Page 272 of 282 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

I've been playing a lot in an effort to not let my team down during SCG Philly but I've had an awful run on MTGO

I've played two lists, the first one (3 leagues) was a very traditional GW list with Helm in the sideboard, the second (3 more leagues) was a more off the wall thing I had been trying with Solemnity and various cards that go well with it like Phyrexian Unlife, Delaying Shield, and Dark Depths.

In 6 leagues I played against:

Miracles x5 (8-5)
    Goblins x3 (3-4)
    TES | ANT x2 (2-3)
    BR reanimator x2 (0-4)
    UR Delver x2 (4-1)
    Sneak and Show | Eureka-tell x2 (2-3)
    Red Stompy (1-2)
    Eldrazi (1-2)
    12-post (0-2)
    Esper Stoneblade (2-0)
    Infect (0-2) [sadly not playing solemnity list while matched against infect]
    Turbo Depths (0-2)
    Lands (2-0)
    Elves (0-2)
    High Tide (0-2)
    4C Loam (1-2)
    Death and Taxes (1-2)
    RUG Delver (1-2)
    Grixis Control (1-2)
    Academy Rector combo (2-1)

Which feels pretty much exactly what I would expect, losing to combo, doing good in the "fair" matches, and probably not enough games versus certain decks to draw good conclusions (like D&T). Shout outs to the academy rector combo for being the wildest deck. It's good to not see so much Leovold and DRS being gone is a huge boon, but I feel like I'm not actually gaining any ground.

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Nice!!

Vs ant /tes side guide? Thanks
    +4 Leyline of Sanctity
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +2 Doomwake Giant
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    -3 Elephant Grass
    -1 Oblivion Ring
    -1 Cast Out
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    -1 Sigil of the empty Throne
    -1 XYZ
    Chalice on 1

Quote Originally Posted by hofzge View Post
    +4 Leyline of Sanctity
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +2 Doomwake Giant
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    -3 Elephant Grass
    -1 Oblivion Ring
    -1 Cast Out
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 XYZ
    Thanks
    You win more games this list main deck and side?

Jul 2009
    Cleveland

This is probably an ignorant question, but I looked on both first pages, and couldn't seem to find the info easily. What are the benefits/detriments of GWx vs GUx for enchantress. THere is a lot of parallel development, but not a lot of cross discussion, and I was hoping to better understand why someone might be drawn one way or the other.

EDIT: yeah i meant gu and gw, my bad.
    Last edited by merfolkotpt; 07-17-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    @turingTested on twitter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    これは水である。

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by merfolkotpt View Post
    This is probably an ignorant question, but I looked on both first pages, and couldn't seem to find the info easily. What are the benefits/detriments of UWx vs UGx for enchantress. THere is a lot of parallel development, but not a lot of cross discussion, and I was hoping to better understand why someone might be drawn one way or the other.
    Do you mean the difference between Green/White and Green/Blue?

I'd think the advantages of Green itself is rather evident, given that the majority of every list is Green Enchantress effects/Green Sun's Zenith.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

GU is more combo-ish and explosive, especially with Candelabra. It is aimed at producing a huge amount of mana to cast Emrakul, or bouce the opponent board with Words of wind and simply kill with faeries. This version is more vulnerable to non-permanent based threats (Words of Wind can deal with the board otherwise, even Leovold)

GW is more control oriented, with O-ring effects and usually Solitary confinement for a lock. It is slower but possibly more robust. The wincons can be RIP-Helm combo, Emrakul, Sigil...
    There is also a specific build with Opalescence / Parallax Wave worth mentionning.

Both versions can (should ?) splash black for Doomwake Giant.
    GU can also splash white to access Sterling Grove or strong SB pieces such as RIP
    Reversively, GW builds with RIP can splash U for Energy field...

and finally some buils are almost mono-green for a super resilient manabase (and get value from Gaea's touch).

Enchantress is such a great family :)
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    GU is more combo-ish and explosive, especially with Candelabra. It is aimed at producing a huge amount of mana to cast Emrakul, or bouce the opponent board with Words of wind and simply kill with faeries. This version is more vulnerable to non-permanent based threats (Words of Wind can deal with the board otherwise, even Leovold)

GW is more control oriented, with O-ring effects and usually Solitary confinement for a lock. It is slower but possibly more robust. The wincons can be RIP-Helm combo, Emrakul, Sigil...
    There is also a specific build with Opalescence / Parallax Wave worth mentionning.
    One big difference is the bigger dependence of the GU versoin on the combo of repeatedly casting Faerie and a 1mana Enchantment to bounce the opponent's board. This makes this version stronger against decks that rely on their land drops and a bit more vulnerable to REB/Pyroblast, as well as Chalice of the Void (which again is quite good against "normal" GW Enchantress).

The general play on both decks is similar (Build mana, resolve a Enchantress effect -> Profit, where in one deck this would mean bounce the board and in the other it would mean establish locks) and for the longest time some "Words of ..." has been used in any Enchantress Deck (Words of War, Wind and Wilding).
    Chalice on 1

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    I've been playing a lot in an effort to not let my team down during SCG Philly but I've had an awful run on MTGO

I've played two lists, the first one (3 leagues) was a very traditional GW list with Helm in the sideboard, the second (3 more leagues) was a more off the wall thing I had been trying with Solemnity and various cards that go well with it like Phyrexian Unlife, Delaying Shield, and Dark Depths.

In 6 leagues I played against:

Miracles x5 (8-5)
    Goblins x3 (3-4)
    TES | ANT x2 (2-3)
    BR reanimator x2 (0-4)
    UR Delver x2 (4-1)
    Sneak and Show | Eureka-tell x2 (2-3)
    Red Stompy (1-2)
    Eldrazi (1-2)
    12-post (0-2)
    Esper Stoneblade (2-0)
    Infect (0-2) [sadly not playing solemnity list while matched against infect]
    Turbo Depths (0-2)
    Lands (2-0)
    Elves (0-2)
    High Tide (0-2)
    4C Loam (1-2)
    Death and Taxes (1-2)
    RUG Delver (1-2)
    Grixis Control (1-2)
    Academy Rector combo (2-1)

Which feels pretty much exactly what I would expect, losing to combo, doing good in the "fair" matches, and probably not enough games versus certain decks to draw good conclusions (like D&T). Shout outs to the academy rector combo for being the wildest deck. It's good to not see so much Leovold and DRS being gone is a huge boon, but I feel like I'm not actually gaining any ground.
    Good Luck to You. I am looking to be in Philly on Saturday maybe can meet up as I will be the old guy who looks lost.

I am surprised at your record against lands combos as you have very favorable builds (Elephant Grass, Karakas, Rest In Peace mainboard). Some options which are good sideboard are City of Solitude, Suppression Fields and Humility. However, if you are playing the solemnity build, that becomes a little more challenging.

What is the decklist you are going to play with at Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    Good Luck to You. I am looking to be in Philly on Saturday maybe can meet up as I will be the old guy who looks lost.

I am surprised at your record against lands combos as you have very favorable builds (Elephant Grass, Karakas, Rest In Peace mainboard). Some options which are good sideboard are City of Solitude, Suppression Fields and Humility. However, if you are playing the solemnity build, that becomes a little more challenging.

What is the decklist you are going to play with at Philly?
    I agree that Lands decks are generally favorable matchups but it's not difficult at all for Turbo Depths to steal games or matches. The Solemnity build still had Elephant Grass, Karakas, and RIP but

I've been (over)thinking which list I'm going to play but right now I'm thinking just playing a GW Helm build is the way to go. The sideboard needs some cuts before I finish it off. But in general I'm being indecisive and I can't decide between 19 and 20 lands, if I want 1 or 2 helms, and if I want Eidolon of Blossoms.

Enchantment (29)
    1x City of Solitude
    4x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Ixalan's Binding
    3x Mirri's Guile
    3x Rest in Peace
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Sphere of Safety
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

Artifact (2)
    2x Helm of Obedience

Land (20)
    8x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills

Creature (5)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sorcery (4)
    4x Green Sun's Zenith

Sideboard (17)
    1x Banishing Light
    1x Carpet of Flowers
    1x Choke
    2x Containment Priest
    1x Damping Sphere
    1x Enlightened Tutor
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
    2x Sterling Grove
    1x Worship

I agree that Lands decks are generally favorable matchups but it's not difficult at all for Turbo Depths to steal games or matches. The Solemnity build still had Elephant Grass, Karakas, and RIP but

I've been (over)thinking which list I'm going to play but right now I'm thinking just playing a GW Helm build is the way to go. The sideboard needs some cuts before I finish it off. But in general I'm being indecisive and I can't decide between 19 and 20 lands, if I want 1 or 2 helms, and if I want Eidolon of Blossoms.

Enchantment (29)
    1x City of Solitude
    4x Elephant Grass
    1x Ixalan's Binding
    3x Mirri's Guile
    3x Rest in Peace
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Sphere of Safety
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

Artifact (2)
    2x Helm of Obedience

Land (20)
    8x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills

Creature (5)
    4x Argothian Enchantress

Sorcery (4)
    4x Green Sun's Zenith

Sideboard (17)
    1x Banishing Light
    1x Carpet of Flowers
    1x Choke
    2x Containment Priest
    1x Damping Sphere
    1x Enlightened Tutor
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Pithing Needle
    2x Sterling Grove
    1x Worship
    If you are looking to go the Helm\RIP combo. I think having the enlightened tutor mainboard helps a lot. It can also save you in certain situations to pull the right protection. I would prefer having the Sigil of the Empty Throne mainboard as I tend to like having more threats. Most people don't have dedicated single enchantment hate, so can refill the board. With your list, if they surgically extract one portion of your combination, you are down to a single threat card.

I'm assuming you are using damping sphere for storm. but it hits your own Serra Sanctum and you tend to cast a lot of spells. I tend to use Trinisphere (which is weird because people put it in against me), but I know I have mana advantages.
    I have not been impressed with Worship since its clause mentions Damage and does not preclude items such as Loss of Life from Tendrils of Agony. At this moment, I don't think people will put in isolation tower in their decks yet as hexproof is only on a minimal amount of targets.

Personally, I find 4 GSZ too much. You only have 4 targets (5 with sideboard) and you may draw them naturally anyway.

I like Ixalan's Binding vs. Cast Out, but I can see the advantages of each. Also, not sure what immediate graveyard hate you have to stop BR Reanimator combo. I know RIP/Containment Priest work, but if they are explosive turn 1, not much you can do.
    Leyline of the Voids help your helm plan and aren't affected by Chancellor Tax. Faerie Mcabre is also another way to go. Surgical Extraction is great provided it is not taxed and can resolve.

bring me water!
    Feb 2008

Quote Originally Posted by hofzge View Post
    I modeled this based on your list exchanging the Words of War for a Words of Wind:

Lands (19)
    1 Bayou
    6 Forest
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills

Spells (34)
    1 Cast Out
    3 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Helm of Obedience
    2 Mirri's Guile
    1 Oblivion Ring
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    2 Solitary Confinement
    2 Sterling Grove
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    1 Words of Wind

Creatures (7)
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sideboard (15)
    1 Humility
    2 Containment Priest
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Doomwake Giant
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Seeds of Innocence
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Sphere of Safety

From this I would sideboard (taking the the online metagame from mtggoldfish as a measure of the new meta):
    Miracles:
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +2 Doomwake Giant (if they play Mentor)
    +1 Rest in Peace
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    -1 Words of Wind
    -2 Solitary Confinement
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 XYZ

RUG Delver:
    +2 Doomwake Giant
    +1 Rest in Peace
    +1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 XYZ

Monored Prison:
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +2 Doomwake Giant
    +1 Seeds of Innocence
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Words of Wind
    -2 Solitary Confinement

4Color Loam:
    +2 Doomwake Giant (against Dark Confidant)
    +1 Rest in Peace
    +1 Seeds of Innocence
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Mirri's Guile
    -1 Words of Wind
    -2 Solitary Confinement

Death and Taxes:
    +1 Humility
    +2 Doomwake Giant
    +1 Seeds of Innocence
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    -1 Mirri's Guile
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    -2 Solitary Confinement

Reanimator:
    +1 Humility
    +2 Containment Priest
    +1 Rest in Peace
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    +1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Sylvan Library
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    -2 Solitary Confinement

Dredge:
    +2 Containment Priest
    +2 Doomwake Giant
    +1 Rest in Peace
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    +1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Sylvan Library
    -1 Mirri's Guile
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    -2 XYZ

Turbo Depths:
    +1 Humility
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    +1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Sylvan Library
    -1 Eidolon of Blossoms

Sneak and Show:
    +1 Humility
    +2 Containment Priest
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Enlightened Tutor
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    +1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    -2 Solitary Confinement
    -1 Words of Wind
    -1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    -1 XYZ
    What card is xyz? Just picked up the deck to try.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

@simdude

If you're on the RIP/Helm build, back when I was on that build, I was on the red splash (Still am now, but not RIP/Helm build), If you are on the Helm of Obedience and Emrakul as another win-con, you could also try a different route and going with Sphere of Safety over Moat, so you can run Nahiri, the Harbinger, and she'll be protected with Sphere of Safety. Her ultimate prettu much grabs you either piece you need to win. Her other modes are pretty useful too.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

So first to recap the games of my SCG weekend because I'm still very curious how the metagame will evolve. I ran out the exact same 75 in all 3 events.

Main event (0-4) :
    R1 - Bant blade 0-2
    R2 - BUG midrange 0-2
    R3 - BR reanimator 1-2
    R4 - Oops all spells 0-2

Saturday Challenge (3-0-1) :
    R1 - Elves 2-0
    R2 - RUG Delver 2-1
    R3 - Death & Taxes 2-1
    R4 - Split vs. RUG Delver

Sunday legacy challenge (6-2, 19th / 170ish) :
    R1 - Opponent didn't show (???)
    R2 - Grixis control 2-1
    R3 - Eldrazi 2-0
    R4 - UR Delver 1-2
    R5 - Dredge 0-2
    R6 - Mono U Delver 2-0
    R7 - Esper Stoneblade 2-1
    R8 - Turbo depths 2-0

The classic definitely had a lot more combo decks and prison decks than usual so on top of running fairly hot with my draws I dodged a lot of bad matchups once I was 3-0. If I were to keep playing I don't think I would change much in this list right now. Maybe I would cut Containment Priest for Surgicals but that could be a bias because I somehow dodged Sneak and Show all weekend. Final list is close to what I posted before with some tweaks. I don't feel like I learned much other than to me the deck NEEDS a combo finish because there are too many games which just hinge on it being super close and its your only out. I'd also jump for joy to see an enchantment pithing needle.

Enchantment (29)
    1x Banishing Light
    1x City of Solitude
    4x Elephant Grass
    3x Mirri's Guile
    3x Rest in Peace
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Sphere of Safety
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

Sorcery (3)
    3x Green Sun's Zenith

Land (20)
    8x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills

Creature (5)
    4x Argothian Enchantress

Instant (1)
    1x Enlightened Tutor

Artifact (2)
    2x Helm of Obedience

Sideboard (15)
    1x Carpet of Flowers
    1x Choke
    2x Containment Priest
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Ixalan's Binding
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Sterling Grove
    1x Worship

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

@ simdude

Congratulations on your games with the deck, the day you went 0-4 though is painful :( but its good to see you did well the next time around.

At the moment, I am on a very wierd brew to try on my local store for this coming FNM.
    My only games so far however are from proxy decks.

1 Karakas
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Savannah
    1 Taiga
    9 Forest
    1 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum

3 Blind Obedience

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl

1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Banishing Light

4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Sterling Grove
    1 Greater Auromancy

2 Nahiri, the Harbinger

3 Solitary Confinement
    1 Sphere of Safety
    3 Elephant Grass

1 Emrakul, the Eons Torn

//Sideboard
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Rest in Peace
    3 Choke
    1 Granger Guildmage
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

@Claymore

I played with Nahiri back during the days before Top was banned. I agree she's a pretty solid inclusion when you build around it, but I didn't test any red splashes because I guessed she doesn't do anything too helpful in the current meta. Do you find she helps flip say the D&T and Stoneblade matches enough to warrant it? On the other hand I had forgotten about Blind Obedience as a card for too long and it seems like this could be a decent time for it. How is that working out for you?

I might be jumping the gun but it looks like we may actually get some interesting things from C18 after all. The headlining planeswalker seems at least playable. Every ability is relevant in one way or another.

Estrid, the Masked - 1GWU

Loyalty: 3

+2: Untap each enchanted permanent you control.

-1: Create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask attached to another target permanent. The token has enchant permanent and totem armor.

-7: Put the top seven cards of your library into your graveyard. Return all non-Aura enchantment cards from your graveyard to the battlefield, then do the same for Aura cards.

Estrid, the Masked can be your commander.

So first to recap the games of my SCG weekend because I'm still very curious how the metagame will evolve. I ran out the exact same 75 in all 3 events.

Main event (0-4) :
    R1 - Bant blade 0-2
    R2 - BUG midrange 0-2
    R3 - BR reanimator 1-2
    R4 - Oops all spells 0-2

Saturday Challenge (3-0-1) :
    R1 - Elves 2-0
    R2 - RUG Delver 2-1
    R3 - Death & Taxes 2-1
    R4 - Split vs. RUG Delver

Sunday legacy challenge (6-2, 19th / 170ish) :
    R1 - Opponent didn't show (???)
    R2 - Grixis control 2-1
    R3 - Eldrazi 2-0
    R4 - UR Delver 1-2
    R5 - Dredge 0-2
    R6 - Mono U Delver 2-0
    R7 - Esper Stoneblade 2-1
    R8 - Turbo depths 2-0

The classic definitely had a lot more combo decks and prison decks than usual so on top of running fairly hot with my draws I dodged a lot of bad matchups once I was 3-0. If I were to keep playing I don't think I would change much in this list right now. Maybe I would cut Containment Priest for Surgicals but that could be a bias because I somehow dodged Sneak and Show all weekend. Final list is close to what I posted before with some tweaks. I don't feel like I learned much other than to me the deck NEEDS a combo finish because there are too many games which just hinge on it being super close and its your only out. I'd also jump for joy to see an enchantment pithing needle.

Enchantment (29)
    1x Banishing Light
    1x City of Solitude
    4x Elephant Grass
    3x Mirri's Guile
    3x Rest in Peace
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Sphere of Safety
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

Sorcery (3)
    3x Green Sun's Zenith

Land (20)
    8x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills

Creature (5)
    4x Argothian Enchantress

Instant (1)
    1x Enlightened Tutor

Artifact (2)
    2x Helm of Obedience

Sideboard (15)
    1x Carpet of Flowers
    1x Choke
    2x Containment Priest
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Ixalan's Binding
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Sterling Grove
    1x Worship
    It was nice meeting you and coincidental meeting you in Philly. Unfortunately I only got to play the Saturday Side Event however I did go 3-0-1 with an intentional draw, so it was a very good event for enchantress.

(2 RUGs Delver 2-1 both times)
    I am curious how you sideboarded each round in the classic and also, when do you actually put in worship? Also, how did you beat elves? I realized I may have just answered my own question as they have no way of getting rid of worship or your argothian enchantress unless they are running golgari charms.

I always am pretty sure what to put in, it is always a question of taking out.

It was nice meeting you and coincidental meeting you in Philly. Unfortunately I only got to play the Saturday Side Event however I did go 3-0-1 with an intentional draw, so it was a very good event for enchantress.

(2 RUGs Delver 2-1 both times, UBW Control 2-0, ID with OmniSneak)

I am curious how you sideboarded each round in the classic and also, when do you actually put in worship? Also, how did you beat elves? I realized I may have just answered my own question as they have no way of getting rid of worship or your argothian enchantress unless they are running golgari charms.

(2 RUGs Delver 2-1 both times)

I bring in worship in any match I think I'm going to die because creatures are turning sideways and I will live to cast a 4 mana spell. Seeing black decreases the likelihood I'll bring it in though because of Toxic Deluge, Zealous Persecution, ect. Elves I won by ramping hard and hitting a solitary on turn 3 in game 1 and in game 2 I took it when they had mulliganed and I named Heritage Druid with Pithing Needle. As far as my side-boarding decisions go I don't think they're perfect but this is what I did.

Elves
    -1 City of Solitude
    -1 Banishing Light
    -3 GSZ
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Worship
    +1 Sterling Grove
    +1 Mindbreak Trap
    +1 Containment Priest

Grixis Control
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 RIP
    -2 Helm
    +4 Leyline
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

Eldrazi
    -1 City of Solitude
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -2 Elephant Grass
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Ixalan's Binding
    +1 Worship

UR Delver
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 RIP
    -1 Helm
    +4 Leyline
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Worship

Dredge
    -1 City of Solitude
    -1 Banishing Light
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -3 GSZ
    +4 Leyline
    +2 Containment Priest
    +1 Worship

Mono U Delver
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Sterling Grove
    -1 Banishing Light
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Worship

Esper Stoneblade
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 RIP
    -2 Helm
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Worship
    +1 Pithing Needle

Turbo depths
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 City of Solitude
    -3 GSZ
    -1 Sphere of Safety
    +4 Leyline
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Worship

I bring in worship in any match I think I'm going to die because creatures are turning sideways and I will live to cast a 4 mana spell. Seeing black decreases the likelihood I'll bring it in though because of Toxic Deluge, Zealous Persecution, ect. Elves I won by ramping hard and hitting a solitary on turn 3 in game 1 and in game 2 I took it when they had mulliganed and I named Heritage Druid with Pithing Needle. As far as my side-boarding decisions go I don't think they're perfect but this is what I did.

Elves
    -1 City of Solitude
    -1 Banishing Light
    -3 GSZ
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Worship
    +1 Sterling Grove
    +1 Mindbreak Trap
    +1 Containment Priest

Grixis Control
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 RIP
    -2 Helm
    +4 Leyline
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Pithing Needle

Eldrazi
    -1 City of Solitude
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -2 Elephant Grass
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Ixalan's Binding
    +1 Worship

UR Delver
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Sphere of Safety
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 RIP
    -1 Helm
    +4 Leyline
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Worship

Dredge
    -1 City of Solitude
    -1 Banishing Light
    -2 Sterling Grove
    -3 GSZ
    +4 Leyline
    +2 Containment Priest
    +1 Worship

Mono U Delver
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Sterling Grove
    -1 Banishing Light
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Worship

Esper Stoneblade
    -1 Enlightened Tutor
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 RIP
    -2 Helm
    +1 Choke
    +1 Carpet of Flowers
    +1 Worship
    +1 Pithing Needle

Turbo depths
    -1 Banishing Light
    -1 City of Solitude
    -3 GSZ
    -1 Sphere of Safety
    +4 Leyline
    +1 Pithing Needle
    +1 Worship
    Um, while you are allowed to name Heritage Druid with Pithing Needle, it will not stop them from using the ability as the ability is a mana ability since there is no target.
    Also, how would mindbreak trap work against elves as I am assuming that the spells will already be resolved. But it probably does deal with the "business" spell of craterhoof, natural order or green sun zenith.

Um, while you are allowed to name Heritage Druid with Pithing Needle, it will not stop them from using the ability as the ability is a mana ability since there is no target.
    Also, how would mindbreak trap work against elves as I am assuming that the spells will already be resolved. But it probably does deal with the "business" spell of craterhoof, natural order or green sun zenith.
    HA! I completely didn't even catch that and apparently neither did my opponent. And yes, Mindbreak Trap is for the business spells because surviving non-craterhoof turns is usually do-able.

Thread Information