Page 775 of 956 FirstFirst ... 275675725765771772773774775776777778779785825875 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Mail delivery! Progress deck pimping now at +/- 53%. Check sig for full progress

Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

I have received APAC and Euro lands unopened. I think I am going to open them, won't lose much in value but at least I can enjoy them:

Small story: The first time I saw a pimp deck it was "jeffisridiculous". It was not in a pimp thread but in a tournament report for something that was still called Type I back in the day.
    The year was 2003 and this deck won a Mox Ruby, mostly thanks to Tinker/Masticore (I cannot find the report anymore...maybe it was posted on TheManaDrain). I liked that silly deck and I liked that somehow it won.
    I like it to much that I decided to make my own copy of it. Back in the day I lacked the cards but I still put something together
    I was working toward completing it slowly but immigrating to Canada I ran out of money and I had to sell all my cards to eat (including the Beta power).
    I always thought that one day when I would get back on my feet I would complete a "jeffisridiculous". It did not take me long to do well in Canada but I never took the time to complete it until today.

I may mean nothing to everybody else but this is a small personal victory which represent recovery after hard times. I never knew who was Jeff. I wonder if he is still around. And now much of an inspiration it was for me to keep on moving forward.

The original "jeffisridiculous":

My 2003 replica: fabisridiculous:

2015: Back on my feet :) ! :

Close ups:

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

@nedleeds,

How much (trade or cash, whatever) was the Beta Nightmare? I haven't really found one I like enough to throw down for it yet; outside of an occasional Ebay listing, I only ever see people wanting way too much for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

$45

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by fabien View Post
    Small story: The first time I saw a pimp deck it was "jeffisridiculous". It was not in a pimp thread but in a tournament report for something that was still called Type I back in the day.
    The year was 2003 and this deck won a Mox Ruby, mostly thanks to Tinker/Masticore (I cannot find the report anymore...maybe it was posted on TheManaDrain). I liked that silly deck and I liked that somehow it won.
    I like it to much that I decided to make my own copy of it. Back in the day I lacked the cards but I still put something together
    I was working toward completing it slowly but immigrating to Canada I ran out of money and I had to sell all my cards to eat (including the Beta power).
    I always thought that one day when I would get back on my feet I would complete a "jeffisridiculous". It did not take me long to do well in Canada but I never took the time to complete it until today.

I may mean nothing to everybody else but this is a small personal victory which represent recovery after hard times. I never knew who was Jeff. I wonder if he is still around. And now much of an inspiration it was for me to keep on moving forward.

*pix*
    That's a super cool project. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Was delivering an Alpha Time Vault to a buddy and decided to suffer through 4 rounds of cantrip: the format

despite the top decked judgement I won this game ...

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

That deck looks like turbolols: the planeswalkering
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Mail delivery! Progress deck pimping now at +/- 53%. Check sig for full progress

How do you guys afford these cards? Is everyone pretty much purchasing them through eBay or are people trading for them? I am looking to start collecting some pimpish cards but i wanna make sure that it is affordable. Any advice please.

As the planeswalkers get dumber and dumber Eureka gets dumber and dumber.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Theonlyawuwu View Post
    How do you guys afford these cards? Is everyone pretty much purchasing them through eBay or are people trading for them? I am looking to start collecting some pimpish cards but i wanna make sure that it is affordable. Any advice please.
    A lot of people here either:
    A) Make enough that they have a lot of discretionary income
    B) Bought in a long time ago and leverage the cards that have gained substantial value over the years to purchase Pimp

The best place to buy pimp was Magic Online Traders League (MOTL) but it is largely defunct now. Generally, the best places to buy are MKM (Magic Kard Market, Europe only), the Facebook group High End Magic, or at GPs/large events.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Go to college and try not to spawn any children along the way.

Work for Nicol Bolas

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Incredible story. I'm happy that you finally made it! You just needs few more improvements. Well done.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

That's a gangsta story. Reminds me of the realest songs I know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

Trolling aside, congrats dude! Nice looking deck.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Mar 2009
    Italy

Playing elves...

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Work for Nicol Bolas

For the curious:

5x100
    10x20
    1x5
    5x1
    =

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    For the curious:

5x100
    10x20
    1x5
    5x1
    =
    sir, you have overpaid for your Sundering Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

This photo is an eye sore... None of your sets match and those foil hundies remind me of pokemon cards. A true pimp would have posted matching Korean bills.

So I just received a beta bayou that I recently won in an auction. I am a little concerned though because I have never dealt with higher end cards like this. Can someone let me know what they think of it.

http://imgur.com/EJwivgc

http://imgur.com/iTB6Uy9

http://imgur.com/9LTCAHI

Thread Information