Page 229 of 282 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Congrats. Hope u get a spot on cam today, didn't see any enchantress yesterday. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    Thanks for updating us. Your friend seems like a very strong player to keep putting up these results.

In other new I did want to pop in and say how hyped I am because I'm moving into day two of SCG Philly at 7-2. I also know that another player is 7-2 on Enchantress as well. There could even be a third but I didn't see how his last round went.
    deck list?

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    deck list?
    If you didn't see the day 2 metagame breakdown on SCG, there were in fact 3 enchantress players in day 2. We ended up talking quite a bit and we all had very different decks.

I eventually finished 46th after crashing a bit today (started 2-1, ended 2-4). I don't think I'll have the energy or time to do a full report but I think I will make a post later about all 15 rounds, my brief thoughts about the matchups, and maybe some more hindsight analysis for card choices. I'm definitely still too emotionally wrapped up in it to go deep now though.

Enchantment (29)
    1x Banishing Light
    4x Elephant Grass
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Exploration
    3x Mirri's Guile
    2x Rest in Peace
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Sphere of Safety
    2x Sterling Grove
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth
    1x Worship

Sorcery (4)
    4x Green Sun's Zenith

Land (19)
    1x Bayou
    6x Forest
    1x Karakas
    1x Plains
    1x Savannah
    3x Serra's Sanctum
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills
    1x Verdant Catacombs

Creature (7)
    4x Argothian Enchantress
    1x Doomwake Giant
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms
    1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Artifact (1)
    1x Helm of Obedience

Sideboard (15)
    1x Aegis of the Gods
    1x Choke
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Dread of Night
    3x Leyline of Sanctity
    1x Rest in Peace
    2x Sterling Grove
    2x Stony Silence
    3x Thoughtseize

Edit: Incorrectly had Kruphix's Insight listed in my sideboard previously instead of Dread of Night which is a change I made the day-of.
    Last edited by simdude; 03-01-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Congratulations, simdude. I like your build! Sounds like a draining day - hope to get more of your insights soon.

As for the position of Enchantress right now - what do we think?

What pushed Enchantress out of the metagame or held in in fringe territory? And has that changed somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    If you didn't see the day 2 metagame breakdown on SCG, there were in fact 3 enchantress players in day 2. We ended up talking quite a bit and we all had very different decks.

I eventually finished 46th after crashing a bit today (started 2-1, ended 2-4). I don't think I'll have the energy or time to do a full report but I think I will make a post later about all 15 rounds, my brief thoughts about the matchups, and maybe some more hindsight analysis for card choices. I'm definitely still too emotionally wrapped up in it to go deep now though.

Catcher of souls, hunter of spirits
    Jan 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Originally Posted by korstructure View Post
    As for the position of Enchantress right now - what do we think?

What pushed Enchantress out of the metagame or held in in fringe territory? And has that changed somehow?
    It's always been fringe just due to the fact that in a format with most of the strongest cards ever printed, you're playing a bunch of fundamentally fair green permanents at sorcery speed, you have little card selection without your engine online, and you have to fill your deck with a bunch of otherwise dead draws like 8 Wild Growth effects. That will never change. The more fair and creature based the format is though, the better positioned the deck is.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

I was looking at 2 cards earlier, one is a bit more expensive but it does shut off cards like Chalice and Trinispheres.
    Stony Silence and Titania's Song, song is one turn slower than silence (with turn 1 growth for song), but it does shut off other stuff that silence doesn't.
    Could the song be good, or it's silence all the way?
    Last edited by Claymore1; 02-29-2016 at 03:17 AM.

Song can't be targeted by decay which is great as well. Maybe we have to consider it

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

In what matchup are you bringing in song and worried about decay? Storm? In that case I'd rather have the 2 drop. I don't hate the card if you're worried about MUD, but it seems niche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I was also playing in the Open Event this past weekend and chatted with Simdude and another enchantress player a bit. It was nice to meet you guys there. It was pretty awesome to chat more in person about enchantress and see 3 different builds make the 64. I started messing with enchantress a little over a month ago. I will say that I am super excited to work further on the deck and try out more cards in the future. I will do a little tournament report when I get the opportunity sometime over the next couple days. I'll leave you guys with a decklist for now.

Oath Enchantress
    by James Kandziolka

4 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Savannah
    1 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills
    7 Forest
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Oath of Nissa
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Mirri's Guile
    2 Exploration
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Solitary Confinement
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Sideboard:
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Choke
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Banishing Light
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Krosan Grip

Apr 2011
    South Jersey

I always play mirris guile of library. I haven't played legacy in quite some time, but looking at the current meta enchantress should be cleaning up right now. I don't see a single deck that can give it fits besides some chalices main deck in eldrazi but those are easily dealt with after sideboard. Makes me want to get the deck back together again.
    Legacy deck of choice: Enchantress

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Not that my results are particularly interesting, but I finally got to jam this at Friday's FNM (13 players). I ended up 3-0-1 (took an intentional draw into top 4, because it was 11 pm and I was tired).

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Doomwake Giant

1 Enlightened Tutor

4 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Banishing Light
    1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Sphere of Safety
    4 Elephant Grass
    3 Mirri's Guile
    3 Rest in Peace
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Sterling Grove
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth

1 Helm of Obedience

1 Plains
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    2 Wooded Foothills
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    7 Forest

Round 1, UWR 'Blade.

New kid, borrowing the deck. I honestly tell him I have no idea if this is a good matchup for him. I guess it probably isn't.

Game 1 GSZ for an Enchantress, he has Stoneforge for Batterskull. I play an Elephant Grass (nice Germ). My life total is never in any real danger and I bait out a Force of Will with something (I don't remember) then play RiP and Helm.

Game 2, he has a Meddling Mage and names Argothian Enchantress (probably a bad idea, but I actually drew 2 so maybe not?) and I take some hits off a Clique and the Mage. I get other Encantress effects in the mean time and soon enough have Solitary with Grove and there is really not much he can do. I draw Sigil of the Empty Throne and he scoops.

Round 2, Elves. Game 1 I have a couple Elephant Grass, into a turn 3 Doomwake and he does what a Doomwake does. Game 2 I mull to a somewhat awkward hand that doesn't have White mana except Serra's Sanctum and all I draw are White cards. This makes me a turn or so too slow and I get Hoofed. Game 3 my hand is a little slow, but I slow him down with some StPs then land Doomwake. He clears out the board pretty well but eventually gets Rec Saged. At this point though I have 5 Enchatress effects, which draw me most of my deck but no win conditions and time gets called while I sit behind a Sphere of Safety and 8 Enchantments. I finally have Emmy in my hand though but have to pass. He, of course, Toughtseizes me, takes Emmy. He is at 4 though and so I play a Doomwake and he realizes that with 2 Enchatments in my hand (both Seterling Groves) he can't win and scoops.

Round 3, MonoBlack "aggro" (with Helm/Leyline).

Game 1 Elephant Grass is randomly hilarious and locks him out, even though he Hymned me and took my 2nd and 3rd lands. Lili comes down though and fun time is over. I play out Enchantresses as cantrips, just to get her to tick down. Finally draw into RiP and Helm and win.

Game 2: Super awkward. I draw nothing but things that don't really do anything (like all three RiP) and I end up getting beat down by Deathrites (yeah, combat damage). I find out that he is running Helm too, I guess those RiPs were real dicey.

Game 3: I had boarded in my Leylines of Sancity and he shows me after the game that 2/3rds of his hand is targeted discard. I RiP and pass because I don't think he can actually remove it to Helm me. He can't and I helm him next turn.

Round 4 I just take the ID to top 4.

Deck felt pretty good, I think I'd want the Exploration though, I see how it can really help. Probably won't play it again next week to keep the meta on it's toes, but I will definitely be playing this again. I messed up a couple things, missed my Enchatress triggers once (had out Solitary so it could have been real bad, but I had a second Enchantment I could play) but overall I felt reasonably comfortable.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Jankalicious View Post
    I was also playing in the Open Event this past weekend and chatted with Simdude and another enchantress player a bit. It was nice to meet you guys there. It was pretty awesome to chat more in person about enchantress and see 3 different builds make the 64. I started messing with enchantress a little over a month ago. I will say that I am super excited to work further on the deck and try out more cards in the future. I will do a little tournament report when I get the opportunity sometime over the next couple days. I'll leave you guys with a decklist for now.

Oath Enchantress
    by James Kandziolka

4 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Savannah
    1 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills
    7 Forest
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Oath of Nissa
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Mirri's Guile
    2 Exploration
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Solitary Confinement
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Sideboard:
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Choke
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Banishing Light
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Krosan Grip
    I started messing with Enchantress a little over a month ago and was looking to just gain a good amount of experience through this tournament. Here is my tournament report to go along with the deck list posted above from the Star City Open in Philly. I can’t remember everything clearly, but I will do my best.

Rd 1. - Sneak and Show
    This was goes to a close game 3. I sided in Gaddock Teeg which ended up not being relevant. Possibly, shutting off a casting of Sneak Attack. The game goes the distance with my engine going and Elephant Grass out. He Show and Tells Sneak Attack into play. Elephant Grass keeps him off hasting someone into play and I close out the game next turn with Emrakul.
    1-0

Rd 2. - Infect
    I faced Tom Ross this round starting game 1 with a mulligan to 5. He gets the first one. Game two goes the distance with Swords being extremely crucial giving that extra turn to set up a second draw piece to confinement lock. Game 3 he is on the play and wins on turn 3 with me tapped out. It might not be needed, but I am curious as to what those of you think about the matchup. Is infect a bad matchup for Enchantress?
    1-1

Rd 3. – MUD Ligthning Greaves/Blightsteel Colossus
    Game 1 he wins turn 2. Game 2 he wins turn 3. Is this a matchup where we bring Mindbreak Trap in? I am not sure because it seemed relevant in those two games, but I can see Mindbreak Trap being a dud at times in the matchup.
    1-2

Rd 4. – W/U/B Control
    Game 1 he Cabal Therapy’s both of my Enchantress’s Presence and it is an uphill battle from the there. Game 2 Leyline’s come in and keep my hand protected. He doesn’t have counters for my enchantress effects and scoops after a couple turns.
    Game 3 Clock is ticking down and we go to turns. Extra turn 2 I cast Ulamog. Extra turn 3 he casts a chump blocker. Extra turn 4 I cast Emrakul getting the 5th turn and preventing a draw from occurring. A thumbs up moment for Emrakul.
    2-2

Rd 5. – Burn
    Burn is pretty much an auto win with this deck. I win both games with game 2 having my opponent dying to his own Sulfuric Vortex while being held back by Ensnaring Bridge.
    3-2

Rd 6. – Death and Taxes
    Game 1 I get the engine online with very little disruption.
    Game 2 My opponent develops the board and gets multiple Flickerwhisps to break through.
    Game 3 I draw multiple Swords to Plowshares and am able to close out the game easier without the disruption of Ethersworn Canonists and Thalia’s and the flying Thalia (forgot the name). Death and Taxes seems like a favorable matchup.
    4-2

Rd 7. – Loam Dark Depths Deck
    Game 1 Elephant Grass buys enough time to win since his Legendary creature can not attack.
    Game 2 He gets a surprise Crop Rotation end of turn for the legendary Dark Depths creature to come into play destroying all his lands and Lotus Petals. I Swords to Plowshares the creature and close out the game a couple turns later.
    5-2

Rd 8. – Shardless Bug
    Game 1 I close out getting the engine online with very little disruption.
    Game 2 He discard a couple key pieces. And closes out from there.
    Game 3 I hit Leyline of Sanctity in my opener and get the engine going into time. I cast Ulamog on turn 1 of extra turns getting rid of blockers then casting Emrakul on turn 3 of extra turns to finish it out.
    6-2

Rd 9. – Painter Servant
    Game 1 He gets the combo online and hits my Emrakul shuffling everything back in. I just make sure I draw enough to always discard Emrakul at the end of my turn to always have him in deck thus shutting off their win condition. I eventually close out game 1.
    Game 2 He Tormod’s Crypt on the stack removes my graveyard in response to an Emrakul trigger and wins.
    Game 3 I open with a Leyline of Sanctity in hand and get the engine going with enough draw and Solitary confinements and other Leyline of Sanctity’s.
    7-2

Day 2
    Rd 10. – BUG
    Game 1 I crush getting the engine online with little disruption other than a couple of dazes.
    Game 2 He Surgical Extractions my Solitary Confinement out of graveyard and hits one in my hand. One of the trickiest moments I have noticed is trying to keep a Solitary Confinement from hitting the yard because this seems like the best way for our opponents to deal with this big problem piece for them. The game goes a little further and he wins.
    Game 3 Golgari Charm clears my Argothian Enchantresses. His Dark Confidants get a ton of card advantage. He closes out the game.
    7-3

Rd 11. – Blue/Red Aggro Burn
    We get to a close game 3 where I could have played a solitary Confinement with 1 Enchantress effect on board and got punished for not doing it. His Monastery Swiftspear and Stormchaser Mage get in for tons of damage when he casts Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Daze targeting his Lightning Bolt, then Force of Willing his Daze to get in for 16.
    7-4

Rd 12. – Lands Dark Depths
    We go to a Game 3. I expected Chalice of the Void in game 2 and never saw it, so I hedged down on my Krosan Grips. He still never saw a Chalice of the Void. I kept a questionable hand on the play here. Forest, Sprawl, 2 Argothian Enchantress, 2 Oath of Nissa, Exploration. My thought was if I draw a land then Enchantress Oath and go nuts from there. If I don’t then my Oath of Nissa could hit another needed land. I go for it. I don’t hit a land through my Oath and he Rishadan Port locks me.
    7-5

Rd 13. – Death and Taxes
    These games were not even close. I am convinced that Death and Taxes is another one of the matchups we love to face. Swords were insane again.
    8-5

Rd 14. – EPIC Storm
    Game 1 he goes off quick and I cannot get a piece out.
    Game 2 I mulligan to 4. My hand of 6 was 4 lands, Leyline of Sanctity, and Wild Growth. I sent it back. If the Growth had been a Minbreak trap I think I keep. 5 had no lands. Pretty much lost to the mull here. He goes off in a couple turns.
    8-6

Rd 15. – Lands Dark Depths
    My opponent is playing more of a control build.
    Game 1 he gets Crucible of Worlds online with Ghost Quarter as I try to get an engine going. I eventually pitch an Emrakul to keep his Ghost Quarter from ending my land base by shuffling back in my Forests. I eventually close out the game.
    Game 2 he gets a Crop Rotation finish end of turn without me having an Elephant Grass or solitary Confinement online.
    Game 3 he plays more control trying to go Tabernacle route and gives me inevitability. No Chalice of the Voids in this game. Chalice is the one card that I think crushes our deck if we don’t get rid of it quick. I will definitely be looking into more ways to deal with Chalice that has crossover in other mathcups.
    9-6

All together I had a blast learning more about the deck this past weekend despite the bad day 2 finish. I am locked on to this deck as my Legacy deck now.

Great report, thumbs up. Day 2 vs bug, did u board swords and Leylines? In my opinion we have a good chance against them

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Congrats on the day 2. I have issues with your list, but it's all you man. 4 Solitary is far too many imo though. 2 at most is what I ran, though I had sterling groves to help me find them too. I think against TES, on a mull to 6 with a leyline and ramp piece in hand with a scry available, I keep that hand personally. I know it sounds like I am playing the result, but you have a piece that prevents you from dying, a T1 growth, and basically 2 shots at drawing something relevant by turn 2. Idk. It seems like a keep to me. I can't imagine why you need mindbreak trap and leyline. They both functionally do the same thing, shutting off your opponents who plan on killing you on T1 (Storm/Belcher). Again though, congrats on Day 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

I ended up writing more than I expected but I wanted to keep it away from specific games and focus on card choices and matchups but I can't help myself sometimes. I just like to talk.

Round 1 - Sneak and Show (2-0)

I missed having 2nd O-ring around but this was the matchup of the tournament where Thoughtseize got to shine. I feel better now that we play more ways to interact. But S&S is still generally a matchup I'd prefer to avoid when possible though.

Round 2 - RUG Delver (2-1)

Delver matchups are mostly just about mana. If you get to the point where daze and spell pierce are bad then you've likely won but be sure to play around a top-decked bolt and don't be afraid to run Solitary out into an unstable engine (1 or two enchantresses). I had plenty of anti-aggro in my list this weekend to help me get through this matchup and create enough "must-counter" spells.

Round 3 - Miracles (2-1)

I think I'm slightly more bearish on the miracles matchup than most Enchantress players. I think the matchups is much closer to 50/50 where the tie-breaker is player skill and experience in the matchup. There is so much to talk about in this matchup. First, landing a Presence is much more important than landing an Argothian. That might be a bit obvious but it's a huge deal since you can bait out a lot with Argothian. Secondly Green Sun's Zenith does incredibly amounts of work allowing you to play around Counterbalance by overpaying and allow you to grab Gaddock Teeg when you opponent was just expecting Argothian. Be careful about playing Rest in Peace out in this matchup because it only shuts off Snapcasters from them but shuts off our ability to shuffle our Graveyard back in by discarding Emrakul if we happened to be low on cards in our deck which is a legitimate concern in this crazy matchup.

Round 4 - Nic Fit (2-1)

My opponent was the Nic Shift version where he played Burning Wish and Valakut. I had never played this version of the deck before and got double slaughter game'd in game 2 but brought in leylines for game 3 and had no problem after that. Funny enough I still could've won game 2 with a Doomwake Giant but he made a Huntmaster of the Fells to create perpetual blockers and I couldn't shrink it without drawing my library.

Round 5 - Miracles (2-1)

More of the same story with Miracles. Stony Silence does a lot in this matchup as well.

Round 6 - RG Lands (2-0)

I think this is one of the best Tier 1 matchups Enchantress has, especially when you run main deck Rest in Peace. The cards which are good are obvious (Elephant Grass, Karakas) and pre-board most opponents have very few ways to interact. Post board can get a bit more interesting but once we're running 4x Sterling Grove I feel fine in the matchup.

Round 7 - BUG Landstill (0-2)

I was very happy to see someone else at 6-0 on their pet deck and we had a bit of a mini celebration over us making it this far on pet decks but this is a terrible matchup. Innocent blood, Lilliana, Snapcaster, and Abrupt Decay made sure both games ended very very quickly. Sterling Grove and Leylines are good here but even a medium hand from them will fight through both.

Round 8 - Eldrazi (1-2)

This is the matchups I'm most disapointed to talk about. I tried to jam a BUNCH of games online this week leading up to the event but I never matched against a single Eldrazi deck in leagues or free-play rooms. As a result I didn't know the matchup well and definitely sideboarded wrong. I think that I want the Leylines and Aegis to stop Thoughtseer but Endbringer also turned out to be a big problem in my games and leylines will stop that more or less. I'm also unsure how good Thoughtseize would be in the matchup. Probably bad. I brought in Stony Silence expecting Ratchet Bomb from them but I don't think my opponent brought them in. This is still probably a good matchup for us

Round 9 - Delver (2-1)

My memory of this match is a bit fuzzy. I can't remember if my opponent was on 4c or Grixis Delver because those decks look so similar but all of the Delver matchups play pretty similar where we just try to establish a mana advantage and then run the engine out.

Day 2

Round 10 - Imperial Taxes (2-1)

I feel like I shouldn't talk about D&T without talking about Elves. I mentally group these two decks together a lot. They're both difficult for us to beat in their own ways, especially postboard, but my thinking was that winning game 1 against D&T is easier than winning against Elves so I'll try to secure that matchup hence I decided to put Dread of Night into the sideboard. Dread ended up not doing all that much versus Imperial Taxes and the key cards ended up being Sterling Grove to tutor up Stony Silence and Banishing Light. With Banishing Light removing an Ethersworn Canonist I was able to go off with Doomwake Giant and remove Magus of the Moon and Phyrexian Revoker and win. I might note that I generally bring in Thoughtseize in this matchup. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet but I'm mostly just trying to keep the opponent of huge blowout effects like Cataclysm or a game winning Flickerwisp. I'd have to play the matchup a lot more but sadly the deck just doesn't exist online where I do most of my testing.

Round 11 - Grixis Pyromancer (1-2)

Games 2 and 3 I kept very very good hands but neither had a Leyline in them which led to my hand getting absolutely shredded by Gitaxian Probes and Cabal Therapies. I don't know how you send back a hand like I had in game 2 (Enchantresses, Wild Growth, RIP, Elephant Grass, and sufficient lands to cast it all) on the hope of finding a leyline. I suspect me keeping is the correct play and just hope he didn't draw Therapy.

Round 12 - Jund Lands (2-0)

This was a list that some of the SCG grinders were on. It played Dark Confidant and main deck Abrupt Decay. Although discard effects and Decay are annoying to Enchantress having main deck RIP and 4x Elephant Grass was still just too much and I took the games fairly easily.

Round 13 - Storm (1-2)

I know that a big part of my success this weekend was due to the fact that Storm was very poorly positioned in a room which was overflowing with Chalice of the Void so I was surprised and upset to run into storm here. I bring in most of my sideboard for this matchup but it still wasn't enough. Despite constantly reminding myself to be aggressive in mulligans in this matchup I still probably wasn't aggresive enough in game 2 and paid for it when he went off turn 2 and my game 3 hand of 6 was pretty medium.

Round 14 - Miracles (0-2)

I talked about Miracles before and these games just shows how easily the match can swing back towards them. No it didn't help that I mulliganed to 4 in game 2 but my opponent knew how to play the matchup and executed everything very well.

Round 15 - Hexdepth Lands (1-2)

I shouldn't obsess about it but I made my big misplay in the final game of the final round and boy did that knock the wind out of me. Maybe I could say I was tired, but I think I was just excited and emotional. The short version is that I was holding back a Marit Lage with Elephant Grass and managed to just BARELY Mirri's Guile into a Karakas. In my excitement over how well I managed to get to that point I immediately tapped it to bounce his token. My opponent end-step's a crop rotation and makes another Marit Lage which I didn't see coming. They draw for turn and reveal they drew the abrupt decay they needed to kill my elephant grass. I'm not certain this alone kept me out of top 32, I think I might have placed #33 with this win but it will definitely be my misplay story I re-tell for a long time.

Some general notes. I felt like I was winning a lot of game ones even when I would go on to lose the set. Of my losses I took the game one from Eldrazi, Grixis Delver, Storm, and Hexdepths. This gives me a bunch of confidence in the maindeck but indicates that maybe I need to work on my sideboard and sideboarding decisions.

Most of my mulligans, of which there were plenty because I was trying to be aggressive in what I considered a keep, were because I didn't have enough lands for the hand to be a keep. I might have to relent and actually go back to 20 lands and see if that feels slightly more stable. Unsure if I would want 7th Forest or a 7th fetch and what card I'd possibly cut for it. Probably the Worship slot.

I didn't draw thoughtseize when I needed so it's hard to evaluate but my previous experience with the card and it's usefulness in round 1 tilts me towards playing the card.

Catcher of souls, hunter of spirits
    Jan 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA

Would there be any interest in gameplay videos/replay commentary? I just bought into Magic Online with Enchantress so I'll be playing around with a bunch of different versions in leagues the next few weeks. 4-1'd the first one with something very close to the 4 RiP/4 Eladamri's Vineyard list a from a few posts back, but I'll be trying out the black splash next.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Great job to you guys who went to the event, and piloted Enchantress. I went there back then for eternal weekend and piloted Enchantress but did poorly with the field so heavy on Omnitell, back when Dig Through Time was not banned. Thank you all or sharing your experience, it was a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by VsTheWorld View Post
    Would there be any interest in gameplay videos/replay commentary? I just bought into Magic Online with Enchantress so I'll be playing around with a bunch of different versions in leagues the next few weeks. 4-1'd the first one with something very close to the 4 RiP/4 Eladamri's Vineyard list a from a few posts back, but I'll be trying out the black splash next.
    Yes of course. I also play the black splash and always looking for videos.

Did anybody consider decay in the sb?

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Congrats on the day 2. I have issues with your list, but it's all you man. 4 Solitary is far too many imo though. 2 at most is what I ran, though I had sterling groves to help me find them too. I think against TES, on a mull to 6 with a leyline and ramp piece in hand with a scry available, I keep that hand personally. I know it sounds like I am playing the result, but you have a piece that prevents you from dying, a T1 growth, and basically 2 shots at drawing something relevant by turn 2. Idk. It seems like a keep to me. I can't imagine why you need mindbreak trap and leyline. They both functionally do the same thing, shutting off your opponents who plan on killing you on T1 (Storm/Belcher). Again though, congrats on Day 2.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely interested in your thoughts to understand enchantress better. I had 4 solitary because I always felt like it was the key card I always wanted to draw. I didn't get a chance to mess with sterling grove prior to this event. If you don't mind speaking freely about the issues with my list, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. I am open minded and won't respond defensively to others thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by cherson View Post
    Great report, thumbs up. Day 2 vs bug, did u board swords and Leylines? In my opinion we have a good chance against them
    I did board those in. This version of bug felt more counter heavy than discard heavy.

Thread Information