Page 894 of 956 FirstFirst ... 394794844884890891892893894895896897898904944 ... LastLast
Results 17,861 to 17,880 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Please do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    i would love to see that ! :D
    I do not want to post some half finished crap, so you have to wait for at least half a year ^^

The only problem I have atm is, that I absolutely "hate" the old Griselbrand artwork and love the promo, which is a pain in the ass, cause there is only eng version of it

Need to find a solution for this in the long run :/

Edit says: @Havrekjex, nice Griseldaddy (though, I do not like the art)

Greetings,
    Kathal

PS: And man, those port foil cards are hard to find (got already my Shoal, Goryo's, Wurm, Temple, just need the other stuff (manabase says hi and that darn SSG - Edit says: just got lucky and found one XD)).

PPS: As for languages, I go for: port, ger, eng and japo. I'm not a fan of rus cards, so that is why there is eng instead. As for priority port->ger->japo->eng So when I do not run the playset (say only a single) I play the port version ^^

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    It's always nice to see pimp Miracles.

But the mixing of languages is Stick to 2 at most (1 Asian + 1 European for the duals)! That's what I do: JPN + ITA.
    Super delayed response, but that's the long-term plan. I've been buying power instead of Foil German Jaces. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Kathal View Post
    PPS: As for languages, I go for: port, ger, eng and japo. I'm not a fan of rus cards, so that is why there is eng instead. As for priority port->ger->japo->eng So when I do not run the playset (say only a single) I play the port version ^^
    Where are you from? I'm just curious, as people generally dislike Portuguese.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Where are you from? I'm just curious, as people generally dislike Portuguese.
    AUT

I like Portugese quite a lot, and it is hard to find ^^

Btw, found that thing, thoughts (not my pic btw)?

Necrotic Ooze miscut

I have never seen such a miscut ^^

Greetings,
    Kathal

AUT

Necrotic Ooze miscut

Greetings,
    Kathal
    Is there any chance that it`s not NFC? And would it be legal, even though the P/T is barely readable?

Edit: https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Produ.../223358390.jpg - those corners don`t look quite right to me.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

AUT

Necrotic Ooze miscut

Greetings,
    Kathal

A couple of stores here in Portugal have PT-foils stashed because they don't sell. If you are searching for something specific just tell me, I can look around :)

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    Is there any chance that it`s not NFC? And would it be legal, even though the P/T is barely readable?
    It's definitely not factory cut. The corners are very inconsistent and not very rounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    It's definitely not factory cut. The corners are very inconsistent and not very rounded.
    My wallet thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilhas View Post
    A couple of stores here in Portugal have PT-foils stashed because they don't sell. If you are searching for something specific just tell me, I can look around :)
    I will gladly take this opportunity ^^

I will PM you as soon as I exactly know, what I need (ordered some PT stuff like two days ago, so I have to check up, what I need).

@Necrotic Ooze, already thought it, that that one is NFC.

Greetings,
    Kathal

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    That is literally the opposite of consistency.

You can get all cards in the language you prefer, besides Moat and Karakas, which comes in matching languages with your duals.

40-50$ basics isn't pimp, if you use the argument "they are expensive".
    I'm sure I've mentioned this earlier but I don't run Japanese PBlasts because they're not BB (yet, I'm expecting an EMA reprint to fix that). So that's the only card that I have that isn't Japanese when it can be.

As for not using Japanese or Guru basics, it's because Euro look better and you see them less. Guru are 1) ugly and 2) played out. It's like your rich neighbor buying a 458 Italia and you deciding to import a 2000GT. One is for new money, the other is for those with class You should understand this, seeing as you've said in the past a lot of what goes into pimping is tied to art (which is the reason why I will not be sleeving up EMA generic-counterspell-art Force of Wills in place of ITA burning man.)

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Don't get to defensive here, I have no problem with your choices but don"t tell the man to stick to 2 languages if you are not doing it yourself even with the manabase only.

1) Yes but they exist in english, you could go Jpn+Eng or Jpn+Ita for all your lands, the Moat is the only problem but I'd rather have a SB card mismatched then my mana base.

2) I did not know that the price of the cards is important for CONSISTENCY? Why are you not playing guru lands then? I don't get why you don"t use jpn Basics in this deck, that is inconsistent to me

3) Yeah ok its more expensive, but again it doesn't help consistency
    1) With the EMA Karakas printing in the better art, that card will be Japanese now

2) Pimping has inherent value concerns, yes. So the reason I decided to spend an extra $100 on the Moat was because I had the money to. Legends is a special case because ITA Legends is epitome of budget, while other ITA stuff isn't necessarily budget (such as the FoWs and the super-hard-to-find Ice Age PBlasts.) As for the matter on basics, I don't run Guru because quite frankly they're 1) ugly and 2) played out and I don't run Japanese (mentioned above but so below) because the only art I would want outside of the 2 I have now are the Torii island and Sunflower plains and they aren't available in Japanese script.

3) The consistency in my deck is: cards that can be Japanese (BB) are, cards that can't are either ITA BB or English BB (literally 1 card at this point, discounting basics), and it's consistent through the entire set of cards. The other guy was mixing languages even through the same cards–Snapcaster, and that's a no-no for pimping. But he's since said it's a WIP so can't fault him on that, only on posting an incomplete pimp deck but that's whatever. But having Chinese Jaces when German exist is awkward as fuck.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    Certain cards just look so right in certain languages.
    For some reason, the 8 mana really stands out in that pic. Always feels off.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I'm sure I've mentioned this earlier but I don't run Japanese PBlasts because they're not BB (yet, I'm expecting an EMA reprint to fix that). So that's the only card that I have that isn't Japanese when it can be.

As for not using Japanese or Guru basics, it's because Euro look better and you see them less. Guru are 1) ugly and 2) played out. It's like your rich neighbor buying a 458 Italia and you deciding to import a 2000GT. One is for new money, the other is for those with class You should understand this, seeing as you've said in the past a lot of what goes into pimping is tied to art (which is the reason why I will not be sleeving up EMA generic-counterspell-art Force of Wills in place of ITA burning man.)

1) With the EMA Karakas printing in the better art, that card will be Japanese now

2) Pimping has inherent value concerns, yes. So the reason I decided to spend an extra $100 on the Moat was because I had the money to. Legends is a special case because ITA Legends is epitome of budget, while other ITA stuff isn't necessarily budget (such as the FoWs and the super-hard-to-find Ice Age PBlasts.) As for the matter on basics, I don't run Guru because quite frankly they're 1) ugly and 2) played out and I don't run Japanese (mentioned above but so below) because the only art I would want outside of the 2 I have now are the Torii island and Sunflower plains and they aren't available in Japanese script.

3) The consistency in my deck is: cards that can be Japanese (BB) are, cards that can't are either ITA BB or English BB (literally 1 card at this point, discounting basics), and it's consistent through the entire set of cards. The other guy was mixing languages even through the same cards–Snapcaster, and that's a no-no for pimping. But he's since said it's a WIP so can't fault him on that, only on posting an incomplete pimp deck but that's whatever. But having Chinese Jaces when German exist is awkward as fuck.
    You dont really get the point, it is ok if you take cards you like more, it is your deck after all. But don't be like your deck is totally conistency all the time, when you sacrafice consistent for cards of higher value or better art on severall cases like the Basics or the new border swords or the khans fetches.

3) still you use 3 languarges when it could be easily 2. Consistency would be to run all non jap cards as either ita or eng.

Btw: The euro lands are more like 25 and 15$. If you pay 60 for the island, I will be happy to sell you as many as you want for that price. ;) Hard to find Pblast? Send me 30$ I will get you a playset ;)

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

I don't the new art as much as the original, that and the border just sucks monkey balls. Not to mention real world quotes are cool.

I'll be sticking with my English legends copies, much prettier.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Btw: The euro lands are more like 25 and 15$. If you pay 60 for the island, I will be happy to sell you as many as you want for that price. ;) Hard to find Pblast? Send me 30$ I will get you a playset ;)
    Here in the USofA prices are different than your MKM (I wish we had something similar to that here; TCGPlayer isn't good enough).

As for PBlasts: just 1 for sale for a card that's worth $1.50 is rare as fuck so I don't know what you're talking about when you're implying they're not hard to find.

The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Lets all just take a moment here and pray we can finally foil our Pyroblasts. My RUG deck is seriously needing one.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    Lets all just take a moment here and pray we can finally foil our Pyroblasts. My RUG deck is seriously needing one.
    Yes please. I feel like Pyroblast/Hydroblast are shoe-ins. Imma cut someone if they reprint REB/BEB.

Here in the USofA prices are different than your MKM (I wish we had something similar to that here; TCGPlayer isn't good enough).

As for PBlasts: just 1 for sale for a card that's worth $1.50 is rare as fuck so I don't know what you're talking about when you're implying they're not hard to find.
    Yeah I am sorry for your market but still. If you were are more positive person there would be people who would be happy to help you get cards from mkm like me BTW just add exc and there are 6 ita PB avaliable :)

Oct 2015
    Paris

the super-hard-to-find Italian Ice Age PBlasts.
    Try to find some korean pyroblasts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Goyfs from MM are like the last kid you pick in a kindergarten soccer match.
    You know he sucks, he knows, everybody knows, but you still need him to play.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

BTW just add exc
    Gross, I'm not some Modern player.

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there folks,

Today, I'm starting a new section in Super Secret Tech: Pimp my History! Each other week, I'll be posting pimped decks played in the past years. I'll start with this Monoblack Pox played in the Catalan Legacy League on January 2014:

And here's the sideboard, with some old school goodies too:

More pictures of old, in Super Secret Tech. Enjoy!
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Thread Information