Page 394 of 956 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494894 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Mental Misstep your....oh wait
    Dec 2010
    Boston

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Madpeep View Post
    Hey Chags, I'm glad you like the cards. Let me know if you need anything else, like the brainstorms, heh. You've got my info.
    The cards are very.nice indeed. Will you be at the dual tourney at dhg June 2nd? Or scg Worcester June 9 and 10th? I'd like to grab that set of brainstorms then if I can.
    "Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

So ... we had a Vintage tourney of 6 whole people. Before I break this down I'll take some pictures.

I ended up proxying a Lotus as well.

WE LOVE HATE! WE HATE LOVE!

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

I don't feel like my deck is quite ready to post here yet, although it's getting close. For now, a question -- those of you who get foreign sealed product, where do you usually find it? I'd specifically be looking for like a German box of AVR....haven't found anything halfway reasonable, though, after checking out German and Global eBay. Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Those are some hot Chinese Wastelands.

No time to actually play Legacy
    Jun 2009
    Washington, D.C.

@nedleeds: Sweet deck, I love me some Vintage Haterator. One question though, why Mikaeus, the Lunarch? I haven't seen that before in Vintage.

Jan 2012
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    I don't feel like my deck is quite ready to post here yet, although it's getting close. For now, a question -- those of you who get foreign sealed product, where do you usually find it? I'd specifically be looking for like a German box of AVR....haven't found anything halfway reasonable, though, after checking out German and Global eBay. Any help would be appreciated.
    A german AVR booster box is 110$ without shipping, but shipping overseas (USA->Germany) cost like 25$/box.

I bought a russian Avacyn booster box. The plan was to get lucky and hit a Temporal Mastery foil.

And the box was... pretty good. Miracle Good.

Aug 2011
    Italy

How different are Russian Foil prices from English Foil prices for AVR?

lol u really pulled the foil mastery? xD
    unbelieveable^^

i once bought a russian 10th box to pull a foil hurkyls recall, but i wasnt as lucky as you, i probably will never find that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by atropos View Post
    @nedleeds: Sweet deck, I love me some Vintage Haterator. One question though, why Mikaeus, the Lunarch? I haven't seen that before in Vintage.
    I thought there would be bears and dredge. Against Dredge he reads W -> remove their bridges (unless you are leylined of course). Against other man decks all it takes is 2-3 counters ... making Thalia a 3/2 first strike is great versus golems. He's not a world beater, he could have been a Tarmogoyf or maybe another Knight. There's quite a bit of competition for the dude slots. I was running Fauna Shaman so I had a couple of bullets, or I could just chuck extra legends for more Pridemages and Gedankensenzors.

Edit: but most important I had a cool looking Russian one.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Russian foil prices are listed as: whatever someone is willing to pay. It can be insane or not, depending on the card/playability.

Ex. English Foil Confidants are around 100, Russian Foil can be upwards of 600 or so (not exact, just relative scale). Foil Jaces are what, 200-250? Russian Foil you can't actually find. The people that have them really don't want to trade/sell them. From what I've heard, they're about $1,000. Probably more, though.

-Matt

There comes a point where economic models break down in the face of extreme demand and extreme scarcity. Then you are left simply with impulse buying and people with foil OCD

No time to actually play Legacy
    Jun 2009
    Washington, D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I thought there would be bears and dredge. Against Dredge he reads W -> remove their bridges (unless you are leylined of course). Against other man decks all it takes is 2-3 counters ... making Thalia a 3/2 first strike is great versus golems. He's not a world beater, he could have been a Tarmogoyf or maybe another Knight. There's quite a bit of competition for the dude slots. I was running Fauna Shaman so I had a couple of bullets, or I could just chuck extra legends for more Pridemages and Gedankensenzors.

Edit: but most important I had a cool looking Russian one.
    Hmm, interesting application of the card. Thalia's with +1/+1 counters sounds very scary indeed.

Dec 2010
    Boston

That was a pretty solid box, don't play in any tournies for a bit you probably just used up all your luck.

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Russian foil prices are listed as: whatever someone is willing to pay. It can be insane or not, depending on the card/playability.

Ex. English Foil Confidants are around 100, Russian Foil can be upwards of 600 or so (not exact, just relative scale). Foil Jaces are what, 200-250? Russian Foil you can't actually find. The people that have them really don't want to trade/sell them. From what I've heard, they're about $1,000. Probably more, though.

-Matt
    Sound the Ertai's Familiar signal, someone needs to complain about shill bidding~

Dec 2010
    Boston

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    Sound the Ertai's Familiar signal, someone needs to complain about shill bidding~
    He's already been in the reprints thread today on that topic.

Loves Witchcraft. <3
    Oct 2010

So,

I got bored of my old Ultra Pro deckbox, because it's so boring. Just gray box. Whee. I decided to make myself a new deckbox! Here are some pictures to show what my deckbox looks like now, been thinking about adding something. In the pictures there's missing a little cloth bag that I made, which will hang on the red ribbon. The bag will have ritual dice from Witcher 2, few old coins (including the ones which came with the Witcher 2..) and different stones/gems.

Here's the whole package! In the ribbon I wrote different stuff in viking runes "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl ftagn" which should translate into "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming". There was still plenty of ribbon remaining so I wrote a part of lyrics from a song by Blind Guardian:

I've lost my battle before it starts
    My first breath wasn't done
    My spirit's sunken deep
    Into the ground

Here's the whole cover without the ribbon blocking the path. Thought about writing Necronomicon in viking runes also, but what fun would it be if nobody knew what my book is supposed to be.

I googled for pictures about necronomicon and found a very awesome picture that I think is supposed to show what Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred looks like. So I used that as an example and drew my own. :) Under the picture is written more lyrics from Mordred's song:

Fate fooled me
    And changed my cards

(and now I notice that I mistyped it, d'oh.)

And here lies my deck, there's room for 75 MD cards and over 20 tokens. Too bad that the cards are bit hard to get out from there, got to get more red ribbon to help me pull them out. :)

Here's "added bonus", which might give you a hint about what I plan to play this weekend...

(Didn't know where to post this, but this thread seemed like the right opinion when comparing to altered cards -thread.)
    Last edited by Machahiko; 05-21-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added bits

Religion has died. All shall melt under one sign.

Pretty boss deck box, you should hit Legacy champs at Gencon with a severed goat head helmet and a blood stained robe.

Don't phyresis me, bro!
    Sep 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI

Hot sauce, Machahiko. I'm always down for some non-euclidean architecture/deck boxes. :P

Love your deck box. In the last page you can see my new necronomicon box.

Thread Information