Page 626 of 956 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,520 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    I actually top 4'ed and by some miracle won money with this deck going 3-1-1. It's fucking awesome. I ended up chucking the 3 Slaughter Pacts for 3 Iona's since there were multiple mouth breathers running Omnitell. I also ditched 2 Shield Spheres for the 4th Cradle and a second Beck // Call. The BTE really should just be Wild Cantor #2 given certain puzzles I found myself in I never needed BTE but often a second Cantor would have helped me chain further. It's also a fine play off Tropical if you sniff no wastelands.

Presenting Team Tusk Hydraball
    Looks like a fun deck.

I know I'm late to this party, but I had a spontaneous purchase and wanted to be in that Wald group

I'll post something better later today or tomorrow.

the lands hint at what I'll be posting.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Site Contributor

May 2013
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Cutting Cradle down to 3 baffles me, what's the reason behind this choice? I can see your decision to decrease Beck/Call because 2 mana can be rough. Burning Tree Emissary has never been really useful as well, in fact, the red mana hinders you more often.
    If you read the words above the pretty pictures you would see that he said he had added the 4th Cradle and second Beck over 2 Shield Spheres pictured. But I can't blame you for ignoring the boring text when such pretty pictures were there distracting you.

On a related note, watching him go off ~turn 2 wednesday in top 8 was hilarious. Both Hoof and Hydra were on the bottom of the 7 cards left in the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Haven't you heard? The default color for cards being designed is blue. They have to remember to change the color when finishing the card.

That's an astonishing piece of reasoning you found there mate...

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by razvan View Post
    Like we discussed, there is no such thing as fair.

Matt, I see your bet, and raise you this: :P

I need a lotus like this that I'm not afraid of playing. Were you able to trade for this or did u have to buy it?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

I actually top 4'ed and by some miracle won money with this deck going 3-1-1. It's fucking awesome. I ended up chucking the 3 Slaughter Pacts for 3 Iona's since there were multiple mouth breathers running Omnitell. I also ditched 2 Shield Spheres for the 4th Cradle and a second Beck // Call. The BTE really should just be Wild Cantor #2 given certain puzzles I found myself in I never needed BTE but often a second Cantor would have helped me chain further. It's also a fine play off Tropical if you sniff no wastelands.

Spicy list, though I would have called it honey nut cheerios or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    How safe is this to bid on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321266553251...84.m1423.l2649

Being russian, the fact that there is no sending back items sent to adresses outside of US and all that. The seller did not answer to my message either. Would you bid?
    I'm willing to bet this guy is a scammer, all of his pictures were taken from other ended ebay auctions.

Dec 2011
    Spain

One maybe stupid question, isn't Memnite just better than Ornithopters or even Kobolds?

Site Contributor

May 2013
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by BVB09 View Post
    One maybe stupid question, isn't Memnite just better than Ornithopters or even Kobolds?
    Memnite only comes in new border. Sweet old border foreign brown things look better than Memnite does. And since you are never going to attack with them except for after a 'hoof, there's no reason for that point of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Haven't you heard? The default color for cards being designed is blue. They have to remember to change the color when finishing the card.

Jun 2012
    Worcester

How about foil red deck wins (missing 4 fetches)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BVB09 View Post
    Not necessarily better than Thopters, but yes better than Kobolds for functional value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Feb 2011
    São Paulo, Brazil

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

GP Dallas wasen't a total waste. My EDH deck shit on me. But just as i was leaving on sunday i glanced over at a table and someone had these...

Yeah yeah I know they are just plateau's but they are MY plateau's now :)

1 i'll get graded cause i don't wanna play with it. It's probably a 9-9.5 (TOP LEFT)
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by guifig View Post
    100% real, as it's Brian Nocenti's. :)

Jun 2012
    Worcester

Re: Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by The Rack View Post
    Don't you know that decks with foils and signed stuff plays better? I thought that was a rule of Magic...
    foreign cards, win games
    FACT

Site Contributor
    Jan 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Decided to snap a pic of my semi Miracles, I just wanted to show off my new source mat :)
    the last foils are all super expensive so the rest of the deck will be completed at a glacial slow pace I am afraid till after my wedding.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

decks looking great! I'm in the same boat with team america.. foil goyfs are happening last :/
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

Feet + Revised Duals are pretty unpimp by any standards.

So on the way back from Atomic Empire we stopped in the pitch black, rainy night to a warehouse / card store / giant cavern of shit in the middle of puddlefuck South Carolina and we met him:

I rummaged through his ferrin' stuff which had 4 inches of dust on it and found this:

Nothing insane but more than you expect from a desolate exit on I-85.

Also Team Tusk 4C Rough Justice

#tuskup

Quote Originally Posted by Myelectronicdays View Post
    decks looking great! I'm in the same boat with team america.. foil goyfs are happening last :/
    I just finished mine up. I'll post soon.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully it will inspire me to push through and finish mine up
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

That is a mighty cool lookin' Fiery Justice deck, and a SUPER sweet play mat.

Thread Information