Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Discussion] TES vs. IGGy Pop - Which deck is stronger?

Re: [Discussion] TES vs. IGGy Pop - Which deck is stronger?

I don't think Nausea was ever "championed" anywhere. Ridiculed yes, championed no.

TES is not an updated Nausea. Yes they have similarities but so do all Survival decks, that doesn't make them the same, or mean they play the same. If anything, TES is an updated version of Bryant's various attempts at making a Tendrils deck (see Shlong, etc).

As for the Source v Mana Drain thing.
    Perhaps the reason there was not much talk in the original Iggy Pop thread (which existed before you bane) was because the posts in there were stupid so the creator of the deck stopped posting there and only posted "tech" in the mana drain thread. The same can be said of our Solidarity thread which is really the only useful Solidarity thread on the internet. It isn't a sign of dislike between the sites it is just "market forces" driving people to the site that doesn't suck for that particular conversation.

Now on to the actual topic.

I have tested at various times Iggy Pop, TES, Nausea, and The Janky Storm (damn the last two were hard to admit to).

I don't particular find TES all that hard to play. You cast spells, generate mana and then play a storm card. Yes Wasteland can be an issue but TES is also capable of winning without playing a land, so that must be considered.

Burning Wish gives the deck so much versatility and utility which I don't think can be stressed enough. Yes, it does limit your sideboard to a degree; but this is a combo deck. How much space do you actually have to board cards in? Unless you are trying for a transformational sideboard which Iggy Pop has done on occasion; those spaces are wasted (i.e. E-Plague in Iggy Pop's board)

The speed and tutor issues are other important points.
    Iggy Pop has more powerful tutors/draw (Brainstorm, Intuition, Infernal, Mystical) to TES (Brainstorm, Wish, Infernal, Plunge) but one set of them cost 3 mana. I have never liked Intution in Iggy Pop and was so thankful when Infernal Tutor got printed. However, I believe that having Intuition in Iggy Pop slows it down glacially.

Overall I believe TES to be the better deck in terms of raw power and I don't believe that it has much in the way of consistancy issues when compared to Iggy Pop. Whether it is better in a specific metagame is unknown and can't be known until matchup analysis is performed for both decks and the metagame can be defined, which considering over 40% of the decks at a tournament are "random" isn't going to be anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    Whats that have to do with TES vs. IGGy?
    It establishes the history of the source promoting an in house dark ritual deck over iggy pop.

Given TES is a thoroughbred when compared to the syphalitic mule that was nausea, but the behavior of promoting in house decks while discounting strong decks from outside is a patttern that seems to repeat itslef often on the source and I believe is very relevant to this topic.

clear now?
    Last edited by blarknob; 03-02-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: made it clear I was not responding to ewokslayer

Quote Originally Posted by blarknob View Post
    It establishes a the history of the source promoting an in house dark ritual deck over iggy pop.

Given TES is a thoroughbred when compared to the syphalitic mule that was nausea, but the behavior of promoting in house decks while discounting strong decks from outside is a patttern that seems to repeat itslef often on the source and I believe is very relevant to this topic.

clear now?
    Except for the part where I said
    I don't think Nausea was ever "championed" anywhere. Ridiculed yes, championed no.
    Just because Evil Roopey liked the deck doesn't mean the Source did.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Quote Originally Posted by bane_of_the_living View Post
    When I refered to Golden Grahams and Iggy on The Mana Drain, I was implying that a rival site is obviously pushing decks they personally see to have caliber. They do. The difference between what The Source considers a DTB and The Mana Drain dumbfounds me. Your doing the same thing here with TES. It took the deck like a week to move from N&D to Open, and its had only one strong showing across the globe. Whatever, I think the deck belongs there. I think it has very obvious benifits over IGGy, and vise versa. But when you decide to say "IM MR NIGHTMARE AND I KNOW IGGY POP IS STRICTLY INFERIOR TO MY TEAMS NEW DECK".. Prepare to get steamrolled by disbelief. Iggy has shown numbers, your deck hasnt. Fix that and Im sure you'll see a change in opinion.
    It's about time to lock this thread and to clear up some serious misinformation:

1. There is no MTS-TMD rivalry. Any sort of nonsense was ended with a Hell-in-a-Cell match between the mods and admins of both sites. We obviously won. Even the outside interference from SCG could not stop us. I have the championship belt to prove it. No, really.
    2. TES spent a considerable amount of time in the N&D forum. I didn't take notes about that time, but I bet it was at least two months.
    3. The Game was developed on MTS. Someone took its shell and turned it into a better combo version. I don't recall if Salvager Game was originally suggested on the MTS Game thread or a new thread stated on TMD or SCG. But to the winner of creating a shitty combo deck goes the spoils.
    4. Nausea sucked. Always did. Always will. And it's hard to spell.

The End
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Oh, and I just did some homework about the TES thread - from the Mod Logs:

Mr. Nightmare 15:26, 15th Jan 2007 Thread moved with redirect to 'Open Legacy Discussion'.
    The date of the first post of the TES thread =
    11-11-2006, 10:22 PM
    Don't make slanderous claims when you cannot back them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Thread Information