Page 497 of 956 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Finally, I DON'T think these have been seen anywhere else, so I kept them for last.

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

The Illusionist
    Apr 2012
    Netherlands

Occam you crazy, crazy dude.
    Awesome stuff tho :P I'd wish i had those Duress, they look really cool :P

So much insane stuff, unbelieveable. What' the story behind the first land and the last 3 cards?

Jan 2012
    Germany

But you are not the "Misprint Youbtubeguy" ?

Sep 2011
    Baltimore, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Occam View Post
    Gauntlet => Tetravus
    River => Earthbind
    Mana Flare => Energy Flux
    Scrubland => Reb

The backs are all double sided. Feel free to work out what the other cards on the backs are.
    Gauntlet => Tetravus. Power Leak?
    River => Earthbind. Tawnos' Wand?
    Mana Flare => Energy Flux, Forest
    Scrubland => Reb, Yawgmoth Demon?

Either way, absolutely insane.
    Level 2 DCI Judge
    EDH Degenerate Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrybold View Post
    no, occam is from singapore, the misprint guy is from usa.

yes, initially those cards come from richard, occam and keith (the misprint guy) acquired some of those UNL/AQ test prints from him.

this is insane stuff! i´d love to have the 2 duresses (they would land in my deck immediately xD )

more pictures please =)

@r3dd03: glad you got the package and enjoying it ;-)

i think this was the 2nd fastest oversea delivery i ever witnessed that was not express (5days from germany to usa, a year ago it even happened in 4days, hehe)

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp2293 View Post
    So much insane stuff, unbelieveable. What' the story behind the first land and the last 3 cards?
    The first one is from an unofficial set of cards. It's not particularly valuable or anything, just picked it up because it looked cool.

The last 3 cards are a bit more interesting, since they're not new. The copyright date at the bottom of those says 2008, so they were created 4-5 years ago, and they've never been mentioned before. To the best of my sketchy knowledge on this, they're just like the robot chicken cards -- created to be given to people, in this case, jgl and co. I really don't think any images have been posted before, and I've never read anything about these. They should probably be added to the library image pages at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrybold View Post
    Nah that's another guy. He's posted on the source before. He deals with all kinds of misprints, whereas I typically don't bother with miscuts, crimps, random oddities. Mostly with summer/test prints. His collection is a lot more extensive as a result of diversity, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakman86 View Post
    Gauntlet => Tetravus. Power Leak?
    River => Earthbind. Tawnos' Wand?
    Mana Flare => Energy Flux, Forest
    Scrubland => Reb, Yawgmoth Demon?

Either way, absolutely insane.
    I think you're right. Double prints of AQ and UNL cards on the back.

On the Duresses: I'll probably be rocking a set soon enough. Surprising that they get more airtime than a bgs 9.5 summer dual and some of the other stuff.

here are more players, we usually dont care about graded stuff. for me personally, i for instance actively dislike it.
    plus the duresses are much cooler in my opinion. people love the textless stuff!

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Amazing stuff
    Well worth the wait :)

Occam, do you still play or do you collect for the most part? If you do have decks together, I'd love to see them!

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Occam, I love and hate seeing your posts. Love:seeing the beauties and the rarities. Hate: makes me want to buy such things >.>

Dernestor -Remember, there was a Sunday ;) super fast and lovely looking as always. I'll be buying more goodies from you soon.

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Welp, the thread's over. Occam wins again. See you guys in 2014.
    T: @feingersh

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

I saw those triple misprinted things in person from Richard @last year Ovino7. He was asking rather low amount of money at that time (well still more than I could ever shell out for a misprinted mtg card), I thought it was a deal because you can flip that stuff at insane prices. In case you are wondering what's that white stuff on the misprinted backsides, is because other regular backs were glued onto the cards, a professional ancient book restorer unglued and restored them

Insane scans. Respect!
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

The first one is from an unofficial set of cards. It's not particularly valuable or anything, just picked it up because it looked cool.

The last 3 cards are a bit more interesting, since they're not new. The copyright date at the bottom of those says 2008, so they were created 4-5 years ago, and they've never been mentioned before. To the best of my sketchy knowledge on this, they're just like the robot chicken cards -- created to be given to people, in this case, jgl and co. I really don't think any images have been posted before, and I've never read anything about these. They should probably be added to the library image pages at some point in time.
    For some reason, I feel like I've seen the Seth Rogen, JGL, etc. cards before. Did you post them on Librarities? I feel like I've seen them before previous to this post.

-Matt

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Occam, you make my legs all wobbly from the awesomeness of your posts (Makes my foil sets cry themselves to sleep... I really should put up pictures of the ones I have completed... Have to scan them at some point then).

Always looking forward to your stuff, been a while, but the wait was well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by mini1337s View Post
    Well worth the wait :)

Occam, do you still play or do you collect for the most part? If you do have decks together, I'd love to see them!
    I hardly play physically, partially because of time (work, personal life, post grad) and partially because the eternal scene here is terrible. I play quite often on mws etc, though less so than before. Can probably put decks together for scans -- maybe I'll do some soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    I saw those triple misprinted things in person from Richard @last year Ovino7. He was asking rather low amount of money at that time (well still more than I could ever shell out for a misprinted mtg card), I thought it was a deal because you can flip that stuff at insane prices. In case you are wondering what's that white stuff on the misprinted backsides, is because other regular backs were glued onto the cards, a professional ancient book restorer unglued and restored them

Insane scans. Respect!
    Well, they aren't really misprints, more of very low quality test prints. Everything you said is accurate, though, including the part about flipping. I'm not really interested in making a profit from what I have though, fortunately (or unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    For some reason, I feel like I've seen the Seth Rogen, JGL, etc. cards before. Did you post them on Librarities? I feel like I've seen them before previous to this post.

-Matt
    Never. Those were the latest cards I got, and they practically arrived yesterday, just in time to get scanned. If there were such scans before, though, can you link me to the page? Would be interesting to see if any real info was posted on them. I searched quite a bit on google for these and found nothing. The only info I have is from the previous owner, that they were created to be given to jgl etc.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.

sdematt is completely right. they were posted before somewhere, i know these too.
    i dont think it was librarities, more like the early pages of the manadrain pimp vintage deck thread.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Occam, I want to do whatever you do for a living.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Then you better go back to school, Valter :P

This isn't a test print or anything cool like that, but I'm a big fan since bidding on the original of this was basically pointless. Scans lessen the subtlety of the ink so it looks better in person. Thanks to the person who knew I couldn't afford the painting and got this for me instead :P

And Occam:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/foru...pic.php?t=8405

-Matt

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Well, that would be banking, but I wouldn't recommend it. The pay and bonuses are alright but it's just not a good industry to be in right now.

@matt:

Yeah someone else directed me there. Doesn't really have anything I don't know, though. There are 6 to 8 sets of these around and some were given to the actors. I know of two other sets out there so the scope to pick these up for a collection is very small right now.

One day i'll post scans of a foil exodus sotf set, a textless duress set, hopefully a textless cradle set together with the cot set that most people have seen.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

With how things are looking, I should have some more goodies to post this weekend. Cross your fingers for me ;)

Thread Information