Page 954 of 955 FirstFirst ... 454854904944950951952953954955 LastLast
Results 19,061 to 19,080 of 19081

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

  1. #19061
    shallow
    .dk's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    denver, co
    Posts

    1,129

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    8bit was badgering me... so here is where most of my projects stand at the moment.

    Bizarro Stormy with a green splash:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/H3x7NG7sKJ9wR8ob7

    Cards for other versions of Bizarro:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/cxVbwSKUoybGWSsu9

    Tin Fins specifically:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/zToJJPYBtpPQ3FzZ6

    And some other stuff to round out storm/doomsday:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qAZqLBcqEaydRPdt7

    There are various cards in there that aren't pictured as sets that I do have complete sets for. Was just running some odd numbers in decks and didn't get the others out to scan. Couple notable things I'm still missing signatures on: Flusterstorms and Reanimate. Aside from those, the signature project that I started about 5 years ago (getting Tin Fins signed) is basically done. FINALLY.
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

  2. #19062
    Site Contributor
    thecrav's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2010
    Location

    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts

    1,090

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    This fuckin' guy not screaming from the rooftops about his signed russian kids. Fine, I'll do it for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

  3. #19063
    Member
    8bit9mm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2017
    Location

    TN
    Posts

    172

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    This fuckin' guy not screaming from the rooftops about his signed russian kids. Fine, I'll do it for you.
    Yeah, it's not like he has TWO fucking Hoover signed children. TWO.

    Also, there's just some ridiculous gems in there, when it comes to the signatures.

    The signed Doomsdays make me feel all tingly inside.

    EDIT: Also, .dk, I wouldn't say I was badgering you, but I will say that the world is a better place now that these scans exist.

  4. #19064
    Member
    Strawberry Dwarf's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2008
    Location

    Czech Republic
    Posts

    82

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks


    My decks from real paper cards:

    [Modern] Green Deathtouch
    [Vintage] Suicide Red
    [Casual Legacy] Blood Bats
    [Legacy] White Suspend Aggro Control

  5. #19065
    Member
    UnOrthodox Bird's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2016
    Location

    New England region USA
    Posts

    19

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    While most Doomsday players are on Experimental Frenzy (including myself), I have to say that this is the most fun storm deck I have played in many years (outside of Bizarro, but we'll call that a tin fins deck and stick with this being the most fun storm deck). Here is where I am at with Draw4 Doomsday. Only updates since the pics are the Polluted Deltas are now Onslaught.




    Full Album with some close ups:
    https://imgur.com/a/qXXawCf

    Storm Token for UBR mana and Storm:



    ------------------------------------

    My second love is a recent deck I jumped on, ScapeWish:




    Full Album with some close ups:
    https://imgur.com/a/F3bH9FU

    ------------------------------------

    I've also been playing the 4c Phoenix pile and while it is a hot mess in my opinion, it looks good in foil:




    Full Album with some close ups:
    https://imgur.com/a/YORx6lx

    I also finally got my last foil Infernal Tutor for TES and will post that and other things soon.

    EDIT: Sorry for the scaling on the images. I've never posted pictures to a thread before.
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

  6. #19066
    Member
    MoxMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Tacoma, WA
    Posts

    340

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    It's been a long time since I posted. I sold all of my beta and went to unlimited. here's a few things I've grabbed since the last time:

    First 2 is a deck I've recently been playing for old school:



    The big pickups!


  7. #19067
    Member
    8bit9mm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2017
    Location

    TN
    Posts

    172

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Updated, post-WAR Strawberry Shortcake:










  8. #19068

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...606_005552.jpg

    Just picked up the last Thoughtseize! Plus mismatching Chokes, blue players deserve no less.

  9. #19069

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    https://imgur.com/gC7NmHo


    Not sure if I have posted these before but I couldn't resist. I commissioned Cornelius Brudi, the original artist of the revised plateau but not attributed, to do these.

    I hope you like them.

  10. #19070

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Jungian Thing View Post
    https://imgur.com/gC7NmHo


    Not sure if I have posted these before but I couldn't resist. I commissioned Cornelius Brudi, the original artist of the revised plateau but not attributed, to do these.

    I hope you like them.
    Beautiful!

    I love it when the original artist does a creative alter like this.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

  11. #19071

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Got my foil wrenn & six playset in the mail. You can hardly see the shine on this picture. Also got some yawgmoths, vistas and some other stuff incoming




    Just saw these spiked to 400 on MCM. Wonder how much value will be sustained
    Last edited by bruizar; 07-09-2019 at 10:45 AM.

  12. #19072

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Need help from the community. I own some beta dual lands (3 tundra and 2 volcanic islands) and I'm contemplating if I should trade them to more duals like German Fbb dual lands or Unlimited dual lands so i can make more decks with them.

    What should i choose between them from an investment stand point in the long run and pimping legacy decks.

    Or should i just keep them?

    Thank you!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  13. #19073

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by dericklol View Post
    Need help from the community. I own some beta dual lands (3 tundra and 2 volcanic islands) and I'm contemplating if I should trade them to more duals like German Fbb dual lands or Unlimited dual lands so i can make more decks with them.

    What should i choose between them from an investment stand point in the long run and pimping legacy decks.

    Or should i just keep them?

    Thank you!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    TRADING/SELLING OPTION:

    I don't really like unlimited cards, but I believe unlimited cards will hold the value better in the long run than FBB cards. That's due to a very important point. There is no information about the size of the FBB print run, but there is about the unlimited print run. Only 18000 of each unlimited dual were printed. No idea how many of each FBB duals were printed. It might be the same amount, it might be less, it might be more... No one knows. And scarcity is a big factor when collectors put a value on cards.
    Also, unlimited cards have beta ink, it just changes the border, and that's quite cool.

    Also, I have many FBB cards, and a few unlimited cards, and the paper quality is by far much better in unlimited. So when you play with FBB cards, the condition gets worse faster than unlimited (cards bend even when double sleeved). That will also have an impact in the cards value.

    The last point is that FBB can't be in English, and I really like having the whole deck in the same language. And English is MTG's original language, which is also cooler IMO.

    KEEPING OPTION:

    As a long time investment, nothing beats AB cards.
    1100 units of each Alpha rare were printed, and 3300 of each Beta rare (and in the beginning of the game cards didn't have nowadays values, who knows how many of those cards were destroyed by kids at that time, and we all know stories of cards destroyed by the postal service, or lost in floods). And there were no Volcanic Islands in Alpha, so there are probably less than 3000 BB English volcanics . When the game starts to die in a few years, I believe the prices on those cards will hold better than on any other cards. If you don't need the money, I say that you should keep them.

  14. #19074

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Very informative! Thank you for this!

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  15. #19075

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by MoxMonkey View Post
    It's been a long time since I posted. I sold all of my beta and went to unlimited. here's a few things I've grabbed since the last time:

    First 2 is a deck I've recently been playing for old school:



    The big pickups!

    Lovely clean unli duals! Did you sell your beta duals for those? Did you feel any regrets selling your beta duals for unli ones?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  16. #19076

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Hi everyone! Is the signature legit for you?




    Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

  17. #19077

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Going to start the process of partially pimping out my legacy pox deck (the only one I play regularly and plan to keep playing regularly). I don't plan on going full foil OG foreign or anything like that, more just original printings where possible, using full arts/promos where possible also and getting the art i like vs the lowest cost version of the cards.

    For someone going down this rabbit hole for the first time, any tips? Do you go quantity over quality and get the less expensive ones first, do you go for the staples first, or just get what you can when it pops up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lav Dafka View Post
    I kept hearing random people around the room saying "manaless dredge!" like a sort of "hide your wives and your daughters, grab your pitchforks, say your prayers, the Beast is back" reaction.

  18. #19078
    GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

    Join Date

    Jan 2013
    Location

    French Riviera
    Posts

    708

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    Going to start the process of partially pimping out my legacy pox deck (the only one I play regularly and plan to keep playing regularly). I don't plan on going full foil OG foreign or anything like that, more just original printings where possible, using full arts/promos where possible also and getting the art i like vs the lowest cost version of the cards.

    For someone going down this rabbit hole for the first time, any tips? Do you go quantity over quality and get the less expensive ones first, do you go for the staples first, or just get what you can when it pops up?
    If you want to play with foil / alternate art / full art cards as soon as possible, then buy what you can buy right away. But this will be more costly than buying the most expensive cards first.
    I went through this process before and could'nt wait to get the credit to buy the most expensive cards of my deck (FBB duals) so i bought the foil basic lands (Full art zendkar as i loved the forest from John Avon) and the small end cards also. Then i bought a foil cradle and lost my deck and stopped :( (but this is another story)

  19. #19079

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    If you want to play with foil / alternate art / full art cards as soon as possible, then buy what you can buy right away. But this will be more costly than buying the most expensive cards first.
    I went through this process before and could'nt wait to get the credit to buy the most expensive cards of my deck (FBB duals) so i bought the foil basic lands (Full art zendkar as i loved the forest from John Avon) and the small end cards also. Then i bought a foil cradle and lost my deck and stopped :( (but this is another story)
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not in a rush to play with them right away, as i don't get a chance to play often (hence why i've gone down to one main deck to play). But my takeaway on this is:

    -Its less expensive (generally) to get the higher end cards first, but more "enjoyable" to have larger number of less expensive cards first.


    Also, sorry to hear about your deck. I can sadly say I have an experience that helps me relate to that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lav Dafka View Post
    I kept hearing random people around the room saying "manaless dredge!" like a sort of "hide your wives and your daughters, grab your pitchforks, say your prayers, the Beast is back" reaction.

  20. #19080
    Member
    8bit9mm's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2017
    Location

    TN
    Posts

    172

    Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks










Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)