Page 584 of 956 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Explorer
    Jan 2009
    The Netherlands

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

I agree. Who needs foils when we have beauties like this :)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    I spent a lot of time to get this done but finally I can post a picture of it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do:

Beautiful. :)

How often do you actually need 8 wraths!

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Went on a trip on Saturday with the kids found a card shop having a buy one get one sale. Had a couple Beta Scrublands not in the best condition some whiting around the edges and back but they was $249 each so I got a playset for $500 :0 Picked up a bunch of other stuff at the same time like a beta Sol ring Demonic Tutor etc.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsey View Post
    I just wanted a general consensus. What would be more Pimp non foil deck with beta duals, or a foil deck with fbb duals ?

I've been thinking about turning my fbb to beta, but unsure if I can swing both foil and beta.
    Pimp is up to you but beta duals = Stronger than All (at least in Legacy). You'll never be able to foil out your (non-mono) Legacy decks anyway so what's the point?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    IMHO, it's the best looking card printed. The colors, the bolt text, the old frames, the art itself. As a package it's probably my favorite looking card. Top three are an A/B Demonic Tutor, Portal Pyroclasm and A/B Dark Ritual. Close fourth would be A/B REB. I have simple taste
    together with a/b lightning bolt, I couldn't agree more. (a/b stuff)

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    IMHO, it's the best looking card printed. The colors, the bolt text, the old frames, the art itself. As a package it's probably my favorite looking card. Top three are an A/B Demonic Tutor, Portal Pyroclasm and A/B Dark Ritual. Close fourth would be A/B REB. I have simple taste
    Portal Pyroclasm:

"Oh my god let's dig into the fucking ground since it's so shitty up here! AHHHH!"

Great card, great art. Too bad it's not available with that art in Russian :/

-Matt

On the battlefield, nothing looks better than black bordered power. As for actual Magic (tm) art it's Juzam and everything else just fights for second place.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

greenshot

Extra Alphas.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    On the battlefield, nothing looks better than black bordered power. As for actual Magic (tm) art it's Juzam and everything else just fights for second place.
    +1

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    Went on a trip on Saturday with the kids found a card shop having a buy one get one sale. Had a couple Beta Scrublands not in the best condition some whiting around the edges and back but they was $249 each so I got a playset for $500 :0 Picked up a bunch of other stuff at the same time like a beta Sol ring Demonic Tutor etc.
    I don't think we can be friends after reading this :P
    Why can't I find deals on beta duals...
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

it was at a place that primarily deals in used video games and music, some comics and collectible toys (mostly gi joes and transformers) They do some magic singles. They guy had said he just got a large collection in and I asked to finger-bang the collection. It was being in the exact right spot at the right time. but youc an tell all the alpha and beta was played with without sleeves for a while. Kinda made me sad but excited to actually find cool stuff.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic View Post
    it was at a place that primarily deals in used video games and music, some comics and collectible toys (mostly gi joes and transformers) They do some magic singles. They guy had said he just got a large collection in and I asked to finger-bang the collection. It was being in the exact right spot at the right time. but you can tell all the alpha and beta was played with without sleeves for a while. Kinda made me sad but excited to actually find cool stuff.

I recently picked up 2 collections. while not beta duals, I'm still making profit to get to the beta duals, so I shouldn't complain TOO much. :)

also got a little bored today.

I didn't have any snips at home, so I tried to use pliers... didn't work. Took them into the weight room and a 10 pound plate helped seal the deal. Don't know if I want to crack the other yet.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd09 View Post
    I recently picked up 2 collections. while not beta duals, I'm still making profit to get to the beta duals, so I shouldn't complain TOO much. :)

I didn't have any snips at home, so I tried to use pliers... didn't work. Took them into the weight room and a 10 pound plate helped seal the deal. Don't know if I want to crack the other yet.
    I don't know if this is helpful in the cracking cases department, but the few I've done I've used the short blade on a Swiss Army Knife (not the crappy keychain ones, but a real Swiss army knife, the one with the large and small blades). The blade is thin and sharp enough to fit between the two pieces at the top (where the info label is) then I just slid it in and twisted and the case cracked open. I would recommend being careful if you do this as you are dealing with a sharp knife, and more importantly, keep the knife away from the card. A cut will heal, but you can't fix an alpha/beta that you cut with your knife. One must have priorities. :)

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd09 View Post

I cracked this pearl and it was the scariest thing I've ever done! Didn't want to flush $400 down the drain.

I've been terrified of cracking cases ever since I saw a ripped Alpha Demonic Tutor up on eBay (former 9.5 iirc)

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Alpha Trop next to the Beta for comparison:

36 down, 4 to go.

-Matt

Who the fuck is sending 5-6.5 UL power off to get sealed up? What a waste of good playable magic cards.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Who the fuck is sending 5-6.5 UL power off to get sealed up? What a waste of good playable magic cards.
    I'm not complaining; I was able to snag that for $400 in trade credit, which seemed solid to me. It has since been released from its prison.

Nothing crazy, but pretty significant for me. 8 down, 1 to go. Big deal for this little fish.

No man, power up! They look great ... I was just lamenting captured power that could be used to produce mana.

I'm a sucker for any alpha/beta cards. They all look beautiful assuming the face is good (who cares about that back anyways when it's in an opaque sleeve I'm never taking it out of....) I have a playset of alpha lightning bolts just because I can, I haven't actually played them since I got the set completed. Probably should but on the other side I could just play that other 3 for 1 that I own a playset of in beta...

When I saw that card I thought "pyroclasm with an art I've never seen before I'm guessing?" Looked it up and just thought of how cool it looked. Pretty incredible art. Should pick some of those up if I get the chance.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Phelix View Post
    Extra Alphas.
    Alpha cards make me

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Alpha Trop next to the Beta for comparison:

36 down, 4 to go.

-Matt
    Here's an actual Alpha Trop to compare them to:

Thread Information