Page 480 of 956 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 9,581 to 9,600 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Software wizard

Jun 2008
    Toronto

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Sadly I think I have too many korean cards to make a deck :|
    So i have been playtesting many 93/94 decks recently, this format is wicked especially thanks to the simplicity and normal pace of games:

The aggresive red/white posted on 93/94 oldchool last tournament:

The "prehistoric school" Brian Weissman's The Deck from mtgsalvation:

(Notice the 3 strip mines allowed at the time).

And the more recent "The deck" from 93/94 oldschool from the deck to beat section:

Jul 2007
    The Frozen North

Wow... in all my time here, I think I can say those are the most beautiful decks I have ever seen!!!

Having played back in '93-'94, it is great to see such beautiful "old school" decks - well done There's just nothing that compairs to original pimp. Thanks for sharing.

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

Nov 2011
    Canada

Wow the 93/94 decks are great and aside from the 10-12 white border cards they really do look stunning.

Cheers and congrats on putting them together.
    Cheers

And if you enjoy other Magic The Gathering sites try out www.mtgfanatic.com

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

I miss the times when these cards were good.

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011
    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...

It's almost a year since I finished my completely signed Beta set. I continued collecting signed beta cards (naturally) and this is now my current state...Somewhere around 900 signed Beta cards

I present it a bit differently than the previous sets to make it more interesting...Each signed card has it's own space...

I hope you like it (it took quite some time to scan this whole thing and to write this post) :-D

"Markers completely signed Beta set - 2012 version"

Since this page still only allows no more than 11 pictures (and I don't have the nerves for 10 posts) here is the link to my collection at MTGLibrarities:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/foru...?p=70132#70132

Enjoy!
    Signed card collector

Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    I miss the times when these cards were good.
    HAHAHA ... I mean a resolved Haunting Echoes is still an epic horse raping; it's just that resolving it is tough in Legacy. Some kind of mono black deck that has made it to mid game against a RUG deck resolving this would be hilarious.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

...but in all seriousness serra angel makes me hot in the pants

The specimen seems to be broken.
    Dec 2008
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasbol View Post
    Thanks for the list, I could not find it on http://oldschool-mtg.blogspot.ca/. Why not take a nice picture of the deck too and post it her :P !
    I don't currently have it put together, but when we play the finals I will make sure we take lots of pictures. Sadly, though, it's a battle of beta vs unlimited and I am on the white borded side :( My opponent has all alpha/beta, but it will be interessting to see who will win :) I could get his decklist if anyone is interested.
    "Think of all we could learn from it! It's the chance of a lifetime! You must let me have it! It's a magnificent specimen!"

Scandinavian Master Legacy 2010

World champion 93/94 2013

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Picked up some cute none foil japanese cabal therapies yesterday.

The player was a foreign exchange student from japan. His trade was full of beta duals, 2x english seals, + other high end stuff. I asked if any was for sale or trade. He said no, but I asked if I could see. He told me they might be fake.
    Back story, I had a buddy run into the same guy a few weeks back. Ended up getting a moat, seal, sea and some other stuff from him. Upon further inspection, we found out they were fake, luckily he got all his stuff back * I might have told this story*

The Japanese player bought a collection for a decent chunk of cash * he didn't specify total price* in japan.

So, continuing with the story, we continued talking. I pulled out my beta stuff, and the unlimited/beta power I had with me * the stuff I'm selling for a buddy* and we started comparing. You could easily tell the difference once you see a real card. * I knew right away, they were all dark prints and semi low res stuff* Everything * 30+ beta duals, power, moats, seals, etc* ended up being fake.

Funny thing was I compared my beta scrubland to his, he held both in hand and said he could tell the difference, then places both down on the table, the fake more towards me implying that's my scrubland, and the other towards him. I obviously noticed and switched them around. I imagine on accident, but still sketchy.

On a serious note, I might be picking up a beta ex volcanic island soon. :)
    Last edited by r3dd09; 11-26-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Picked up a playset of russian Ponders, a russian Angel of Despair, and a russian Seachrome Coast from a guy that wanted some of my commanders arsenal. Now to find a home for all of the cards :/ Thought about picking up a german foil Seismic assault but didnt want it at the time... now I want it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

So, are we allowing revised/foreign for 93/94 in Denver? If so, my deck will be much better, lol.

Software wizard

Jun 2008
    Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by elof View Post
    I don't currently have it put together, but when we play the finals I will make sure we take lots of pictures. Sadly, though, it's a battle of beta vs unlimited and I am on the white borded side :( My opponent has all alpha/beta, but it will be interessting to see who will win :) I could get his decklist if anyone is interested.
    Please please elof: TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES !!!!! Wait, even better why not video tape the final and post it on youtube ? In the name of the 93/94 format: This is the Right Thing to Do !!

Hi All,

I never have any cards worthy of this thread but since people post playmats, sleeves, and similar, I figured that some of you could appreciate these.

I included both the image used to advertise them as well as a poorly lit picture taken from my iPhone. Neither of which do them justice in person.
    I work for an online retailer and I'm afraid I can't provide a link since we have stopped selling them and I couldn't find them elsewhere online after a half-assed search.

"An outrageously luxurious pair of shimmering, Swarovski-studded, silver-plated dice, paired with a piano finish wood box. Each sparkles with tiny crystals cut by the legendary Swarovski company. Includes 2 pieces of 17mm metal cubes, 23K gold plating with sapphire Swarovski crystals, in a glossy wooden box."

They're a good size and heavy. Nice box too.

"I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Software wizard

Jun 2008
    Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by jjflipped View Post
    So, are we allowing revised/foreign for 93/94 in Denver? If so, my deck will be much better, lol.
    Sorry to intrude, but if you have the card in a more recent edition I would suggest to use a high quality proxy done with a color printer in order to not ruin the "nostalgia" factor. This is the direction we are heading to in Toronto.

Sorry to intrude, but if you have the card in a more recent edition I would suggest to use a high quality proxy done with a color printer in order to not ruin the "nostalgia" factor. This is the direction we are heading to in Toronto.
    Proxies seem more anti nostalgia than revised dual lands. Most of us who were playing back then had revised duals, and it is probably more nostalgic to play with those than with the beta dual lands that I own.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Proxies are the polar opposite of pimp.

The specimen seems to be broken.
    Dec 2008
    Sweden

Please please elof: TAKE PLENTY OF PICTURES !!!!! Wait, even better why not video tape the final and post it on youtube ? In the name of the 93/94 format: This is the Right Thing to Do !!
    We are researching the possibilitys for tapeing it and post it on youtube/the blog. I will update as soon as I know more, right now we are looking at playing around christmas.
    "Think of all we could learn from it! It's the chance of a lifetime! You must let me have it! It's a magnificent specimen!"

Scandinavian Master Legacy 2010

World champion 93/94 2013

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

I commend you Markers for the time you take on your scans. I did about 100 scans last night and I'm still sore.

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011
    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd09 View Post
    I commend you Markers for the time you take on your scans. I did about 100 scans last night and I'm still sore.
    Thanks
    Signed card collector

Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC