Page 745 of 956 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,900 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

That is the most expensive pizza ever made
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Pays for Flusterstorm
    Nov 2014
    MO, US

Hey everyone, first time posting, and I just finished this a few weeks ago, so its time to start upgrading (getting the mirrodin moxes, judgement therapies, and finish the (gross) lotus petals). Not pictured are my revised duals, FBB is the final goal for this deck tbh.

I do prefer english foil, so hopefully I can off these git probes for a reasonable price someday. The pimp level is low, but I've been working on this with a low budget for about 3 years, so I'm pretty proud of it.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

This is #cousinanthonys Punishing RUG deck for SCG ATL. He has been playing UR Delver varients for a while, with his best finish being 11 @ the last SCG Open with UR Standstill. He is 17.
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

This thread is continuing to deliver, puppy and pizza power and that sexy as hell lands deck. I'm not a foil guy but old border foil ports and wastelands are still sexy!

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    I wonder why people prefer Russian. I also find Japanese or Korean more beautiful. I think it's mainly because of your second point, because it seems more exclusive. Or at least it was in the past. In some sense it's similar to people wanting Summer Magic mainly because it's really rare, not just because it's more beautiful than Alpha or Beta.
    It's definitely novelty. Even in this thread it's usual to see very valuable cards like beta duals and power but it's very unusual to see foil Russian cards from older sets. Some people have never seen a foil Russian SFM or Dark Confidant.
    mtgpimp

If Korean hadn't been discontinued for some time, I'd be more apt to play it over Russian. Russian kind of filled the void for a while. For Vintage though I kind of like Korean. So I have quite a few double sets (SCM, Decay, DRS, Thalia, etc.) of Russian / Korean.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

I like foil Russian Phyrexian robots because their symbol shows up in the script and text box watermark seamlessly. So much flava'. Otherwise I like German artifacts.

The foil Russian stuff from RAV is a pain to find. I was lucky I got that Ghost Quarter. Didin't pounce on some Twest when I saw them, but sprang for the Pfire first chance I got. Don't care to foil the groves when sets are >2k.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Picked this up today.

-Matt

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Awesome. Now all you need is an actual headset, Matt! :P
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Awesome. Now all you need is an actual headset, Matt! :P
    I bought a new one weeks ago!

-Matt

May 2011
    New Zealand

All of this power on things reminds me of Tomoharu Saito's tweet

https://twitter.com/TomoharuSaito/st...98359706918912

I'll just leave this here without embedding the picture.

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

Eat some turkey you scumbags, you all deserve it.

From Matt and Myself.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

From Matt and Myself.

Yes, old photo, but still slight pimp.
    What it takes to be a pimp:
    1. Knowing the right people.
    2. Have the money
    Not one or the other, but both.

The fastest way to become a millionare is to start with a billion dollars, then start collecting magic cards, eh? - dry cereal

Mar 2014
    Moscow

Please can I add? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    Portugeese foils are also rare, yet unwanted thrash... Also demand for premium russian is very small, how many russian foil cards/decks have you seen in real life? I saw 99% in Russian people's binders... their interest is to keep it scarce because then they dictate the price and can't lose money, ever, selling small amount for absurd prices whenever there is someone buying ... is it the same with korean? I don't really know but korean is more available due active korean sellers on ebay imo, russian from Russia are kept locked and sold personally
    True. There are several people playing deck with many foils, but a lot of people are reselling. There is same situation inside. But what is absurd prices for you? You know, it is hard to foil deck when people set prices up to 30$ for crap rares.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Yes exactly. I agree that Russian foil from older sets is very rare and often unavailable on the market. However, Kharns is a different story. There's lots of Russian Kharns being opened and that's why I expect to see price drops on those cards in 2015. The print run on Korean Kharns is smaller than Russian but Russian is still more expensive because 1. people prefer that language 2. people mistakenly think it is rarer.
    Why do you think korean smaller?
    At the moment there are 2 editions of Khans sold to Russia (Edition = 100000 boosters). We calculated like 70 foil deltas per edition. I know about 20-25 sold
    Trick is nobody knows real distribution of foil rares. There are examples when 1 rare was much more rare then others. And one mythic was forgotten to print in foil
    Whatever if Korean was 2 times smaller then Russian, it would be easier to find it, i believe, for some reasons that can't be explained quickly
    ebay become fulled only last time, i am carefully watching it last 3 years to find something for my collection
    BTW people come to ebay cause there you can sell, i tried forums, but nobody needs anything

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    That is the most expensive pizza ever made
    You are completely incompetent in this question, google bitcoins and 5-million pizza

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    It's definitely novelty. Even in this thread it's usual to see very valuable cards like beta duals and power but it's very unusual to see foil Russian cards from older sets. Some people have never seen a foil Russian SFM or Dark Confidant.
    Ahaha confidant is the most top, and there was none of them at the time nonfoil was 2$. I am not able to find regular T2-RAV foils
    Sorry for that, this topic is "hello-guys-i-bought-mox\dual" it is very boring. Nothing interesting in it, as if i am looking through thousand photos of cars.

PS please somebody tell Sdematt to clean mailbox, cant message him for a week

Quote Originally Posted by r3dd09 View Post

From Matt and Myself.

Yes, old photo, but still slight pimp.
    As a fat dude I've always been more interested in the picture that doesn't exist of the dessert that Matt had to buy and stole part of to seal this deal.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

That was the tastiest half slice of pie I've ever had. It tasted like pure value.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    At the moment there are 2 editions of Khans sold to Russia (Edition = 100000 boosters). We calculated like 70 foil deltas per edition. I know about 20-25 sold
    Trick is nobody knows real distribution of foil rares. There are examples when 1 rare was much more rare then others. And one mythic was forgotten to print in foil
    Whatever if Korean was 2 times smaller then Russian, it would be easier to find it, i believe, for some reasons that can't be explained quickly
    ebay become fulled only last time, i am carefully watching it last 3 years to find something for my collection
    BTW people come to ebay cause there you can sell, i tried forums, but nobody needs anything
    Do you mean that the print run for Russian Khans of Tarkir is only 200 000 boosters? That's just 1652.89 copies of each mythic and 3305.79 of each rare (about as rare as Beta!). Or, if there's 1 foil rare per booster box: 45.91 copies of each mythic foil and 91.83 copies of each foil rare.

If that's true, then it's really rare. And Korean, by looking at Ebay, seems to be even rarer.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

This is all based on speculation and bullshit posturing by people who have money to make off if foreign cards.

Anyone who states they know print run numbers is doing one of two things.

1. Blowing smoke up your ass.
    2. Smoking crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    This is all based on speculation and bullshit posturing by people who have money to make off if foreign cards.

Anyone who states they know print run numbers is doing one of two things.

1. Blowing smoke up your ass.
    2. Smoking crack.
    Maybe he has inside information...

Anyway, I was just asking about the relative rarity of the different versions (and which one you find pimper), and so far it seems like maybe Russian Khans isn't rarer than Korean.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    ]

Ahaha confidant is the most top, and there was none of them at the time nonfoil was 2$. I am not able to find regular T2-RAV foils
    Sorry for that, this topic is "hello-guys-i-bought-mox\dual" it is very boring. Nothing interesting in it, as if i am looking through thousand photos of cars.
    Russian cards are printed to cater to Russian reading players and there are far more of them than Korean. The print run is much larger because it's not just Russia but also former Soviet republics like Ukraine that demand Russian language cards. However, the distribution network is much worse than for Korean cards. Cards come to Seoul and if you know a couple of sellers there, you can basically get anything you want so long as you are willing to pay. There's still a lot of weeks of opening Kharns to go and already it's easy to get foil rares like Siege Rhino in the Russian language. I'm not saying that old Russian cards aren't very rare, they are. I am saying that Kharns is a different situation and foil fetches aren't rare like older Russian pimp foils (like thoughtseize from lorwyn). If you want variety in looking at MTG cards, try instagram.
    mtgpimp

Thread Information