Page 941 of 956 FirstFirst ... 441841891931937938939940941942943944945951 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,820 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Nom

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

good lookin' OG goodies!

Previously, I shared my fully foiled UBg & BRg Reaminator decks. I had some upgrades to foils along the way including Reanimate, Animate Dead, Entomb, Dark Ritual, Inkwell Leviathan, Echoing Truth, Pithing Needle & Unmask (although you cannot see Unmask in these photos).

You can see the photos of hybrid of previous decks that I shared below:

Main Deck:

Sideboard:

Playmat:

Awesome reanimator deck, do something about those duals though!!

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there folks,

Here's the Turbo Depths I've played to Top 8 the Catalan Legacy League this last Saturday!

Here's the sideboard:

Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Oct 2016
    Germany

Here's my full japanese Manaless Dredge Deck, hope u guys like it :)

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Coldman View Post
    Nice looking deck. Nether Shadows especially.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

This is the last couple months of mailbags which are all in my EDH. Got a BIG arsed shipment coming from the USA in a couple weeks

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post
    This is the last couple months of mailbags which are all in my EDH. Got a BIG arsed shipment coming from the USA in a couple weeks
    Nice! Looking forward to seeing what you've got on the way.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Not really pimp but:

Reunited and it feels so good.

These were the Drops that Jody Keith used for GP LV, he had trouble finding any locally before he had gone, so I loaned him mine through a friend. Been floating around making their way back to me both of us being busy and just missing each other, but the playset is complete again.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Hi Pimpers,

for the first time, I've thought about buying some expensive nice foil stuff, a bit for playing purposes (casual only), but more for collecting purposes and "just because".

What are your opinions on the following foils:

Crucible of Worlds (JR or foil 5th Dawn?)
    Wasteland (wtf, there are 5 different artworks)
    Phyrexian Dreadnought (non foil Mirage engl. or foil JR? I think the JR look ugly)
    Tangle Wire (M20 artwork is soo much nicer, than the brown original, but it's not the original. I have doubts about the foil though (bending))
    Goblin Welder (JR or UD foil?)

Currently I prefer 5D foil Crucibles + 1 of each Wasteland foil (MPR, JR 2010, JR 2015, Expedition). EMA artwork is least nice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sco0ter View Post
    Hi Pimpers,

for the first time, I've thought about buying some expensive nice foil stuff, a bit for playing purposes (casual only), but more for collecting purposes and "just because".

Phyrexian Dreadnought (non foil Mirage engl. or foil JR? I think the JR look ugly)
    Tangle Wire (M20 artwork is soo much nicer, than the brown original, but it's not the original. I have doubts about the foil though (bending))

Currently I prefer 5D foil Crucibles + 1 of each Wasteland foil (MPR, JR 2010, JR 2015, Expedition). EMA artwork is least nice imo.
    The easy answer of course is to just get the versions you like the most. Live your pimp truth. But since you came to the pimp thread seeking advice, the overwhelming consensus is going to be OG pack foil > all. That means Urza's Legacy Welders over judge, Nemesis Tangle Wire over FTV, MPR Wasteland over all. Crucible of Worlds is probably a toss up, just because the judge one has the OG brown border and looks super sweet, but no one would criticize your pimpness for having Fifth Dawn crucibles. I'd lean towards Foil Dreadnought over the mirage ones because if you're committed to 100% foil, sometimes that means accepting sub-optimal looking cards when there's only one foil printing.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Hi Pimpers,

JR
    player reward
    non foil
    nemesis foil
    urza

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Do you guys have any experience with different kind of foils, I mean the technical foiling process.

I really don't like stiff foils, which keep bending due to the foil.

I think everything pre 8th Edition (old frame) has no issues with bending.
    Then they created a new foiling mechanism and foils were bending, but I guess they were fixing the issue at some point.
    E.g. I once had FNM Cabal Therapies and they were bending much.

In this particular case I wonder, if Xth Edition Crucibles are "better" than 5D Crucibles, just because the foiling process is more mature (in terms of foil quality/bending).

I've also heard, that FTV and M20 foils have a different foiling process, which is even worse (more stiff, more bending). Is that true?
    What about Judge Promos?

Do you guys have any experience with different kind of foils, I mean the technical foiling process.

I really don't like stiff foils, which keep bending due to the foil.

I think everything pre 8th Edition (old frame) has no issues with bending.
    Then they created a new foiling mechanism and foils were bending, but I guess they were fixing the issue at some point.
    E.g. I once had FNM Cabal Therapies and they were bending much.

In this particular case I wonder, if Xth Edition Crucibles are "better" than 5D Crucibles, just because the foiling process is more mature (in terms of foil quality/bending).

I've also heard, that FTV and M20 foils have a different foiling process, which is even worse (more stiff, more bending). Is that true?
    What about Judge Promos?
    I honestly haven't noticed much difference in foils from older sets bending more than foils from newer sets. I think they're all kinda equally bad in that respect. There are some sets that definitely have a worse looking foiling though, I think sets that are 100% reprints (think Modern Masters, etc) are the worst in that regard. If I remember correctly, Modern Masters 2 foils are particularly shitty looking in real life.

FTV foils are in fact different than normal pack foils. The front of the card feels noticeably different, it's glossy and slick to the touch. The foil is also kinda a uniform rainbow sheen over the entire card, rather than in pack foils where typically only certain parts of the card art are accentuated with foiling (Stoneforge Mystic and Snapcaster Mage are particularly good examples of this treatment). The FTV foiling process is overall pretty similar to how the Zendikar Expedition and Kaladesh artifacts are.

The foiling on judge promos is consistent with typical pack foils, and they always seem to do a particularly good job on the judge cards IMO.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

FTV foils are not pimp. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule when the ONLY foil version (not counting inventions / masterpieces / etc) is a FTV (Lotus Petal and Mox Diamond come to mind). But otherwise they are shit

Picked up the last dual I needed today. I'd say I'm done except the thoughtseize's are Theros but that's a recent inclusion to my main deck and I honestly don't mind not having Lorwyn ones so I don't plan on picking them up any time soon. (I could've just put some sylvan libraries and stuff in their place to make it look nicer though =p)

https://imgur.com/a/SYYCf

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Nice! Looking forward to seeing what you've got on the way.
    I'm going to build big Pox...no bigger.... bigger still.... my tabernacles are earlier in the archives of this thread

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Coldman View Post
    You're playing the wrong version of Dredge, but its ok cause your deck looks hot af! :U
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    You're playing the wrong version of Dredge, but its ok cause your deck looks hot af! :U
    I love manaless, it's the "no fucks given" deck of legacy! Keep making them pay.

Thread Information