Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] TES (The EPIC Storm)

Bryant Cook

Re: [Deck] The EPIC Storm 3.0- Bigger and Badder

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Roopey View Post
    Not that likely if you know what you are doing.

Trinket Mage is really, really bad. If you think that free spells are warranted in fine-tuned storm decks, you really need to just stop doing whatever it is you are doing. There is a reason why you dont just play Ornithopter isn't there? It chumps! YAY!

I don't know why you don't just spend all this time working on another deck rather than just learn how to play Nausea correctly.

You guys think of Helm in the completely wrong light. Helm is like a Ritual, except its a lot better. Generally, Helm "produces" 5-6 mana for the small investment of 2 mana. You were willing to produce 0 mana with the investment of 3 mana. Helm seems better.

1 of Meditate is a lot better than 1 of Diminishing Returns. Meditate is 10x more flexible.

I really like the idea of Repeal. That should be incorporated somehow.

You are running to mana rituals and not enough draw. Sure you have 8 tutor effects, but that is still not enough when you want to win by turn 3.

All in all, the deck wasn't very well thought out or put together.

BTW, Bigger and Badder is bad grammar, it should be Bigger and Worse.
    1st off I've played nausea, and the problem with the deck is it plays 11 eggs. You often get hands with 3-4 eggs, landgrant an infernal and something irrelevant. Where you lose because you don't have Helm of Awakening. You will lose more often than not when there is not a Helm in play, it's a fact spending 1 mana to draw a card and change a color of mana with no Helm of Awakening in play when you cantrip into more eggs leaves you with no mana in your pool. Don't say you weren't playing it correctly because I am a competent Storm player and well Nausea can't handle the metagame. It's too unstable and has zero protection.

2.) If you are going to make accusations about Trinket Mage being a bad card back them up. We can push and shove all day but without a logical statement on your half how am I supposed to take you seriously? Prove me wrong on Trinket Mage really; you act as if you HAVE to cast him while in mid-combo which is not the case. He's often used as a set-up card.

3.) I know of Helm of Awakening's capabilities and what it can and can't do no need to preach, how often will Trinket Mage give your opponent mana to do broken things? How often will Trinket Mage lose you the game because you don't have him? Trinket Mage often goes aggro for the few life points needed for a less-er Tendrils against control. Trinket Mage is often counter-bait because after awhile he is a must answer. Why can't you see the light? Helm's "Light" has nothing to do with it adding mana, Seething song often adds 5, actually it ALWAYS adds 5 as well with a cost of 1 more than Helm and doesn't benefit the opponent.

4.) Let's put this in an easy way Meditate is not Burning Wishable, I wanted a Wishable draw card effect and well Diminishing Returns fits the situation. As for the MD Diminishing Returns It draws 7 for one more mana I'll pay one more and Ancestral Recall. I know your counter argument will be the casting cost, but 9 times out of 10 you're getting it off of a tutor and well that more than likely means you used a Lion's Eye Diamond or else you'd go after a different target. Well since you used a Lion's Eye Diamond you will have UUU which means the casting cost no longer matters.

5.) Don't speak of bad grammar, at least mine was intentional. Who are you to judge if a deck is bad or not?

EDIT: Mike Bolmholt stole that crown from you awhile ago. Well we were playing King of the Hill and I punched him in the face.

Banned
    Jun 2004
    Blacksburg

Let's try again shall we?

1 ~ To me you played incorrectly because you kept that hand. Failing to mulligan correctly is also a play mistake.

2 ~ 3 Mana set up cards are bad, that is why Grim Tutor isn't played in anyone's Tendrils decks.

3 ~ You are right Seething Song does always produce 5 mana, but Helm doesn't require any colored mana so it can be played on turn 1 off of a City or Tomb, and does cost 1 less. I don't know if you noticed or not but Nausea gets mana shorted sometimes, and I run all around cheaper cards than you: Spoils, Helm, Eggs, etc...How do you expect to not get mana shorted when all your spells cost more?! Is it by running more Rituals so that you don't have any draw power at all?

4 ~ When did people start Wishing for cards in their maindecks?

5 ~ Get it? Get it? Get it? You just don't get it.

Bryant Cook

Let's try again shall we?

1 ~ To me you played incorrectly because you kept that hand. Failing to mulligan correctly is also a play mistake.

2 ~ 3 Mana set up cards are bad, that is why Grim Tutor isn't played in anyone's Tendrils decks.

3 ~ You are right Seething Song does always produce 5 mana, but Helm doesn't require any colored mana so it can be played on turn 1 off of a City or Tomb, and does cost 1 less. I don't know if you noticed or not but Nausea gets mana shorted sometimes, and I run all around cheaper cards than you: Spoils, Helm, Eggs, etc...How do you expect to not get mana shorted when all your spells cost more?! Is it by running more Rituals so that you don't have any draw power at all?

4 ~ When did people start Wishing for cards in their maindecks?

5 ~ Get it? Get it? Get it? You just don't get it.
    1.) So I should keep Mulliganing until I get a helm and no eggs in my hand, with 4 or 5 cards left? It was a quick example, happens a lot why do you think Nausea players left once Iggy came around?

2.) Its much more than just a set-up card, if you read the thread you'd understand that. Why cant you "get it, get it, get it."

3.) Colored mana?!@?!?! Please do not use that as an excuse, this thread is not meant for you to compared TES to Nausea. You play colorless lands which is why you think Helm is amazing try playing 5 color lands, your opinion on Helm will change which may be the reason you CAN'T support a simple card like Seething Song. If Nausea gets mana shorted that’s something you should work on in a different thread, not my problem your deck has a lot of flaws. With 15 Rituals, 12 artifact mana sources and 10 lands I think I can support a few 3cc spells. Draw power isn't needed when you have tutor power; I play 10 tutors not counting Trinket Mage that is more than enough to efficiently win the game.

4.) There's one Maindeck one Sideboard, it's not rocket science.

5.) There's no need to respond to immaturity.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Quote Originally Posted by EvilRoopey
    Yes, the deck can win without them [helm] but how often are you more likely going to lose because you don't have them.
    Not that likely if you know what you are doing.

Trinket Mage is really, really bad. If you think that free spells are warranted in fine-tuned storm decks, you really need to just stop doing whatever it is you are doing. There is a reason why you dont just play Ornithopter isn't there? It chumps! YAY!

I don't know why you spend all this time working on another deck rather than just learn how to play Nausea correctly.

You guys think of Helm in the completely wrong light. Helm is like a Ritual, except its a lot better. Generally, Helm "produces" 5-6 mana for the small investment of 2 mana. You were willing to produce 0 mana with the investment of 3 mana. Helm seems better.

1 of Meditate is a lot better than 1 of Diminishing Returns. Meditate is 10x more flexible.

You are running to many rituals and not enough draw. Sure you have 8 tutor effects, but that is still not enough when you want to win by turn 3.

BTW, Bigger and Badder is bad grammar, it should be Bigger and Worse.
    Are you pointing out bad grammar? Do you know what they say about those in glass houses?

Yes, the deck can win without them [helm] but how often are you more likely going to lose because you don't have them.
    Not that likely if you know what you are doing. Sentence Fragment

Trinket Mage is really, really bad.Redundant If you think that free spells are warranted in fine-tuned storm decks, you really need to just stop doing whatever it is you are doing. There is a reason why you dont just play Ornithopter isn't there? It chumps! YAY!

I don't know why you spend all this time working on another deck rather than just learn how to play Nausea correctly. Ouch. I don't even know where to begin. Verb Tense? Faulty parallelism.

You guys think of Helm in the completely wrong light. Helm is like a Ritual, except it's a lot better. Generally, Helm "produces" 5-6 mana for the small investment of 2 mana. You were willing to produce 0 mana with the investment of 3 mana. Helm seems better.

You are running too many rituals and not enough draw. Sure, you have 8 tutor effects, but that is still not enough when you want to win by turn 3.

BTW, Bigger and Badder is bad grammar, it should be Bigger and Worse. bad - adjective, worse, worst; (Slang) bad-der, bad-dest for 36; noun; adverb... 36. Slang. outstandingly excellent; first-rate: He's a bad man on drums, and the fans love him.

Hmmm, I wonder if slang would be acceptable on an Internet forum discussing Magical cards?

Keep the comments nice. If you want to prove that the deck sucks, do so without implied insults. Leave the grammar correction to those who understand grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Banned
    Jun 2004
    Blacksburg

@ Rotten: Apparently you people don't get sarcasm inside of jokes, but I do apologize for not being an English teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    1.) So I should keep Mulliganing until I get a helm and no eggs in my hand, with 4 or 5 cards left? It was a quick example, happens a lot why do you think Nausea players left once Iggy came around?

2.) Its much more than just a set-up card, if you read the thread you'd understand that. Why cant you "get it, get it, get it."

3.) Colored mana?!@?!?! Please do not use that as an excuse, this thread is not meant for you to compared TES to Nausea. You play colorless lands which is why you think Helm is amazing try playing 5 color lands, your opinion on Helm will change which may be the reason you CAN'T support a simple card like Seething Song. If Nausea gets mana shorted that’s something you should work on in a different thread, not my problem your deck has a lot of flaws. With 15 Rituals, 12 artifact mana sources and 10 lands I think I can support a few 3cc spells. Draw power isn't needed when you have tutor power; I play 10 tutors not counting Trinket Mage that is more than enough to efficiently win the game.

4.) There's one Maindeck one Sideboard, it's not rocket science.

5.) There's no need to respond to immaturity.

OK, look, I'm not trying to start a war here or anything, just point out what I think you are doing wrong and tell you why I think that.

Bad hands happen with all decks. It's part of the game, the only reason people find it so "bad" to mulligan with Nausea is because they can't comprehend that having a bad hand in your 7 is very similar to having a no land hand. They are unkeepable. If you didn't know that then you are in fact not a compotent Tendrils-based combo player.

Trinket Mages "other talents" are useless and pointless to the gamestate. When you are winning on turns 2-3, swinging doesn't really come into play. Therapy is cute, but Duress is better in a deck that only plays 4 creatures anyways. So that's an easy answer.

Draw power is nessecary in order to find the tutor effects. Plunge into Darkness is not a tutor.

And the maindeck Returns should be a Meditate. This isn't rocket science, it's common sense.

That, right there, what you said, it was a response.

Bryant Cook

@ Rotten: Apparently you people don't get sarcasm inside of jokes, but I do apologize for not being an English teacher.

OK, look, I'm not trying to start a war here or anything, just point out what I think you are doing wrong and tell you why I think that.

Bad hands happen with all decks. It's part of the game, the only reason people find it so "bad" to mulligan with Nausea is because they can't comprehend that having a bad hand in your 7 is very similar to having a no land hand. They are unkeepable. If you didn't know that then you are in fact not a compotent Tendrils-based combo player.

Trinket Mages "other talents" are useless and pointless to the gamestate. When you are winning on turns 2-3, swinging doesn't really come into play. Therapy is cute, but Duress is better in a deck that only plays 4 creatures anyways. So that's an easy answer.

Draw power is nessecary in order to find the tutor effects. Plunge into Darkness is not a tutor.

And the maindeck Returns should be a Meditate. This isn't rocket science, it's common sense.

That, right there, what you said, it was a response.
    How are Trinket Mages "Other Talents" not relevant? Being able to keep Threshold's Mages on bay seems kind of relevant to me. Being able to swing for the 2-4 damage needed to win against discard seems important to me. Being able to tutor up LED for more consistency is relevant; you act as if Trinket mage is only a Grizzly Bear. Swinging does come into play if you were an established combo player you'd of all people know this, against control the game is often dragged out. Trinket Mage is a must answer, if they let Mage chip away at them they will lose.

Therapy vs. Duress once again you didn't give reasons, Can you count? 3x Trinket Mage and 3x Xantid Swarm does not equal 4. Back to kindergarten 3+3=6, 3+1=4, 2+2= 4. Therapy vs. Duress is more of a preference; anyways Therapy names Force of Will 70% of the time, Duress can only grab 1 Force where Therapy can grab more, not to mention you can use it twice.

Draw power is certainly not necessary; I can have it in my opening hand. After all 1/6th of the deck are tutors. Plunge is certainly a tutor, plunge to 18-19 seems like a rather large chunk of Library to me. If you consider Spoils of the Vault a tutor then you're a hypocrite.

Diminishing Returns once again you didn't state your position; I'm starting to notice a theme.

EDIT::Typos

Banned
    Jun 2004
    Blacksburg

Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    How are Trinket Mages "Other Talents" not relevant? Being able to keep Threshold's Mages on bay seems kind of relevant to me. Being able to swing for the 2-4 damage needed to win against discard seems important to me. Being able to tutor up LED for more consistency is relevant; you act as if Trinket mage is only a Grizzly Bear. Swinging does come into play if you were an established combo player you'd of all people know this, against control the game is often dragged out. Trinket Mage is a must answer, if they let Mage chip away at them they will lose.

Therapy vs. Duress once again you didn't give reasons, Can you count? 3x Trinket Mage and 3x Xantid Swarm does not equal 6. Back to kindergarten 3+3=6, 3+1=4, 2+2= 4. Therapy vs. Duress is more of a preference; anyways Therapy names Force of Will 70% of the time, Duress can only grab 1 Force where Therapy can grab more, not to mention you can use it twice.

Draw power is certainly not necessary; I can have it in my opening hand. After all 1/6th of the deck are tutors. Plunge is certainly a tutor, plunge to 18-19 seems like a rather large chunk of Library to me. If you consider Spoils of the Vault a tutor then you're a hypocrite.

Diminishing Returns once again you didn't state your position; I'm starting to notice a theme.
    Combo shouldn't want to drag the game out against Threshold. It wants to win as fast as it possibly can. Using 3 mana 2/2 creatures that find a card that produces 3 mana is far worse than playing a 1-2 casting cost something or other that actually does something relevant.

Sorry, I forgot you ran Swarm main, and you are wrong, opinions don't come into play when Therapy can hit NOTHING when Duress will hit something. This makes Duress better. And playing 6 creatures does not advocate Therapies inclusion because the odds of you drawing a therapy and a creature and it actually mattering all in one game are very slim.

You CAN have it in your opening hand. But if you don't, then you have to mulligan. The odds of you not having a tutor in your opening hand are actually more than Nausea drawing 3-4 Egg hands.

Meditate is better because it cost 1 less, can be played at instant speed, doensn't fill Threshold players hands up with more counters, and doesn't get rid of your threshold for Cabal Rituals. All of this and you have to have at least 5-6 mana when casting a Diminishing Returns so that you are able to play a Ritual afterwards, and if you tutored for it that turns into 7-8 mana. This seems highly unlikely without Helm.

Bryant Cook

Combo shouldn't want to drag the game out against Threshold. It wants to win as fast as it possibly can. Using 3 mana 2/2 creatures that find a card that produces 3 mana is far worse than playing a 1-2 casting cost something or other that actually does something relevant.

Sorry, I forgot you ran Swarm main, and you are wrong, opinions don't come into play when Therapy can hit NOTHING when Duress will hit something. This makes Duress better. And playing 6 creatures does not advocate Therapies inclusion because the odds of you drawing a therapy and a creature and it actually mattering all in one game are very slim.

You CAN have it in your opening hand. But if you don't, then you have to mulligan. The odds of you not having a tutor in your opening hand are actually more than Nausea drawing 3-4 Egg hands.

Meditate is better because it cost 1 less, can be played at instant speed, doensn't fill Threshold players hands up with more counters, and doesn't get rid of your threshold for Cabal Rituals. All of this and you have to have at least 5-6 mana when casting a Diminishing Returns so that you are able to play a Ritual afterwards, and if you tutored for it that turns into 7-8 mana. This seems highly unlikely without Helm.
    1.) Your absolutely right it, it shouldn’t want to but it happens. That is something you can't control. TES is more prepared for it than Nausea, if Nausea goes into mid to late game it can't win where TES can. What do you have that costs 1-2 and is relevant? An egg? I drew a card but it doesn't increase your position against Threshold. Helm of Awakening? Ok, why not let's make Threshold's spells cost less when Nausea doesn't play protection.

2.) Once again you're wrong, if I have Xantid I don't need Therapy unless I want it to increase storm by two. That's something Duress can't do. If Therapy misses on Force of Will guess what? Doesn't matter I'll be winning that turn. I would play Therapy over Duress if I ran 0 creatures just because it nails 2 Force of Will against control where as if it were Duress they still have a Force.

3.) If I don't have a Tutor in my hand I can always Mulligan, wait until I do draw one, or well use a Returns, Tendrils, Grapeshot or Empty the Warrens. Not having a tutor in your opening hand is not the end of the game. Tutors are generally in your opening hand since your opening hand is 7 or 8 after the draw leaving you with about 50 cards and you play 10 tutors which is a 6th of your deck and a 5th of your deck is left. Your chances are pretty good of drawing one after that if you don't have one.

4.) Meditate costing 1 less is almost irrelevant, TES can generate more mana than Nausea can and more consistently. Being played at instant speed doesn’t matter while you're in mid-combo and Time Walks EOT. The deck plays Xantid Swarm you're better off playing it on your turn because of this. Threshold on Rituals hurts a little but 7 cards makes up for it since TES has more ways of generating mana besides Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual. Once again 7-8 mana doesn't matter the deck creates more mana than Nausea. TES doesn't need to have mana floating; you could play a land, Lotus petal or Chrome Mox that's a possible 18 ways of making mana without mana floating. Helm of Awakening just isn't needed, it was in previous lists but the deck is more consistent and faster without it.

Refuses to Play Inconsistent Decks
    Oct 2006

Has any thought been given to Tinder Wall? Seems like it would be great in this deck.

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Anybody have any troubles with keeping opening hands? I'm a very unstable Combo player, but I'm trying. This deck is not like Solidarity, where you play a few cantrips to find lands/business spells. Everything is in the opening hand. But sometimes, Infernal Tutor and Plunge can assemble those pieces as well, grabbling mana when you already have more than enough Tutors in hand. Grabbing disruption to protect your combo isnt a bad play either.

Has anyone ever went through this?

Also, how do you play versus Thresh? I heard Empty the Warrens is good. How do you play versus Thresh Game 1?

I play it versus Thresh game 1 like IGGy. I sit back, gather a ton of Ritual effects, and go double Tendrils. If they have Mage down on Tendrils, I'll go B-Wish -> Empty the Warrens.

I want to hear your thoughts on this, because this play might be flawed...
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Bryant Cook

The thing about Rite of Flame and Seething Song are they actully get you off the ground. You can cast multiple "Red Rituals" off of one another where Tinderwall deals with the sideeffect of being green. While Tinderwall has the ability to block with is huge I don't think it is worth a slot over Rite of Flame.
    Rite of Flame || Tinderwall || Mana Produced
    1 1 2|2
    2 2 5|4
    3 3 9|6
    4 4 14|8
    The mana produced off of Rite of Flame does matter in numbers because of the chances of drawing 2 or 3. Often I will Infernal for Rite of Flame as a set-up or in Mid-Combo because it will eventually create more mana than Dark Ritual.

EDIT:: That sucked. Eh, anywho I didn't realize WhiteGhost posted.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

It's all good, you did a better job elaborating then I did.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Anti~American4621 View Post
    Anybody have any troubles with keeping opening hands? I'm a very unstable Combo player, but I'm trying. This deck is not like Solidarity, where you play a few cantrips to find lands/business spells. Everything is in the opening hand. But sometimes, Infernal Tutor and Plunge can assemble those pieces as well, grabbling mana when you already have more than enough Tutors in hand. Grabbing disruption to protect your combo isnt a bad play either.

Has anyone ever went through this?

Also, how do you play versus Thresh? I heard Empty the Warrens is good. How do you play versus Thresh Game 1?

I play it versus Thresh game 1 like IGGy. I sit back, gather a ton of Ritual effects, and go double Tendrils. If they have Mage down on Tendrils, I'll go B-Wish -> Empty the Warrens.

I want to hear your thoughts on this, because this play might be flawed...
    I've been recently testing more and more with different match-ups and have hated Cabal Therapy in my opening hands. Every time I see it I wish it was something better. But I've very hesitant because it helps out the Threshold match-up, but what else helps out the Threshold Match-up? Consistency, to add consistency I've cut Cabal Therapy. But what has been the deck's weak point? Not having a tutor in the opening hand. So I cut 2 Cabal Therapy for 1 Infernal Tutor (Taken from the sideboard) and 1 Plunge into Darkness. If you raise the treat density of the deck the deck will be more consistent and with more threats and more consistency you have better match-ups. The more tutors you have against Threshold the stronger your hand will be, but now you’re asking but don't you have less protection for your threats? Well I didn't want to take away protection without adding some and it came down to main decking one more piece of protection either a Defense Grid or another Xantid Swarm. I choose Xantid Swarm because it leaves a surprise element for Defense Grid post sideboard. But what to cut? The deck is tighter than Virgin Mary. I decided that cutting strong mana sources was out of the question, along with tutors(I consider Trinket Mage a tutor) it came down to Seething Song. Well now there's an empty slot in the sideboard so I decided why not move a Therapy to the SB for Solidarity to ensure a win and not false hope. This solves the no tutor in your opening hand problem.

The Threshold match-up comes down to a few things...
    1.) How broken is my hand?
    2.) Do I have Xantid Swarm?
    3.) When is the fastest possible win?
    4.) Do I have Tendrils/Empty the Warrens/Grapeshot (Cards with Storm)?
    5.) How many tutors are in my hand and how do I correctly use them?
    These are all things you should be asking yourself.

1.) If your hand is broken go for the quick win, if it is not stretch for the long run and prepare for a longer game.
    2.) If yes play it turn one on the play. On the draw if you have 2 lands play it on turn 2, if you have it turn 1 on the draw and have Chrome Mox/Lotus Petal play them first no need to throw away a piece of protection on a Force Spike.
    3.) This goes along with number 1, if you can win fast do so. If your opponent plays turn 2 Meddling Mage, guess what? Now is your time. Win with Empty the Warrens because they can't deal with it. Whenever Threshold taps out(or enough) is the time to go for it. If they don't they will lose because it becomes a war of attrition, draw go, draw go. Here you play small pieces such as Lotus Petals and Lion's Eye Diamonds. While doing this gather tutors and Storm cards. Because if you have enough tutors and mana sources (Rituals, artifact mana and lands) you will overwhelm them. As for this idea being "Flawed' I disagree building up tutors and mana(Storm Cards if you have them) is not incredibly hard.
    4.) If you have a Tendrils of Agony or Empty the Warrens in your opening 7, I'd give it another thought on keeping it if you're going to mulligan. Those 2 cards in your oppenign hand will more than likely win you the game with a lot more ease.
    5.) Tutors, tutors, and tutors I can't say it enough the more of these you have the more likely you will win the game against Threshold.

Also opening post was updated to include the most current list.

Oct 2006

I'd sooner cut the maindeck grapeshot then the 3rd seething song. In my testing I've found the maindeck grapeshot almost completely unnecessary, even against meddling mage.

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

It's not suppose to aim at Mage completely. Sometimes, Grapeshot is just reach for your Empty the Warrens or just to go Grapeshot -> Tendrils can give you some reach with the sotmr count of 7 (Storm of 6 on Grapeshot, 7 on Tendrils). Also, you choose your targets with the new Storm copies, so it can also give you reach while hitting Mage.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Oct 2006

Theoretically it is useful... but in my experience of 30 or so games against salvagers, gobos, solidarity, and a bit of thresh I've either imprinted it on chrome mox or wished it was something else.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

I'm not so sure if it's come up yet, but I've always loved the addition of Recoup to any storm deck able to use red mana. Have you done any testing with one instance of it maindeck, instead of or in addition to the one in the sideboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

@Wastedlife. About your sideboard, why are you running Rebuild instead of something that you could tutor for, like Shatterstorm? Also why cleanfall instead of tranquility, or tranquil domain?
    info.ninja

Bryant Cook

I wouldn't cut Grapeshot it is too good to be cut. I don't think the deck will miss 1 Seething Song too much. Grapeshot serves more purposes than Seething song.

I have tested recoup it is too mana intensive to really use it, you will need 14 mana in your mana pool and I'll be able to Consume Spirit them out by then. It's just a win-more card is what it comes down to.

Rebuild is played because of Dumb cards(Chalice of the Void and Trinisphere) and well I don't play Shatterstorm because it will hurt me more than it will hurt them. I will be using too many resources just to kill Chalice while Shattering Spree does the same thing without hurting me. A Rebuild end of turn will more than likely win you games vs. Chalice and dekcs like 5/3 and Stax. Cleanfall = Tranquility with a different name, there's no difference in this deck whatsoever. Tranquil domain is an instant. I know Rebuild is an instant but artifacts are alot more prevalent.

Also opening post updated once again for newer card choices and decklist. It also includes more on Trinket Mage.

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Well, if artifacts are more prevalent then shouldnt you have a tutorable answer for game 1? A 3cc sorcery that kills multiple artifacts would be nice to have for an option. What about Seeds of Innocence? Is the GG in the casting cost + life gain too prohibitive?
    info.ninja

Thread Information