Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TML Open 2 (Two Day Extravaganza) March 3,4, 2007

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Re: TML Open 2 (Two Day Extravaganza) March 3,4, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare View Post
    I have a German Armageddon that's yours.
    Oh right, yeah. Consider that my membership fee into EPIC Seriously though, I'll be playing that at this thing if I can get a ride. Are you going to play a deck that is mauled by it?

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Army_Man View Post
    Oh right, yeah. Consider that my membership fee into EPIC
    I don't think you could handle the gangrape initiation. Herbig has a HUGE cock.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Sigh.

I have to choose between this and two-headed giant states.

Normally this would'nt be a choice, except I and many others are trying to get points for both byes at GP boston and building towards a rating for the 2 headed PT San Diego later in May.

Two-headed states is basically a feeder tourney for GP Boston.
    I don't think a worse date could have been picked unless it actually fell on GP Boston itself. =(

So that's my (and many other locals I've talked to) dilemma. I suspect you'll get alot of out of towners but will get hit significantly on the local player numbers. CT/RI/MA players will be hitting states hard and fast I suspect.

I hope I'm wrong and you get a nice turnout, because the mana leak is a great tourney. I'm going to significantly weigh my options and will try to make this if possible.

Good Luck Ray.

- Dave Feinstein

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    I don't think you could handle the gangrape initiation. Herbig has a HUGE cock.
    It didn't feel that big last time I had it in my mouth.

JuJu on TMD and #TMD
    Feb 2007

I was going to go to Geneseo, but this seems alot better, and more people I know will be there. So, yeah, going to this instead. Awesome prize support Ray. If any canadians are going, PM me and I'll see if we can work something out.

Also, mad hang outs <3<3

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Army_Man View Post
    It didn't feel that big last time I had it in my mouth.
    If only this were funny. If only.

I am one who would prefer to go to both days of this and 2HG states as well. If you do switch it, you could push it up a week to 2/24-2/25 (which, according to my very brief investigation into tournaments in the northeastern area, would conflict only with a Baltimore PTQ) or 3/11-12 (Rochester PTQ) or 3/18-19 (Milford PTQ).

Just suggestions, of course, but put me down for finding another weekend to facilitate 2HG.

A

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

I was going to go to Geneseo, but this seems alot better, and more people I know will be there. So, yeah, going to this instead. Awesome prize support Ray. If any canadians are going, PM me and I'll see if we can work something out
    Dude, that's like 2 weeks prior to this event. Unless it's a matter of funding or something, there's no reason you shouldn't be at that tournament. :p

Just so people don't think it is some conspiracy if they notice a difference in what the point prize structure was when this thing was first posted and now, let me explain.

I was driving home from a tournament yesterday and realized that I didn't work the cost of three all day employees/judges into my prize structure. It was for that reason that I could easily have lost money on the day when you consider all the prizes(including side prizes and Magic Trivia, etc) that I am doing.

For that reason, I knocked most of the prize amounts down by about $10-$15. What does this mean? Well, you might only get 520 points instead of 535 points. Something like that.

I hope you all understand that this is simply in the interest of allowing me to be able to hold more of these events in the future. Without a business backing, after all, I can't really suck up a loss to easily on something I do as a hobby.

Ray

ALSO...The group room rate is set up.

Call the Ramada at 203-375-8866 and ask for the card tournament room block for March 2 and 3. The room rate is $69 and all you have to do is reserve a room(s) with a credit card. There are only 10 rooms available at this point so act soon to ensure close lodgings.

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Iamfishman View Post
    ALSO...The group room rate is set up.

Call the Ramada at 203-375-8866 and ask for the card tournament room block for March 2 and 3. The room rate is $69 and all you have to do is reserve a room(s) with a credit card. There are only 10 rooms available at this point so act soon to ensure close lodgings.
    What type of room? Just for 1 person or multiple people ?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Ray- Your prize structure is incredibly generous, even after the modification. I don't think people will have any problem with you making sure that you aren't in the hole after one of these. We are very appreciative of all the work you do! Plus, we definitely want them to continue :) The first one was great!

JuJu on TMD and #TMD
    Feb 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Dude, that's like 2 weeks prior to this event. Unless it's a matter of funding or something, there's no reason you shouldn't be at that tournament. :p
    Problem actually is the funding, living in Quebec (i.e 6 hours away from Geneseo and Stratford) means its a pretty heavy cost to go. If I had the money, I probably wouldn't be in Quebec in the first place ;)

I have gotten the following to add into the prize bank:

Signed Beta Ancestral Recall
    3 Sea Drakes
    1 English Reset
    1 Italian Reset
    2 Tundra
    6 Underground Sea
    4 Force of Will
    5 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Cursed Scroll
    3 Mox Diamond
    3 Chalice of the Void
    3 Intuition
    8 Leyline of the Void
    10 Ichorid
    3 Midirection
    3 Cunning Wish
    8 Meditate
    4 Pernicious Deed
    6 Survival of the Fittest
    4 Food Chain
    4 Call of the Herd
    4 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Akroma Angel of Wrath
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Wooded Foothills
    6 Rishidian Port

Sep 2005
    Buffalo

I love you.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

The prize support just gets better and better!

Quote Originally Posted by Iamfishman View Post
    4 Food Chain
    This, to me, seems like the most random addition to the list. You should probably add some Myojins just in case I think the Raven Familiar nonsense one is probably viable, hmm...

It almost looks like my binder.
    The return of a Legend(in his own words)

BigBear and I are going, but I had some problems getting the desk chick to believe me that there is a discount. Are all ten rooms filled already?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

I still want to go to this, and still don't have a ride and/or place to stay. Thoughts anyone?

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

Ray,

Possible additions to the prize pool could be foil stuff. Legacy staples that are pimp, like foil fetches or something. Also maybe unlimited/FBB duals and stuff like that. Not that I expect you to get a lot of stuff at this point seeing it is less than 2 weeks away, but that stuff would be cool.
    EPIC Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.
    -I don't think this one was a joke...

Thread Information