Page 63 of 956 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Dec 2003
    Dallas Tx, but originally from San Francisco

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Adan View Post
    What? According to my knowledge, heat and moisture indeed have an effect on the curl as the foil-layer reacts to heat by expanding (well, nearly every solid matter does). But when it cools down, it shrinks which will intensify the mentioned curl effect.

Same is true for the moisture which slowly softens the cardboard. It will then deform irreversibly, thus you have a card which is curved forever.

Well, my UGW Threshold is still the same, except that my jap Coldsnap Brainstorms got watered down to jap Mercadian Masques and I now have fbb duals. I will post a pic tomorrow since I don't have time for it now. And this thread srsly needs more pictures instead of talking about crap decks.

I know what you're saying, but from my experience, I have left my cards in the car for days at a time @ 100+ degree heat, and my foils are still perfectly flat.

I would love to post more pics, but there aren't any legacy decks that are doing anything for me right now, so I haven't been inspired to build anything new. I've got my T2 Reveillark deck completely foiled and my T2 5C Merfolk completely foiled though. I'm about 5-6 cards off of foiling Tezzerator in Extended.

CREATURES ARE FUN!

Jan 2008

Longcat is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

One of my friend's pics. It's like a 10k question mark.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Shit, that's a lot more than 10k.

After an excellent evening putting cats into freezers...

...I've decided to take pictures of my extremely excellent EDH deck (although it isn't fully pimp-ified, 'cause Germans are lazy)(I know, right?).

Anyway, I can't get a picture without ridiculous amounts of glare.

Like, attrocious amounts. Can anybody give me some help on how to not suck at cameras?
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Like, attrocious amounts. Can anybody give me some help on how to not suck at cameras?
    Turn off the flash, turn on Macro mode. (the symbol is usually a little flower)

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Needs more pictures...

Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

@ Adan : Looks Great but you need jap. Nimble, jap. Tarmos, jap. Genesis and jap. Wonder

Nov 2006
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands

Looks awesome. How much did you pay for Asian Fetchland? Also, is that Island asian?
    "Part of me belives that Barrin taught me meditation simply to shut me up."

-Ertai, wizard adept

http://solidarityprimer.proboards85.com/index.cgi

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
    Looks awesome. How much did you pay for Asian Fetchland? Also, is that Island asian?
    I don't remember. I think I payed 30 Euro for the Delta-upgrade and 20 for the upgrade of the Strands.

And that Island is Alpha. I have P3K Islands (white-boardered, 1 S-chin, 2 T-chin, 1 jap) and some foil Odyssey Islands (t-chinese), but I foudn the Alpha Island prettier.

@linux:

probably, but there are still a lot of people who are too stupid to distinguish between japanese and chinese, that's why I don't care about the mix as long as the playsets are uniform.

I also don't see why I should down-grade the Mongeese to japanese, especially because I stood 1 hour in the queue to let them sign by Terese Nielsen. And well, I payed 8 Dollar for that playset of Goyfs. It would be ridiculous if the upgrade would cost me more than I payed for the playset itself. ;-)
    Team SPOD

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    After an excellent evening putting cats into freezers...
    ...I've decided to take pictures of my extremely excellent EDH deck (although it isn't fully pimp-ified, 'cause Germans are lazy)(I know, right?).

Anyway, I can't get a picture without ridiculous amounts of glare.

Scan them, makes the deck look better.
    Last edited by Bryant Cook; 11-08-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adan View Post
    probably, but there are still a lot of people who are too stupid to distinguish between japanese and chinese, that's why I don't care about the mix as long as the playsets are uniform.
    Wow, if people stop being stupid and start thinking that may cost you a lot of money.

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Sea R Hill View Post
    Wow, if people stop being stupid and start thinking that may cost you a lot of money.
    Mankind will never cease to be stupid...
    Team SPOD

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

I know, not legacy, but just have to show it ^^

It's still not really complete, but I've got the remaining cards incoming. (That is, if I still recieve them, it's been 1,5 week now and for domestic in Holland that's a long time). The two cards I still need are Foil Delta and Foil Wasteland, that's it. I know, the Foil Mire is asian, but that's going to be traded for an english one after this weekend.

So, here goes :) Because I can only post 11 pictures and Teneb, my general would be the 12th, I'll leave that away, already posted it in the altered art thread.

I know, I scanned al my basics... I did that because they're Saga promo's, and cool ^^

As said, Mire is going to be english, and I hope that I'll recieve my foil Delta.

So that's it. I cost me to much money at the end, but it's really cool though, can't wait to finally play with it :S :P

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Don't forget, Ambition's Cost was in 8th, it comes in foil :D
    Also, super pimp EDH! Great work :) (except the duals of course )
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

I play Ambition's Cost from P3K on purpose, I'm still not a big fan of the new layout. So I'd rather play a white boardered P3K card than a BB new layout foil. Also, to me P3K is pimp, somehow it's just cool, that's why I play Overwhelming Forces over Decree of Pain.

Concerning duals, as you can see I don't play foreign languages (for me english is foreign already :P), never really liked it. So FBB duals are no go, and beta duals are way to expensive, that's just not worth it to me.

Just kills me that I still don't have the remaining two cards though :S Really hope that the dude didn't just accepted my money and never sent, was a 175 euro deal...

Edit: I really got to get a normal foil Witness to, don't like this DCI one.

Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Man I am with you on that, Old Frame > New Frame.
    But I'm a big fan of foreign cards. :D
    I'd get some tape and black-border that Ambition's Cost.

Although I like foreign cards, Beta Duals > ALL CARDS
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

i dunno what's the obsession with japanese/chinese version of cards but for me english foil is much better. if i ever encountered a player using asian version i will tell him to show me an english version or else i'll call a judge.

Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Radley View Post
    i dunno what's the obsession with japanese/chinese version of cards but for me english foil is much better. if i ever encountered a player using asian version i will tell him to show me an english version or else i'll call a judge.
    You can do that if you want, but the judge will just tell you it's allowed.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Radley View Post
    if i ever encountered a player using asian version i will tell him to show me an english version or else i'll call a judge.
    Call the judge, then. Does it matter to the other player? Who knows if you will get a warning for being an ass and calling a judge over a card you probably know and couldn't care less about its exact wording?
    Keep moon-walking.

Thread Information