Thread: [Article] The Legacy Metagame, Part 2

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

[Article] The Legacy Metagame, Part 2

Linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Whether it was intended or not, Legacy is the fruition of the Time Spiral aesthetic: where all of the great decks from Extended seasons past come back from the dead to settle ancient grudges and face arch-nemeses they haven't seen in years. Drama aside, be aware that Legacy is either exhilaratingly random or frustratingly random, depending on your attitude.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

Re: [Article] The Legacy Metagame, Part 2

Very, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo
    Drama aside, be aware that Legacy is either exhilaratingly random or frustratingly random, depending on your attitude.
    Well said.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

Another great article, Bardo. Thanks for keeping up the good work.

I also really liked the line quoted above. Most of the time I find it pretty fun to face random stuff (with manabases more expensive then some type two decks, of course), but some weeks it is just frustrating.
    InfoNinjas

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Bardo I'm not sure you realize this but I think the number of players you have for The Mana Leak Open is not correct. From what was posted on The Source there were over 100 players there. I don't believe all the decklists were posted. I sent a message to Anusien about this, but I never received a response. I'm not sure what happened to all the decklists, but only the first 52 were posted.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by AnwarA101 View Post
    Bardo I'm not sure you realize this but I think the number of players you have for The Mana Leak Open is not correct.
    Ah, thanks. I didn't realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTroll
    Most of the time I find it pretty fun to face random stuff (with manabases more expensive then some type two decks, of course), but some weeks it is just frustrating.
    Yeah, I like sitting down across from some dude at one of our local tournaments and having no idea what I'll be facing. People play all sorts of awful junk. :) But the surprise factor is a lot of fun.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

This is probably one of the most well-written and coherent articles about Legacy, or possibly anything, I've ever read. God bless the unstupid.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Cardboard Messiah
    Jan 2006
    East Syracuse, NY

This almost makes me want to play again.

Good Job.
    Sexy

Please read my signature.

Jul 2004

First off, good job and such. Although, less of the publicity for difficult matchups would be cool. Secondly, I noticed a distinct lack of David Gearhart. Which, as everyone knows, makes articles better. This is, in addition to, his obvious Awesomeness as a person which (while obvious to many) should be broadcast to the masses.... wait, I forgot what I was talking about.... Oh, congratulations on the article even though the major omissions caused it to be far less spectacular than it could have been.

LOLZ. I'm so awesome. :)
    For the foreseeable future, expect to see less of me. I've lost my internet connection, and so I'll only be able to get on by siphoning free Wi-Fi from the surrounding areas. Which isn't always consistent.

Plus, the guy that I used to leech off of has now instituted password protection. This means that I effectively do not have internet at home. :(

rating is higher than yours
    Sep 2006
    Rachacha, NY

Its ok Dave my mono blue deck was on there instead.

Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Ta Jugs View Post
    Its ok Dave my mono blue deck was on there instead.
    It's because he felt really bad for how much less awesome you are than I am and decided to throw you a bone. :)
    For the foreseeable future, expect to see less of me. I've lost my internet connection, and so I'll only be able to get on by siphoning free Wi-Fi from the surrounding areas. Which isn't always consistent.

Plus, the guy that I used to leech off of has now instituted password protection. This means that I effectively do not have internet at home. :(

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Deep6er View Post
    Secondly, I noticed a distinct lack of David Gearhart. Which, as everyone knows, makes articles better.
    QFT. A lack of David Gearthart certainly does make articles better.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Oh Snap, Lich!
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Army_Man View Post
    QFT. A lack of David Gearthart certainly does make articles better.
    You see, that would hurt if it was coming from someone who didn't play decks created by Jack Elgin. That obviously shows a complete lack of both judgement and sanity.

Are you the real Batman?
    Jun 2006
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Deep6er View Post
    "coming from someone who didn't play decks created by Jack Elgin. That obviously shows a complete lack of both judgement and sanity."
    QFT
    This is my Signature

Thread Information