Page 751 of 956 FirstFirst ... 251651701741747748749750751752753754755761801851 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,020 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Nov 2014
    Italy

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    It looks really nice, but yes, maybe going for a single language would lead to a better looking result. You already have many of the cards in japanese, but It seems that going that way will be really expensive, as you still lack some of the rare cards (like polluteds, rainforests, infernals and therapies..). It seems that you also like chinese, and if you took this other route, you could downgrade the japanese cards to chinese, and get more chinese cards with the remaining money (but you would lose the led's).
    It's not an easy decision, but the good think is that you're not in a hurry, just play with the cards and wait for good offers!
    P.S.: I always prefer english cards, but I'm ok with people wanting other languages, less demand for my wants :P
    I know that what I'm going to say is extremely unpopular for all magic players, but I do think that chinese and Japanese cards are overrated. I love them, but nowadays everybody seems to have those. To me, portuguese or French cards are more rare to find and have some awesome text to pronounce (which always leads to hilarious mispronunciations). I have a weird sense of humor I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

Language is all in the eye of the beholder but I think people would agree Spanish, French, Port as a whole are the least desirable and most sale prices bear this out. One experience was being in France for BoM and the poor French guys trying to trade French cards and basically nobody in the room wanted them, Spanish dudes, 'mericans, Germans, UK guys etc.. Then you had the Russian guys walking around with their little 4 up binders with russian foils asking the moon and hardly anyone acquiescing. I had no problem trading my chinese cards to german guys for german stuff straight up. English traded at market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    I know that what I'm going to say is extremely unpopular for all magic players, but I do think that chinese and Japanese cards are overrated. I love them, but nowadays everybody seems to have those. To me, portuguese or French cards are more rare to find and have some awesome text to pronounce (which always leads to hilarious mispronunciations). I have a weird sense of humor I know.
    In fact, most of French cards are mistranslated. In France, two cards can have the same name without being the same card. For example : Upheaval & Discombobulate both are translated in "Bouleversement" in French... And it happens many times.
    Believe me, even if now French cards are more expensive than English ones, I still prefer VO!

Asian cards, japanese and korean in particular, were highly sought after because of aesthetics and scarcity back in the day due to far east location being isolated and all. The text on japanese cards were thin (easy to tell them apart a few feet away), unique and being unreadable made them especially appealing. The number of players actually playing japanese cards didn't help the supply either. Korean had a very limited run and the language was discountinued somewhere after the Tempest block that is when the demand skyrocketed, though reintroduced in 2012 are still hard to find outside of ebay.

European languages on the other hand are readable. I don't care if russian scarcity is due to hype or not but, stand a few feet away they look like any regular language. That makes them less appealing to me, aside from they can't match my old-border japanese foils. There are reasons why you see more asian cards nowadays, they are valued more as needleds exemplified. I've seen vintage cards altered to japanese, never in any other language.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    It's really confusing. Why the different languages?
    Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    It looks really nice, but yes, maybe going for a single language would lead to a better looking result. You already have many of the cards in japanese, but It seems that going that way will be really expensive, as you still lack some of the rare cards (like polluteds, rainforests, infernals and therapies..). It seems that you also like chinese, and if you took this other route, you could downgrade the japanese cards to chinese, and get more chinese cards with the remaining money (but you would lose the led's).
    It's not an easy decision, but the good think is that you're not in a hurry, just play with the cards and wait for good offers!
    P.S.: I always prefer english cards, but I'm ok with people wanting other languages, less demand for my wants :P
    A few days ago, I played against a United Nations deck that looked like it included some of every possible language. I actually thought it was really cool. Each turn was a little surprise to see what kind of words would be on the stack, and it looked really interesting on his playmat.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

A deck with a bunch of 4 ofs and every card of a set was a different language would be fun. Almost makes me wanna do it actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

I swear to god, my OCD would turn nuts.

I'm struggling with german miracles w/ english Council's Judgment.

I know that feeling, the only non-english cards in my ANT are 2 chain of vapor, and sometimes I prefer to lose instead of drawing one of those 'Corrente de Vapor'...

Some of it is also about what you started collecting, so if you got the Japanese itch (STD?) and spent time procuring those back in the mirage days you might just want uniformity. Japanese has pretty good reach also, going all the way back to Chronicles / Mirage.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    when you are running a deck with 4 urborgs, you might change your mind. that damage adds up quick.
    Well vintage don't use urborg so I'll be alright :P

Quote Originally Posted by MoxMonkey View Post
    Well vintage don't use urborg so I'll be alright :P
    You've obviously never experienced the glory of helmline shops ...

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Or Two Card Monte (Painter + HelmLine + Vault Key + Forgemaster to find them all). That deck needs Urborg just to tap Workshop for activation mana. Personally, I like using Chromatic Lantern, since it's castable from Workshop to begin with and accelerates you and casts Welder.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Not as many as I wanted to, but yeah. If you're in the market to move, let me know since I'm finishing pimping some decks.

-Matt
    There was actually a guy on Craigslist in Seattle selling an island and a forest(?), was looking at buying them if the price was right, he was looking for $400 on the island from what I remember though...
    Using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Ahhhhh ok! I never look at shop based decks. Not my kind of deck to play so I just skip over them.

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

Seems like a good reason to cut it.
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Recieved these two from kidicarus, keep playing WB cards in my ANT, haha!
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Not my favourite arts, but still gorgeous pimp. It's like the completely chrome Fisker Karma that roams about town. Totally unnecessary, but nice nonetheless.

-Matt

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Random pickups today:

I haven't resolved a good Channel in sometime. What a fisting that card is.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

I haven't resolved a good Channel in sometime. What a fisting that card is.
    I haven't either. But I needed it for my collection of B/R List cards.

Thread Information