Page 200 of 282 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Redkid43 View Post
    I find that, a lot of the time, Helm/RiP is the easiest way to win. Most of my wins are just off of that more so than Emrakul anyways. But, Emrakul cam be a thing--especially in decks playing Exploration, since 2 Serra's Sanctum a turn can get enough mana to cast her.
    After my one day of playing the deck () I came to the same conclusion - Helm/RIP just seems really good. Additionally I finally understood why players where playing with Exploration. With only 20 lands I couldn't figure out why I would want it, but when the engine is going it is insanely good to play 2 lands a turn.

So I am going to test the following changes from the above list -

- 1 Enlightened Tutor
    - 3 Suppression Field

+1 Helm of Obedience
    +2 Exploration
    +1 Forest

I like Suppression Field, it seems insanely good against D&T, but beyond that specific matchup it was a dead(ish) card most of the time. I think exploration will definitely speed up the deck a lot more. The +1 Forest will bring me to 21 lands which will help with mulligans (I mulliganed 4 times in 10 games) and with Exploration.

I still want to fit a Moat in, but since I don't have one I will worry about that at a later date. I plan on going to the Open in Seattle, any thoughts?

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by jaydprickett View Post
    Emrakul was dead a lot. Maybe just bad luck drawing him early a lot. Room for a 2nd helm might be needed. A few times against D&T especially I could of just killed him if I drew it.
    Your thoughts?
    Against DnT if I won G1 with helm of obedience I usually take it out g2 and g3 since revoker shuts it down. As you mentioned, Emrakul is best when played with some number of exploration.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

I basically have one axiomatic opinion about Moat: Smoke if you got'em!

If you don't have access or the cash for it, Sphere of Safety is a good budget replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

Apr 2014
    Norway

Has anyone considered some of the HUGE green creatures that exist as finishers? Something like Worldspine Wurm? The thing is huge, shuffles and if it dies it clutters the board with even more threats. It can be countered and it is dead to bounce. But it is only 11 mana, and that amount can be reached in a few turns. Or Terastodon? Seems pretty good when your opponent cant attack us.

This is just the top of my head, and I am aware that most of these creatures can be countered, Plowed etc. But some more good win conditions would be nice. Our mana generation is, after all, quite insane.

And 200 pages! Congratulations everyone! :)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Rakadis View Post
    Has anyone considered some of the HUGE green creatures that exist as finishers? Something like Worldspine Wurm? The thing is huge, shuffles and if it dies it clutters the board with even more threats. It can be countered and it is dead to bounce. But it is only 11 mana, and that amount can be reached in a few turns. Or Terastodon? Seems pretty good when your opponent cant attack us.

This is just the top of my head, and I am aware that most of these creatures can be countered, Plowed etc. But some more good win conditions would be nice. Our mana generation is, after all, quite insane.

And 200 pages! Congratulations everyone! :)
    I'm of the opinion that the deck does not really need more win cons outside of attacking BGX decks from a different angle. Given that if I were to add more wincons that are not enchantments I would look at:

More Helms

Progenitus - via Green Suns or some spicy Natural Order Sideboard action

Sigarda

...200 pages. Cool!

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Yay for 200!

I find that some decks opt to play Sigarda in their sideboard. Hoses Lili and a bunch of other randoms like Pox and Edicts.
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

Nov 2012
    Franklin, MA, US

Yay for 200!

I find that some decks opt to play Sigarda in their sideboard. Hoses Lili and a bunch of other randoms like Pox and Edicts.
    Annihilator. That's why I played her in modern for a while, makes Tron hilariously easy vs. control. Emrakul in our deck is such a big draw because it is uncounterable, so you can ignore Force of Will and it is immune to most of the played spot removal, making it practically inevitable unless your opponent has Karakas.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by forestfold View Post
    Annihilator. That's why I played her in modern for a while, makes Tron hilariously easy vs. control. Emrakul in our deck is such a big draw because it is uncounterable, so you can ignore Force of Will and it is immune to most of the played spot removal, making it practically inevitable unless your opponent has Karakas.
    I'm going to test Sigarda in the board as added fun vs. anihillator and Edicts. ...I wonder if it would be enough to close out BGx decks?

Also, even if your opponent has Karakas it shouldn't matter. If they bounce Emrakul you just recast on your extra turn.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Just curious if anyone has tested 3-4 Choke in the maindeck? I see that there's a Green stompy deck that plays this and 3-4 Sylvan Library as well in the main to combat the Blue-heavy metagame we are currently in. Choke seems like it'd be a nice, one-sided "I Win" button against a fairly significant swath of the format. As an Enchantment and also with Solitary Confinement, multiples aren't exactly 'dead' to draw either.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has tested 3-4 Choke in the maindeck? I see that there's a Green stompy deck that plays this and 3-4 Sylvan Library as well in the main to combat the Blue-heavy metagame we are currently in. Choke seems like it'd be a nice, one-sided "I Win" button against a fairly significant swath of the format. As an Enchantment and also with Solitary Confinement, multiples aren't exactly 'dead' to draw either.
    My preference has always been for Carpet of Flowers as the MD blue hoser, but Choke might be worthwhile to test.

Enchantress is absurdly well positioned right now, and it's even gotten a pretty solid piece of combo hate (in Brain Maggot) recently although the deck is well positioned precisely because combo is way, way down. I'm very happy with GWb as my color base, and don't see the core of the deck going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm currently running this, but I only just started with Enchantress again, so this is a rough pass based on the last time I played with the deck:

Lands
    6 Forest
    3 Plains
    1 Swamp
    1 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    2 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

Business

1 Banishing Light
    1 Carpet of Flowers
    3 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Helm of Obedience
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Rest in Peace
    2 Solitary Confinement
    3 Sterling Grove
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    1 Replenish
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn/1 Sigil of the Empty Throne

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms

Sideboard
    1 Brain Maggot
    2 Rest in Peace
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Banishing Light
    1 Engineered Plague
    1 Aura of Silence
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Carpet of Flowers

This may be overboard on combo hate, but it's where I'm starting. I've played a few matchups against UR Delver and UWr Pyroblade and I'm 7-2 overall so far, but only on Cockatrice. I'm pretty torn on Emrakul vs. Sigil, and I'll probably drop the Savannah for a Forest if I end up on Emrakul. Courser has been great so far.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Nykthos is interesting...how has it been for you?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I like it more than Sanctums 3 and 4. While chaining Sanctums has its merits, I like the ability to produce a burst of G and the fact that I'm less exposed to Wasteland (because I'm not Wasting myself to play a second Sanctum). On top of that, Nykthos produces colorless mana if you don't have anything else, and that's not trivial in opening hands.

There are tons of cards I'd like to have, particularly "hard" MD artifact and enchantment removal (I've historically run 1 MD Seal of Cleansing), the second Replenish, and the fourth SB Leyline but space is very tight. The current "chopping block" is:

Emrakul or Sigil
    Courser
    Eidolon

at this point, but I doubt that I will get to cutting Eidolon.

What Would Ravenous Baloth Do?
    May 2008
    Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    I like it more than Sanctums 3 and 4. While chaining Sanctums has its merits, I like the ability to produce a burst of G and the fact that I'm less exposed to Wasteland (because I'm not Wasting myself to play a second Sanctum). On top of that, Nykthos produces colorless mana if you don't have anything else, and that's not trivial in opening hands.
    I really like that idea! I'm def going to test this out. I always hated getting multiple sanctums in my hand on early turns or not being able to use it turn two if I couldn't put down an enchantment turn 1 for whatever reason.
    Fools dig for water, corpses or gold
    The ice in my teeth keep the Cristal cold
    I be shoot'n lava around like an uzi
    Watch me turn this glacier into a jacuzzi
    I'm so hot people standing around me, just to stay warm
    Castin' so many spells looks like I'm playin' Storm
    I fuck all your creatures without any lotion
    Skeet in yo face, Erratic Explosion
    Every time you look I'm doing 2 to your dome!
    So scoop up your cards and take your broke ass home

-G.L.M.

I am going to jam enchantress this weekend at the SCG Open in Seattle (Legacy IQ since we lost our Open status )

4x Enchantress’s Presence
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Green Sun’s Zenith
    1x Courser of Kruphix

4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl

3x Rest in Peace
    2x Helm of Obedience
    1x Emrakul, The Aeon’s Torn

3x Elephant Grass
    3x Mirri’s Guile
    3x Solitary Confinement (1x Moat)
    2x Exploration
    1x Banishing Light

4x Serra’s Sanctum
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    1x Karakas
    1x Dryad Arbor
    9x Forest

SB
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Stony Silence
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Oblivion Ring
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Elephant Grass

I am really happy with the list. My local group is pretty diverse and have been testing against the following - Jeskai Stoneblade, UR Delver, Sultai Delver, DeathnTaxes, Maverick, Miracles, Burn, and MUD.

None of the matchups feel unwinnable. No Suppression Field make DeathnTaxes tougher but I made the following changes -

-3 Suppression Field
    +2 Exploration
    +1 Forest (21st Land)

The Explorations have been very good. Yes they are bonkers when "going off" but also the early tempo provided have been nice to help get ahead a little bit. I really only miss Suppression Field against DeathnTaxes.

Besides not having a Moat I am pretty happy with the list.

Thoughts?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

As I wrote above, I like some number of Nykthos over some number of Sanctums. I favor the 2/2 split, but 3/1 also seems reasonable. I actually think that Sphere of Safety is preferable to Moat unless you're concerned about beating Elves, but dropping Suppression Field makes me think that you aren't particularly concerned about that matchup. I'll be blunt about this last part - not running any Sterling Groves but having 3+ slots that do nothing but win (and really, I'd argue that the MD RiPs beyond the first are just redundant wincons as well) is wrong. Grove does so much for you, and frees up slots for 1-of bombs that solve major problems.

I'd make the following changes:

-1 GSZ
    -2 Rest in Peace (move to SB for 1 Reclamation Sage, 1 Stony Silence)
    -1 Helm of Obedience
    -1 Solitary Confinement

+1 Sphere of Safety
    +1 Replenish
    +3 Sterling Grove

There's also an argument for MD Seal of Primordium, Seal of Cleansing, Aura of Silence, Banishing Light, or Eidolon of Blossoms over a land. Looking more closely at your manabase, I'd definitely cut at least one Forest for one Plains.

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    As I wrote above, I like some number of Nykthos over some number of Sanctums. I favor the 2/2 split, but 3/1 also seems reasonable. I actually think that Sphere of Safety is preferable to Moat unless you're concerned about beating Elves, but dropping Suppression Field makes me think that you aren't particularly concerned about that matchup. I'll be blunt about this last part - not running any Sterling Groves but having 3+ slots that do nothing but win (and really, I'd argue that the MD RiPs beyond the first are just redundant wincons as well) is wrong. Grove does so much for you, and frees up slots for 1-of bombs that solve major problems.

I'd make the following changes:

-1 GSZ
    -2 Rest in Peace (move to SB for 1 Reclamation Sage, 1 Stony Silence)
    -1 Helm of Obedience
    -1 Solitary Confinement

+1 Sphere of Safety
    +1 Replenish
    +3 Sterling Grove

There's also an argument for MD Seal of Primordium, Seal of Cleansing, Aura of Silence, Banishing Light, or Eidolon of Blossoms over a land. Looking more closely at your manabase, I'd definitely cut at least one Forest for one Plains.
    Good Points. I have gone back and forth between Moat/Sphere and I think I like Moat more. 1 mana less is a big deal, Delver can be a problem but I like Moat because you can drop Moat early and it just works, Sphere can be dead sometimes if your game plan isn't going well. It is a close call.

I am in the camp that doesn't like sterling grove. I had enlightened tutor for the longest time and eventually cut it. Everytime I drew it I wished it was something else (that didn't take a mana/draw step to become). I added the 2nd Helm because a lot of my matches would have just ended with me winning if I drew Helm. It seems with only 1 helm and Emrakul it just takes forever to actually win the game that things go wrong. A lot of the grindier matches like DeathnTaxes and Maverick hinged on my finding Helm, though I suppose that it could go back to being enlightened tutor?

If did go down to 1 RiP I would run Replenish but as it stands I like 3 RiP as it hurts a lot of archetypes out there.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will report on Monday/Tuesday.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by jaydprickett View Post
    I am going to jam enchantress this weekend at the SCG Open in Seattle (Legacy IQ since we lost our Open status )

4x Enchantress’s Presence
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Green Sun’s Zenith
    1x Courser of Kruphix

4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl

3x Rest in Peace
    2x Helm of Obedience
    1x Emrakul, The Aeon’s Torn

3x Elephant Grass
    3x Mirri’s Guile
    3x Solitary Confinement (1x Moat)
    2x Exploration
    1x Banishing Light

4x Serra’s Sanctum
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    1x Karakas
    1x Dryad Arbor
    9x Forest

SB
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Stony Silence
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Banishing Light
    1 Oblivion Ring
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Elephant Grass

I am really happy with the list. My local group is pretty diverse and have been testing against the following - Jeskai Stoneblade, UR Delver, Sultai Delver, DeathnTaxes, Maverick, Miracles, Burn, and MUD.

None of the matchups feel unwinnable. No Suppression Field make DeathnTaxes tougher but I made the following changes -

-3 Suppression Field
    +2 Exploration
    +1 Forest (21st Land)

The Explorations have been very good. Yes they are bonkers when "going off" but also the early tempo provided have been nice to help get ahead a little bit. I really only miss Suppression Field against DeathnTaxes.

Besides not having a Moat I am pretty happy with the list.

Thoughts?
    I look forward to reading your report. For those of you playing with Courser of Kruphix when do you Green Sun's for it and when do you not? ...and what value does it provide to the overall deck?

I'm not trying to imply that there is no value I'm trying to understand how people play with it. I can see it staving off some ground attacks so that's good, and the Guile interaction is nice.

Good against CMC 2
    Sep 2009
    San Antonio

For those playing a black splash, why are you not running darkest hour?
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
    If he is in superior strength, evade him.
    If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.
    Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
    If his forces are united, separate them.
    Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

-Sun Tzu

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

Besides being a 1 mana enchantment...Darkest Hours does really nothing for us.

It doesn't produce multiple mana, let us fix our draws, or lets us play lands....just makes all creatures black.

Since the meta has kind of evened out lately...I've decided to switch back to a more traditional GW build. It's been fun Doomwake-ing people off the face of the planet.

For those running Courser...how has he been? I imagine he has been doing all sorts of work with Exploration...but I seem to like Eidolon over him. However, both would be nice. But 7 Creatures seems like a lot...perhaps siding in Eidolon against control...?

Good against CMC 2
    Sep 2009
    San Antonio

Besides being a 1 mana enchantment...Darkest Hours does really nothing for us.

It doesn't produce multiple mana, let us fix our draws, or lets us play lands....just makes all creatures black.
    Making all creatures black is pretty strong with elephant grass I would think. Not even worth a 1 of?
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
    If he is in superior strength, evade him.
    If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.
    Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
    If his forces are united, separate them.
    Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

-Sun Tzu

Thread Information