Page 897 of 956 FirstFirst ... 397797847887893894895896897898899900901907947 ... LastLast
Results 17,921 to 17,940 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    I would take a foil japanese 7ed bop over an alpha one all day, there are countless reprints better than the original as far as im concerned.

Trying to define pimp standards is just silly, my reprint bolt could buy a beta lotus, i dont think is really that far behind an alpha bolt for example.
    It also depends on the rest of the deck (or collection). If everything is Asian non foil, then I prefer Korean 4th Edition ones. If it's a Modern deck and everything has the new frame, then 8th Edition foil is more coherent. If it's a Legacy deck where you already are running other Alpha cards, like dual lands, then Alpha ones may be the best option. Etc.

Having rules makes decisions easier. And then the deck should look more uniform that way. If you randomly pick whatever you prefer in a vacuum, then the deck may look like a mess.

Also, from a financial point of view, I prefer to just stick with something that already exists. Otherwise, you'd have to keep buying the newest "pimp" version that is released (that probably happened to some people that had original foils but prefer expeditions). Also, if others also stick to a previous pimp version, the price resists better reprints (as they aren't seen as substitute goods). That's a relevant topic, as those with pimp collections have lots of money invested there.

Pimp to me, closest I'll ever get to A/B lands. I got a couple revised forests for later use but I'll stuff these in my tide deck.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post

Pimp to me, closest I'll ever get to A/B lands. I got a couple revised forests for later use but I'll stuff these in my tide deck.
    I don't think you understand this thread, if you're posting revised basics.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    I don't think you understand this thread, if you're posting revised basics.
    4th edition, I believe.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Wow Master Blaster. I haven't seen you in ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekelley View Post
    I've seen this thread on a few vintage forums, so why not here? And it's friday, and i'm waiting to go out, and I'm bored beyond belief. So here we are: Post your deck/other decks that you've seen that are 'pimped' (god, i hate that word)

edit: need new pics
    Not once is there a guideline. Pimp is pimp.

It's your opinion on what's pimp.
    I posted my opinion on pimp, thought it was "nice", " cool".

Maybe there needs to be 'I'm poor but this is cool topic".

Also 4th edition

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Not once is there a guideline. Pimp is pimp.

It's your opinion on what's pimp.
    I posted my opinion on pimp, thought it was "nice", " cool".

Maybe there needs to be 'I'm poor but this is cool topic".

Also 4th edition
    Everything isn't pimp, just because you want it to be. Just like peanuts isn't tomatoes, just because you claim them to be.

Feel free to make a "I'm cool but I like my wb lands".

4th, revised. Both are not pimp, and don't belong in here.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I love Revised Basics, so easy to fetch and drive people crazy.

In other news, got a new new basic for Lands. Foil Unguled. Fucking gorgeous. Still thinking I will get the Judge Forest later though.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

We're talking about shitty basics, ill post mine

Got those recently

Im really happy about them, as you can see they are printed both in italian and in french

Factory cut double prints are pretty rare nowdays, id value those avacyn basics pretty high in my scale of pimp for example, im glad to play them in my deck over ABU/Guru and such
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

That's a very practical thing to do. I don't think there are any foil white bordered basics, are there?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    That's a very practical thing to do. I don't think there are any foil white bordered basics, are there?
    Eight Edition, I think?

Dec 2013

Hmm, really? I do see they at least used the same art I currently have for my Forests and Swamps... Couldn't care less about my Plains (those are all boring).

This might have potential, turning all my fetch targets sans Dryad Arbor white bordered. It's maybe not as pretty as it is now, but it does save time. And it helps others separating Dryad Arbor from any lands I may have (I tend to lump it in with the creatures anyways, but still).

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Hmm, really? I do see they at least used the same art I currently have for my Forests and Swamps... Couldn't care less about my Plains (those are all boring).

This might have potential, turning all my fetch targets sans Dryad Arbor white bordered. It's maybe not as pretty as it is now, but it does save time. And it helps others separating Dryad Arbor from any lands I may have (I tend to lump it in with the creatures anyways, but still).
    I know my Eight Edition (german) blood moon is white bordered, as well as the eight edition mana leaks I got somewhere (I was a modern degenerate, trying to ruin people with a mostly wb Blue Moon deck.)

Dec 2013

You sir are well en route to make my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasim0ff View Post
    Eight Edition, I think?
    Nope, foil cards from 8th/9th are black-bordered. There aren`t any white bordered foil cards, barring some weird exception that I`m missing.

I run white-bordered basics for that reason, fetching takes literally three seconds plus shuffling when your fetchable lands are your only WB cards. I love that to the point where I`m actually considering Unlimited duals. But you will not catch me alive trying to pass it off as true pimpness.

And hey, if you really want to drive legacy players up the wall, go with modern frame WB cards, non-foil basics from 8th/9th. My hands down favourite troll basic is this tacky piece of shit right here:

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    Nope, foil cards from 8th/9th are black-bordered. There aren`t any white bordered foil cards, barring some weird exception that I`m missing.

I run white-bordered basics for that reason, fetching takes literally three seconds plus shuffling when your fetchable lands are your only WB cards. I love that to the point where I`m actually considering Unlimited duals. But you will not catch me alive trying to pass it off as true pimpness.

And hey, if you really want to drive legacy players up the wall, go with modern frame WB cards, non-foil basics from 8th/9th. My hands down favourite troll basic is this tacky piece of shit right here:
    Too bad.

Be sure to wear a Hawaian shirt when fetching that.

Be sure to wear a Hawaian shirt when fetching that.
    Fat gold watch, khaki shorts and a straw hat with not one, but TWO fucking feathers in it.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Havrekjex View Post
    Fat gold watch, khaki shorts and a straw hat with not one, but TWO fucking feathers in it.
    Game 1 = auto win.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Game 1 = auto win.
    I would drop, if someone went all hawaiian against me, with that land. Like, I'm not in the right place anymore, what can I even do?

Thread Information