Page 269 of 282 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen884 View Post
    I am building one around Suppression Field, having quite a success with it actually, the base is the 4 suppression 12 enchantress(4 GSZ, 4 argothian, 4 presence), 14 forest, the 14 white mana sources are from 4x chrome mox, 4x Serra, 4x Utopia and 2x Abundant Growth and no fetches, the rest I'm still testing it out xD.
    T1 field sounds hilarious

I think the suppression field idea and moving more towards the prison side of things is interesting. interested to hear results.

here's a list that did well running the suppression field/no fetch manabase: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18371&d=314058&f=LE
    Don't recall, Don't imagine, Don't think, Don't examine, Don't control, Rest

Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    I think the suppression field idea and moving more towards the prison side of things is interesting. interested to hear results.

here's a list that did well running the suppression field/no fetch manabase: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18371&d=314058&f=LE
    I don’t think suppression fields are bad main board if you can get them down turn 1. Soldier stomp has that plan to slow people down as well. I have them sideboarded as well.

Suppression field is exceptional t1, it can be compared to chalice, but like chalice it does lose some of its power later on, the upside is that it is still significant after turn 1. The chrome mox serves as both enabling that play and fixing the white mana problem without fetches, its working quite a bit xD. The only downside is exactly that to build the deck around it, using fetches and supp is awkward, its an incredible card but only when it is one-sided.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Very short FNM yesterday, we only played a total of 3 games, out of 8 people, 2 people decided to play storm (usally 3 people is into that), the 3rd i think was on SnT, I may be mistaken though, I didn't pay much attention to the other table. One of the guy left after losing to storm.

The list I decided to run for this event is:

1 Karakas
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Savannah
    1 Taiga
    9 Forest
    1 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum

3 Solemnity

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl

2 Ixalan's Binding

4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Enlightened Tutor

3 Sterling Grove
    1 Sylvan Library

3 Phyrexian Unlife
    1 Moat
    3 Elephant Grass

1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1 Emrakul, the Eons Torn

Sideboard:
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Nevermore
    1 Stony Silence
    3 Blood Sun

Before people start coming in, one guy and I was playing a few games before people start showing up. We played an unfinished game of Enchantress vs Shardless BUG. We received word that we managed to get 8 people and that the legacy will fire off shortly. So we left the game unfinished at a 1:1 record.

Round 1: vs Death and Taxes

G1: Opponent won the die roll, and had a pretty standard, T1 Vial, T2 Thalia. Thalia didn't really do much as I had the standard Forest + Growth, Turn 2 Argothian, hoever she didn't last very long as she was exiled a few turns later. I didn't have any engine but I locked him out with Solemnity and Phyrexian Unlife, with several elephant grass to back me up. The game lasted a while, as my opponent is very unfamiliar with the match up and was taking so long to take actions, it's FNM, I don't mind. I eventually won with Emrakul.

G2:
    We are past the time but he ended up winning game 2. With no time time to play game 3, we just called it a draw.

Round result: 1-1-1
    Current standing: 0-1-0

Round 2: vs Storm

From the previous weeks I've been playing, I've heard him said he wants to play versus my deck, eh, easy win? Sure, I guess...
    There are 3 people (out of the usual 8) who loves storm in my area, which is why I don't really feel like playing recently.
    One of them that never played me before and he doesn't know what I am playing, but I know what he's on, wanted to play a quick game before the event starts.
    I just said no.

G1: Opponent stormed out in a couple of turns, nice interactive game.

G2: I went T0 Sanctity, Turn 2, Teeg, turn 3 Solemnity (disappointed it wasn't Phyrexian Unlife).
    Opponent just complains about Teeg the next several turn as I keep attacking his health, and still trying to find Unlife, or sterling grove, or another copy of sanctity.
    he eventually stormed bouncing both my defenses, and saying that teeg is the only reason why the game is still going.

He left the table without saying much else.

Round result: 0-2
    Current standing: 0-1-1

Round 3: vs Burn

G1: I have a pretty decent hand of 2 enchantress, several acceleration, 1 sterling grove. However, he finished the game really fast, with a standard swiftspears, several bolts and quick fireblast finish.

G2: No engine, but have acceleration, sylvan library and enlightened tutor. He got goblin guide and turn 2 eidolon, I prioritized getting phyrexian unlife as i drew solemnity. He read the card saying I can still die to infect, then i simply showed him solemnity. he conceded.

G3: No engine, but protection, acceleration and tutor. He started out fast, unloading a bunch of bolts, I dropped unlife, and he ran out of gas, and assemble the combo in a few turns.

Round result: 2-1
    Final standing: 1-1-1

Tweaking with list a lot, random various builds, but with almost half of our small group who loves storm in FNM, I might just tweak the deck to specifically hate out that deck for next FNM.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Any thoughts about all these new Enchantments (sagas)?

Quote Originally Posted by jiazhouhuaqiao View Post
    Any thoughts about all these new Enchantments (sagas)?
    I don't have high hopes for any of them in enchantress

The one that caught my eye was Song of Freyalise-

2 cc
    Generates mana
    Trashes itself/ recur with Replenish

My version of Enchantress focuses on generating creature tokens though, so I've been looking for an Earthcraft effect to go infinite for years.

Unfortunately none of the saga/ historic support cards have stood out.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by jiazhouhuaqiao View Post
    The one that caught my eye was Song of Freyalise-

2 cc
    Generates mana
    Trashes itself/ recur with Replenish

My version of Enchantress focuses on generating creature tokens though, so I've been looking for an Earthcraft effect to go infinite for years.

Unfortunately none of the saga/ historic support cards have stood out.
    Is the anthem/sac effect relevant? Cryptolith Rite might just be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Is the anthem/sac effect relevant? Cryptolith Rite might just be better.
    That's true. I remember taking a look at Cryptolith Rite when it came out. Both function the same in my deck, and neither are as powerful as Earthcraft would be. Just something to keep in the mind for the future then, if better saga/ historic support gets printed. Like, if Board the Weatherlight weren't a lousy Impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post

So I gave it a spin on the last 2 weeks, I'm very happy with the results!

For those who do want to see the list, here it is:

Enchantment*(29)
    3x*Abundant Growth
    1x*Elephant Grass
    4x*Enchantress's Presence
    1x*Ground Seal
    2x*Oblivion Ring
    2x*Sigil of the Empty Throne
    2x*Solitary Confinement
    2x*Sterling Grove
    4x*Suppression Field
    4x*Utopia Sprawl
    4x*Wild Growth
    Creature*(5)
    4x*Argothian Enchantress
    1x*Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Land*(18)
    14x*Forest
    4x*Serra's Sanctum
    Sorcery*(4)
    4x*Green Sun's Zenith
    Artifact*(4)
    4x*Chrome Mox
    Sideboard*(15)
    1x*Gaddock Teeg
    2x*Helm of Obedience
    1x*Humility
    3x*Leyline of Sanctity
    4x*Leyline of the Void
    1x*Nevermore
    2x*Oblivion Ring
    1x*Solitary Confinement

Its a prison-ish enchantress build, I felt it has a better time vs combo mu's than the more traditional builds, but it gave up on some more favorable mu's which are the agressive decks like rug/grixis delver, I still feel we are even/slightly favored.

I faced these decks with this build:
    Burn (10-5) - I felt slightly unfavored g1 and favored g2/g3 so overall slightly favored.
    Nic Fit (7-2) - I felt heavily favored, suppression hits 60% of nic fit. Games I lost were ones I had below average hands/mulligans
    Grixis Delver (10-6) - I felt slightly favored g1, even g2/g3. Overall I think its very slightly to our favor with this list.
    UR Delver (4-3) - unfavored g1, even to slightly favored g2/g3. I think its slightly unfavored to even the mu, if you open with leyline of sanctity g2/g3 its almost game, if not, its pretty hard to lock fast enough through daze/Fow and huge pressure.
    ANT (4-4) - heavily unfavorable g1, even g2/g3. With the SB used there are a lot of lock pieces for storm to navigate through, the problem is the g1, which is extremely hard to win so overall its unfavorable.
    SnS (3-3) - unfavorable g1, slightly unfavorable to even g2/g3, Oblivion Ring/Supp Field/Humility helps a bunch on this mu, overall I think its unfavorable, but its not actually that terrible to play against.
    Lands (6-0) - heavily favorable all 3 games, traditional enchantress decks are already very favorable against lands, this list brings a higher number of mana sources (mox), more basics and suppression field that hist almost everything they have against us... Its like 90/10, only way they win is through a very fast marit lage and you don't have anything to stop it.
    Imperial Painter (2-0) - not much to say either, its brutal 90/10 mu.
    Elves (3-7) - Heavily unfavorable, its the other deck I play so much... So I'm not sure I'm happy or sad because Rec Sage is simply brutal vs us :(, probably this list is the worst vs Elves which is already a hard mu for enchantress, so not much we can do about it.
    UW Stoneblade (5-3) - Favorable, any enchantress effect online and its game, Supp field slows down a LOT its wincons.
    Czech Pile (4-0) - Slightly favorable, even though I didn't drop a game vs czech, I feel the mu is closer than what I played it because of Leovold, if they have it it is a very hard time for us, if they don't we are heavily favored, the games I won only one had a Leo out and it was around t4 and I had already drew enough answers for him, but a fast Leo cracks our engine.
    Miracles (4-0) - favorable, same as UW Stoneblade with the downside of Supp field not being as powerful against, but with the upside that we don't really care about terminus, even with argothian navigating it correctly we usually draw 2-3 cards before it gets hit by terminus.

I faced some other decks, but I'll gather more data on them to put here xD, anyway the numbers I had I'm actually really excited about them didn't think it would go as smoothly as it did, but I do admit some pilots I faced didn't play their deck as close to efficient so it does change a little how you view them, overall I'm liking a LOT how it is playing :).

I went to scg baltimore and although I played a 4C blade deck in the main event instead of enchantress my team still collectively crashed and burned. My opponents in the main event were on ANT, D&T, Mono red stompy, and reanimator. So I don't feel like playing enchantress would've helped me at all there.

I did however decide to play enchantress in the classic on Sunday but only managed to go 4-4. I was playing a Solemnity build which I was surprisingly happy with. With the exception of the hybrid tin fins deck I felt that I did get to play real games against everyone and took games in all other lost rounds.

Wins: Infect, Miracles, Grixis Delver, D&T
    Losses: 12-post, Turbo depths / tin fins hybrid, turbo depths, soldier stompy

This is what I ran out:

Enchantment (31)
    1x Cast Out
    1x City of Solitude
    4x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Exploration
    2x Mirri's Guile
    2x Phyrexian Unlife
    2x Rest in Peace
    3x Solemnity
    1x Solitary Confinement
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

Land (20)
    2x Dark Depths
    8x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    4x Windswept Heath

Instant (4)
    3x Crop Rotation
    1x Enlightened Tutor

Creature (5)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sideboard
    1x Choke
    1x Carpet of Flowers
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Damping Sphere
    1x Surgical Extraction
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Helm of Obedience
    2x Containment Priest
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Replenish
    1x Banishing Light

Moving forward I would definitely take Helm of Obedience out of the sideboard, maybe replace it with another win condition like Sigil. My other issue was that I found it much more difficult to find room for Leyline in the turbo depths and even grixis delver matchup. Maybe I just need to grind those matchups more and see what is good/bad though. I could see myself testing the deck more and figuring out if this is the direction I want to go.
    Last edited by simdude; 05-07-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Aug 2016
    Flanders

I played Eternal Weekend (Europe) and a sunday side event with 3-Helm-4-RIP Enchantress. It's a build based on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QHRYVaHyo

Although I only did 5-4 and 3-2, I'm still having a 64% winrate in 50 matches with the decklist below since I started playing this build on Magic Online about a week ago. So that's made me like 80 tix profit already on MTGO, including several 4-1s. Having 3 Helms just makes killing people a lot easier, not having to rely on getting a draw engine on necessarily. Better vs fast decks or Leovolds :-)

List was
    4 Argothian
    4 Presence
    2 Sterling
    4 Rip
    3 Helm
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Energy Field
    1 Banishing Light
    1 City of Solitude
    2 Solitary Confinement
    4 Growth
    4 Sprawl
    3 Guile
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Windswept
    1 Karakas
    4 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Sanctum
    1 Chrome Mox - sucked overall, swapped it with a second Field for the side event as I didn't bring any cards but these 75

SB:
    1 Humility
    2 Containment Priest (still unproven; was as a reaction to BR Reani adopting the 3-4 Reverent Silence plan - while Elves and Sneaky Show are rough too so seemed like a nice catch-all)
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Banishing Light
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    1 Nevermore (very unsure about it)
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Energy Field
    2 Seeds of Innocence

I lost 2 rounds in Eternal Weekend due to opponents I could have otherwise easily beat, FOWing RIP and then Surgicalling it g3. Just the 1-off Sigil often isn't enough or you don't find it in time, so I'm now gonna test an extra sideboard wincon vs decks like Delver, Czech Pile (the 2 matches I lost) or Miracles where you're most likely to get FOW+Surgicalled out of the game. Nissa, Vital Force seems like the sweetest currently in grindy matchups, Kiora, the Crashing Wave could also be good vs Delver as a pseudo Fog?

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Enchantment*(29)
    3x*Abundant Growth
    1x*Elephant Grass
    4x*Enchantress's Presence
    1x*Ground Seal
    2x*Oblivion Ring
    2x*Sigil of the Empty Throne
    2x*Solitary Confinement
    2x*Sterling Grove
    4x*Suppression Field
    4x*Utopia Sprawl
    4x*Wild Growth
    Creature*(5)
    4x*Argothian Enchantress
    1x*Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Land*(18)
    14x*Forest
    4x*Serra's Sanctum
    Sorcery*(4)
    4x*Green Sun's Zenith
    Artifact*(4)
    4x*Chrome Mox
    Sideboard*(15)
    1x*Gaddock Teeg
    2x*Helm of Obedience
    1x*Humility
    3x*Leyline of Sanctity
    4x*Leyline of the Void
    1x*Nevermore
    2x*Oblivion Ring
    1x*Solitary Confinement
    Super interested in this build as I've been wanting to try a Chrome Mox version. Do you have any updates or new insights from the last couple of weeks? I'm thinking of trying a variant with one copy Sigil and playing WoWar over the second copy, along with some other minor changes

Edit: also eager to join the Serra's Sanctum discord if you can share a new link :)

Quote Originally Posted by cdnza View Post
    Super interested in this build as I've been wanting to try a Chrome Mox version. Do you have any updates or new insights from the last couple of weeks? I'm thinking of trying a variant with one copy Sigil and playing WoWar over the second copy, along with some other minor changes

Edit: also eager to join the Serra's Sanctum discord if you can share a new link :)
    I think this still should work: https://discord.gg/Cj7SD9Y

Oh, I had a terrible run yesterday hahah, but I think it was mostly because of the pairings and I flooded a bunch and muliganed a bunch... So it was just a hard day xD. Got paired with my own elves deck I lend (The absolute worst mu with this list at least), but I guess its an overall very hard mu for any enchantress, Rec sage is a beating with symbiote.

Storm - I still have the same feeling, g1 its very very hard for any enchantress build, g2 I had a lot of answers in the deck overall but I went down to 5, hand 1 had 5 lands utopia and leyline, I thought a lot and sent it back, the next 6 cards no lands... So it got very hard to win with a 5 card hand :(.
    Dredge - I actually think its slightly favorable the mu, but gosh g3 I had enchantress serra and sterling grove, but didn't draw a single 1/2 mana enchantment to break the grove for elephant grass and lock it up, drew 3 lands in sequence.

Then I played 4c blade, and I really think this is a very good mu, because suppression is a beating, you have 18 must counter threats on the deck so its very very hard for them to keep up. Almost always I open up with Supp field in this mu if I have it, if they don't counter they slow down a lot.
    And after the tourney I played goblins which I also consider pretty favorable, supp field protects your lands from rishadan and wasteland and makes their start with vial simply awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    I played Eternal Weekend (Europe) and a sunday side event with 3-Helm-4-RIP Enchantress. It's a build based on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QHRYVaHyo

Although I only did 5-4 and 3-2, I'm still having a 64% winrate in 50 matches with the decklist below since I started playing this build on Magic Online about a week ago. So that's made me like 80 tix profit already on MTGO, including several 4-1s. Having 3 Helms just makes killing people a lot easier, not having to rely on getting a draw engine on necessarily. Better vs fast decks or Leovolds :-)

List was
    4 Argothian
    4 Presence
    2 Sterling
    4 Rip
    3 Helm
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Energy Field
    1 Banishing Light
    1 City of Solitude
    2 Solitary Confinement
    4 Growth
    4 Sprawl
    3 Guile
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Sylvan Library
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Windswept
    1 Karakas
    4 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Sanctum
    1 Chrome Mox - sucked overall, swapped it with a second Field for the side event as I didn't bring any cards but these 75

SB:
    1 Humility
    2 Containment Priest (still unproven; was as a reaction to BR Reani adopting the 3-4 Reverent Silence plan - while Elves and Sneaky Show are rough too so seemed like a nice catch-all)
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Banishing Light
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    1 Nevermore (very unsure about it)
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Energy Field
    2 Seeds of Innocence

I lost 2 rounds in Eternal Weekend due to opponents I could have otherwise easily beat, FOWing RIP and then Surgicalling it g3. Just the 1-off Sigil often isn't enough or you don't find it in time, so I'm now gonna test an extra sideboard wincon vs decks like Delver, Czech Pile (the 2 matches I lost) or Miracles where you're most likely to get FOW+Surgicalled out of the game. Nissa, Vital Force seems like the sweetest currently in grindy matchups, Kiora, the Crashing Wave could also be good vs Delver as a pseudo Fog?
    I know someone who used this energy field splashed black for a doomwake giant as the other win condition.
    They went 6-2 in a Baltimore classic a couple of years ago. This is part of the reason you need to diversify threats as I find they could cut you off. Pitching needle and phyrexian revoker will stop the rip-helm game plan unless you draw the out.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

I think this still should work: https://discord.gg/Cj7SD9Y

edit: oops, sorry for the giant table breaking image

Try again:
    https://discord.gg/Cj7SD9Y

I went to the channel and it still was the same link, also tested it without being logged in, maybe it was temporarily offline.

Anyway yesterday had another small run,
    Goblins 2-0
    Storm 2-1
    Storm (again) 0-2
    Death and Taxes 2-1

So overall 3-1, Felt pretty nice this time hahah, even though storm is pretty hard to beat, Gobbos is a very good mu with the list I posted on some comments before, the games I lost to goblins were only the very explosive hands, usually t3 or t4 otp kills.

The Mending of Dominaria has some potential I think. It can be card advantage for games where people discard or kill off our Argothian Enchantress's. With fetches or Wasteland's there can be abuse and ramp potential with the 3rd age. If you run 2 you have infinite recursion. This could create the opportunity to run other end game fatties instead of Emrakul like the newest Ulamog. Mirri's Guile is a bonus with this card to setup lands for the yard on the first and second age. I'm not saying this card is a must include, but it does seem like this card was designed with Enchantress in mind. The potential is there. Kudos to wizards on a nice design to get me excited about messing around with Enchantress again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankalicious View Post
    The Mending of Dominaria has some potential I think. It can be card advantage for games where people discard or kill off our Argothian Enchantress's. With fetches or Wasteland's there can be abuse and ramp potential with the 3rd age. If you run 2 you have infinite recursion. This could create the opportunity to run other end game fatties instead of Emrakul like the newest Ulamog. Mirri's Guile is a bonus with this card to setup lands for the yard on the first and second age. I'm not saying this card is a must include, but it does seem like this card was designed with Enchantress in mind. The potential is there. Kudos to wizards on a nice design to get me excited about messing around with Enchantress again.
    I don't know, for 5 mana isn't Sigil of the Empty Throne just better? The mu's where Mending is relevant are the grindy mu and Sigil looks like a much bigger threat.

Thread Information