Page 4 of 282 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Re: [DTW] Enchantress (Solitaire)

Quote Originally Posted by noobslayer View Post
    That guy is the reason Enchantress is in the LMF. The deck can't compete in the current field, and I think it was only able to do so before because of a very competent pilot, and a perfectly unprepared meta game in that two week window.
    I <3 Zach, but he scooped to Echoes with Confinement in play.

I'm not saying he's bad with the deck overall, but he's not this amazing pilot that can make a trashy deck win. The deck won because it smashes Goblins like almost no other deck(possible exception: Slivers), and it can take out control and aggro-control when you tune it right.

Technically what he's saying isn't incorrect either; the deck doesn't handle combo very well. But I think a few things are making him exaggerate the deck's weaknesses;

A)He's testing with TES more than most people will actually see it in a tourney, and
    B)He's running Squee.

re: Lifeforce -

It depends. If you're talking about stuff like Truffle Shuffle, Train Wreck, or Tog, yes, Lifeforce can be good. It stops Deed, their kill conditions, Deed, Echoes, Deed, late-game disruption and Deed.

But if those aren't strong enough a meta-concern, it can be pretty jank against more tempo-based black decks.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

Aww screw it.

I can't attend the GP on the 19th and 20th, but goddamn it, i'm there on the 18th for the qualifier. I couldn't care less about the 3 byes, I just want to see how many people I can beat with Enchantress (and win a foil Elvish Champion).

I thought about running Deadguy (Pikula's list exactly, only with 2 MD leylines instead of 2 Plagues, 4 Joetun Grunt instead of 4 WW, and a total of 4 plagues and Leylines between the MD and the SB; but i'm letting a friend borrow that).
    Then I thought about running Belcher (I have all the cards for it, including a sideboard with 4 leyline, but i'm still too scared of control).
    Then I thought about Flash (then I remembered how I had just bought all the Flashes and Hulks in my area for $1, then sold them for $12 apiece).

Since Angel Stompy (Godzilla's most current list, one of 4 decks I have built) is completley out, all I have left is Enchantress.

I could really care less about all this talk about how the deck isn't viable. The way I see it, Elephant Grass stops ETW's cold, and Confinement + Grove =='s GG against Flash (barring you live that long to cast them). I have play tested this deck to hell and back in the past month, and chalked up my win/loss records to every deck in the format (except Hulk, but I know how stupid that deck is).

Here is a fact of Enchantress (at least in my testing): it topdecks like a muthafucka.

Fact: I played 3 games against a mono-black control deck with MD Extripates, Therapies, Duresses, and Hymns. I was Cabal'ed turn one game one for 3 Argothian Enchantresses, and yes, I won that game. Game 2 I was Extripated for Solitary Confinement, Elephant Grass, and Enchantresses Presence, yet still won that game. Game 3 I also won, not at all thanks to 2 Spreading Algea's (yes, he used the tactic of just not tapping those two lands, which led into the tactic of not playing spells).

If I completely scrub out due to everyone and their dog playing Hulk Flash and other combo, then whatever, I accept the same fate as everyone else not playing Combo during the GP/qualifier. With that said, here is the list that I will more likely than not be taking to the GP:

//G/W/U Enchantress

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
    2 [R] Tropical Island
    4 [R] Savannah
    2 [US] Serra's Sanctum
    4 [ON] Windswept Heath
    2 [4E] Plains (1)
    6 [IA] Forest (2)

// Creatures
    4 [US] Argothian Enchantress

// Spells
    4 [ON] Enchantress's Presence
    2 [5E] Sylvan Library
    4 [JU] Solitary Confinement
    4 [US] Exploration
    1 [ON] Words of Wind
    4 [IN] Sterling Grove
    4 [DIS] Utopia Sprawl
    1 [PLC] Seal of Primordium
    3 [VI] Elephant Grass
    1 [OD] Holistic Wisdom
    1 [OD] Karmic Justice
    1 [WL] Aura of Silence
    1 [ON] Words of Wilding
    1 [MI] Sacred Mesa
    1 [CHK] Ghostly Prison
    2 [NE] Seal of Removal
    1 [NE] Parallax Wave

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 [VI] Elephant Grass
    SB: 1 [OD] Karmic Justice
    SB: 1 [WL] Seal of Primordium
    SB: 1 [MI] Null Chamber
    SB: 4 [US] Spreading Algae
    SB: 1 [SH] Sacred Ground
    SB: 2 [MR] Rule of Law
    SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void

I think Moat is overkill (both in the deck and in the wallet). This deck smashes aggro, and if you resolve Words of Wind against most control players, thats more or less game. Of course this has a bad combo match-up, but thats what most of the SB is geared towards anyway. The 4 Spreading Algeas really do make a difference against black.

If any of you are going to be at there at the 18th for any reason (by some miracle I could be there on the 19th, but no way in hell am I going to run this during the actual GP unless I stomp unprecedented face) and want to talk shop or whatever, it would be a blast to discuss things (especially if any present/past Enchantress players are there) like deck tech etc. Make sure to wish me luck, as I know people would rather read:

HOLY CRAP, ENCHANTRESS STORMS GP COLUMBUS

than

FLASH STORMS GP, SOME EXPERTS EST. SEEING IT COMING 3,000 MILES AWAY
    Last edited by Meister_Kai; 05-10-2007 at 11:07 PM.
    Ich bin aueslander und sprechen nicht gut Deutsch

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    To the guy trashing Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Zach struck the ground with lightning and out sprung barely-clad, nympho Enchantresses, riding pegasuses and listening to heavy metal; thus did a new age dawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Does Lifeforce have any merit for fighting Black decks? It seems like it could be useful against B-based control.
    Lifeforce is tough to run (though I hadn't thought of it before this) on account of the fact that when you're doing your thing, it's awful tough to come by . mana is like hella easy to come by, on account of sanctum. I'll test it after flash is gone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noobslayer View Post
    That guy is the reason Enchantress is in the LMF.
    Stop, you're making me blush... Seriously, though. I'm not that good at anything (excluding, perhaps, getting familiar with my German tutor). The meta was right for it (I've only lost to one goblins deck, ever. Therapy on moat to hit two sucked alot. Fucking lucksack.), I got awful lucky alot of times, and I got Gearhart to sign my City of Solitudes. I'll post that in the pimp forum when I get near a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    I <3 Zach, but he scooped to Echoes with Confinement in play.

I'm not saying he's bad with the deck overall, but he's not this amazing pilot that can make a trashy deck win. The deck won because it smashes Goblins like almost no other deck(possible exception: Slivers), and it can take out control and aggro-control when you tune it right.
    Aw, unicorn love is perhaps the last pure thing on this earth. But, yeah, I'm not good at this. I started at Dissension, though, so I'm pretty far above the curve, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spatula of the Ages
    A)He's testing with TES more than most people will actually see it in a tourney, and
    B)He's running Squee.
    A) Yes.
    B):
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, in the first post
    But I guess every good beginning has to come to an end. I’ll miss you, my goblin naboob. Ha. Boob.
    I'm pretty sure there's a more succenct answer somewhere in here, but I've cut him to go sixty, toying with adding an ivory mask or humility and goign back to 61. I don't play him, 'scept for when I top eight.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister_Kai View Post
    HOLY CRAP, ENCHANTRESS STORMS GP COLUMBUS
    Good luck! If you lose game one, you'll smash the anti-anti-Flash decks, like goblins. And probably even the anti-flash decks. Aydunno. I can't see you wining unless you're already in the loser's bracket, what with flash.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

As a note to anyone trying to play this at the GP,

A) Good luck.
    B) I did some brief testing with a Hulk-hate Enchantress list. I don't have an exact list, but it included

4x Leyline
    4x Ground Seal(against the Kiki kill)

Plus the requisite Grasses, Confinements, and Groves and you actually have a fair number of cards that could potentially shut them down. I ran with G/W/r/b, since REBs will be flying around like hot cakes and otherwise red and blue serve the same function.

A few problems I ran into;

A)There are versions with Deed, MD and SB; insane kill, draw, AND Deed?

Possible solution: fit in Suppresion Fields. This may force you to switch from the prefered kill conditions to the Hondens, but it may be worthwhile anyway.

B)Stern Proctor can be a pain in the ass if you don't have Leyline out.

Possible solution: there is none that I can think of.

It's not too hard to tweak it to deal with the U/(b/w) aggro-control decks; they don't usually have much clock, and often have dead cards against you(Stifle, Leyline). You can also SB in Algea/Multani's Presence.

If you tweak it, I think it could be as good as any other non-Hulk deck in the era of Hulk, which is some kind of compensation I guess. If you get the right pairings(that is, the right types of Hulk + non-Hulk decks), I can see you making day 2 with Enchantress.

if anyone is interested. i actually was brave enough to run enchantress at GP Columbus. Unfortunatly it was a last minute decision and the deck wasnt quite up to par in my opinion. i went 3-3 before dropping ( knowning that i wasnt going to make top 128 and that i wanted desperatly to play in the vintage tourney ).

Here is the deck list that i ran at GP:

( -2 Wild Growth, +1 Elephant Grass, +1 Utopia Sprawl )

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Sterling Grove
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Solitary Confinement
    3 Exploration
    3 Enlightened Tutor
    3 Cloud of Faeries
    2 Snap
    2 Decree Of Justice
    1 Mirri's Guile
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 Words of War
    1 Words of Wisdom
    1 Holistic Wisdom
    1 Seal of Primordium

1 Taiga
    2 Wooded Foothills
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    3 Tropical Island
    4 Savannah

SB needs tweeking still. I barely had to SB anyhow.

Matchups went like this:

Match 1 vs. Gobs: i won 2-1. Fairly easy, just didnt see the cards i needed in the second game. Started noticing deck tweeks from the get go. Not Running the 4th confinement was just retarded. Not having moats didnt help either.

Match 2 vs. G/R Zoo: i won 2-0. this match wasnt too difficult either. everything went pretty smoothly.

Match 3 vs. Gobs: lost 2-1. im still not quite sure how this happend. didnt see necessary cards due to the random jank that was taking up spots.

Match 4 vs. Hulk Flash: this deck is just dumb. there wasnt much i could do. game 1 he got turn 2 kill. game 2 i almost held off his attack ( the kiki version ) with a ghostly prison and grass. but i made poor decisions.

Match 5 vs. Some Blue White Control ( death and taxes? maybe? ) .... anyway... somehow lost 1-2. good games tho. not much to say about this one. ddint make too many player mistakes... just not an efficiant build.

Match 6 vs. 4 Color Zoo: i won 2-0. probably the coolest person i played against in the gp - lol. ( i think hes on here, but i cant remember his name... i want to say kenderleech? maybe? )

if there are any questions just ask. try not to demolish the deck list too hard - lol.

-E

More German than Germans
    Jul 2006
    Madison/Muncie IN

Quote Originally Posted by emitch View Post
    snip
    There was a time, about 1-2 years ago, where I had the patience to lay out card choices one by one, explaining everything and why it was there.

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to be rude, i'm just going to get to the nitty-gritty from the get-go and not spew bullshit about why certain things should be done, as its your duty to try the changes and see why they work.

First of all,

3 Enlightened Tutor
    3 Cloud of Faeries
    2 Snap
    2 Decree Of Justice
    1 Mirri's Guile

I recommend losing all of these, the only exception being perhaps 1 DoJ as a finisher and maybe Words of Worship (if you wanted to do some weird stuff with Test of Endurance).

Words of War vs. Words of Wind

Really depends on your meta. If you expect LOTs of fish, or other kinds of decks with Meddling Mage, I would perhaps go with War. However, since this deck already smashes aggro like no other, I like the Winds because resolving it and using it properly for like 1 turn seals the game against basically everything (thats not something like Belcher or Flash).

I think your deck could use 2 more forest, the 4th Exploration, 2 Moats (or, as I perfer, 1 Moat and 1 Parallax Wave), the 4th Confinement (as you said), and Sylvan Libraries (works great with Words of ___).

If you plan on using this in a tournament, I would start with a sideboard of 4 Spreading Algae's, as they rape B/x control. Sure they can just not tap that land, but thats 1 less mana they are using every turn.

More tips later on request/if I feel like it.

Also, Spatula, could you pm me your lattest build of G/W/R Enchantress, I want to see what you guys came up with and tech besides Immolation and Root Maze (sounds sort of dumb, I would almost rather use Kismit).
    Ich bin aueslander und sprechen nicht gut Deutsch

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Root Maze - The original thought was to shut down the artifact acceleration. But as it turns out LED doesn't have to tap to sac. So scrap that idea. We may just have to rely on CotV as the main anti-combo card. Aura of Silence and Spiritual Focus are also of some value.

Immolation - Post-board as an alternative to Seal of Fire;

Pros - Hits guys with Jitte
    Hits Tog
    Hits Mongrel

Cons - Doesn't hit Negator
    Needs a target in play in order to cast it

Moat/Parallax Wave - I've been noticing kind of an upswing in decks that don't really care about these, Slivers in particular. I really think Ghostly Prison would be better here.

I came to the same conclusion, probably at your insistance like a month ago. I currently run this list (I'll post it, for lack of a GWr list recently):

Lands (20):
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Savannah
    6 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Taiga
    2 Serra's Sanctum

Engine (8):
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence

Utility ():
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Seal of Fire
    1 Ghostly Prison
    1 Moat
    4 Sterling Grove
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Holistic Wisdom
    4 Elephant Grass
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 City of Solitude

Acceleration (8):
    4 Exploration
    4 Utopia Sprawl

Lock (4):
    4 Solitary Confinement

Win (2):
    1 Sacred Mesa
    1 Words of War

Alright Matt, you caught me (1):
    1 Squee, Goblin Nabob

Sideboard (15):
    3 Rule of Law
    1 Karmic Justice
    2 Spiritual Focus
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Null Chamber
    1 Seal of Fire
    1 Immolation
    2 Choke
    1 Sacred Ground
    1 City of Solitude
    1 Ghostly Prison

Thoughts (several):
    - Immolation hasn't really proven itself either way, yet. I think that it has potential, but I've yet to see it in a tournament.
    - Root Maze: Don't knock it. It locks down control matchups, and it's more attractive than the nivmizzet or whatever because it drops turn 1. Which was huge against combo. Until some stupid designer decided that if you had to discard your hand then you probably didn't need to tap. Asshole.
    - 4 Spreading algaes: NO! Don't try it. I know that if you're goign to use any algae, it has to be like four, or at least three, but I can't see this being necessary. Period. Just roll like a pimp and get card advantage from a hymn with two spiritual focuses. That card is seriously hot, and it's definetly proven itself. Makes shit like truffle shuffle almost 50-50.
    - 3 Rule of law is necessary.
    - Sacred Ground still hasn't proven itself. Anyone feel one way or the other on that one?
    - I dropped a moat for the fourth elephant grass from the board, and added a ghostly prison there to board out for the matchups where that is worthless, particularly Faerie stompy and Slivers, which have started to get kind of popular. I dig it.

Let's use this LMF while we're still awaiting data from colomubs, boys.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Is spiritual focus really better than Compost? It's better against discard and especially Hymn, but doesn't draw off of Sinkhole, Vindicate, Dark Ritual, Pernicious Deed, any of the storm combo black cards, the occasional Seal'd Specter/Confidant or Seal'd Engineered Plague (different Seal), or the even more occasional Whiff Duress or less occasional Whiff Therapy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Is spiritual focus really better than Compost? It's better against discard and especially Hymn, but doesn't draw off of Sinkhole, Vindicate, Dark Ritual, Pernicious Deed, any of the storm combo black cards, the occasional Seal'd Specter/Confidant or Seal'd Engineered Plague (different Seal), or the even more occasional Whiff Duress or less occasional Whiff Therapy.

The reason that Focus is better than Compost right now is because Focus is extremely effective against Ill Gotten Gains; no storm combo deck can really go off through Spiritual Focus.

In a meta where your main black concern is Sui, I would prefer Spreading Algea, since most Sui decks are going to bring in Dystopia against you, and Algea acts as both hate and answer to their hate.

If you were mainly worried about Truffle Shuffle and/or Tog, I would think that Lifeforce would be your best bet, since its slowness is less relevant in those match-ups and it can be more powerful.

Compost is kind of the compromise candiate among your black hate. It's ok against everything, but not extremely effective in any match-up, in my experience.

Monster Xero
    Sep 2006
    Minneapolis

So, Replenish is back. How many MB/SB does this run? I'd think 3-4 would warrant at least slots in the SB.
    Team ICBE

Try not to wake up on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    So, Replenish is back. How many MB/SB does this run? I'd think 3-4 would warrant at least slots in the SB.
    Damnit, you beat me to posting. I reckon I'll play like 0/3 mb/sb. It's really only useful against decks with deed, which I don't think make up enough of the format to be worth mb-ing. I think this will either lessen or negate the need for Karmic Justices, or, at least, Holistic Wisdom. Maybe 2 mained, cutting the wisdom and justice? I really think that the number of decks that can potentially have acess to massive enchantment removial is pretty short. But with weird stuff like 3 mb'd EE's top8ing at kaddy's event, I'd like to keep at least one in the board, at least. Let me stop being incoherent and tired and try to make a blanket statement (this is the best kind):

• Yes on rplenish.
    • No on entirely cutting Justice
    • Laptop keyboards suck because my thumb keeps on hitting the mouse pad and moving where I'm typing.
    • Wait for Spatula to offer his adivce - I know I'll be pming him tomorrow when I'll make actual sense.

Edit: Now you can play Enchntress again. Also, Mister Kai owes me a foil eigth edition elvish champion, if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm... I really think you shouldn't drop the Holistic Wisdom.
    I really like (although it is weak) the synergy with the draw engine, Seal of Fire, and graveyard recursion if you havent gotten to your other win conditions.

I'll really have to brainstorm to see what I could cut from my list for Replenish, although I really want some in my deck. as most of the time you will fetch at least 2/3 enchantments.

Plus, I find sometimes with a couple of enchantress effect out, I have to discard down to 7 at end of turn. Those can be basically reused.

Also, does Replenish trigger the enchantress effect? That could be a liability - killing yourself via drawing your deck. I'm thinking it doesnt trigger it as you dont 'play it'.

Also, do you have to return all you can, or do the 'Haunting Echoes trick' of not finding all the cards, oor the Mindslaver fetch trick of not finding the land?

In the LMF, proper grammar and punctuation are required. If you intend to continue posting in this forum, please find your shift key. Also, Replenish does not trigger the Enchantresses.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-01-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For now, I'd try the old configuration-ish of 2x MD and 1x SB.

This isn't just good against Deed, it also smashes any deck playing counters or discard. I really think this pushes Enchantress back out of the meta-game foil role and into at least tier 1.5.

Anyway, Holistic Wisdom; I'd drop that shit cold. I could pay 8 mana to play an Enchantress(3 for Wisdom + 2 to activate + 3 to play again) or I could pay 4 and dump 10+ enchantments directly into play. This isn't a trick question.

And no, it doesn't trigger Enchantresses, but it does trigger Ground Seal if you're running it.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Given that Replenish REALLY wants your Graveyard to stay safe, 1-2 Ground Seal MD seems like a good idea (And screws over Extirpate even more).

I still think that Holistic Wisdom might, MIGHT, be a possible SB cards just because it can fetch back Argothian and destroyed lands. (Maybe that isn't as big a problem as I think it?)

I am running 2x MD 1x SB now and I am not sure how much I like it, they can be mostly dead sometimes, but being able to recur Sterling Grove is always a nice feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

You could also move towards more sac-enchantments like Seals of Disenchant, Sterling Groves (well they're already there but...), or Pursuit of Knowledge and abuse Replenish that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Matt, basically everything you said turned out to be true.
    TeamReflection || noitcelfeRmaeT

My MOTL sale list

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    You could also move towards more sac-enchantments like Seals of Disenchant, Sterling Groves (well they're already there but...), or Pursuit of Knowledge and abuse Replenish that way.

This is something that's important to note. Replenish is almost never entirely dead because it can recur otherwise useful enchantments like Grove, Seals(Fire or Disenchant/Aura), plus Elephant Grass and Solitary Confinement.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Pursuit of Knowledge isn't really worth it unless you have Sylvan Library in play, but it could be worth to try it in one slot (If I could find one slot, my list is full up except for the 3 ESGs which I may, or may not, keep.)

If you run Mirri's Guile, Pursuit just seems bad as you need an Enchantress effect not to die under it.

Edit: I don't know what is worse, the fact that you stated the obvious, or the fact that the obvious needed to be stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

In a list with Words of Wind, I think I've stumbled on some tech to go close to infinite with it:

STEP 1:

In play - 1 Exploration, 2 Enchantress Effects, 1 Words of Wind, Serra's Sanctuum (say it taps for 8). No lands played yet this turn

In hand - Celestial Dawn

Tap Sanctuum for 8.
    Play Celestial Dawn (5 floating). Replace 2 draws with 2 WoW activations (3 floating), choose Exploration, and Sanctuum.
    Dawn resolves, you now can use white mana as mana of any color.
    Play Sanctuum (land for turn).
    Play Exploration with W (2 floating). Replace 1 draws, (1 floating othre draw still on stack) first activation choose Celestial Dawn.
    Second draw on the stack, tap Sanctuum for 7 (neither Exploration or Dawn is in play) since Dawn is no longer in play (8 floating). Replace draw, choose Sanctuum (7 floating).
    Exploration resolves (now a new object).
    Replay Sanctuum,(7 floating).

STEP 2:

In play - 1 Exploration, Sanctuum, 2 Enchantress effects, 1 WoW, Explorations used. Land played for turn and Exploration used.

In hand - Celestial Dawn

Tap Sanctuum for 8 mana (15 floating).
    Play Dawn (12 floating), activate WoW twice, bounce Explo and Sanctuum.
    Replay Explo (11 floating), replace 1 draw with WoW, choose Dawn (10 floating). Do something with the other draw (draw the card, bounce a different permanent, activate another Words of enchantment, something).
    Play Sanctuum off Explo (10 floating).

In play - 1 Exploration, Sanctuum, 2 Enchantress effects, 1 WoW, Exploration used, land for turn played.

REPEAT STEP 2 large number of times (possibly infinite if you find a good way to sink that card draw), gain +3 mana each time through the loop, and +1 card, and bounce 3 permanents from your opponents side of the board each time through. You're going to be bounded by the number of cards in your deck, or you'll need to find a way to throw something else in there (whether it's another permanent bounced by WoW that comes back everytime without triggering the Enchantresses, or a Words of Wilding/War/Worship activation, meaning you get +2 mana each time through instead).

It's kinda irrelevent since you probably want to draw most of your deck anyways to find Sacred Mesa/Words of War, or whatever else is in your deck. Essentially you bounce 3 permanents from your opponent's side of the board for each card you draw, which should be enough to bounce their entire board in 1 turn, as well as draw you deep enough into your deck to find your win condition, AND make enough mana to power whatever that win condition is. With Words of War, it's infinite damage.

Perhaps a list along the lines of:

//21 lands
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Savannah
    6 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Serra's Sanctum

//8 enchantress:
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence

//other stuff:
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Moat
    4 Sterling Grove
    1 Holistic Wisdom
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 City of Solitude

//8 Acceleration
    4 Exploration
    4 Utopia Sprawl

//3 Lock
    3 Solitary Confinement

//5 Go inf
    3 Words of Wind
    2 Celestial Dawn

//Win
    1 Sacred Mesa
    1 Words of War

//Squee
    1 Squee, Goblin Nabob

Words of Wind is fine on it's own, and all your permanents that you bounce should be coming back the same turn cantripping anyways. Celestial Dawn is obviously weak by itself, but the ability to bounce your opponent's entire board in one turn, draw your deck, and make near infinite/infinite mana can't be overlooked.

I'm not positive in the slightest that this list is anywhere near optimal. It's just a rough cut and paste of Zach's latest with some stuff moved around to make room for Words of Wind + Dawn.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Yes! I have a reason to finish Enchantress. Well what would a build with replentish look like. I am probably running 2 MD and 1 SB like a lot of people, but what gets cut main? Any lists?

Thread Information