Page 844 of 956 FirstFirst ... 344744794834840841842843844845846847848854894944 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,880 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Promo Gitaxian Probes
    Say what you want but it is the only way to get a Korean set (artwork is arguably superior as well).

Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by ertai's familiar View Post
    say what you want but it is the only way to get a korean set (artwork is arguably superior as well).

Korean promo probes
    rofl

On the topic of probes:

Bonus!

Jul 2015
    Paris, France

That looks nice

But can we all agree that the price if this new Jace is utterly stupid?
    My altered art galery: http://french-alters.jimdo.com/
    I take commissions, PM for more infos!

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by French Alters View Post
    That looks nice

But can we all agree that the price if this new Jace is utterly stupid?
    Welcome to Standard.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    Smiter sees a lot of play in Modern, so it's got that going for it.
    That's an overstatement. I haven't seen one around since Tasigur arrived. Wilt-Leaf Liege is no longer a thing, and Zoo seems to prefer KotR. Still, I'm hanging on to mine in case true control is ever viable in the format again (lol).

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    rofl
    Agree to disagree here I suppose. I think Chippy's art is pretty awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    That's an overstatement. I haven't seen one around since Tasigur arrived. Wilt-Leaf Liege is no longer a thing, and Zoo seems to prefer KotR. Still, I'm hanging on to mine in case true control is ever viable in the format again (lol).
    I'm guessing you don't pay that much attention to Modern cause literally nothing you said is at all correct. Like just last week at a Modern GP, a GW deck top 8'd running both Liege and Smiter and no KOTR. Also the Naya big zoo decks that have been putting up results in the last few months run Smiter and Kotr.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Well is not even true, there are plenty of "shoting star" cards that are much better than standard ones, for example old layout NH and DC, flusterstorm.
    Don't be fooled into thinking that Foil flusterstorm is the pimp choice, they are everywhere and ugly. Why not a German or Japanese flusterstorm? Much rarer and more interesting. Legacy isn't all about foil, most decks are running non-foil cards so look for interesting alternatives and stay away from promotional product.
    mtgpimp

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking that Foil flusterstorm is the pimp choice, they are everywhere and ugly. Why not a German or Japanese flusterstorm? Much rarer and more interesting. Legacy isn't all about foil, most decks are running non-foil cards so look for interesting alternatives and stay away from promotional product.
    Dunno man, i had both Jap and promo flusters and i chose to keep the foil ones

Also promotional product include Guru, PH Elesh, old foil bolt, old foil Waste, plenty of examples of good stuff, im not into any of those (would not consider my textless bolt a PR one) but they are indeed pimped.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    I'm guessing you don't pay that much attention to Modern cause literally nothing you said is at all correct. Like just last week at a Modern GP, a GW deck top 8'd running both Liege and Smiter and no KOTR. Also the Naya big zoo decks that have been putting up results in the last few months run Smiter and Kotr.
    I stand corrected. I have not been paying attention to the big events for the last few months, I was only talking about my local meta (which is a pretty stupid thing to do on an internet forum). I used to play GW Hatebears as my #1 deck, but that deck withered away from me when Treasure Cruise Delver was a thing, and right after the ban, everyone started playing Tasigur, Angler and Terminate in every deck. Suddenly my beloved semi-vanilla 4/4s were just not that big anymore. Good to see big Zoo make a comeback. (I`ll stop derailing now, sorry.)

Dunno man, i had both Jap and promo flusters and i chose to keep the foil ones

Also promotional product include Guru, PH Elesh, old foil bolt, old foil Waste, plenty of examples of good stuff, im not into any of those (would not consider my textless bolt a PR one) but they are indeed pimped.
    Same as always - pimp is in the eye of the beholder. Also, no point in lumping every promo card in the same category, some (many) are shit and others are beautiful.

Guru, old foil Wasteland and Swords to Plowshares are ducking gems and I own them. I dunno why people choose and even consider other versions as pimp. As for Lightning Bolt, I like the format and color of mint old Beta.

As for Elesh, well I prefer matching languages:

Someone once mocked me for developing Dragon Reanimator and mentioned that "the deck is for those who can't afford Emrakuls."

ROTFFLLLLL.. This post is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Mar 2013

Guru, old foil Wasteland and Swords to Plowshares are ducking gems and I own them. I dunno why people choose and even consider other versions as pimp. As for Lightning Bolt, I like the format and color of mint old Beta.
    Because we each have different tastes? The basic in my Lands deck is a foil Onslaught Forest because I started in Onslaught. The Wastelands are the 2010 ones because that's my favourite art. What you like might not mean anything to me.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

2010 Wastelands

edit — On a more serious note, I'm on the hunt for the most pimp basic Mountain. Any ideas what that might be?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Quote Originally Posted by AznSeal View Post
    Bonus!
    Very nice Thirst and Scroll. I wonder why they changed the SCH font, the old one is very beautiful.

Something I have received today. Maybe these cards aren't "pimp" because they aren't played, but they are extremely rare and very beautiful in my opinion (I collect foil Japanese angels):

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Something I have received today. Maybe these cards aren't "pimp" because they aren't played, but they are extremely rare and very beautiful in my opinion (I collect foil Japanese angels):

anything from 7th jap is fairly pimp. It was the first foil core set.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Mar 2013

edit — On a more serious note, I'm on the hunt for the most pimp basic Mountain. Any ideas what that might be?
    Arabian Nights.

Arabian Nights.
    Not even close to summer.

And probably you can do even batter than that, maybe summer miscut exist, but i dont think so.

And talking about elesh

I know the feels
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Pls, do it for kids in africa and do something about that pic D:

Btw here is my actual list of Doomsday, funny ho many different choices we took, and im not on the "must be oldest possible version" train.
    Uh, and god bless the shitty scanner + dirty af dragon shields combo

Only thing i REFUSE to buy is a ROE emrakul, not gonna pay 400 euro for that one for now
    i have my entire doomsday deck in german non-foil, except my euro lands and some of the fbb's, which are italian or french. will post when i'm not too lazy to scan everything. i don't really like foiling b/c it doesn't work with the duals, except my tendril's of agony.

-rob
    -rob

Thread Information