5-6) Adam Barnello (Mr. Nightmare) - 10
    7) Anwar Ahmad (AnwarA101) - 8
    8-10) Dan Spero (Bardo) - 7
    8-10) Nick Trudeau (NickVo$) - 7
    8-10) Jack Elgin (TheInfamousBearAssasin) - 7

On the Bubble:
    Eric Darland (Sexy_Rector) - 6
    Brian Diefendorf (Ewokslayer) - 6

Congratulations to this year's winners, and thanks to all who voted!
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-08-2006 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: [Results] 2006 LEGACY ALL STAR TEAM

Very cool. Recognition deserved.

I think The Source should do this every December.

BUT I believe it would have way more appeal if it wasn't so clearly centered around people who live in NE US.

Is there no way to cast a wider net?

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Very cool. Recognition deserved.

I think The Source should do this every December.

BUT I believe it would have way more appeal if it wasn't so clearly centered around people who live in NE US.

Is there no way to cast a wider net?
    Everyone on the site had the opportunity to vote. If you don't, how can you complain of a bias to the voting?

Please read my signature.

Jul 2004

I'd like to thank everybody who voted for me and a meaningful 'I know where you live to those' who didn't. Also, I suppose a grudging congratulations is in order to Machinus. Even though I've won WAY more than him. :) Nah, he's a great guy and I don't mind losing to him. Although, if we ever play (preferably with some duals on the line), then we can see who comes out on top. Oh yeah, and a congratulations to everyone else who made it. Except for Jesse and Herbig. Those guys suck. I hate them. Herbig's a decent guy and I don't hate him as much as I hate Jesse. Jesse sucks. And is gay. In the 'boy-liking way'. Man, I FUCKING HATE THAT GUY.
    For the foreseeable future, expect to see less of me. I've lost my internet connection, and so I'll only be able to get on by siphoning free Wi-Fi from the surrounding areas. Which isn't always consistent.

Plus, the guy that I used to leech off of has now instituted password protection. This means that I effectively do not have internet at home. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Deep6er View Post
    I'd like to thank everybody who voted for me and a meaningful 'I know where you live to those' who didn't. Also, I suppose a grudging congratulations is in order to Machinus. Even though I've won WAY more than him. :) Nah, he's a great guy and I don't mind losing to him. Although, if we ever play (preferably with some duals on the line), then we can see who comes out on top. Oh yeah, and a congratulations to everyone else who made it. Except for Jesse and Herbig. Those guys suck. I hate them. Herbig's a decent guy and I don't hate him as much as I hate Jesse. Jesse sucks. And is gay. In the 'boy-liking way'. Man, I FUCKING HATE THAT GUY.
    At least Jesse has a cool avatar...

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

No need to get defensive, Adam. The idea was a good one. I did not vote because it would have been pointless. I do not begrudge you your fun.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    No need to get defensive, Adam. The idea was a good one. I did not vote because it would have been pointless. I do not begrudge you your fun.
    Rest assured, I'm not being defensive. I'm just answering the question.
    Q - How do we get less NE bias?
    A - Encourage a more geographically diverse pool of voters.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Finn
    Since this was a thread for tourney performance and most of the major 1.5 tourneys are held in the NE, it follows that there will be a regional bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Thinking of this in terms of "only tournaments matter" pretty much exlude IBA and people like me.
    It sounds like you are declining the nomination and IBA is banned so that excludes him from participating in a sanctioned tournament.
    So, I guess Sexy-Rector and me make the team.
    Woot.

@ Mr. Nightmare
    You spelled my name wrong.
    Brian Deifendorf (Ewokslayer) - 6
    Should be Diefendorf

First Anusien and now you. Is my name really that much harder to spell than everyone else’s?

May 2005

Wow, I got a lot of votes. Thanks guys.

And I love you too Gearbear!

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer View Post
    Is my name really that much harder to spell than everyone else’s?
    Yes. I'll try to remember that your name starts with 'die.'

Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    And I love you too Gearbear!
    Does that mean he has a magical tatto of gears on his belly?

Do all the other All Stars?

That would be pretty cool.

In a crappy pathetic 80s cartoon sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare
    Yes. I'll try to remember that your name starts with 'die.'
    I just realized how many actual words can be spelled with just the first 3-4 letters of the All Stars' last names. I guess it is fitting that yours starts with Bar. Of course, now all I can think of is skipping out of work early and grabbing a Guinness.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

It sounds like you are declining the nomination and IBA is banned so that excludes him from participating in a sanctioned tournament.
    Sure. Is there really anything on the line here? I thought this was a fun little exercise.

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

@ Mr. Nightmare
    You spelled my name wrong.

Should be Diefendorf

First Anusien and now you. Is my name really that much harder to spell than everyone else’s?
    Don't feel bad Brian my last name was misspelled as well. It should be Ahmad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Sure. Is there really anything on the line here? I thought this was a fun little exercise.
    Humble and Logical?

Those don't seem right in a Magic Forum.

I think you are suppose to respond like:

Quote Originally Posted by Deep6er
    Now that is the kinda post one expects to see in a Magic Forum.

Don't feel bad Brian my last name was misspelled as well. It should be Ahmad.
    I don't feel bad at all.
    Heck, my cell phone company still can't spell my FIRST name right after like 5 damn years.

Jun 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Actually Dave, I've done pretty well at Magic tournaments. I've won multiple pieces of power, drains, etc, and obviously lots of cash and duals. But this isn't about our egos right? I will admit that yours is bigger. You win!

Regarding the SCG duals status for everyone else: Jacob refused to split with me in July (even after I beat him in the swiss), so that puts me five behind Dave for total duals won at SCG. I expect to remedy this problem at the next D4D (I know what Deep6er is going to be playing!). Also, keep your eye on Eric Darland - at only five behind me, he could easily take the lead.

To everyone who voted - I appreciate the gesture.

Please read my signature.

Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Machinus View Post
    Actually Dave, I've done pretty well at Magic tournaments. I've won multiple pieces of power, drains, etc, and obviously lots of cash and duals. But this isn't about our egos right? I will admit that yours is bigger. You win!

Regarding the SCG duals status for everyone else: Jacob refused to split with me in July (even after I beat him in the swiss), so that puts me five behind Dave for total duals won at SCG. I expect to remedy this problem at the next D4D (I know what Deep6er is going to be playing!). Also, keep your eye on Eric Darland - at only five behind me, he could easily take the lead.

To everyone who voted - I appreciate the gesture.
    I'm sorry, when I said I won the most, I was referring to Legacy and in the US. I'm almost positive that I've won the most in the Legacy events of anybody in the US. Sorry, should have cleared that up. Also, drunk face won't be winning anymore. He's lost his surprise factor. Everyone knows he's coming. Anyway, I'll beat you everytime as you're much less likely to go to EVERY D4D.
    For the foreseeable future, expect to see less of me. I've lost my internet connection, and so I'll only be able to get on by siphoning free Wi-Fi from the surrounding areas. Which isn't always consistent.

Plus, the guy that I used to leech off of has now instituted password protection. This means that I effectively do not have internet at home. :(

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Deep6er View Post
    Anyway, I'll beat you everytime as you're much less likely to go to EVERY D4D.
    It must be nice to live in Virginia. Minus all the Calosso, of course.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Apparently not voting for myself isn't enough to quell the awesomeness that is Jack Elgin. Nonetheless, between getting myself banned and not actually doing much in the year '06 itself, besides play more copies of Loxodon Warhammer at a pro tour than anyone else, I abdicate my mighty and most of all, completely relevant and not in any way meaningless and masteubatory position.

Eric and the Dief are both great guys, so I recommend that they be forced to fight to the death as a tiebreaker.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Ewokslayer
    Humble and Logical?

Those don't seem right in a Magic Forum.
    Quick, ban me before my good manners become contagious!

Thread Information