Page 55 of 956 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

28 foil crystalline slivers. Yes they are for sale too.

Jul 2007
    Enfield, CT

Somebody alert Pinder STAT
    Still looking for FBB Lightning Bolts. German or Korean is preferred. PM me if you have them

Quote Originally Posted by Slay View Post
    Drunk texting is ballin'. Anyone can slur into a phone, but it takes a real man to fumble over tiny buttons to make a semi-coherent message and send it to someone.
    -Slay

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

Nice :) To bad the market price for foil crystallines these days are not so high anymore.

Some test prints I have.

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

How and where do you get those?
    This is my Signature

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

I still can't believe how fugly those things are o.O
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Poesjuh View Post
    Nice :) To bad the market price for foil crystallines these days are not so high anymore.
    Really? What price is that? I can only find them at 15 a pop, which seems plenty expensive for a non-staple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    Really? What price is that? I can only find them at 15 a pop, which seems plenty expensive for a non-staple.
    If you compare it to at what cost that came at the market, 15 is a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by bruno_tiete View Post
    Just so we get this straight: Portuguese cards have stupid names. They are not "brazilian portuguese names". We brazilians also hate them. Apparently, Wizards of the Coast has never been able to get a decent translation team to Portuguese. Not only card names use words no one knows, but also they use ways of saying things that dont really work.

One strong example for this is Voidslime. Had it been Void Slime, we would have a reasonable translation, but it was decided to keep the single name word, so they just stuck things together in a word that sounds so ridiculous it became a running joke in Brazil.

Then there is a lot of blatant mistakes. Kill Switch, as far as I know, is not a Deadly Button or anything along that lines. Miren is not a Moaning State of Wellbeing. It even has a fricking fountain in the ilustration.

In short, portuguese cards have weird texts and mainly names, which happen to please neither Brazilians nor Portugueses.
    Just for the record WotC never tried to use Portuguese-Brazilian translators for the cards. Even when it had a full translation team for each language (I should know, I worked in the Portuguese-Brazilian one). They only used the team for documents (judge's test, FAQs, etc).

IIRC what they FINALLY decided to do to cut back on the idiotic mistakes was have a L3 judge review the translation. They gave the job to a Brazilian judge (obviously, much bigger market) called Svaldi. Great guy, great judge, I'm sure he did - and is doing - a great job. I'm also sure he would only touch card texts.

He probably won't fix card names, flavor texts, etc. From what I heard giving him the job was a good idea. On the first set he worked they had changed translation companies and the card texts were all messed up. Even old stuff like "first strike" or something has the remainder text totally wrong.

I don't know who does the card names, or the flavor texts. What I DO know is that it's a VERY tough job. I did it for another card game and I call tell you it's very, very hard.

Try this for size: translating the amazing card name "No Rest For The Wicked". Now check out how each language did it: http://magiccards.info/10e/165.html

As for Voidslime... you might want to check out the Italian and Spanish version. And remember the translator has to follow rules for each set and card.

As for what turns into a running joke... I spent ten years hearing Portuguese players joke about "card" and "deck" not being translated in Portuguese-Brazilian. Well, it turns out it's because Brazilian law doesn't find it kosher.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Somebody alert Pinder STAT
    Consider me alerted. Magik, what do you want?
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Bryant Cook

I want 4 of those Cities.

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by The Rack View Post
    How and where do you get those?
    This is my Signature

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I want 4 of those Cities.
    It's to bad there not tournament legal, they have white backs.
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

Member-ish
    Feb 2006
    Manila

Why do all the test prints have Judgment symbols on them? And how much is the fair price of Foil Crystallines? They're selling really low here.
    The Source: Your Source for "The Source: Your Source for..." cliche.

I sold off all 28 Foil Slivers already at $15 each. I might be able to get more. though.

I got the genesis and city of brass test prints via a private deal.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by montanhas18 View Post
    Just for the record WotC never tried to use Portuguese-Brazilian translators for the cards. Even when it had a full translation team for each language (I should know, I worked in the Portuguese-Brazilian one). They only used the team for documents (judge's test, FAQs, etc).

IIRC what they FINALLY decided to do to cut back on the idiotic mistakes was have a L3 judge review the translation. They gave the job to a Brazilian judge (obviously, much bigger market) called Svaldi. Great guy, great judge, I'm sure he did - and is doing - a great job. I'm also sure he would only touch card texts.

He probably won't fix card names, flavor texts, etc. From what I heard giving him the job was a good idea. On the first set he worked they had changed translation companies and the card texts were all messed up. Even old stuff like "first strike" or something has the remainder text totally wrong.

I don't know who does the card names, or the flavor texts. What I DO know is that it's a VERY tough job. I did it for another card game and I call tell you it's very, very hard.

Try this for size: translating the amazing card name "No Rest For The Wicked". Now check out how each language did it: http://magiccards.info/10e/165.html

As for Voidslime... you might want to check out the Italian and Spanish version. And remember the translator has to follow rules for each set and card.

As for what turns into a running joke... I spent ten years hearing Portuguese players joke about "card" and "deck" not being translated in Portuguese-Brazilian. Well, it turns out it's because Brazilian law doesn't find it kosher.
    No offense, but how do I get your former job?

Voce tem MSN? Queria te perguntar uns bagulhos, relacionados a erros de traducao no passado :p

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    No offense, but how do I get your former job?

Voce tem MSN? Queria te perguntar uns bagulhos, relacionados a erros de traducao no passado :p
    No offense taken, obviously

How I got my job... I started writing for Mindripper, then started doing even coverage for WotC, then started writing for Star City, then started writing for Sideboard, then wrote - for free - for a PT Magic magazine... then the translation chief decided he wanted a PT guy in the PT-BR translation work...

No MSN, sorry. I'm at work most of the day... I'm AMAZED they haven't blocked these foruns as well. I'll try to PM you my home e-mail.

The foiled part of my Spring Tide deck. Cards are for sale. Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Just add some foiled Brainstorms and you're good to go.

Also, if you happen to own a playset of signed Turnabouts, send me a PM.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

I know it has the gross FNM stamp but this one actually looks cool. November's FNM promo (October is Serrated Arrows).
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Fat Kid
    Jun 2006
    Minnesota

A resounding "Meh" on the art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Also, this thread needs more drunk Peter Rotten.
    Team ICBE - We're so good at playing Threshold, we don't even play it.

Team Keg Stand - If only the kegs weren't empty...

Thread Information