Page 389 of 956 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489889 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Inb4Lock
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Inb4Lock
    Quick someone rehash some pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    I think you missed the point...
    awesome, John.

edit: the ponies are fucking stupid and ugly. my only hope is that you did that solely to get attn and start flame wars. cuz if they were done for any other reason then you, sir, do not deserve to own magic cards.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Today, I received an inch of Russian pimps. Pimp can be measured linearly as well as on goodness, right?

-Matt

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by i_set_fire View Post
    awesome, John.

edit: the ponies are fucking stupid and ugly. my only hope is that you did that solely to get attn and start flame wars. cuz if they were done for any other reason then you, sir, do not deserve to own magic cards.
    Regardless of your hate, I will love and tolerate.

Don't Hate the Herd

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Less gender ambiguous cartoons, more PIMP shit pls.

Sometimes, Pimp is also in the amount.

~600 count box filled with Minty Korean basics. I can't say its hoarding, because they came in my Starters :D

Also, my finished Maverick manabase - My rules: 1) Korean if possible 2) original printing otherwise
    West side
    My Legacy stream

You're not following your own rules with those Beta Savannahs :P

Sent the above pic to a friend of mine. Hilarity ensued. Chatlog:

(1:49:32 AM) HERP: this guy got a bunch of ponies altered onto his beta power 9
    (1:49:38 AM) HERP: it's actually the gayest thing I've ever seen
    (1:49:49 AM) derpington: bronies are srs bsns
    (1:50:03 AM) HERP: lol
    (1:50:06 AM) HERP: why is that
    (1:50:15 AM) derpington: are you not aware of the phenomenon
    (1:50:35 AM) HERP: oh I know
    (1:50:40 AM) HERP: but I still think it's retarded
    (1:50:41 AM) HERP: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Decks/page389
    (1:50:41 AM) derpington: if you are looking for some deeper philosophical understanding of the phenomenon, i have no idea
    (1:50:54 AM) derpington: i've watched the first three eps of the show and it's clearly a quality kids show
    (1:50:57 AM) derpington: which is commendable
    (1:51:05 AM) derpington: but it's not something i'd personally watch
    (1:51:10 AM) derpington: much less get insanely into
    (1:51:44 AM) HERP: well
    (1:51:49 AM) HERP: they must be gay
    (1:52:28 AM) derpington: he also got the wrong ponies painted on most of the cards
    (1:52:40 AM) HERP: how is that
    (1:53:01 AM) derpington: like rainbow dash should clearly be the mox ruby
    (1:53:10 AM) derpington: since her character really embodies the red mindset
    (1:53:14 AM) derpington: she's fast and hasty
    (1:53:18 AM) derpington: rash and emotional
    (1:53:21 AM) derpington: acts without thinking
    (1:53:22 AM) derpington: etc.
    (1:53:37 AM) derpington: i don't know who that actually is on the ruby, some character that's not in the first three eps, obviously
    (1:53:44 AM) derpington: but he/she really doesn't look red to me
    (1:53:53 AM) derpington: also fluttershy as the mox sapphire really makes no sense
    (1:54:17 AM) derpington: blue is about intellect, artifice, manipulation, etc.
    (1:54:29 AM) derpington: fluttershy is the one that *gets manipulated* by all the other ponies because she can't stand up for herself
    (1:54:43 AM) derpington: the one on the mox pearl is much more blue in that respect, she's haughty and manipulative, almost black except she does actually care about her friends
    (1:54:45 AM) derpington: i can't recall her name
    (1:55:23 AM) derpington: also princess celestia just has no business being on the black lotus, she should probably be on the ancestral
    (1:55:36 AM) derpington: while the big black unicorn pegasus (can't recall name) clearly belongs on the lotus
    (1:56:09 AM) derpington: also the pony they have on the time vault, i can't remember her name (though she's the main character, lol) has nothing to do with time manipulation or anything?
    (1:56:27 AM) derpington: she should probably be on the mox pearl because she's very pure in nature and spirit
    (1:56:33 AM) derpington: which is kind of more green but applejack clearly has to be green
    (1:56:37 AM) derpington: so the main character gets shifted to white
    (1:56:52 AM) derpington: white isn't always innocent and pure and good at heart, but a lot of white cards have that quality
    (1:57:21 AM) derpington: also
    (1:57:35 AM) derpington: there's a pony named "derpy" that was added in as a joke
    (1:57:39 AM) derpington: he/she has googly eyes and talks funny
    (1:57:52 AM) derpington: at first he/she was just in the background of some ep (i haven't seen it, don't know all the details)
    (1:58:01 AM) derpington: but the fans thought the drawing of a pony with googly eyes looked so funny
    (1:58:10 AM) derpington: eventually they added derpy into an ep and gave her/him lines
    (1:58:21 AM) derpington: clearly cross-eyed derpy should be time twister
    (1:58:27 AM) derpington: i mean
    (1:58:31 AM) derpington: if the guy fucking loves ponies
    (1:58:36 AM) derpington: who am i to say he can't love the show
    (1:58:38 AM) derpington: it's what he likes
    (1:58:48 AM) derpington: but he should at least put some fucking thought into which ones gets drawn onto which cards?
    (1:58:51 AM) derpington: that's just lazy shit
    (1:58:59 AM) derpington: he defiled his power with the wrong fucking ponies
    (1:59:03 AM) derpington: what an idiot

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Adam beat me to it. Those aren't Korean Beta Savannahs.

Overall, you know it looks nice. I don't need to tell you that

What's the rest look like?

-Matt

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by hukstor View Post
    You're not following your own rules with those Beta Savannahs :P
    Amendment: must also be playable unsleeved. Riffle shuffle that shit dawg

The rest of the deck also follows those rules, which means its mostly English non-foil.
    West side
    My Legacy stream

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Actually, the Power are all Fair/Poor condition Unlimited - not Beta. Also...

Black Lotus: Princess Celestia. She is a rather minor recurring character who has a large influence on the story despite appearing only once per show (typically). The Black Lotus is a relatively minor piece of Power that typically shows up once per game, but has a huge mythos built around it in this game.

Ancestral Recall: Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie likes to party. Casting Ancestral Recall and drawing three cards is like a party.

Time Walk: Rainbow Dash likes to fly. Fast. So fast, she gives you an extra turn.

Timetwister: Princess Luna. Timetwister has almost been kicked out of the Power Nine. Princess Luna was kicked out of Equestria for 1,000 years.

Mox Emerald: Applejack. She seems to fit green, being a very nature-like Earth Pony.

Mox Jet: Nightmare Moon. The evil version of Princess Luna, who was eventually turned back to good. Black is a very evil color, that usually is used in conjunction with other colors to achieve "good."

Mox Pearl: Rarity. Rarity, despite being manipulative, is a very honest and pure hearted Unicorn Pony. Seems fitting to white.

Mox Ruby: Trixie. She has appeared in only one episode of season 1 so far. She is full of bluster and loves to boast, but can't quite live up to it. Feels like red to me - it throws everything it has at you...and just can't quit finish it.

Mox Sapphire: Fluttershy. Not really sure why I put Fluttershy on the Sapphire.

Time Vault: Twilight Sparkle. She lives in a library. A vault is sort of like a library. And in season two, she learns how to time travel. Also, she is the main character of the series and Time Vault is often the most potent and game changing artifact you can play in Vintage - sort of the main character of the game. Eventually, my Voltaic Keys and Tezzeret the Seekers will be altered into Spike. They are Time Vault's sidekicks. Spike is Twilight Sparkle's sidekick.

And just to put it in perspective...I am 31 years old, a Navy veteran, have a concealed carry license, drive a sports car, work in the nuclear power industry, play Vintage with a fully foiled/BB (counting altered Unlimited Power, Time Vault, and duals as BB) Meandeck Gush Control list, and I watch Ponies.
    Don't Hate the Herd

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Amendment: must also be playable unsleeved. Riffle shuffle that shit dawg

The rest of the deck also follows those rules, which means its mostly English non-foil.
    Alright, lets get a shot of those backs :)

Responses from my friend follow.

Black Lotus: Princess Celestia. She is a rather minor recurring character who has a large influence on the story despite appearing only once per show (typically). The Black Lotus is a relatively minor piece of Power that typically shows up once per game, but has a huge mythos built around it in this game.

Ancestral Recall: Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie likes to party. Casting Ancestral Recall and drawing three cards is like a party.
    Celestia is the ancestor. She's one of two mares on the show, is the mother figure, etc. Her clearest flavor link is to Ancestral Recall.

The mythos we as players -- external to the game itself and its mechanisms and flavor and whatnot -- ascribe to Black Lotus is not anywhere near as relevant for these sorts of considerations. Also, from a flavor perspective Black Lotus itself is essentially a blank. All we really have to go on is that it's called Black Lotus for no particular reason. The big black shadow unicorn pegasus thing is the clearest aesthetic match here.

There's also a real argument to be made that Celestia and Nightmare should in some sense be a pair, as they are in the show. Sun and Moon. Sisters. Quick! What are the "power 2"? Recall and Lotus. Celestia and Nightmare. (Also, calling Lotus a "minor piece of power" is just laughable.)

Time Walk: Rainbow Dash likes to fly. Fast. So fast, she gives you an extra turn.
    I bet you really loved it when Superman flew around the Earth so fast in the direction opposite its rotation that it started to rotate the other way, and time turned back. You are dumb. Rainbow Dash is red. I dunno who i'd put on Time Walk (I'd need to watch the show and learn more about it), but definitely not Rainbow Dash.

Timetwister: Princess Luna. Timetwister has almost been kicked out of the Power Nine. Princess Luna was kicked out of Equestria for 1,000 years.
    Derpy as Twister is one of the most compelling flavor matchups out there. It's a slam dunk and a home run and Miracle On Ice all rolled into one. It even neatly captures the sort of inside, self-referential, occasionally self-deprecating humor that I gather is one of the reasons people love the show so much.

Also, again, our external perceptions of Timetwister no longer being worthy of being called power is not the most relevant consideration to the actual flavor of the card itself. We are trying to capture intrinsic flavor here, something that would be as valid in 1994 as it is now (assuming Friendship Is Magic existed back then.)

Mox Emerald: Applejack. She seems to fit green, being a very nature-like Earth Pony.
    No arguments, obvious.

Mox Jet: Nightmare Moon. The evil version of Princess Luna, who was eventually turned back to good. Black is a very evil color, that usually is used in conjunction with other colors to achieve "good."
    First of all, black is not evil. Black is selfish and power hungry, which often manifests itself in evil ways, but black is no more categorically evil than white is categorically good.

It's also very displeasing aesthetically to have four of the Moxes be ponies while for no reason in particular the Jet is a mare. All five of the Moxes should be ponies (or at least kid characters of equivalent stature) unless there's a really compelling reason for them not to be.

Anyway, from my limited exposure I've gathered some of the ponies are more selfish than others but none of them really seem to embody that black spirit particularly well. Perhaps Gilda the asshole Griffon is a good fit here? Keep in mind I have not seen her episode, but I just did a little quick reading on a wiki in order to respond to you, and she seems like a pretty good match here.

Or even use pony-sized Luna if you have to, though it is displeasing to have both Luna and Nightmare on separate cards as they are, in fact, the same person.

Mox Pearl: Rarity. Rarity, despite being manipulative, is a very honest and pure hearted Unicorn Pony. Seems fitting to white.
    None of the ponies really embody the spirit of white manipulation. When white is manipulative, it's usually because it's actually being evil despite strong conviction it is being good. Think The Dark style Preacher shenanigans. Yes, that card would never get printed in the modern game, but it perfectly captures the modern flavor of how white is manipulative. That's not Rarity.

Rarity is sophisticated, a bit snobbish, is a fashion designer (which color is known for design and artifice?), and her main magic power is telekinesis. Yes, other ponies have telekinesis, too, but Rarity is clearly blue.

And saying that Rarity is "honest and pure" and therefore should be white is so misleading. They are all honest and pure. But only Twilight Sparkle is most closely associated with Celestia, has an older brother that is a royal guard, etc.

Yes, she has a lot of blue in her, too, but if we are assigning each pony to one color, Twilight Sparkle is clearly more white than blue, and Rarity is clearly more blue than white. Also, Fluttershy is much whiter than Rarity.

Mox Ruby: Trixie. She has appeared in only one episode of season 1 so far. She is full of bluster and loves to boast, but can't quite live up to it. Feels like red to me - it throws everything it has at you...and just can't quit finish it.
    Except when red does finish it, which happens all the time. I mean, maybe red is the most boastful color, though I think that's black, anyway. But boasting isn't red's most important flavor element (or even a large one.) Rainbow Dash is so clearly red that it makes no sense to use a minor character here when a major character will do. Using a minor character on Jet as I suggested earlier is much more justifiable because (afaik) no other pony-stature character really seems that black and Gilda is just an asshole.

And if you want to talk cards that really capture the bluster and boast of Trixie, how about Time Walk? Taking an extra turn is this seemingly awesome splashy effect that ... often amounts to little more than "land, go."

Mox Sapphire: Fluttershy. Not really sure why I put Fluttershy on the Sapphire.
    Previously discussed.

Time Vault: Twilight Sparkle. She lives in a library. A vault is sort of like a library. And in season two, she learns how to time travel. Also, she is the main character of the series and Time Vault is often the most potent and game changing artifact you can play in Vintage - sort of the main character of the game. Eventually, my Voltaic Keys and Tezzeret the Seekers will be altered into Spike. They are Time Vault's sidekicks. Spike is Twilight Sparkle's sidekick.
    Vault = library is a particularly pathetic bit of stretching. Is a vault also like a grocery store? Twilight Sparkle just doesn't make sense.

Discord seems like an okay fit here. The art on Time Vault looks pretty inimical and evil, imo, and Discord is inimical and evil. He is described as having "reality altering powers" ... taking unlimited free turns (as Time Vault occasionally does) seems kinda reality altering to me.

And just to put it in perspective...I am 31 years old, a Navy veteran, have a concealed carry license, drive a sports car, work in the nuclear power industry, play Vintage with a fully foiled/BB (counting altered Unlimited Power, Time Vault, and duals as BB) Meandeck Gush Control list, and I watch Ponies.
    Don't care, dunno what you're trying to put into perspective or prove. You matched ponies to cards poorly. Also those duals are ugly. Maybe don't cover up the original art with a magic marker next time, or whatever you had done.

The Illusionist
    Apr 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    Hehe, you went a complete different direction then i did with my Damia deck, but i like the way it looks ;)

Aug 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by anon0000 View Post
    bla bla
    Look, no body cares about the friggin ponies and their caharacters alright? If you are so into them carry your "which pony should be on which Mox" articles to PM. Or make them premium like mr. Menedian (for only 2.99) 'cause I really don't want to read them. This is a pimp forum and we common folk are following it to see some pimp cards, not bitchering.

Also, there are a lot of people who don't like seeing ponies on Power but that discussion have been done to death. Get over your jealousy, he has power and he is painting ponies on them like a boss. If he had altered those Moxen with Jedis you'd all be drooling because you'd think Star Wars is cool. It's what you think is cool and those are his cards, he thinks ponies are cool so that's it.

Have we had enough of this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    Look, no body cares about the friggin ponies and their caharacters alright? If you are so into them carry your "which pony should be on which Mox" articles to PM. Or make them premium like mr. Menedian (for only 2.99) 'cause I really don't want to read them. This is a pimp forum and we common folk are following it to see some pimp cards, not bitchering.

Also, there are a lot of people who don't like seeing ponies on Power but that discussion have been done to death. Get over your jealousy, he has power and he is painting ponies on them like a boss. If he had altered those Moxen with Jedis you'd all be drooling because you'd think Star Wars is cool. It's what you think is cool and those are his cards, he thinks ponies are cool so that's it.

Have we had enough of this yet?
    It seems like you rather missed the entire point of my friend's complaint. He doesn't care what theme you choose for your cards, as long as that theme is represented in a manner that is faithful to the source material, Magic, and their hypothetical intersection. He believes the wrong ponies were painted on various cards, akin to painting Star Wars' Emperor on a Mox Emerald, as the Emperor is clearly not green.

Aug 2011
    Italy

You missed the part where I refered to your post as an "article about which pony should go on which Mox" and that we didn't care for it and that this thread was not the place for it.

and your friend is the expert on ponies of course.

you clearly missed his point, it's solaran's cards and had "justified" his pony choices. no point beating up a dead and gone topic sheesh...

oh right but its ponies!!! pawniez!!! watever.

ill get my p9 altered with the legend of korra avatar series and people say whatever but would i care? unless of course i paint it with zuko for mox pearl or amon for ancestral recall then ohnoes!!! i madeamistakefuckmylife!

sheesh. more pimp please.

The Illusionist
    Apr 2012
    Netherlands

Even tho i am a fan of ponies, i will break it with some newly aqcuired stuff for combo :D

Foil Burning Wishes are on their way here aswell :D

Thread Information