Page 91 of 956 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Bryant Cook

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Yawg did these for me. Green doesn't scan very well.

Buttscratcher?
    Aug 2007
    Germany

I just can't get used to that shit...
    It's as amazing as the first time I saw yawg's alterations.

pure pr0n
    Team Legal Actions. What else?

Check out my All-Commons Cube on MTGS.

Sep 2007
    MN

Those alters are awesome. I have like 10 alters and always intend to use them but I end up just admiring them in my binder.

My gf came back from Japan today and surprised me with 1 japanese phrexian dreadnought, 3 japanese bb mana vaults, and 3 japanese bb balances, among other things like 20 KMC 100s perfect fits.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by conboy31 View Post
    Those alters are awesome. I have like 10 alters and always intend to use them but I end up just admiring them in my binder.

My gf came back from Japan today and surprised me with 1 japanese phrexian dreadnought, 3 japanese bb mana vaults, and 3 japanese bb balances, among other things like 20 KMC 100s perfect fits.
    I know this is a personal preference thrad, but I'm in the camp with everyone who is original print/English/best artwork. Only Beta basic lands for me. Only Beta versions (Bolt/Ritual/Elemental Blasts/Etc.) for me. Arabian Nights City of Brass. Hell, I even prefer Weatherlight Gemstone Mine over TS, even though the only difference is a symbol for the set. The best original artwork I've ever seen is the Winter Mishra's Factory. So beautiful.

Other than original stuff, I don't have anything brag worthy. The way some folks go nuts for foil asian signed stuff is beyond me. In the end, the most beautiful card ever is a NM Beta Black Lotus. At GP: Rotterdam there was a French vendor who had one that was mint, like it was pulled from a pack that day. He wanted 1,800EUR for it, and I can imagine that being a fair market price. NEver have I seen a lotus as fresh as that one. Get a certain Mr. Rush or Garfield to sign it and it'd be enough to make ya want to rub one out.

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    I know this is a personal preference thrad, but I'm in the camp with everyone who is original print/English/best artwork. Only Beta basic lands for me. Only Beta versions (Bolt/Ritual/Elemental Blasts/Etc.) for me. Arabian Nights City of Brass. Hell, I even prefer Weatherlight Gemstone Mine over TS, even though the only difference is a symbol for the set. The best original artwork I've ever seen is the Winter Mishra's Factory. So beautiful.
    Pimp is not a matter of money like most people think, but a matter of art. Make your deck look nice along one theme and consider it pimped regarding your preferences.
    As far as I'm concerned, I hate foils (I'm not playing Pokemon), I don't like asian languages (don't want my opponent to be calling the judge every single card I play) and I think alterations and signing can only be made by the artist or Richard Garfield himself. I don't mind people scribbling on Tarmogoyfs, but it really hurts when it's on a LoA or a BoB.
    English and mothertongue are better for play, and there's nothing like the look of an Alpha/Beta card. The art is also very important for me, that's why I'll always play the Tempest Dark Ritual over even Beta ones (one of the only exception I make about the "A/B rules" rule!). Having the first version of a card is also classier, that's why I play IA Brainstorms over Mercadia ones and hate those timeshifted cards.

For all these reasons I don't post pictures of my decks here because most people won't appreciate it (due to their standardized -bad- tastes) and I don't want to hear "boo you're fetchs are not jap foils!"
    About that, one thing that made me want to cry during one tournament long ago when I didn't have all the cards I wanted for my landstill deck is a guy complimenting me about a foil Counterspell (used as a "proxy" of a Beta one) after I played 2 Alpha ones during previous turns...

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Sea R Hill View Post
    Pimp is not a matter of money like most people think, but a matter of art. Make your deck look nice along one theme and consider it pimped regarding your preferences. (...) (due to their standardized -bad- tastes)
    First saying that pimp is a matter of personal preference, and then saying that 'standardized' taste is bad makes you a hypocrite.

I like Japanese foils alot. I don't care if guys like you label it as 'standardized bad taste' or Pokémon.
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Sea R Hill: I would love to see your deck. I hate foils, and i always go for the oldest version. Although im a fan of asian cards, there is nothing more beautiful then a full BB deck with everything that can be betaed out and the rest beeing non-foil just plain versions (for example just a plain english tendrils).

The specimen seems to be broken.
    Dec 2008
    Sweden

I tired almost everything, english, japs, foils, WB, jap foils etc. The thing with japs was that it was so hard to collect a full deck of them. With foils, well, I like Force of Will... and for jap foils, well, same problem there.

German cards is the only ones I play with now. I both like that there not foil and I like to read the cards because it appers funny to me. I will post pics of my new deck as soon as I can, but it will probebly take a few weeks.
    "Think of all we could learn from it! It's the chance of a lifetime! You must let me have it! It's a magnificent specimen!"

Scandinavian Master Legacy 2010

World champion 93/94 2013

i am in the process of getting some foil fetchlands and beta duals.. until then, this is what i have sleeved up.. all foil minus force of wills obv.

Click for full resolution:
    http://www.berzerk.org/MWS/sauce-ugw-cbtop-082709.jpg

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Back, oh, six years ago when I was playing I had (and still have) a full foil UG Madness deck. Now, it's just a pile since who the hell wants foil Mongrels, Wurms, Logics, etc.? Pimping a deck can be fun, especially when others ooo and ahh, but when your deck goes from the shit to just shit it takes the wind out of your sails.

Luckily, pimping a Legacy deck has a longer lifespan than Standard or Extended.

Sometimes, though, I don't like to play nice cards because people always want to pick them up and look at them.

Opponent: Ooo, is that an Alpha Demonic Tutor in mint condition? *Grab*
    Me: Well, it was mint condition.

In the words of DMX: "If you're flashin' it you must not want it."
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Sometimes, though, I don't like to play nice cards because people always want to pick them up and look at them.

Opponent: Ooo, is that an Alpha Demonic Tutor in mint condition? *Grab*
    Me: Well, it was mint condition.
    I hate it when shit like that happens. My opponent's face would not stay in mint condition.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

skeggi, I though u disliked internet-though-guys, but behave like one yourself just now.
    Team Legal Actions.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post

Yawg did these for me. Green doesn't scan very well.
    I'm so jealous of these!

Why didn't you get your LED's done as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Tartell View Post
    Have to ask one of those West coasters about recreational purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSyndromeKarl View Post
    A baby seal walks into a club.
    West Coast Legacy

Shake that.
    Mar 2008
    Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by EaD View Post
    skeggi, I though u disliked internet-though-guys, but behave like one yourself just now.
    Yeah, I thought it would be a funny remark... I guess I failed

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by EaD View Post
    I also took it as a snappy one-liner and chuckled.

I lent a friend a deck a few years ago that had some good stuff in it, a couple nice foils--nothing huge, but a deck I liked to play with. The dude is a bodybuilder who apparently still doesn't know his own strength, and all of those cards are U-shaped to this day from the force with which he bridge-shuffled them. I wasn't about to pick a fight with a friend, especially not one who lifts weights, but I liked that deck, and I wanted to use it again someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by coraz86 View Post
    I also took it as a snappy one-liner and chuckled.

I lent a friend a deck a few years ago that had some good stuff in it, a couple nice foils--nothing huge, but a deck I liked to play with. The dude is a bodybuilder who apparently still doesn't know his own strength, and all of those cards are U-shaped to this day from the force with which he bridge-shuffled them. I wasn't about to pick a fight with a friend, especially not one who lifts weights, but I liked that deck, and I wanted to use it again someday.
    That sort of thing annoys me a lot. Why do people still bridge shuffle magic cards? There is no way to do this without damaging them in the long term. Side and pile shuffling isn't that hard to do...

One of my pet peeves is when people shuffle my deck out of habit after they ask if they can look through it. I rarely rip sleeves on my own, but I've had so many ripped by random opponents during tournies or people just looking through my deck.

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    That sort of thing annoys me a lot. Why do people still bridge shuffle magic cards? There is no way to do this without damaging them in the long term. Side and pile shuffling isn't that hard to do...

One of my pet peeves is when people shuffle my deck out of habit after they ask if they can look through it. I rarely rip sleeves on my own, but I've had so many ripped by random opponents during tournies or people just looking through my deck.
    HEY I've never ripped your sleeves, and I'm sure careful if I riffle shuffle your decks!

On a side note, I've taken to just pile shuffling my TES deck for many reasons, not least of while is to preserve the foils.

Byrant, I have a request, can you post TES on here, in one complete post, it is one of the most pimptastic decks I've ever seen in parts, would be nice to see it all in one piece.
    West Coast Legacy

Nov 2008
    Tampere, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    On a side note, I've taken to just pile shuffling my TES deck for many reasons, not least of while is to preserve the foils.
    Are you aware that pile shuffling doesn't actually randomize your deck, and you will be penalised if your opponent / judge catches you only pile shuffling your deck?
    Level 2 Judge

Stay frosty.
    Apr 2009
    New York City

Quote Originally Posted by luma View Post
    Are you aware that pile shuffling doesn't actually randomize your deck, and you will be penalised if your opponent / judge catches you only pile shuffling your deck?
    I side shuffle as well.
    West Coast Legacy

Here is my legacy landstill deck. Hope you enjoy it!

Thread Information