Thread: TES- The fucked out of top 8 story

Bryant Cook

TES- The fucked out of top 8 story

Last edited by Bryant Cook; 09-23-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Feb 2006
    NJ

Re: TES- The fucked out of top 8 story

Nice report it's to bad that you didn't make T8 but it seemed like the deck you had to beat in round 6 would be hard for a combo deck. I played against him the round before with Goblins and saw Counterspell, FoW, Stifle, and I think Duress. While Goblins doesn't care all that much about these cards the combination of that much hate must have been very difficult to fight through.

One note about the report in your round 1 & 6 matchups you don't say the cards that you bring in. If I had to hazard a guess I think it was +4 Dark Confidant because in both of the post-board matches you mention drawing him. If you end up going to TML Open 2 hopefully you'll have more luck there.

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Nice. It's hard playing around Stifles, and it takes practice. I need to start doing that because I am having an awful time right now doing that. I had to Chain D. Returns just to play around it. I'm glad your good at it. Good job!

And dammit, go to the TML Open for me dammit! I wont be there, but just go man! I'm sure you'll have a great time bashing face there, and winning of course.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Sep 2005
    new jersey

Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    Turn two, I play Dark Ritual, Petal, and then LED in response he Chant’s me. I’m holding Infernal and I think to myself “AWESOME! He did it at the wrong time! I’ll returns into the win now.”
    I believe that's the correct play since I had no Wrath and if the next play is EtW for 8, I lose. I'm not entirely sure on that though because I was anxious I wouldn't get priority again.

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

8 Goblins on Turn 1 was fucking l33t! I didn't board E. Plague because I had no idea TES could rock out like that on Turn 1. I shoulda ran Cabal Therapy like Anwar. TES is pretty damn powerful, I must say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Congrats on the finish i will also be shortly puting up a mini-report.

Thread Information