Page 281 of 282 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282 LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Post-DRS and Pre-War was the best positioned the deck has been possibly ever. A lot of the top decks were very favorable - UW Miracles, Grixis Control, Stoneblade, Grixis Delver, Depths, DnT, Lands. War and Modern Horizons introduced Narset, Blast Zone, and Force of Vigor. Narset meant that any blue deck, which used to be very favorable, suddenly had an insanely powerful hoser MD, Blast Zone meant that any deck with Crop Rotation had a cheap out to Elephant Grass, and FoV meant free removal in a whole swarm of decks. In addition, although level 1 analysis might say that Oko doesn't hurt us, the truth is that it killed a lot of our best matchups, especially Grixis anything, Stoneblade, and DnT.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Is this really powerful for the deck?!

Quote Originally Posted by alvoi View Post
    [IMG]https://c1.scryfall.com/file/scryfall-cards/large/front/1/5/15fd218c-3e14-4b82-9e03-16a0fad1b530.jpg?1622161746

Extremely worse sanctum
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Extremely worse sanctum
    Well, the only possible way it is better though is if you have Sterling Grove out so it gets Shroud, where Sanctum is harder to protect from something like Wasteland. But, in every other way it is much worse.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Another Enchantress Creature - Legendary and no shroud

"Sythis, Hand of the Harvest"
    GW
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - Nymph
    Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, gain 1 life and draw a card.
    Illus. Ryan Yee 1/2

https://mythicspoiler.com/mh2/cards/...heharvest.html

The fact that it's a Legendary is a no-go for me. At least you can GSZ zénith it.

Sanctum Weaver looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Well, the only possible way it is better though is if you have Sterling Grove out so it gets Shroud, where Sanctum is harder to protect from something like Wasteland. But, in every other way it is much worse.
    It's also better than sanctum in the sense that it can tap for green (obviously it doesn't make the card overall better but it's just another aspect to consider)

The fact that it's a Legendary is a no-go for me. At least you can GSZ zénith it.
    Are you just referring to the downside of not being able to play multiple copies?
    If your opponent uses Karakas on it you can replay it and it triggers all of your enchantress effects again (and you can even do that yourself with your own Karakas)

Quote Originally Posted by aedemiel View Post
    You probably only want to run 1-2 Sythis, Hand of the Harvest anyway so legendary isn't too awful. It is an enchantment and a creature so you'll draw cards off of your other enchantresses when you cast her. Karakas lets you replay her which is good. But the BIG downside is no protection (shroud / hexproof). She dies to Bolt, STP and everything else. The life gain is a bit moot. Imho, she's not good enough to replace Argothian Enchantress or Enchantresses Presence. However she could replace the Eidolon of Blossoms slot. She doesn't draw off of her ETB but she does trigger other enchantresses, she costs 2 less and is still GSZable.
    "WaaaauuugghhhaaaauuugghhhaauuugghhhaaauuugghhhW" -Chewbacca

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    You probably only want to run 1-2 Sythis, Hand of the Harvest anyway so legendary isn't too awful. It is an enchantment and a creature so you'll draw cards off of your other enchantresses when you cast her. Karakas lets you replay her which is good. But the BIG downside is no protection (shroud / hexproof). She dies to Bolt, STP and everything else. The life gain is a bit moot. Imho, she's not good enough to replace Argothian Enchantress or Enchantresses Presence. However she could replace the Eidolon of Blossoms slot. She doesn't draw off of her ETB but she does trigger other enchantresses, she costs 2 less and is still GSZable.
    This is how I feel as well. It seems like a 1-2 of in some builds. It's the first time the deck has access to more than 4 2 cmc enchantresses, so that's pretty cool. I like the Karakas bounce and replay as there are certainly times where you need a little reach with a few bad draws, even though rare. The life gain isn't super consequential but it's better than no life gain at all I suppose.

Maybe if you give Weaver hast with Instill Energy or Crossroads.
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Maybe if you give Weaver hast with Instill Energy or Crossroads.
    It's sad man, but in the past I was tinkering around with Instill Energy, and I have to tell you

Enchanted creature can attack as though it had haste.

So it doesn't work, what a shame
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by WorstBandNameEver View Post
    Another Enchantress Creature - Legendary and no shroud

"Sythis, Hand of the Harvest"
    GW
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - Nymph
    Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, gain 1 life and draw a card.
    Illus. Ryan Yee 1/2

https://mythicspoiler.com/mh2/cards/...heharvest.html
    It costs 2 mana. Automatic 4-of, typeline "Legendary" be damned.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    It costs 2 mana. Automatic 4-of, typeline "Legendary" be damned.
    Card is pretty darn good. I'm not sure I'm jamming as an auto-4 of, but we'll start at 2 and go up from there.

People, remember that Sterling Grove will probably protect it most of the time, and if you're playing GSZ, you can slide it out into play. I don't think Sanctum Weaver is bad either as a 1-of for value.

My list from before:

5 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Sterling Grove
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Solitary Confinement

3 Wild Growth
    2 Abundant Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress' Presence

1 Rest in Peace
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Cast Out
    1 Words of War
    1 Nether Void
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

--SIDEBOARD--

1 Nether Void
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Stony Silence
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Humility
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Arasta of the Endless Web
    1 Drop of Honey

------

This was my older list. I'd probably cut the Cast Outs for Sythis and go from there...

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    I feel like that, but i'd rather replace the Eidolon slots with GSZs (can search for our Argothians and are also more versatile than more Enchantresses, especially now that we have so many Enchantment Creatures that are Enchantress playable) than another Enchantress effect that's inherently worse than the ones the deck already uses. The only part in which i feel she is interesting is the lifegain part - it's the first Enchantress effect to ever do that, and it could be important on some MUs like Burn - if it wasnt for the fact that a single Shock is enough to kill it, let alone a Bolt. And i don't think it's worth it to run it hoping to put a Grove out; it's a suboptimal thought on the game line of the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by WorstBandNameEver View Post
    This is how I feel as well. It seems like a 1-2 of in some builds. It's the first time the deck has access to more than 4 2 cmc enchantresses, so that's pretty cool. I like the Karakas bounce and replay as there are certainly times where you need a little reach with a few bad draws, even though rare. The life gain isn't super consequential but it's better than no life gain at all I suppose.
    Even though, the Karakas-bounce-replay thing might be once another good way to mitigate the bad draws the deck sometimes get stuck on. Maybe one copy... ish?

I mean, i'll test it - but i don't have great expectations for it.

Quote Originally Posted by alvoi
    Nope, not at all. Similarly to Sythis, it only works well with the strategy when paired with Grove or Auramancy (that i really don't think anyone runs on their builds) and it doesn't generate mana when it comes in. Sanctum being vulnerable to Wasteland is only irrelevant because you should - and can - only play it at the exact moment you're gonna make enough mana to win the game on the spot. With Weaver, you'll have to wait a whole turn. And i don't fancy running things like Crossroads just to enable this one card.

Personally, those two belong in Modern Enchantress - if that ever comes to be a thing. :/

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4048654#paper
    I've had a lot of success with this list lately, going to be trying just 1 Sythis for now, I like the life gain and the ability to trigger my other enchantress effects, so I think it could be alright, despite the fact that it's the only creature in the deck that doesn't work with Cavern Of Souls on human. I still really do like Cavern, it makes FoW matchups so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sainttobias View Post
    I've had a lot of success with this list lately, going to be trying just 1 Sythis for now, I like the life gain and the ability to trigger my other enchantress effects, so I think it could be alright, despite the fact that it's the only creature in the deck that doesn't work with Cavern Of Souls on human. I still really do like Cavern, it makes FoW matchups so much easier.
    So, you don't find space for the Sanctum Weaver?

Quote Originally Posted by malekith View Post
    So, you don't find space for the Sanctum Weaver?
    Given he's running 3 Sanctums alrready, i see no reason to include Weavers.

Quote Originally Posted by sainttobias View Post
    I like this list a lot more than i thought i would.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Shortly before MH2 spoiled the entire deck was being legalized in Modern I tried throwing a list together. As predicted it was bad, but I won a handful of games solely off Archon of Sun's Grace being actively insane. Since then I've been tweaking my legacy list to play it.

The comparison point is Sigil of the Empty Throne. I've never really liked this card so there will absolutely be bias ahead, but my main complaint about it is that by the time it does end the game you are usually be able to end the game with a different card. Thus it should be judged not on its performance as a win condition but a lock piece, especially since we just got another option for token-generation wins in Hallowed Haunting (note: I have not played HH at all, anything I say about it will be speculation). First is Archon's biggest downside: it creates tokens not on cast but on EtB, so it's a bit worse against counterspells and instant-speed removal. Sigil churns out 4/4s, but this is reliant on either having 5 mana and an untap step or 6 mana and a cmc1 spell. Archon costs 1 less and IMMEDIATLY creates a creature. In a format where the Lightning Bolt deck is tier1, 4 is the magic number. Archon survives Bolt, but it's tokens do not (point again for Sigil). However, if your opponent is bolting a 2/2 instead of you or Sythis it's a good day. The last argument for this card is lifelink. Being able to undo one Blot's worth of damage every turn is fine enough on it's own. In the theoretical case of resolving a Growth effect immediate after Archon, you will spend 5 mana and 2 cards to generate 5 flying/lifelink power across 2 bodies. This is a serious threat for any deck trying to play a fair game as you will quickly put yourself out of range. If it is left unchecked it's not uncommon for Archon to make 4 or 5 2/2s.

This is where I'm at right now:

4 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Archon of Sun's Grace 4-mana "enchantresses" 9-10, win condition.

4 Destiny Spinner
    4 Sythis, Harvest's Hand The lifegain on this card is surprisingly relevant.

4 Utopia Sprawl I've tried going down to 0 ramp auras before, even attempted to play Abundant Harvest in place of them. I don't quite think it worked. That being said Sprawl and Wild Growth are both miserable draws when you're losing, so I cut the worse card.
    4 Abundant Growth
    4 On Thin Ice
    4 Curse of Silence Fun card. I had tried splashing black for Brain Maggot before and while if never felt bad it was never quite good enough. Next iteration will feature it as they play well together and an increased creature count makes Deafening Silence a more attractive option.
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Cast Out It's not a 4-mana removal spell with cycling, it's a 1-mana cantrip with kicker.

1 Enlightened Tutor "Enchantress" #11. Turn 1 ETutor for Sythis is a decent line, it's effectively a mulligan but I'd rather not bank on trying to stick a a 3-mana do-nothing.

4 Prismatic Ending Wonderful addition to the deck. Having Oblivion Ring occasionally cost 1 is well worth the drawback of not getting to cantrip.

1 Helm of Obedience

6 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Snow-Covered Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Prismatic Vista
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Karakas
    1 Savannah
    1 Taiga As of now this only exits to power up Prismatic Ending
    1 Blast Zone Fun 1-of, relevant in control matchups and against opponents playing mono 1-drops.
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity Fun 1-of, relevant in control matchups and if you need to re-buy a Sythis or On Thin Ice.

With this configuration Archon has been acting as the primary win condition rather than Helm, Sythis being legendary means you have less "3 draw triggers on the stack" games so the combo angle is worse. Need to play more defensively and rely on 1-for-1 answers to fight on the board.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Shortly before MH2 spoiled the entire deck was being legalized in Modern I tried throwing a list together. As predicted it was bad, but I won a handful of games solely off Archon of Sun's Grace being actively insane. Since then I've been tweaking my legacy list to play it.
    I think with Archon vs. Sigil, you have to decide what you're going to encounter more often: Swords to Plowshares or Force of Vigor. Prismatic Ending can easily cover 0-3 CMC. The 4c control decks can get up to 4 CMC, but 5 (Sigil) is usually safe. If you face Death and Taxes more frequently, then Sigil still is more likely to survive (Skyclave Apparition covers 0-4).

Archon and Sigil serve different purposes, though. Lifelink is actively helpful. I see Archon as more of a value card than a finisher. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I think with Archon vs. Sigil, you have to decide what you're going to encounter more often: Swords to Plowshares or Force of Vigor. Prismatic Ending can easily cover 0-3 CMC. The 4c control decks can get up to 4 CMC, but 5 (Sigil) is usually safe. If you face Death and Taxes more frequently, then Sigil still is more likely to survive (Skyclave Apparition covers 0-4).

Archon and Sigil serve different purposes, though. Lifelink is actively helpful. I see Archon as more of a value card than a finisher. Let us know how it goes.
    Probably keeping the Archons/Sigils on the side, acting as sort of a transformational sideboard feature? Think it cuts.

The only thing of this list i don't feel good about is it has no Presences. Sythis is a very good card for Enchantress, but not "cuts-Presence-entirely-from-the-list-and-yet-as-a-4-of" levels of good. It's easier to tutor for, but way easier to interact with. Enchantress depends on the Enchantress effects, if the opponent can interact with them so easily it completely disrupts the strategy. Some choices on this list reflect such stance. Mana auras are one of the best draws if you have 2-3 Enchantresses out. You get to have a way to draw more cards and keep your mana up. Honestly, with 2-3 Enchantress Effects out, any enchantment is a good draw.
    Last edited by pedropohren; 01-12-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Thread Information