Page 398 of 956 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Mar 2012
    Chicago

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gunslinga View Post
    I went 5-3 at SCG Madison today, playing 75 misprints. It was a ton of fun. I played UW Control and beat Maverick, Thopter-Sword, White Weenie, Esper Stoneblade, and one other deck. It was amazingly fun. Pictures will be up soon, I promise.
    Dude, I saw you playing with that thing on Sunday and was floored. When you cast that back-printed Brainstorm and I swear everyone within ten feet of your match snapped their heads in that direction like they'd felt a trembling in the aether. People were like "This can't be what I think it is, not every card."

Quote Originally Posted by dernestor86 View Post
    yes they are ce, and i think this is the same seller. both from italy and it was mentioned somewhere else that the ebay seller is palmetta
    Does anyone in europe know if any of the bigger vintage leagues over there allow CE/IE? Seems like a ton of them spring up from Italy / Spain on the various sites. I know a guy from Italy bought my 95% signed CE set 5-6 years back off eBay.

Or were they all bought up to try and make fakes ...

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I have never heard of one of the major European Vintage tournaments allowing proxies. They're DCI-sanctioned after all.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Feb 2011
    São Paulo, Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gunslinga View Post
    So, here's some background. A few months ago, my friend Soly suggested I play an all-misprint deck. I have an all-misprinted EDH, and I thought that I should build a Legacy deck for the upcoming SCG Madison. I have a LOT of misprints, since I've been collecting them for at least 8-10 years, and I have a lot of playable ones, especially blue ones, so I went with a blue-white control deck. Remember, this had to be a 75-misprint deck, so that's why I went with Jace Beleren instead of Jace the Mindsculptor and that sort of thing. I went 5-3 with it, beating a lot of top decks. I had a TON of fun and I will definitely be playing a lot more Legacy in the future. Here's what I played:

<pics>

If you can't see the card's misprinting, it's probably crimped. My misprinted EDH has no crimps in it because I thought that would be too easy, as I have over 6000 crimped cards, but I played some crimps in my Legacy deck because otherwise it would be impossible to field a playable deck.
    Sick! I gotta say, that Vendilion is the coolest :P

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

While this is true, when deck-checks are done, do they check to see if BB power is CE or not if it's clipped perfectly?

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

-Matt
    x2
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

While this is true, when deck-checks are done, do they check to see if BB power is CE or not if it's clipped perfectly?
    Checking for counterfeit cards is done, yes.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

The Illusionist
    Apr 2012
    Netherlands

Something nice i picked up along the way, if anyone fancies it i'll put it up on Ebay ;)

NM Korean Goodies <3

Collectors Edition cards have gold borders on the back and the edges are square, so it's not that hard to make out in a deck check. Plus it says COLLECTOR'S EDITION on the back. :P

Mental Misstep your....oh wait
    Dec 2010
    Boston

More stoneblade goodies came in today. Poor picture quality but all foil if you can't tell.

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    Can you imagine the agony of believing one of your power was real, only to have a deck check reveal it's a fake ... smack in the middle of an event?

How about this scenario, a spliced card - the front part could be real (you can't tell a CE front from a beta front right?).

I have a real beta jet and I also have a beta jet with no back that I can only assume is a CE/IE (otherwise why would it be sanded down?). I'll post some scans.

-Matt
    From what I've seen decks aren't desleeved in most legacy deck checks. At least mine haven't been ... and they are littered with beta wraths, armageddons etc.

Aug 2011
    Italy

Such a deck check could turn out like
    Doctor: Sir, before we transfer your blood to your son we run the preliminary blood checks and...Did your wife see other men before your son was born?
    Man:

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Have you ever caught someone using counterfeit cards? Was it deliberate? What was the punishment? Could you imagine reporting someone to the police? Do you know if WotC reacts when someone is reported to the DCI using "real" fake cards, like illegal reprints from some dubious country?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Sep 2011
    Baltimore, MD

I've locked up 3 JP Foil Windswept Heaths so far; pics coming once I get back from SCG Orlando this weekend. (Still need a 4th! And Presences! :( )
    Level 2 DCI Judge
    EDH Degenerate Extraordinaire

That Brainstorm is 100% insane.

Also, is that clique even close to sleeve playable?

I feel like that deck also is short a crimped foil flooded strand that I happen to own.

I feel it's short the crimped beta Savannah that I eBay'ed half a decade ago. It irritated me that it was crimped.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

I would post my Vintage deck, but it's 1 card short of being sanctioned legal. That means you don't get to see it yet - which is a shame since it's very pretty. *anticipation*

Rules:
    UNL power until I upgrade to NM beta... ya that might take a yearly bonus or ten to achieve
    Korean if available, otherwise Pre-8th Edition (aka Old frame)
    FBB German on duals
    Foils are ugly and Signatures deface the cards. (I'm looking at you Rob Alexander)
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Korean if available, otherwise Pre-8th Edition (aka Old frame)
    FBB German on duals
    Foils are ugly and Signatures deface the cards. (I'm looking at you Rob Alexander)
    This man speaks truth facts.

I'm going for beat up beta for Gencon (4 cards to go). I can't deal with non P3K white bordered. I figure between Origins, Gencon and the bi-weekly Vintage here in Atlanta I'll pound the shit out of my cards any near mintness will be eroded.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I look forward to the deck, Koby

-Matt

Thread Information