Page 270 of 282 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Jankalicious View Post
    The Mending of Dominaria has some potential I think. It can be card advantage for games where people discard or kill off our Argothian Enchantress's. With fetches or Wasteland's there can be abuse and ramp potential with the 3rd age. If you run 2 you have infinite recursion. This could create the opportunity to run other end game fatties instead of Emrakul like the newest Ulamog. Mirri's Guile is a bonus with this card to setup lands for the yard on the first and second age. I'm not saying this card is a must include, but it does seem like this card was designed with Enchantress in mind. The potential is there. Kudos to wizards on a nice design to get me excited about messing around with Enchantress again.
    I can think of very few matchups where my opponent's removal actually matters and I want to give up Rest in Peace for a 5 CMC value spell. There has to be an upper limit to the number of enchantresses a deck can run and 7 mana over 2 turns is even worse than Living Wish for Eidolon of Blossoms.

I would be thrilled to be proven wrong but from here it looks pretty not-good.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

After a bunch of frustrating 4-1s I finally got my current decklist posted
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-06-09

Played 4 leagues today (20 matches), finished 15-5 overall: 5-0, 2x 3-2 and 4-1. That's 75%, very happy with that / makes up for the occasional 0-3 drop. It's the only deck that I'm currently 'infinite' with on MTGO.

I have now 112 matches with +- this iteration of the deck, and I'm starting to get more or less satisfied with it.

The Surgicals are a necessary evil despite running 4 maindeck RIP. BR Reanimator runs 4 Reverent Silence these days, so turn 1 interaction that's not an enchantment is key. Also stole me the occasional match vs Storm (hence my preference over f.ex. Faerie Macabre).

Containment Priest is still largely untested although it's been in my deck for over a month. Won me once vs Sneaky Show who just couldn't deal with it, but apart from that I haven't drawn it a lot yet. It's there because Elves, BR Reani and Sneaky Show are all bad matchups so this once seemed to cover all those angles at once.

112 matches, 65-47 (58% winrate)

Decks I encountered 4x or more:

Maverick: 100% (4-0)
    Czech Pile: 67% (6-3)
    Miracles: 60% (6-4)
    Grixis Delver: 50% (5-5)
    Dragon Stompy: 50% (2-2)
    BUG Control: 50% (2-2)
    Reanimator: 40% (2-3)
    Death and Taxes: 40% (2-3)
    Elves: 33% (2-4)
    ANT: 25% (1-3)
    Sneaky Show: 25% (1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    After a bunch of frustrating 4-1s I finally got my current decklist posted
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-06-09

Played 4 leagues today (20 matches), finished 15-5 overall: 5-0, 2x 3-2 and 4-1. That's 75%, very happy with that / makes up for the occasional 0-3 drop. It's the only deck that I'm currently 'infinite' with on MTGO.

I have now 112 matches with +- this iteration of the deck, and I'm starting to get more or less satisfied with it.

The Surgicals are a necessary evil despite running 4 maindeck RIP. BR Reanimator runs 4 Reverent Silence these days, so turn 1 interaction that's not an enchantment is key. Also stole me the occasional match vs Storm (hence my preference over f.ex. Faerie Macabre).

Containment Priest is still largely untested although it's been in my deck for over a month. Won me once vs Sneaky Show who just couldn't deal with it, but apart from that I haven't drawn it a lot yet. It's there because Elves, BR Reani and Sneaky Show are all bad matchups so this once seemed to cover all those angles at once.

112 matches, 65-47 (58% winrate)

Decks I encountered 4x or more:

Maverick: 100% (4-0)
    Czech Pile: 67% (6-3)
    Miracles: 60% (6-4)
    Grixis Delver: 50% (5-5)
    Dragon Stompy: 50% (2-2)
    BUG Control: 50% (2-2)
    Reanimator: 40% (2-3)
    Death and Taxes: 40% (2-3)
    Elves: 33% (2-4)
    ANT: 25% (1-3)
    Sneaky Show: 25% (1-3)
    I actually think this version is probably the best version. I think attacking the graveyard has numerous side benefits besides win conditions (Snapcaster, DRS, Tarmagoyf, anything with flashback). What is amazing to me is when everyone starts whining about DRS being too powerful, mentioning there are ways to attack his resources. But if you make the suggestion, they say "Well I don't want to waste a card that does nothing". To me it's laziness to think it doesn't do anything. DRS is an excellent card and makes sense to play in numerous decks, but I sometimes feel that people make it to this card which can't be handled.

However, I find Peacekeeper better in most situations than Containment Priest. In cases of Show & Tell, unless you cast it in response while on the stack, they will still get their creature. When you are behind on the board, Peacekeeper stops the attack and also stops the annihilation triggers. Against Elves, unless they can dig to their abrupt decay, stops the attack.

Surgical vs Faerie Mcabre to me depends on how much Chancellor of the Annex is running around. As Faerie is not affected by the taxing.

I think I really want to try Seeds of Innocent against artifact based decks. I am usually not as worried about giving life to the opponents because I either helm/RIP them or I am in such a lock position, we can just chip away completely.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

For those that is on the red splash, what do you all think about the Alpine Moon? 1 mana drop that doesn't hurt our sanctum, unlike Blood Moon.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Doesn't randomly crush 3-4 color blue decks though. Might be worth SB slots in specific meta-games. The drawback of giving them any color doesn't matter against Eldrazi, for example.

I'm curious about https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Co...st+Stand#paper as a SB card; seems like a solid fit for non-Wish G/W builds with a lot of UBx control in their meta-games.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Not very savvy when it comes to legacy and only get to play infrequently but I'm on a junk version. Just saw the new bannings today and was wondering what some more experienced players think in regards to how it will affect us. I know it'll be harder to get around solitary confinement now I guess? Other than that I just don't know enough. My lgs's legacy chat is of the mind that there will be considerably more reanimator and combo decks running around.

While I had gone to the dark side myself and was playing deathblade for a little bit I'm really looking forward to playing Enchantress in a world without DRS. The fact that storm is also taking a hit with the loss of Probe is even better news.

I'm looking forward to grinding game as soon as the bans are effective online. I don't see any particular build being the best path to go down so I'll probably just start with a really traditional list and get weird from there.

Any other thoughts on how this changes cards we want/don't want?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

This could very well affect the number of Leovolds this deck has to play against which seems outstanding. Also BUG in general going down with less liliana, decay, and Leovold seems like it could be very good for this deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    This could very well affect the number of Leovolds this deck has to play against which seems outstanding. Also BUG in general going down with less liliana, decay, and Leovold seems like it could be very good for this deck.
    Again lack of experience just going off the few games I've played and what I've read on here. While I agree with this wouldn't it also increase the overall sideboarded enchantment hate because of people playing more leylines/surgicals to deal with the likely prevalent reanimator/dredge decks running around after this? I'm likely overthinking this a good deal though.

Edit: rewording

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Eh you may see a slight uptick in disenchant effects, but nothing mass removal wise. I doubt anyone starts playing Serenity or Reverent Silence. It's difficult to predict the way the meta may go, but I think overall it's a win for this deck
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SpIzzy View Post
    Not very savvy when it comes to legacy and only get to play infrequently but I'm on a junk version. Just saw the new bannings today and was wondering what some more experienced players think in regards to how it will affect us. I know it'll be harder to get around solitary confinement now I guess? Other than that I just don't know enough. My lgs's legacy chat is of the mind that there will be considerably more reanimator and combo decks running around.
    If BUG goes away or seriously dwindles GW Helm is made for that meta, and could be a real strong contender once again.

Dec 2016
    Seattle

NeW WoRLD OrDER! EnCHAntRe$$ nOw TeIR 1!

Please don't ban me...

Without Deathrite, Worship and Solitary Confinement are great.

I did have really good matchups though. RUG Delver, RUG Delver, Miracles, Merfolk, and Death & Taxes.

The deck feels pretty decent. I like the 61 cards main. I found 20 lands was not enough vs Vial+Port decks. 22 felt like too many, and I'd lose with lands in hand. (This is all anecdotal).

THE GOOD

The RUG matchup feels really one-sided. Some people are running more Spell Pierces and countermagic over creatures. This matchup seems harder. The ones playing both Tarmogoyf and Hooting Mandrills seem easy if they don't establish a fast enough clock in the early game.

Miracles is Miracles. Merfolk can be challenging if they land an early Chalice. I like Choke and Sphere of Safety for this reason. D&T is mixed. If they start with a Port + Vial hand, they can easily take the game if we miss out land drops.

I really like Gaddock Teeg and Elesh Norn in the sideboard. Teeg protects from Cataclysm. Most opponents are forced to take out Swords against us. Teeg can stop Terminus, Supreme Verdict, Jace, Gideon, and so much more.

Elesh Norn feels like a 3rd Doomwake Giant. Having 1 main, 1 side, and 1 Elesh Norn side might seem like overkill? In the Elves matchup, they currently have no way to remove it unless they splash white and Swords, or a Karakas. She dodges Disenchant, and other cards that usually deal with Doomwake Giant. Doomwake we can land earlier under a Thalia or other taxing effects. Elesh Norn is -2/-2, which gets around an Ethersworn Canonist.

I'm really looking to updating my list when Satyr Enchanter comes out I've found the favored blue matchups I lose are the ones with Surgical in the board.

The Storm matchup is still problematic. I've found Aura of Silence and Teeg to be my best tools so far. Leyline of the Void feels like a potential trap (for desiring to board in), but I like it for Reanimator and Dredge.

Any advice for Storm would be appreciated.

THE IFFY

Mirri's Guile felt like the weakest cards in the deck. In this League, Carpet felt super powerful and I wanted more, but in other leagues, it felt bad drawing it.

Sylvan Library seems like it'd be a good replacement, but a nombo with Solitary Confinement.

Crop Rotation felt pretty weak since I didn't run into Leovold, but it has saved me in the Turbo Depths matchup.

GWb feels a lot stronger than UG at the moment (in my opinion). UG feels like you want to play it faster, and the lack of tutor effects make it seem less consistent. Running into Spell Pierces or Spell Snare feel more devastating when the deck is dependent on certain cards for the combo (other than the Enchantresses).

THE FUTURE

Satyr Enchanter seems like an awesome addition to the deck. I know most of the time we don't run Verduran Enchantress though...
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

First, congrats on the finish. You're probably right about Solitary Confinement itself being in a much better position in the current meta-game.

61 cards though is just objectively worse than 60. To me the most obvious spot to replace would be cutting your Helm/RIP - at 1x each, you're not going to luck into the insta-kill often enough to make it very relevant, and cutting the RIP would also let you run Replenish either MD or in the board, which also can be sick with Doomwake.

Question - how much did you use Rec Sage, and how often was the body relevant? I'm trying to determine the best use of that spot for the non-Living Wish builds. Qasali Pridemage has the benefit of being able to GSZ it up and hold onto the disenchant until you need it, but against xStompy decks, Rec Sage's chump block is probably much more relevant.

re: Crop Rotation - if you say it saved you versus Depths, couldn't it just have been a 4th Elephant Grass, which is also something you can bring in versus Delver, Death's Shadow, Dredge and a host of other decks?

I miss MD Seal of Primordium, I hope this meta can support it. I suppose we'll see. It's still dead versus the dominant Delver deck (at least as far as people's speculations), but if it's not 12% of the meta that's not as relevant.

How do we stand against Dragons Stompy with Chalice, Trinisphere and Bloodmoon?
    I was playing against Dragon Stompy yesterday and didn't do very well.....Chalice at 1 and trinisphere were really good…..Goblin Rabblemaster set me on a clock...

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Question - how much did you use Rec Sage, and how often was the body relevant?
    Rec Sage's body was rarely relevant. Most of it was related to being able to GSZ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    re: Crop Rotation - if you say it saved you versus Depths, couldn't it just have been a 4th Elephant Grass, which is also something you can bring in versus Delver, Death's Shadow, Dredge and a host of other decks?
    I keep thinking about that. I like the Crop Rotation + Karakas as it dodges Krosan Grip or Abrupt Decay. I'm currently trying Enlightened Tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by swordoffireandice
    How do we stand against Dragons Stompy with Chalice, Trinisphere and Bloodmoon?
    It really depends. The Planeswalker build seems to favor us. The creature one can be hard to race.

Depending on our list, Bloodmoon can be irrelevant. Solitary Confinement and Worship can just flat out win us the match. Teeg is really good since it shuts off Fierey Confluence, but some lists are running Pyroclasm or Kozelik's Return to get around Teeg. The problem is getting up to 3 mana quickly, and hoping to establish a lock.

Mostly, hope they have a clunky hand and win the die roll. I've noticed some are playing land destruction now, which makes the matchup a lot harder. If this is local meta, I'd make adjustments if needed (being more G, remove some fetches, maindeck Seals).
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Blood Moon sucks against most builds. Even if you don't run a basic plains, you have Utopia Sprawl. Eventually you'll probably need to kill it, but it only stops you from getting to Emrakul levels of mana really.

The main difficulty in Dragon Stompy/8 Moon/whatever they're calling themselves is gauging whether you're going to be dealing with one of their prison hands, or one of their turn 1 Rabblemaster hands. Like 16km said, it also matters a lot who is on the play - a turn 1 Chalice at 1 might not hurt you very much if you already got your Wild Growth out, but it can be devastating if you're on the draw, especially if you're relying on a Sanctum that now is going to be very slow to make mana.

Overall I have it at about 55%. Most of my losses have been due to turn 1 Rabblemaster, often with a Chalice backup.

I play both decks, so I have a little experience of this MU (even in goldfish mode)

We can recover from Chalice if we have the tools to dig deep enough (Mirri's Guile, Sylvan Library, Sterling grove...) to find an answer (seal of primordium or whatever) quickly.
    We can win even with a resolved Trinisphere ; it just takes more time to settle.

But we usually cannot if they put a big pressure very early (Rabblemaster). Mono red prison decks based on walkers are less dangerous for us than explosive creature-based ones.

It is one of those matchups where you really have to race (that's why I am so happy so stick to my Candelabra build)

Florian
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Quote Originally Posted by 16km View Post
    NeW WoRLD OrDER! EnCHAntRe$$ nOw TeIR 1!

Please don't ban me...

Without Deathrite, Worship and Solitary Confinement are great.

I did have really good matchups though. RUG Delver, RUG Delver, Miracles, Merfolk, and Death & Taxes.

The deck feels pretty decent. I like the 61 cards main. I found 20 lands was not enough vs Vial+Port decks. 22 felt like too many, and I'd lose with lands in hand. (This is all anecdotal).

THE GOOD

The RUG matchup feels really one-sided. Some people are running more Spell Pierces and countermagic over creatures. This matchup seems harder. The ones playing both Tarmogoyf and Hooting Mandrills seem easy if they don't establish a fast enough clock in the early game.

Miracles is Miracles. Merfolk can be challenging if they land an early Chalice. I like Choke and Sphere of Safety for this reason. D&T is mixed. If they start with a Port + Vial hand, they can easily take the game if we miss out land drops.

I really like Gaddock Teeg and Elesh Norn in the sideboard. Teeg protects from Cataclysm. Most opponents are forced to take out Swords against us. Teeg can stop Terminus, Supreme Verdict, Jace, Gideon, and so much more.

Elesh Norn feels like a 3rd Doomwake Giant. Having 1 main, 1 side, and 1 Elesh Norn side might seem like overkill? In the Elves matchup, they currently have no way to remove it unless they splash white and Swords, or a Karakas. She dodges Disenchant, and other cards that usually deal with Doomwake Giant. Doomwake we can land earlier under a Thalia or other taxing effects. Elesh Norn is -2/-2, which gets around an Ethersworn Canonist.

I'm really looking to updating my list when Satyr Enchanter comes out I've found the favored blue matchups I lose are the ones with Surgical in the board.

The Storm matchup is still problematic. I've found Aura of Silence and Teeg to be my best tools so far. Leyline of the Void feels like a potential trap (for desiring to board in), but I like it for Reanimator and Dredge.

Any advice for Storm would be appreciated.

THE IFFY

Mirri's Guile felt like the weakest cards in the deck. In this League, Carpet felt super powerful and I wanted more, but in other leagues, it felt bad drawing it.

Sylvan Library seems like it'd be a good replacement, but a nombo with Solitary Confinement.

Crop Rotation felt pretty weak since I didn't run into Leovold, but it has saved me in the Turbo Depths matchup.

GWb feels a lot stronger than UG at the moment (in my opinion). UG feels like you want to play it faster, and the lack of tutor effects make it seem less consistent. Running into Spell Pierces or Spell Snare feel more devastating when the deck is dependent on certain cards for the combo (other than the Enchantresses).

THE FUTURE

Satyr Enchanter seems like an awesome addition to the deck. I know most of the time we don't run Verduran Enchantress though...
    You are running a pretty similar list to what I play. I removed the carpet of flowers since Leovold is a thing, because that gives them a free draw every turn, but if you land it, it becomes a huge temp swing. I disagree with Mirri's Guile being the weak card as it lets you set up your draws in the right order and the advantage over Sylvan Library is it is done during your upkeep not your draw step, so if solitary confinement is in play. I play with Leyline's main board, but that was more to protect against discard from black then to protect against white. I like engineered plague in the sideboard and it is great against tribal decks as it can clear the board even if it is disenchanted. RUG is less of a problem for me as I play 2 Doomwakes mainboard and 2 RIPs mainboard, so I can either have a blocker or shrink their mongeese and Goyf. The card I find the weakest in the late game is usually Green Sun Zenith.

To me, D&T is pretty much between their Port and you being able to go wide with lands. However, if you can land City of Solitude, that solves a lot of your problems. Storm, I actually play leylines, trinispher and teeg since stalling them is more important than me changing but if they have any echoing truths as part of the storm, I think it is a very difficult matchup. I have tried items like Nevermore or Runed Halo, but it never seems to me that you can time them right,

As for the Satyr Enchanter, I don't really think it's playable. I tried making a modern version of enchantress and without the ability to protect its own body, its hard to ever draw off him. Honestly, if the stats were 1/4, it would be better as at least it is not susceptible to bolt.

Thanks for the reply's with the Dragon Stompy question.
    I was thinking...with all the blue decks (like Delver and Miracles) and the banning of DRS, is the Replenish version better then playing RIP maindeck right now?
    I always enjoyed playing against blue decks with all them counters and filling the GY. Replenish is a game winner against those decks.
    Putting RIP in the SB with a Helm is not bad either….
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by swordoffireandice View Post
    Thanks for the reply's with the Dragon Stompy question.
    I was thinking...with all the blue decks (like Delver and Miracles) and the banning of DRS, is the Replenish version better then playing RIP maindeck right now?
    I always enjoyed playing against blue decks with all them counters and filling the GY. Replenish is a game winner against those decks.
    Putting RIP in the SB with a Helm is not bad either….
    What do you guys think?
    With RUG Delver back, it still shrinks Mongoose, Goyf, Snapcaster Mage but if you choose not to play that package that is fine. But if I did, I also would play Eidolon of Blossom's as then you will receive cards once they come back on the battlefield.

Thread Information