Page 809 of 956 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859909 ... LastLast
Results 16,161 to 16,180 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Jan 2012
    Germany

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Awesomeness as usual, but foil omnisience and sower, havent seen those yet

Magic Librarian
    Aug 2007
    Johannes de Silentio

Quote Originally Posted by Phreshdawg View Post
    Sorry, if I'm off topic. A friend recently purchased an 8th ed test print. In order to guarantee authenticity, is there anything I should be looking for? Any help is appreciated.
    I assume you are referring to jud 8th. White backed, thinner, test print frames and printing look pretty crappy. Colour deviations are part of the package. Or, post a pic.

Source: I probably own more of these than any of the other folk named have at any point in time.
    One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    sex
    So nice.

I'm still disappointed I sold out a few years ago. I was working on a German pimp EDH deck at the time, but it's all gone. Can I have my foil German Thoughtseize back plz?

What trading websites are out there? I remember doing a lot of German trades on one specifically, but I can't remember it for the life of me.

Bryant Cook

Mar 2011
    Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Is this the "just in case" option pickup?
    T: @feingersh

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    I've picked up 4 foils now, and 2 nonfoil Russian. "Just in case" falls under the same category as "origins sucks" for me
    Using Tapatalk

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by bfeingersh View Post
    Na, it's a Burning Wish target.

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

So, I know it's not a Legacy deck, but I wanted to post a few scans of my Krenko, Mob Boss EDH deck. This is a project that I started once I sold off my Goblins deck two or so years ago; while I love that deck and all the crazy interactions it has, it simply can't keep up in the post-DRS Legacy meta; however, I honestly applaud those few Goblins players who keep the faith.

Anyway, here are my rules for "pimp" as far as EDH is concerned:

1) Foils (usually) reign supreme, unless the artwork is abhorrently ugly (I'm looking at you, Seventh Edition Goblin Matron!). I'm also a sucker for promos.

2) English language. Yes, yes, I know. Korean, Russian, Japanese whatever is "better." However, if I'm derping around with some EDH scrubs I want to have some kind of clear way to explain how I'm stacking Goblin Assassin triggers, or pulling of the Kiki/Conscript combo. And, as a poor person, English pimp is cheaper.

3) Snow basics are a must. This deck features 28 of them, all the Coldsnap edition. I guess I could run Skred or Scrying Sheets for fun, but I mostly love snow lands for their art.

Now, to start things off, the Mob Boss and his cronies (many props to the wonderful rk post for his awesome tokens):

The goblins to back him up:

Some non-goblins to help round things out:

Sweepers and removal:

Buffs and haste enablers:

Synergistic cards:

Nonbasics, mana ramp and The Architect's ultra pimp Mountain he sent me for Christmas!

"Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."

I write articles about Legacy Death and Taxes. Check them out.

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

To wrap things up, here are some closeups of my favorites. First, one month's rent in paper cards:

While I was buying these (the Recruiter especially) I truly wondered if I had some kind of mental disorder.

My three favorite goblins out of the deck:

And lastly, my favorite non-goblins:

I really love foils that expose extra detail that non-foils obscure simply by their flatness. Purphoros is especially awesome, as I had no idea he was covered in molten gold! Finding these kinds of details make pimping an even more rewarding experience, even if it is more expensive:

It's not much compared to some of the stuff on here, but I love it anyway. Pimp is, after all, what you make of it.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Wow, I had no idea these images would be so goddamn huge.
    "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."

I write articles about Legacy Death and Taxes. Check them out.

Guys, I need some advice.

I have an opportunity to buy nearly a playset of Summer Magic off someone I recently discovered locally. He has most of the cards in the set, including all the duals except for the Tundra... and multiple copies of a few.

Needless to say, he wants A LOT of money for all of this stuff. I definitely don't have the money to buy everything off of him, but I do have the funds to potentially buy some of the dual-lands and most of the commons/basics that I'd want.

I don't think an opportunity like this comes along very often - should I just completely blow my budget and buy as much of his Summer that I can? If I'm more conservative, what should i prioritize buying first? I don't know how much longer this offer will be available to me as it seems as if he's a bit eager to move this stuff.

I actually had some of this money ear-marked for buying playsets of Beta duals but now that this opportunity came up, I have a hard time deciding which direction I should go. I don't think I can justify buying Summer AND Beta at this point.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Summer will hold value regardless of reprint policy down the road, questionable of ABUR. To me Summer seems the safer long term bet despite it being harder to move outside of collectors. TBH Beta Duals are the most overrated thing on the planet, half of the shit posted in PIMP threads might as well be Unlimited or Revised it's so fucking beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Guys, I need some advice.

I have an opportunity to buy nearly a playset of Summer Magic off someone I recently discovered locally. He has most of the cards in the set, including all the duals except for the Tundra... and multiple copies of a few.

Needless to say, he wants A LOT of money for all of this stuff. I definitely don't have the money to buy everything off of him, but I do have the funds to potentially buy some of the dual-lands and most of the commons/basics that I'd want.

I don't think an opportunity like this comes along very often - should I just completely blow my budget and buy as much of his Summer that I can? If I'm more conservative, what should i prioritize buying first? I don't know how much longer this offer will be available to me as it seems as if he's a bit eager to move this stuff.

I actually had some of this money ear-marked for buying playsets of Beta duals but now that this opportunity came up, I have a hard time deciding which direction I should go. I don't think I can justify buying Summer AND Beta at this point.
    Buy the Summer.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Barbed Blightning View Post
    Nonbasics, mana ramp and The Architect's ultra pimp Mountain he sent me for Christmas!
    Aaah yiss. Rob Alexander Odyssey master race.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    C'mon. What's more pimp than Summer Magic?

OR

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Anyone got an amusing Null Rod list in Vintage?

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

>Baguette

Jul 2015
    Paris, France

Some little things I got in a trading session in Paris:

I like my beautiful lands =)

Dec 2013
    Torrington, CT

Always look at this thread at work and decided i wanted to get in on it, so i dipped my foot into the pimp game!! Jace looks kinda ugly but its mostly the sleeve.
    ( Sorry if the picture comes out big )

[img][/img]

Jul 2015
    Paris, France

Another trade (6 upper are foils):

I loveit when someone wants to trade a bunch of little rares against such good gards like that. The biggest cards I threw in were noble hierarch and damnation, also ulamog and monastery mentor. Then he took some origins (crappy) pw and almost a hundred of bulk rares. But hey, we're happy on both sides so why not eh?

- French Alters

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Summer is the pimpest tournament-legal version of anything, bar none.

Thread Information