Thread: [Article] The Legacy Metagame Pt. One:Vial Goblins

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

[Article] The Legacy Metagame Pt. One:Vial Goblins

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=7249

By Jon Jansen at Brainburst.

FLAME ON!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Re: [Article] The Legacy Metagame Pt. One:Vial Goblins

I hate the fact he has no Disenchants in the Board, I hate the fact he sides out a friggin' Matron against Thresh, and I hate how his Sideboard looks like shit. Also back to the siding out a Matron against Thresh.... cards like Matron gives you board advantage.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

no disenchant, no tinkerer, I've played in one legacy event and I could write a better goblins article than this.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Kiki-Jiki over third SGC... And some weird fixation at 3-of and 2-of SB-cards (honestly, you'd want at least 4 Pyrokinesis if that's your mirror tech...), including Needle which I still don't know, what it comes in against? Survival? And if Sharpshooter is so amazing winning games by itself, wtf is it doing on the SB? And yea, splashing for StP?! Let's weaken mirror just to get a good removal-spell, since red has none.

I appreciate the effort, but the list is honestly something... I just wait with horror when GP: Columbus is flooded with this particular Goblins-build and the deck doesn't finish at all and gets written off all because of one article.

Then there's this golden rule: "Against other aggro decks, or aggro-control decks, remember YOU are the beat down, because if you aren't, then you probably are losing or have just lost the game." which manages to forget all about the fact that you are the one playing Fact or Fiction and Demonic Tutor in an aggro-deck, not your opponent. It even manages to claim control to be a bad MU game 1 (which it generally isn't) and somehow magically becomes better post-board, even though that build sports nothing to bring in! And then there's something wrong with siding out removal in the mirror. I personally side out Piledrivers first there, as it's not like they'd ever connect unless you're already winning anyways.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Why side in Sharpshooter against Solidarity? Wouldn't Pithing needle naming Flooded Strand be a stronger play?

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

I thought Chalice would be a sexier play against Solidarity, but I guess you have to be running it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

It's good to write and get more information out, it's just also as important to be correct and complete.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Thread Information