Page 577 of 956 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,540 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

If you paid 550$ for that one, you should probably ask an european here before dropping that stupid amount of money for a FBB dual. Please tell me that FBB duals are not that overpriced in USA...

Edit. Yeah probaby that is not the price considering the M for Mint stamped above the price
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Pretty tacky to leave the price on

That is a really bad price even for 'merica. In person with actual duckets at a dealer booth (at Gencon in 3 days) you should get much better pricing.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Linqed View Post
    Pretty tacky to leave the price on
    I much prefer to see the price. I think everyone in this thread should have to add the cost of cards that they post. That would make things much more interesting.
    mtgpimp

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    Picked up my first ever pieces of power today...

<snip blue power>
    Sweet! M0AR power for Eternal Weekend. Everybody get powered up ... !!! Merica take back your power from the euros who bought it ;) !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Sweet! M0AR power for Eternal Weekend. Everybody get powered up ... !!! Merica take back your power from the euros who bought it ;) !!!
    If you give back all the FBB (French, German and Italian) Duals

Quote Originally Posted by Linqed View Post
    If you give back all the FBB (French, German and Italian) Duals
    Well judging by BoM you have all our beta/alpha duals so I think we'll end up hosed ;) Except the Italians who can always re-back more CEs <ducks!>

On a side note, there's only like 1000 of each beta rare printed, right? That's not a whole lot, 250 playsets duals.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

3300 is your number

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    I much prefer to see the price. I think everyone in this thread should have to add the cost of cards that they post. That would make things much more interesting.
    you'd probably get depressed as to see all the great deals people got. I got so many of my cards long ago before they blew up in value. 9 show and tells for $1 each. duals at $10. mint set of revised at $50. No one wants to hear you brag. Take the prices off. If you paid to much you'll just get trolled.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    you'd probably get depressed as to see all the great deals people got. I got so many of my cards long ago before they blew up in value. 9 show and tells for $1 each. duals at $10. mint set of revised at $50. No one wants to hear you brag. Take the prices off. If you paid to much you'll just get trolled.
    Yep.

Yesterday I said something similar to my wife. I told her how a friend of mine was shaking his head back in 1999 saying "instead of your stupid cards you could have already bought a lumping PC as all of us did." Shame, I listened to those advices for years and spent a decade with all the PC-tuning idiocy so that I could send my emails 3.2897% faster. I should have rather collect cards.

fair enough, I did not pay $ for it, I traded a bunch of zendikar foil lands and other cards from Modern Masters/M14 for it to my LGS.
    I didn't keep the price sticker on it to brag, believe me... even though we're in a bragging thread

I've been lurking for a bit so I tought I'd finally share. Right now I mostly have KRN and JAP cards, I would like to get into RUS as well so if anybody can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAddictions View Post
    I've been lurking for a bit so I tought I'd finally share. Right now I mostly have KRN and JAP cards, I would like to get into RUS as well so if anybody can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

sick. how much?

I got them months ago but I would rather not share that information lol

Classy guy, I approve. Nice Korean foils bro!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

am I the only person that foreign cards bother? I just cant stand them... am I alone in this?

let me rephrase... I dont like foreign cards because i don't think the text looks good. They create problems in tournaments when trying to refer to text. Even though you know your cards your opponent doesnt. and I guess i dont appreciate their scarcity...
    Last edited by apple713; 08-11-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Jul 2007
    The Frozen North

am I the only person that foreign cards bother? I just cant stand them... am I alone in this?
    Nope...
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Looking through my collection of unfinished decks that were meant to be fully-asian, fully-BB, I'm starting to think that a fully-ENG, fully-WB is the new way to pimp...

Shame that I already spent some money on oriental stuff. If I can't make a totally foreign Legacy deck - I mean completely JPN/KOR/CHI, because adding GER/ITA* is not exactly the same as making it solely of the three asian languages -, then it loses bit of its pimpness. For me, of course; your opinions might differ.

Btw, I really like asian cards. And I really don't care if snobs/haters (note: this ain't directed at you!) say that I'm a wannabe.
    First: fonts look nice. I don't need to understand the language and I may still appreciate the beauty of the font in the same way as I don't need to understand Chinese/Korean/Japanese and still like their art/countryside/anything.
    Second: In fact I like that I can't read the cards. Every time I see Willenskraft that's an Unterbrechungszauber (or any other old card with completely sick wording, discontinued card type, messed up text, rulings that don't work anymore, etc.), I wish that I rather can't read that card.

Playing with JPN/KOR/CHI is like having all your cards updated to most recent errata, with the added bonus that the fonts are (mostly) beautiful. (Yes, some of the T-Chinese - amirite? - cards use a font that's ugly, but well, mostly they're nice.)

*) I wanted to build an old-school Crusade.dec cca 1995/6 (without Strip Mines - too powerful - and also without Factories/Lions - not enough knightly) and use Ebene, Icatian Javelineers, Clero della Sacra Aureola, Weißer Ritter, Orden del Escudo Blanco, Order of Leitbur, Moorish Cavalry, Retour au Pays, Désenchantement, Reprisal, Exílio, Kreuzzug and Serrated Arrows to cover all the great nations of Middle Ages. Sadly, I realized that it'll be just a waste of money, but I still like the idea...

edit: Nice pimp languages would be Turkish, Hungarian, Finnish, Vietnamese and Thai.
    Last edited by Bed Decks Palyer; 10-06-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Bother is a strong word. There's an ignore feature which you should look into also if you are truly bothered.

Thread Information