Page 278 of 282 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282 LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Wanna enjoy some very frustrating minutes of gameplay? Just check the video of Mengucci playing Enchantress posted today on CFB.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    Wanna enjoy some very frustrating minutes of gameplay? Just check the video of Mengucci playing Enchantress posted today on CFB.
    I usually like Mengucci's content but this time there were soo many misplays, I stopped the video after game one. I can imagine, it's a difficult deck to pilot, but why would someone watch a video like that, when there is better content on spatula's youtube?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

I'll admit that it makes for somewhat surreal viewing that he answers his own question without realizing it in that first game, but it's good for the deck that a player with such a high profile and who is obviously very skilled has taken it up 3 times just in the last year or so. I don't think bagging on him for a few misplays is very generous.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Back to an old love....i am thinking on trying a pretty standard list as follows:

4 windswept heath
    2 serra sanctum
    2 wooded foothills
    1 savannah
    1 karakas
    6 forest
    1 arbor
    3 plains

4 wild growth
    4 utopia
    4 presence
    4 argothian
    2 zenith
    2 E. tutor
    3 solitary
    4 grass
    2 ring
    1 empty throne
    4 grove
    2 rip
    2 helm
    2 mirri guile

SB:

1 replenish
    1 rip
    4 l- sancticity
    2 city of solitude
    2 stony silence
    1 banishing light
    1 moat
    1 mirri guile
    1 Sigarda(?)

Hey, so I've sleeved up my burn deck and stepped away from Enchantress because I've found that every other deck is playing Narset and totally screwing me. the other 50% of the decks include W6. (Hence my recent removal of Dryad Arbor from the deck and including 3 main-deck Ground Seal's).

I play a few o-ring effects but still struggle with that 3 mana game winning Planeswalker.

I'm going to sleeve up the enchantress for my LGS this Friday - any thoughts on a good counter to Narset? I'm sticking with a g/w build, including a few
    I have a few ideas. Keen to hear thoughts:

Words of Wilding = if they have few to no creatures, could get some damage through, and doubles as a useful card even once Narset is gone (or if she is never drawn).
    Pursuit of Knowledge = this is a little thought I had. Replacing the extra draws you would have with a stockpile of future draws. Yes, you'll be stuck with still trying to remove Narset, but thought it might be a nice way to immediately restock your hand once you do manage to.

Just by way of reminder, if you don't draw for your draw step, because of those aforementioned cards, you can continue to use their abilities as you play your enchantments in the turn.

Any other suggestions guys? Sticking with GW of course.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by optml View Post
    Hey, so I've sleeved up my burn deck and stepped away from Enchantress because I've found that every other deck is playing Narset and totally screwing me. the other 50% of the decks include W6. (Hence my recent removal of Dryad Arbor from the deck and including 3 main-deck Ground Seal's).

I play a few o-ring effects but still struggle with that 3 mana game winning Planeswalker.

I'm going to sleeve up the enchantress for my LGS this Friday - any thoughts on a good counter to Narset? I'm sticking with a g/w build, including a few
    I have a few ideas. Keen to hear thoughts:

Words of Wilding = if they have few to no creatures, could get some damage through, and doubles as a useful card even once Narset is gone (or if she is never drawn).
    Pursuit of Knowledge = this is a little thought I had. Replacing the extra draws you would have with a stockpile of future draws. Yes, you'll be stuck with still trying to remove Narset, but thought it might be a nice way to immediately restock your hand once you do manage to.

Just by way of reminder, if you don't draw for your draw step, because of those aforementioned cards, you can continue to use their abilities as you play your enchantments in the turn.

Hey, Optml, if you’re playing a near “stock” GW list like the one below you could likely just board in the Banishing Lights and be just fine.

If that proves to not be enough, then you could cut the Suppression Fields from the main deck for Sterling Groves to ensure you could dial-up an O-ring effect when needed. In doing so, however, you will make the deck significantly weaker to activated abilities. So, Vial decks, Planeswalkers, Elves, you get the idea all become harder. …but given the DTB section as I read it now that is an okay trade-off.

Aside from that there is:
    Hex Parasite (likely poor)
    Krphix’s Insight – Cards in hand not draw
    Sigil of the Empty Throne – Why skip the draw
    Sacred Mesa – Again why skip the draw, and you have all that unused mana

Just some thoughts.

PS – Today Sphere of Resistance in the board should likely be Damping Sphere , sure it will hurt us more, but it will hurt the decks we bring it in against much, much more. …and gives us more game vs. 12 post strategies, or Elves as it hits cradle.
    Last edited by Freggle; 10-03-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    PS – Today Sphere of Resistance in the board should likely be Damping Sphere , sure it will hurt us more, but it will hurt the decks we bring it in against much, much more. …and gives us more game vs. 12 post strategies, or Elves as it hits cradle.
    Definitely. At first I didn't realize growth effects still work under Damping Sphere, so it only hits Sanctum for us!

Optml, Sigil of the Empty Throne is an option against Narset similar to Words of Wilding. Sigarda in the board to Green Sun for is something. I like playing City of Solitude as must-counter to lead with (or resolve head of time), often you'll be up against at least one counterspell when trying to remove Narset. It's lame.

Edit: Sigil was mentioned already my bad.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Hey fellow enchantress players. I had the rare opportunity to play in a 7 round event this weekend that I didn't know about until last minute. I haven't played much over the last 2 years or so, so I kinda threw together a list on the fly with some help from some smart people. Basically, they told me come prepared for wrenn and six decks, especially RUG delver, so here's the list I came up with.

3 Argothian enchantress
    4 Enchantresses presence
    3 green sun's zenith
    4 living wish

4 wild growth
    4 utopia sprawl

4 elephant grass
    2 solitary confinement
    1 mirri's guile

3 suppression field
    3 rest in peace
    1 helm of obedience

1 cast out
    1 oblivion ring
    3 on thin ice

3 prismatic vista
    3 windswept heath
    8 snow-covered forest
    1 snow-covered plains
    1 savannah
    3 serra's sanctum

SB
    4 leyline of sanctity
    3 surgical extraction
    1 argothian enchantress
    1 emrakul, the aeons torn
    1 gaddock teeg
    1 hex parasite
    1 karakas
    1 hall of heliod's generosity
    1 reclamation sage
    1 knight of autumn

I finished in 17th place with a 5-2 record. my MUs were.

R1 1-2 vs moon stompy. The deck is pretty punishing to derpy starts, and a few mulligans in games 1 and 3 really hurt.
    R2 2-0 vs grixis GY things. 2 non-games here as a result of my opponent not hitting 2nd land in either game.
    R3 2-1 vs Sneak and show. Game 1 I kept a hand with almost no disruption, and got killed very quickly. Games 2 and 3 I managed to build a suppression field and e grass prison.
    R4 2-1 vs Burn game 1 was a solitary confinement game, and game 2 was a leyline of sanctity game, where I had removal for his creatures.
    R5 2-1 vs jeskai ascendancy. Really cool deck, cool opponent, and cool games. RiP and suppression field were clutch here.
    R6 2-1 vs RUG delver. He wins game 1 with bolts after I think I've stabilized the board. In games 2 and 3 On thin ice was excellent, as was RiP.
    R7 1-2 vs depths. Games 1 and 3 were urborg depths hexmage to make T2 20/20s on the play. In game 2 leyline of sanctity protected me from discard and land a few lock pieces.

My conclusions are that enchantress might be good right now if we can dodge cards like narset, and that I need a better plan vs depths. It's apparently a very popular deck locally. I think instant speed removal is probably necessary ie swords and crop rotation for a karakas or wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by optml View Post

For 4 mana, Abundance is a better way to sidestep Narset than Pursuit of Knowledge

If I were playing GW enchantress, I would really weaponize E Tutors to dig some artifacts to deal with Planeswalkers.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Re: Narset. Qasali Pridemage might be relevant. Naturalizing stuff is already good, and if you have an Argothian down already you can swing in with Exalted to put her to 2. At that point they need to choose between keeping their lock or getting immediate value.

Okay so it's not a great option, but I don't hate it so far and it's been slightly more applicable than Courser of Kruphix as a non-enchantress Zenith target. Also trying Murderous Rider in place of wishboard Hex Parasite. Double black is a little tough and takes some planning ahead with Utopia Sprawl. 6 mana for Hex can be difficult when faced with a cmc3 lock piece. It also can actually kill Karn, so that's worth something.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Played my first games of Enchantress in quite a few months yesterday. It was fun, but I felt the pain of Narset. All o-ring effects got countered. Anyone toying with possibly the best printed card for Enchantress in some time Veil of Summer yet? If not I may test over Christmas break a bit to see how it goes. May even may be main deck material.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    Played my first games of Enchantress in quite a few months yesterday. It was fun, but I felt the pain of Narset. All o-ring effects got countered. Anyone toying with possibly the best printed card for Enchantress in some time Veil of Summer yet? If not I may test over Christmas break a bit to see how it goes. May even may be main deck material.
    I'm mainboarding the full 4 and don't regret it yet. Have run into a few play patterns where the correct move is to do nothing on turn 1, just play Forest and pass, hold up green blast for Thoughtseize/Hymn/Therapy. Brute forcing through counterspells is great and for the first time in years it feels like I'm playing an actual control deck instead of "rush out cmc2 permanents, hope you don't die."

But I haven't played against many Narsets so my opinion might change once that happens

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

BTW, Narset is effectively gone. In the last month, she's been in exactly one deck that's top 8'ed a decently-sized tournament.

And yeah, Veil of Summer is the shit and main deck material, at least in my weird RiP-Helm Enchantress-less enchantment deck that doesn't properly fit in this archetype. I have to imagine it's great here too, if a bit less stellar just because proper Enchantress isn't quite as pillow fort-y and hungry for hexproof for enchantments. Proper Enchantress also makes tons of mana so I feel like you're not gonna have issues having open on their turn or yours.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Pseudo-Sterling Grove/enchantment Benevolent Bodyguard

W
    Enchantment Creature
    1/1

Lifelink
    1, Sacrifice [CARDNAME] : Target creature or enchantment you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.

Blocks an x/1, protects lock pieces from Force of Vigor and Petty Theft, can trigger Enchantress off a wish. Might be decent.

https://mtgazone.com/card/thb-168-destiny-spinner/

What is everyone's thought on Destiny Spinner?

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by 420madman View Post
    https://mtgazone.com/card/thb-168-destiny-spinner/

What is everyone's thought on Destiny Spinner?
    What problems does this card solve?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Threat density, Chalice, planeswalkers, opponents who go super low from Sylvan Library. I think she's pretty much an auto-in in most builds.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

I'm wondering if these other cards would be fine in Enchantress from Theros beyond Death. First thing to come to mind would be Calix as an extra carddraw and extra Replenish. But also Eidolon of Obstruction (SB against PW), Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (Acceleration and manafixing) and Setessan Champion (carddraw and wincon). But I guess that would demand an overhaul for the deck.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    I'm wondering if these other cards would be fine in Enchantress from Theros beyond Death. First thing to come to mind would be Calix as an extra carddraw and extra Replenish. But also Eidolon of Obstruction (SB against PW), Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (Acceleration and manafixing) and Setessan Champion (carddraw and wincon). But I guess that would demand an overhaul for the deck.
    Having an Enchantress that can actually block is pretty huge, could be super useful in game 2 if they board out removal. Honestly I was confused as hell about Setessan Champion when she was previewed but I think this card is real.

Klothys is an interesting option too. That card packs a LOT of utility for a Zenith target.

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Having an Enchantress that can actually block is pretty huge, could be super useful in game 2 if they board out removal. Honestly I was confused as hell about Setessan Champion when she was previewed but I think this card is real.

Klothys is an interesting option too. That card packs a LOT of utility for a Zenith target.
    Any testing/results?

One month with no activity, right when an enchantment themed set was released. Where else are people discussing about enchantress?
    "Want all, lose all."

Thread Information