand Vintage decks just died from internal bleeding.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    One thousand Vintage decks just died from internal bleeding.
    Good. Less competition at Vintage Worlds.
    Don't Hate the Herd

Thread Information