Page 759 of 956 FirstFirst ... 259659709749755756757758759760761762763769809859 ... LastLast
Results 15,161 to 15,180 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Please!!
    Yep. Lou signed 20/20.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Yep. Lou signed 20/20.

That's very awesome! The signature didn't look like "Lou Ferrigno" and I hadn't seen his sig before so I wasn't sure.

Picked up some real estate at the Seattle Open a couple weeks back from the "heavily played" case.

The Bazaars will likely be used for Minus Six.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    I'm a sysadmin. I live alone and don't have many other hobbies. The worst part is I'm underpaid for my industry, by a lot, but the job is pretty easy and the workplace is ace.
    I started a long time ago. Also, pimp for me is Portuguese, so while impossibly hard to acquire, it's cheap.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by PhyrexianPossum View Post
    how do you guys afford your pimp habit? are y'all lawyers?
    Had to sell my pimp collection to pay for school. A year later I received stipends/scolarships for "housing", so I used that for specing during the summer and winter buying seasons. Next step, profit.

I do plan on unloading my collection before doing more schooling, but will hold onto my Legacy deck.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Whippoorwill View Post
    Picked up some real estate at the Seattle Open a couple weeks back from the "heavily played" case.

Those are hot. Such a good price! I bought some Bazaars during SCG's nonbasic sale (at a much worse price), I'll show off as soon as I get back in town.

Also about how to afford pimping: software. Also being single. My dad encouraged me this Christmas to invest in magic instead of real estate so this might be a pretty pimp year for me.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

That's very awesome! The signature didn't look like "Lou Ferrigno" and I hadn't seen his sig before so I wasn't sure.

*pics*

Congrats on that. They look great for "HP" and especially for the price!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    My dad encouraged me this Christmas to invest in magic instead of real estate so this might be a pretty pimp year for me.
    I was chatting with some friends who work in commercial real properties and I told them its probably better to have invested in Power 9 over the last 30 months. One of them was my loan officer for my condo so he saw the receipts for when I sold Unl power, then I told him today's price and he nearly shit a brick.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Took about a year to get them this way. Wife got tired of them hanging in our window :/

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    UR Delver man forcing you to play it out then asking for the ID after he got his dick smashed seems scummy.

Thats really cool. Might do the same. Foils?

Quote Originally Posted by Klazam View Post
    Thats really cool. Might do the same. Foils?
    No these are regular, working on Dazes next
    UR Delver man forcing you to play it out then asking for the ID after he got his dick smashed seems scummy.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

also, does anyone know if you can white-border foils like you can with normal cards? foil white-bordered burn is my dream <3
    Started playing in '95, never sold anything (except most of my Power in grad school). I started out as an engineer, then moved into a related, higher value-added sector.

Just tape em up to window, thats it?

Nov 2011
    Krems an der Donau, Austria

In cold cloudy Austria in takes three Years to have a complete B/W Card.

Amazing prices. I always said that if I found Bazaars at a decent price I would pick them up just to be able to play Vintage.

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011
    Switzerland - Mountains, Chocolate and cheese not Volvo...

Got this today...Improving my signed Alpha set...

Signed card collector

Current signed cards count (18.04.15):
    Diff. signed cards: 16'088
    Artist alters: 753
    Beta Project: 1866/2853
    Grand Total signed cards: 39'584

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Alpha/Beta/UNL/RV/AN/AQ/LG/DK/FE/HL/IA/AL/ST/LO/MO: 100% signed
    All my signed sets on one page
    Some of my incomplete signed sets on one page
    Me@WOTC

Quote Originally Posted by Afro View Post
    These were signed this past weekend in Seattle area. The signing involved ~2 years of communication with all parties involved. About ~10 people had cards signed by him at a fee per card. This batch will probably be the last cards signed by him for the foreseeable future if not forever.
    Sad to hear. Seeing the rise of fakes on the signed faceanus group and fakes on eBay artists not wanting (for justified reasons) to sign for a fee is only going to flood the market with more fakes. Maybe they are all independently wealthy, or monks but calmly sipping coffee and signing a hundred or so cards for $5~ a pop seems like a relaxing quick way to make $500 tax free.

I'm a bounty hunter.

Just some Korean stuff I have been slowly acquiring over the past few years.

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Sad to hear. Seeing the rise of fakes on the signed faceanus group and fakes on eBay artists not wanting (for justified reasons) to sign for a fee is only going to flood the market with more fakes. Maybe they are all independently wealthy, or monks but calmly sipping coffee and signing a hundred or so cards for $5~ a pop seems like a relaxing quick way to make $500 tax free.
    I am not sure I agree with you 100%...I don't think there are many signature fakes out there. There is not enough money to be made and the signed cards market it to narrow. There is much more money to be made by faking Betas/Alphas or the hot Modern stuff.

Don't get me wrong...There are fakes out there. I saw quite a number fake signed Wastelands but it's far from getting out of hand.

About the artists: I can understand artists like John Avon who charge for signing cards. It's the amount of people asking them to sign that overwhelms them. And most of them have reasonable prices (Avon charges €1/card the last time I checked).
    Signed card collector

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Me@WOTC

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Markers View Post
    I am not sure I agree with you 100%...I don't think there are many signature fakes out there. There is not enough money to be made and the signed cards market it to narrow. There is much more money to be made by faking Betas/Alphas or the hot Modern stuff.

Don't get me wrong...There are fakes out there. I saw quite a number fake signed Wastelands but it's far from getting out of hand.
    I'd imagine that the people faking hot cards and the people faking signatures are completely different groups. Printing your own cards is high capital expenditure. Faking signatures is buy cards > buy sharpie > sell "signed" cards. For the most part, there's lots of pictures of artists' signatures, so it's pretty easy to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Markers View Post
    About the artists: I can understand artists like John Avon who charge for signing cards. It's the amount of people asking them to sign that overwhelms them. And most of them have reasonable prices (Avon charges €1/card the last time I checked).
    Agreed. I don't mind paying per card. I'd be tipping otherwise.

When Dan Scott signed my Ponders, he was letting anyone who was going to buy something cut in line. I was just a little amazed at how many people were there for free signatures. If nothing else, my time was worth the $10 I spent not waiting in line. Plus, I got a sweet print.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Signed cards collector

Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    I'd imagine that the people faking hot cards and the people faking signatures are completely different groups. Printing your own cards is high capital expenditure. Faking signatures is buy cards > buy sharpie > sell "signed" cards. For the most part, there's lots of pictures of artists' signatures, so it's pretty easy to compare.
    What I meant was: What signature would you want to fake? The "Evergreens" (Frazier, Poole, Tedin, Rush, Nielsen) sign through mail or attend a lot of conventions and there is not much to gain from adding autographs ($-wise). Really rare sigs like "Andi Rusu", "Dermot Power" or "Sam Wood" would sell well (price-wise) but the market for those sigs is extremely narrow. IMHO no 100 people would want signed cards from those guys at HIGH prices. And I doubt that those people would just buy into it without further checking.

BUT there is the problem of the dead artists...Quinton Hoover especially. There I see a problem.
    Signed card collector

Highlights (18.04.15):
    Me@WOTC

Thread Information