Page 71 of 956 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    Italian Tabernacle in the middle of all that ruins it all. It's not even English!
    Haha, tell me about it! The english ones are ridiculous right now! When i get an english one i'll post it up to redeem myself.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Huh. I thought it was the 6 beat up Jrednots and the ugly-ass Stifle that ruined it for me.

Bryant Cook

This thread needs less English foils. English =/= pimp.

Buys bulk haterade
    Jul 2008

Some lands from my 4c landstill. I'm still waiting on a foil vedalken shackles and foil loam and I'll post the whole thing. Sorry about the crappy picture quality.

They're
    3x tropical island german
    3x underground sea (2 italian[1signed], 1 french signed)
    4x mishra's factory 4 seasons
    4x tundra (3 french, 1 german)

pussy head man from outer space
    Mar 2006

???

Dr. Ocatagonapus
    Jul 2007
    Fort Edward, NY

Quote Originally Posted by murderface View Post
    Haha, tell me about it! The english ones are ridiculous right now! When i get an english one i'll post it up to redeem myself.
    If anyone is interested, I have an english Tabernacle that is in great condition.

-Chris-

Buys bulk haterade
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

???

Haha. Close, but it's the ol' computer cam actually. I say fuck it, they look like beta in those pics.

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

Quote Originally Posted by 3duece View Post
    Haha. Close, but it's the ol' computer cam actually. I say fuck it, they look like beta in those pics.
    lol nah, borders are too thin and the colors are too warm to look beta
    But that is pretty damn sweet manabase :D I prefer 4x Winter Factory over all seasons, but still very cool.
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Buys bulk haterade
    Jul 2008

I figured out how to take clearer pictures so I photographed the whole thing. Here goes:
    Tundras and Factories

Trops and Seas

Deltas and Strands (1 delta is french)

Foil german crucible, foil loam, foil arena signed island, foil monastery, chinese monastery

Signed forces and arena counterspells

Jap brainstorms, fact or fictions (2 signed in black, 1 foil signed in silver)

Swords, jap deeds, chinese explosives, foil promo enlightened tutor

The Best of Both Worlds
    Aug 2006

Sorry, but an unoriginal deck, the usual boring "pimp" styles of Asian text, and generic signatures on generic staples all make for a really boring deck.

...It's like when someone who doesn't know what they like in life buys a Rolex and a Ferari, not because they actually value them or even know much about any of the special comprising qualities, but because they think other people and/or their "friendz" will be jealous or impressed.

I doubt Rob Alexander and Terese Nielsen actually have personal interest in "your" deck here.

Buys bulk haterade
    Jul 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
    Sorry, but an unoriginal deck, the usual boring "pimp" styles of Asian text, and generic signatures on generic staples all make for a really boring deck.

...It's like when someone who doesn't know what they like in life buys a Rolex and a Ferari, not because they actually value them or even know much about any of the special comprising qualities, but because they think other people and/or their "friendz" will be jealous or impressed.

I doubt Rob Alexander and Terese Nielsen actually have personal interest in "your" deck here.
    As shitty of a reply as this is, it actually brings up an interesting point. For the most part I've acquired the cards in that deck because I find them pleasing to my eye, not because of what you or 'friendz' may think. You reference me not appreciating special or distinguishing qualities, but I've been playing since revised and have seen lots of 'cool' cards, and through that time I've learned that 'pimping' a deck is a subjective experience in which someone finds what looks best to them while adhering to budget prerequisites.

I like signed cards, plain and simple. I like how they look. I got the fetches signed in person and had to wait four months to get those forces back from Nielsen because that's what I like. I have the original arena counterspells instead of foils or beta because that's what I like. However, my duals are foreign instead of beta because I cannot currently afford a manabase of many thousands of dollars.

It's just interesting that from your point of view I have somehow failed at what I set out to do. How shall I make my deck more unique? Should I find all artist proofs and not be able to play in sanctioned tournaments? For such a high and mighty post it is glaringly lacking in any subject matter, that is, you didn't actually say anything. Instead you attempted to assert some kind of dominance over the internet, which is a sad undertaking in and of itself.

Anway, this is a small sample of my stuff. I know it isn't the coolest but I think its pretty cool. If you don't like it you didn't have to post anything. Why don't you troll somewhere else?

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Jealous? Are you seriously putting someone down because you think they are "conforming" or something. Wow dude, just wow.

Confound these ponies, they drive me to Brony.
    Nov 2007
    Rittman, OH

I was gonna sling a reply Isamaru's way as well, but I figured everyone else would be saying the same thing anyhow XD
    Men yet not comprehending their stick in the scheme of the prey-on-prey ballet of ending day
    My eBay Auctions (art alterations! I FIXED THE LINK) - http://shop.ebay.com/yawg07/m.html

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

I hate to say this, but I disagree with everything said here.

3Deuce's opinion of what constitutes nice cards in 3Deuce's post on a thread that asks for nice cards > your opinion on what a nice card is. Just live and let live.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Team Giancoli
    Sep 2007
    NOVA

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding value. Is there a reason why signed cards tend to go for the same as their unsigned counterparts? I just picked up 4x Signed Heaths for 60 and a friend of mine bought 3x Signed Forces (by Nielson) for 60. I feel as if they should by worth at least 25% more. Are they that common?

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

@3deuce: I'm glad someone appreciates the Arena Counterspell. They are by far my favorite picture. Keep the English pimp alive!
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Guevera59 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding value. Is there a reason why signed cards tend to go for the same as their unsigned counterparts? I just picked up 4x Signed Heaths for 60 and a friend of mine bought 3x Signed Forces (by Nielson) for 60. I feel as if they should by worth at least 25% more. Are they that common?
    Personally I think signed cards are uglier. Altered or extended art is sweet, but some random ugly squiggles just aren't appealing to me.

pussy head man from outer space
    Mar 2006

I've never seen anyone paying ~25% more for signed cards with a value of >10$ per card.

the normal agio for english signed cards is between 25ct and 1,50$.

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by Guevera59 View Post
    Well, a large part of the reason would be for some people, the incremental value of signed cards is sentimental. The same applies to altered cards as well, but the latter translates better to general value. Of course, another problem is that a lot of signatures are quite easily forged. Brian Snoddy, Mark Tedin, Mark Poole, Christopher Rush etc all have pretty easy signatures. I once dealt with a summer tundra that had a forged signature, and examples like this are why I never get high end cards signed. The last major reason is that with artists attending events and being easily contactable, there is a large influx of signed cards in any case.

Of course, there ARE examples of signed high-end cards bringing a large premium. An example (exception rather than norm) is the PSA 10 BB signed lotus, which will go for a large premium if ever sold simply because it shouldn't be possible to get PSA 10.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

I won't pay more for a signature, but I do enjoy foil cards that are signed. For whatever reason they catch my eye even more than a regular foil.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Thread Information