Page 77 of 956 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Mar 2007
    RI

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by mossivo1986 View Post
    I prefer that version of stp as opposed to the farmer with a pitchfork. The WOG is also pretty sweet in my personal opinion. I really like the art, so w/e.

I claimed the cop and the plagues sucked in my post, I know. Thanx for the additional input.

The signing thing is a bit of a joke.

The cop green is kind of a joke though. It looks so bad it was hard not to put it in just for random ugly duckling factor.

Overall I think we just share different taste. I'm sorry that your taste and deck design just isn't as good as mine :)
    I don't really see Sea R Hill's post as being out of line. Your deck has a lot of unconventional choices as far as "pimping". And from your rebuttal most of your "un-pimped" selections are as a joke. So w/o knowing that it was a joke how would one come to that assumption.

For instance the 3 Masques 1 IA Brainstorm to me looks horrendous. Or the 3 IA, 1 Coldsnap Swords to Plowshares, or the 1 Promo, 1 Judgement Cunning Wish, or the white boardered core set stuff. It clearly wouldn't fall into the "I like X picture" argument, it would just appear sloppy. And I'm not saying that is sloppy to you, if there is a joke element to that and it pleases you to have unmatching play sets, more power to you, but I can't see getting offended by others saying that a deck running unconventional choices in terms of "pimping" appears to be not pimp.

Quote Originally Posted by 3duece View Post
    If you want to see a badass landstill deck look at mine a few pages back. Also, stop being a prick. Thanks.
    I don't think he was being a prick, he seemed taken aback by a pimp deck that to an uninformed viewer didn't look very pimp.

I did not try to offend anyone here.
    I agree that pimp has to be in accordance with everyone's tastes (for an example, I personally hate asian languages and foils). If your deck looks good to you, then it's pimped. But if you like specific things, you have to go to the end with your theme.
    If you really like white borders (and I think white borders can look very good, especially in white sleeves), why don't you whitened all the borders of your cards?
    If you like foils, why don't you foil every card possible?

And if you like that IA design, you also should own all your StP in the same set and language. It's better for the eyes and also for gameplay. If your opponent sees an IA StP in your hand with sthg like, say, a Thoughtseize, then sees you playing a Coldsnap one, you're giving an edge to your opponent by showing him you have multiples StP in your hand.

Today's Question:

Do you guys know some way to have a REALLY pimped playmat?

I mean, I'm currently thinking of getting one with the Guru Island's illustration... So, is it possible to print on a virgin playmat?

Brony and Proud
    Oct 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA

Quote Originally Posted by sasa_batora View Post
    Boring, very boring...

Oops, wrong thread!! Man, although I am not into folis, I really enjoy the deck! Even more because I am Loam player!!
    Btw, that portuguese Goyf... were you born with three kidneys, or what? How much does it cost?
    Actually, it was only $40USD at GP: Chicago. It's fierce creased at the top from some idiot who owned it before me, and I didn't even realize it was Portuguese until I went to sleeve it later that day for my deck. It and the English are both called "Tarmogoyf".
    Don't Hate the Herd

This is my Landstill deck. The spell base is almost completely foil. I obviously run 4 Force of Will, but they are normal so I did not add them in the picture. I have some cards that are on the way ( I will update the pictures when I get them):

1x Wrath of God (Foil Japanese 7th)
    1x Engineered Explosives (Foil)
    1x Eternal Dragon (Foil Pro Tour)

After that I am going to start working on Black Bordered Duals. Preferably French or Beta. Here is the deck at the moment:

Link to My Blog ( I will be adding more pics and a primer article eventually)

You can click the image for a larger picture.
    Last edited by jmedina; 03-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedina View Post
    HOTTNESS
    Nice Wrath (lol). Seriously, though - that's some fine hottness. Gonna Jap Foil the Brainstorms?
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Gonna Jap Foil the Brainstorms?
    It's what a man does.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Nice Wrath (lol). Seriously, though - that's some fine hottness. Gonna Jap Foil the Brainstorms?
    LOL - The other one is on it's way from Singapore - I wish it would hurry up! I used to have signed (slightly altered) portal wraths and I sold them to a friend of mine so I needed replacements. I bought 3 beat wraths from a vendor at the Conflux Pre-Release for $5 dollars a piece -LOL I told him .. I want the crappiest wraths that you got.. basically proxy wraths until I get my foil jap 7th. LOL

I plan to take a pic of the sideboard and stuff soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    It's what a man does.
    My response to that question could not have been any better than this :)

Meh.
    Aug 2006
    Atlanta, Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Spardantevil View Post
    Today's Question:

Do you guys know some way to have a REALLY pimped playmat?

I mean, I'm currently thinking of getting one with the Guru Island's illustration... So, is it possible to print on a virgin playmat?

Spradantevil, check this out: http://www.tomgartin.com/

He does custom playmats.

This is what I had done.

Tusk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Just fucking ban the 600 pound gorilla and be done with it. FFS

Some foil and non foil jap stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jmedina View Post
    This is my Landstill deck. The spell base is almost completely foil. I obviously run 4 Force of Will, but they are normal so I did not add them in the picture. I have some cards that are on the way ( I will update the pictures when I get them):

1x Wrath of God (Foil Japanese 7th)
    1x Engineered Explosives (Foil)
    1x Eternal Dragon (Foil Pro Tour)

After that I am going to start working on Black Bordered Duals. Preferably French or Beta. Here is the deck at the moment:

Click here for Pics.. I cant Embed for some reason.
    Well, that's what I was talking about! Very nice deck! Thank you for posting!

@ mossivo1986: Hang in there bro. My landstill deck looked like yours at one time. I recommend focusing on pimping the staples first. Like Brainstorm, Spellsnare, Fact or Fiction ect.. Because then when you move the cards to another deck it's automatically pimp. Like my threshold deck gets alot of pimp from my landstill (ie: Swords, Brainstorms, ect). Just some thoughts.

@ Magik321: You have so much Pimp! I always droll over your ebay auctions. LOL

@ Sea R Hill: Thanks for the compliment. It has taken some hardcore trading and a little moola to make it happen. Some of this stuff (Jap 7th Foil Wrath) is just wicked hard to find.

My collection card. Got a normal japanese foil one (slightly miscut) to replace my square corner japanese foil piece. Currently missing Italian and Spanish Foil. If anyone has them let me know. S-Chinese Foil is incoming. Will post new scans when it arrives.

Other cards in the Infernal Contract global set includes:
    All the Artist Proofs signed
    All the Salvat versions including English
    Most of the non Foil versions (mostly missing Spanish and Italian ones)
    20 English Foil pieces, of which 4 are signed.

@jmedina: I was kinda lazy not to ebay another batch over the past week or so. I should be ebaying another batch of japanese foils and non foils this week, probably Thursday :) I'll try to get some scans up. I'm already half done witht he scanning of the cards

You should just skip ebay and send me a sale list every week! LOL I will buy some stuff. :)

Whienot --> Nice one. How much did he take for this one?

DCI-landstill

EvaGreen

still in progress :)

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

Cool cards out here :) Although I'm still not really into the whole asian thing, never will be :P That's propably because English is already foreign for me :) It's a pity though, that not all series are in Russian, because that's totally wicked :D

my 4 jap foil goyf
    Last edited by The Pharmacist; 03-28-2009 at 07:28 PM.

WOW - Really nice Goyfs. :)

Thread Information