Page 195 of 282 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

An interesting list got 8th in an SCG IQ two weeks ago. 4 Kruphix's Insight and 2 Blood Moon main deck in there.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    An interesting list got 8th in an SCG IQ two weeks ago. 4 Kruphix's Insight and 2 Blood Moon main deck in there.
    I really like Kruphix's Insight alongside Enlightened Tutor. Seems like a neat plan instead of the full 4 Green Sun's Zenith. Of course, this means you have to run Sigil of the Empty Throne or Words of War.

EDIT: If the meta swings to be more Treasure Cruise vs. the world we may want to take a serious look at a list like this, since everyone will be packing some sort of draw hate.
    Last edited by Watersaw; 11-02-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Apr 2014
    Norway

Participated in my local stores Legacy tournament today. Around 15 players I think, so there was 4 matches and then top 4 . Went 1-3 with this list:

Mainboard
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms - A real champ for me, might add a second.
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

3 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Elephant Grass
    3 Mirri's Guile All-star, made so many shitty hands work.
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    3 Rest in Peace
    2 Suppression Field
    3 Solitary Confinement
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    2 Helm of Obedience
    1 Banishing Light - Meddling Mage is still a thing.
    1 Oblivion Ring - Meddling Mage is still a thing.

1 Plains
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    11 Forest
    2 Savannah

Sideboard
    3 Swords to Plowshares Helped a LOT.
    2 Stony Silence
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Melria, Sylvok Outcast So glad this was included!
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne Nice to board in when you see people going after your win conditions.
    2 Sterling Grove
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Blind Obedience

2 - 0 Grixis Delver. He had Cranial Extraction and Cabal Therapy. Very slow and grindy game. He took all my argothians and helms. Helmed him game one and Sigiled him the next.

1 - 2 U/G Infect. Got him easy game one. He grinds me out with damage in game two when I get Melria in play. Game three he gets the nut draw and deals me 28 on turn 2/3.

0 - 2 Affinity. I never find Elephant Grass, Stony Silence or Confinement any of the games.

1 - 2 White Kithkin/Soldier Weenie/Prison/Control. Really weird deck, he plays a bunch of dudes ( like Preeminent Captain ) then plays chalice of the void for 1 and casts Armageddon. So I just sit there, twiddling my thumbs and waiting for something to kill the chalice with until he beats me to death.

So Chalice of the Void is a thing. How do you guys deal with it? And have you seen it around a lot? Any other tips on my list/sideboard is appreciated.

- Simon

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by Rakadis View Post
    So Chalice of the Void is a thing. How do you guys deal with it? And have you seen it around a lot? Any other tips on my list/sideboard is appreciated.
    - Simon
    I used to play against chalice quite a bit, and it's similar to playing against a counterbalance top lock. It is an annoyance but there are ways around it. If you have an enchantress on the board, you can play your 1 drop enchantments into a chalice to draw cards if you need. Sometimes you can afford to ignore it and try to go over the top of it and combo out or try and establish a confinement lock, which is usually gg. O ring and banishing light are solid answers of course, and reclamation sage is a good zenith target in the SB for games 2 and 3.

I played several test games against infect yesterday. It feels like an awful MU especially on the draw. Do you remember how you boarded?

Apr 2014
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    I used to play against chalice quite a bit, and it's similar to playing against a counterbalance top lock. It is an annoyance but there are ways around it. If you have an enchantress on the board, you can play your 1 drop enchantments into a chalice to draw cards if you need. Sometimes you can afford to ignore it and try to go over the top of it and combo out or try and establish a confinement lock, which is usually gg. O ring and banishing light are solid answers of course, and reclamation sage is a good zenith target in the SB for games 2 and 3.

I played several test games against infect yesterday. It feels like an awful MU especially on the draw. Do you remember how you boarded?
    --

I boarded in Blind Obedience, Melria and Swords to Plowshares. Melria forced him to go to a beatdown plan and the swords slowed him down. But he was still to fast for me, and the nut draw in the last game was something to laugh at :)

--

I derped quite hard on the Chalice. Forgot that the Oracle text is " Whenever you cast " and not "successfully" as it is printed.

--

EDIT: Wrote in the quote field for some reason :P

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Rakadis View Post
    Pretty much what Dingo said. Double up on Enchantresses and brute force it.

Quote Originally Posted by B is for Big Job View Post
    Is this better than Oblivion Ring or Banishing Light?? Yes it can remove a land and might be a touch easier to cast but it still gives them a "land", even if it just a forest. It might a bit of a nobo with Bloodmoon giving them a basic to potentially cast removal if they're on green at all.
    Doubt it. I can't think of any lands that stick around and are a problem besides Rishaden Port, so I'm pretty sure ramping them when we hit anything else isn't worth it.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

I'm thinking that Island Sanctuary might be a very good card right now. Does anyone have any recent experience with the card, either MD or SB?

Nov 2012
    Franklin, MA, US

Quote Originally Posted by B is for Big Job View Post
    Is this better than Oblivion Ring or Banishing Light?? Yes it can remove a land and might be a touch easier to cast but it still gives them a "land", even if it just a forest. It might a bit of a nobo with Bloodmoon giving them a basic to potentially cast removal if they're on green at all.
    Don't quote me as the absolute truth on this, but I believe if you use this enchantment on a permanent, and then cast Bloodmoon, it becomes a mountain. We will have to wait for the errata, but usually effects like this don't change super-types, so if you use it on any permanent besides a basic land, it will be a non-basic forest and would be modified by Bloodmoon. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
    I'm thinking that Island Sanctuary might be a very good card right now. Does anyone have any recent experience with the card, either MD or SB?
    I played with it a lot back in the day, but not in the past 3 to 4 years. It seems okay if you either play Library and get it down first, or have an Enchantress down and can then play it, but is that fast enough for the match ups you want it in?

At this point, it seems like people are really stretching the deck away from the engine to bend to the meta. I do love the deck, and nothing is quite as fun as drawing my whole deck and killing my opponent with 10 WoW triggers, a ton of Angel tokens, or a Emrakul wallop(or two), but I just put it on the shelf for a bit. I think as magic wanders back towards "fair" decks to combat delver and treasure cruise, Enchantress G/w tight with RIP main will have its' moment to shine. I am not sure that will be New Jersey, but it would be nice if I do audible the night before and 9-0 with our favorite permanents. The testing I've done lately though suggests to me that all power, screw the graveyards is the way to go. I've been playing a weird Bant version over the last year when I actually do sit down with the deck, which is odd but effective against the local meta. I was only playing Sigil as a kill condition, taking my time to kill people as I needed, but there isn't really any fast combo here except for Elves, which is horrible either way. I will try to remember to post the list tomorrow (i'm in a 24 hour coffee shop atm because we have no power at my house, and my wife is working on a college assignment... good times).

Cheers

Nov 2014
    Norwich, CT

Being i'm new to the forums and this is my first post I would like to introduce myself. Many call me Sammo. I’ve been an Enchantress player for many years. Basically from when it was type 2 legal and slinging Rancors on Auratogs to legacy. I had a red splash for Words of War and Blood Moon but recently tried something new (for me at least). Instead of splashing for red I decided to try out blue. Overall I liked the way the deck worked. On the games where I didn’t mulligan to 5 (due to mana issues) the deck performed well. With GP NJ coming up I’ll be playing Enchantress of some variant.
    I have not tried Mirri’s Guile recently. I tried it a few years ago and was not a fan. Is it really that good now? Anyways here is what I ran… Thanks in advance.

Main Deck
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Wild Growth
    3 Solitary Confinement
    3 Elephant Grass
    1 Moat
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Detention Sphere
    4 Sterling Grove
    1 Runed Halo
    3 Rest In Peace
    1 Energy Field
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Humility
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress Presence
    1 Words of Wind
    2 Enlightened Tutor

5 Forest
    3 Plains
    2 Savannah
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Karakas
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Tundra

Sideboard

1 Stony Silence
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 City of Solitude
    1 Rule of Law
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    1 [cards]Blind Obedience
    1 Humility
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Seal of Primordium
    1 Rest in Peace

After playing in a GPT yesterday i learned a couple of things. One, i love Energy field, Rest in peace is kind of necessary main deck now, carpet of flowers did some work and Words of Wind was not impressive.

I had the same impression than you about wow. I cut it out. I think it works better in the combo version.
    How did you feel about moat and blind obedience?

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Nov 2014
    Norwich, CT

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    I had the same impression than you about wow. I cut it out. I think it works better in the combo version.
    How did you feel about moat and blind obedience?

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Moat is usually fantastic. There are some decks that simply just can't beat it Game 1. Blind Obedience is usually just an annoyance for the decks i bring it in against (although it did win me a sudden death game once!). Usually I bring it in against Sneak & Show and Storm (depending on the build...forcing lotus petals, chrome mox, etc to come into play tapped can slow them down a turn)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

I have been meaning to post here for quite some time, but find I don't have the time I used to. This thread has been turning a lot lately, and that is good to see. I don't have time to address all the things I'm reading, but I wanted to say something about constellation that should be explored. I thought about this on a recent flight

If you have a constellation card and an O-ring effect [Oblivion Ring, Detention Sphere, Song of the Dryads [not Banishing Light]] on the battlefield, and you cast a second o-ring effect you can trigger constellation indefinably. This can be done by o-ringing the first o-ring and to return your previous o-ring to remove... Each triggers a new constellation effect. I'm not certain, but this may also happen at instant speed, and you my be able to hold priority.

Since O-rings are powerful in general this may be a future way to win with Enchantress over the current staples of Helm / Emrakul.

It should be noted that if all 3 combo cards are in your graveyard and you Replenish ( or a combination of the battlefield and graveyard) you win as it will work on the spot. Forgeborn Oreads seems like the best out of the kills, but not easy to cast.

Different Topic

Kruphix's Insight is a powerful card. It just doesn't play 100% well with Rest in Peace. Therefore, I think a Kruphix's Insight, Replenish, Forgeborn Oreads, Oblivion Ring, Song of the Dryads... build should be explored. ...and Maaaabye Commune with the Gods. It may not be better, but should be explored.

Jan 2014
    Castricum

Not a bad idea, using an O-ring loop, but instread of Forgeborn Oreads I would probably consider Grimm Guardian, only one pip of off color mana and doesn't target

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    Not a bad idea, using an O-ring loop, but instread of Forgeborn Oreads I would probably consider Grimm Guardian, only one pip of off color mana and doesn't target
    Yes. Way better thank you. I was just going off of memory.

I'm a little fuzzy on how the O-Ring loop would work. Wouldn't it require 3 O-Rings? That seems pretty unlikely that you could get combo going.

I think it would require 3 O-rings. The one upside is that you could do it with any combination of O-Ring, Banishing Light and up to 1 detention sphere.

Would be cool to try but seems very mana intensive outside of doing it through replenish.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    I think it would require 3 O-rings. The one upside is that you could do it with any combination of O-Ring, Banishing Light and up to 1 detention sphere.

Would be cool to try but seems very mana intensive outside of doing it through replenish.
    I suppose it does take 3 doesn't it. :-/

It still may be viable since Oring effects are good in just about all MUs outside of combo.

The cards that would do it that are viable are any number of Orings, 1 Detention Sphere, any number of the new Song of the Dryad ...if I'm not mistaken. Banishing Light will not work since it cannot target your own stuff.

Anyone have some sweet sideboard tech for elves? It seems like now that they have reclamation sage you can never truly protect yourself as they can just keep bouncing and replaying sage!

I suppose you could try sideboarding a Nevermore. Gives some utility in other matchups as well. A Karmic Justice is another option, as you get to blow up something of theirs as well.

Nov 2014
    Norwich, CT

Quote Originally Posted by JankMaster View Post
    Anyone have some sweet sideboard tech for elves? It seems like now that they have reclamation sage you can never truly protect yourself as they can just keep bouncing and replaying sage!
    If you have one, Moat + Double Sterling Grove does wonders against Elves, if not, Engineered Plague is good (obviously depending on what kind of build you are playing). What colors are you playing?

Thread Information