Page 954 of 956 FirstFirst ... 454854904944950951952953954955956 LastLast
Results 19,061 to 19,080 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

This fuckin' guy not screaming from the rooftops about his signed russian kids. Fine, I'll do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Jan 2017
    TN

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    This fuckin' guy not screaming from the rooftops about his signed russian kids. Fine, I'll do it for you.
    Yeah, it's not like he has TWO fucking Hoover signed children. TWO.

Also, there's just some ridiculous gems in there, when it comes to the signatures.

The signed Doomsdays make me feel all tingly inside.

EDIT: Also, .dk, I wouldn't say I was badgering you, but I will say that the world is a better place now that these scans exist.

Feb 2008
    Czech Republic

My decks from real paper cards:

[Modern] Green Deathtouch
    [Vintage] Suicide Red
    [Casual Legacy] Blood Bats
    [Legacy] White Suspend Aggro Control

Feb 2016
    New England region USA

While most Doomsday players are on Experimental Frenzy (including myself), I have to say that this is the most fun storm deck I have played in many years (outside of Bizarro, but we'll call that a tin fins deck and stick with this being the most fun storm deck). Here is where I am at with Draw4 Doomsday. Only updates since the pics are the Polluted Deltas are now Onslaught.

Full Album with some close ups:
    https://imgur.com/a/qXXawCf

Storm Token for UBR mana and Storm:

------------------------------------

My second love is a recent deck I jumped on, ScapeWish:

https://imgur.com/a/F3bH9FU

------------------------------------

I've also been playing the 4c Phoenix pile and while it is a hot mess in my opinion, it looks good in foil:

https://imgur.com/a/YORx6lx

I also finally got my last foil Infernal Tutor for TES and will post that and other things soon.

EDIT: Sorry for the scaling on the images. I've never posted pictures to a thread before.
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

It's been a long time since I posted. I sold all of my beta and went to unlimited. here's a few things I've grabbed since the last time:

First 2 is a deck I've recently been playing for old school:

The big pickups!

Jan 2017
    TN

Updated, post-WAR Strawberry Shortcake:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...606_005552.jpg

Just picked up the last Thoughtseize! Plus mismatching Chokes, blue players deserve no less.

https://imgur.com/gC7NmHo

Not sure if I have posted these before but I couldn't resist. I commissioned Cornelius Brudi, the original artist of the revised plateau but not attributed, to do these.

I hope you like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungian Thing View Post
    https://imgur.com/gC7NmHo

Not sure if I have posted these before but I couldn't resist. I commissioned Cornelius Brudi, the original artist of the revised plateau but not attributed, to do these.

I hope you like them.
    Beautiful!

I love it when the original artist does a creative alter like this.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

bruizar

Got my foil wrenn & six playset in the mail. You can hardly see the shine on this picture. Also got some yawgmoths, vistas and some other stuff incoming

Just saw these spiked to €400 on MCM. Wonder how much value will be sustained
    Last edited by bruizar; 07-09-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Need help from the community. I own some beta dual lands (3 tundra and 2 volcanic islands) and I'm contemplating if I should trade them to more duals like German Fbb dual lands or Unlimited dual lands so i can make more decks with them.

What should i choose between them from an investment stand point in the long run and pimping legacy decks.

Or should i just keep them?

Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dericklol View Post
    Need help from the community. I own some beta dual lands (3 tundra and 2 volcanic islands) and I'm contemplating if I should trade them to more duals like German Fbb dual lands or Unlimited dual lands so i can make more decks with them.

What should i choose between them from an investment stand point in the long run and pimping legacy decks.

Or should i just keep them?

Thank you!

TRADING/SELLING OPTION:

I don't really like unlimited cards, but I believe unlimited cards will hold the value better in the long run than FBB cards. That's due to a very important point. There is no information about the size of the FBB print run, but there is about the unlimited print run. Only 18000 of each unlimited dual were printed. No idea how many of each FBB duals were printed. It might be the same amount, it might be less, it might be more... No one knows. And scarcity is a big factor when collectors put a value on cards.
    Also, unlimited cards have beta ink, it just changes the border, and that's quite cool.

Also, I have many FBB cards, and a few unlimited cards, and the paper quality is by far much better in unlimited. So when you play with FBB cards, the condition gets worse faster than unlimited (cards bend even when double sleeved). That will also have an impact in the cards value.

The last point is that FBB can't be in English, and I really like having the whole deck in the same language. And English is MTG's original language, which is also cooler IMO.

KEEPING OPTION:

As a long time investment, nothing beats AB cards.
    1100 units of each Alpha rare were printed, and 3300 of each Beta rare (and in the beginning of the game cards didn't have nowadays values, who knows how many of those cards were destroyed by kids at that time, and we all know stories of cards destroyed by the postal service, or lost in floods). And there were no Volcanic Islands in Alpha, so there are probably less than 3000 BB English volcanics . When the game starts to die in a few years, I believe the prices on those cards will hold better than on any other cards. If you don't need the money, I say that you should keep them.

Very informative! Thank you for this!

Quote Originally Posted by MoxMonkey View Post
    It's been a long time since I posted. I sold all of my beta and went to unlimited. here's a few things I've grabbed since the last time:

First 2 is a deck I've recently been playing for old school:

The big pickups!

Lovely clean unli duals! Did you sell your beta duals for those? Did you feel any regrets selling your beta duals for unli ones?

Hi everyone! Is the signature legit for you?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Going to start the process of partially pimping out my legacy pox deck (the only one I play regularly and plan to keep playing regularly). I don't plan on going full foil OG foreign or anything like that, more just original printings where possible, using full arts/promos where possible also and getting the art i like vs the lowest cost version of the cards.

For someone going down this rabbit hole for the first time, any tips? Do you go quantity over quality and get the less expensive ones first, do you go for the staples first, or just get what you can when it pops up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Going to start the process of partially pimping out my legacy pox deck (the only one I play regularly and plan to keep playing regularly). I don't plan on going full foil OG foreign or anything like that, more just original printings where possible, using full arts/promos where possible also and getting the art i like vs the lowest cost version of the cards.

For someone going down this rabbit hole for the first time, any tips? Do you go quantity over quality and get the less expensive ones first, do you go for the staples first, or just get what you can when it pops up?
    If you want to play with foil / alternate art / full art cards as soon as possible, then buy what you can buy right away. But this will be more costly than buying the most expensive cards first.
    I went through this process before and could'nt wait to get the credit to buy the most expensive cards of my deck (FBB duals) so i bought the foil basic lands (Full art zendkar as i loved the forest from John Avon) and the small end cards also. Then i bought a foil cradle and lost my deck and stopped :( (but this is another story)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    If you want to play with foil / alternate art / full art cards as soon as possible, then buy what you can buy right away. But this will be more costly than buying the most expensive cards first.
    I went through this process before and could'nt wait to get the credit to buy the most expensive cards of my deck (FBB duals) so i bought the foil basic lands (Full art zendkar as i loved the forest from John Avon) and the small end cards also. Then i bought a foil cradle and lost my deck and stopped :( (but this is another story)
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not in a rush to play with them right away, as i don't get a chance to play often (hence why i've gone down to one main deck to play). But my takeaway on this is:

-Its less expensive (generally) to get the higher end cards first, but more "enjoyable" to have larger number of less expensive cards first.

Also, sorry to hear about your deck. I can sadly say I have an experience that helps me relate to that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Jan 2017
    TN

That is one sweet ass jap deck. I approve :)

Thread Information