Thread: Getting my brother to play magic.

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

Getting my brother to play magic.

My brother is at the age where I started to suck less at Magic. I'd like him to play, but he doesn't want to and I can't figure out why. Any suggestions?

Banned
    Mar 2006
    Lake Of Fire and Brimstone

Re: Getting my brother to play magic.

I've experienced that same thing with my brother. I tried to teach him to play when he was around 13 but he never liked it. Too much of a jock I guess, he fuckin loves sports and is very athletic.

D1 Athlete
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse

It's not for everyone. Jocks play it too (you're talking to a section champ/ranked shotput/discus/wrestler) My bro actually got me started when I was younger, but he actually dropped it for sports. I sorta do on and off, but that's because highschool can be tough on kids especially kids who wrestle or play magic. Obviously the combination would be devestating to ones emotional well being. I suggest to not push you're brother, maybe start him in some other tcg and slowly bring him into the fold.
    Si, I like cereal.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

I got a friend of mine to start playing and he's a military reservist, sports freak, and your typical woman chaser. Totally not the type. If that guy can start and enjoy it, anyone can.

Than again, you might be saving himself the pain of not being able to afford cards. This game isn't cheap when you're into it.

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    I got a friend of mine to start playing and he's a military reservist, sports freak, and your typical woman chaser. Totally not the type. If that guy can start and enjoy it, anyone can.

Than again, you might be saving himself the pain of not being able to afford cards. This game isn't cheap when you're into it.
    He would use my cards for a while. I have quite a few decks. Once he turns 16 he'll start working, 1-2 paychecks can buy a deck.

Banned
    Mar 2006

Quote Originally Posted by edgewalker View Post
    It's not for everyone. Jocks play it too (you're talking to a section champ/ranked shotput/discus/wrestler) My bro actually got me started when I was younger, but he actually dropped it for sports. I sorta do on and off, but that's because highschool can be tough on kids especially kids who wrestle or play magic. Obviously the combination would be devestating to ones emotional well being. I suggest to not push you're brother, maybe start him in some other tcg and slowly bring him into the fold.
    Heh, I guess my bro is too cool to play Magic.

Aug 2006
    Omaha

Probably because it's nerdy as all hell.

Banned
    Mar 2006

Quote Originally Posted by mikekelley View Post
    Probably because it's nerdy as all hell.
    LOL. Exactly my point.

Thread Information