Page 262 of 282 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Hello, I can only answer a few as some I either do not like, or have not tried.

Does no one run the Ground Seal/Replenish mode now? Is everyone on the Rest in Peace wagon?
    I used to be on RiP build, but I actually dropped it, and I am actually main decking 3 Ground Seals, 3 Cast Out, and 1 Replenish.

What's the Death and Taxes match-up like? What're people's bullets against it? I'm ignoring Moat because I don't want to buy one.
    I am not really concerned with DnT, I don't really find the match up that problematic. The one match up that I dislike is the DRS/Leovold/Decay decks.
    But with my current set up, I do not mind either, they cant really decay my Cast Outs.

Any new sideboard tech come out in the past couple years?
    I do not know any sideboard techs, however, I do have 1 E. Tutor in the sideboard to replace any single card that may be useless on the match up, which also ends up being a potential copy of whatever sideboard card I bring in.

Why are people playing Oblivion Ring like effects that aren't Oblivion Ring? What're the advantages?
    You are referring to the different wordings on O. Ring and B. Light?

Some people prefer Banishing Light as it can be cast when an opponent have an empty board just so you can cantrip or increase your mass, the problem I have with this is the card tends to be almost a silver bullet like card, that I don't really want to bring it out, and sand bag it instead for when I do need it. Id much rather have it than not need it, than need it and not have it.

The O. Ring Effect, is good if you run Eidolon of Blossoms, in the deck but the situation has never happened to me yet.
    If you play replenish, you can play around with 3 O. Ring effects, to have eidolon draw you cards to your heart's content.
    The card can also be used in a very narrow situation, like if you fear they have sweeper effect, and will be facing lethal when they do, you can cast S. Confinement, O. Ring it, so that when they do play a sweeper, the one Confinement in exile comes back to prtact you for that turn, and perhaps replenish on your turn or rebuild back up if you have engines in your hand.

Has anyone tried Blind Obedience vs. Sneak Attack(/storm)? How is it yay/nay
    It does not do anything.
    They will just activate sneak at end of your turn, and swing on theirs.

Hope that was of help.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

1. Bummer on Blind Obedience. So what do people bring in for SnS besides Humility?

2.Authority of the Consuls is neat. Doesn't that prevent the Food Chain combo from working? Or at least the direct damage kill?

3.Cast Out seems nice but 4 mana is so much. I get that Abrupt Decay-proofing is a bonus but man. holy shit that card has cycling, jk I'ma pick some up

4. Doomwake Giant is hilarious. Are people playing a heavy black splash? If so are there kill cons besides (RIP+Helm)/(Depths+Solemnity)?

5. I'm not worried about the feasibility of setting up Helm/RIP, I'm worried about losing Replenish. Also honestly Cast Out makes Replenish seem even better. Relevant cycling enchantments? Nice.

6. If most people consider Death and Taxes pretty manageable, what match-ups DO y'all worry about facing? Storm I'm assuming aaaand?

7. Do people still prefer Leyline to Aegis of the Gods? What turn does Storm go off these days?
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Suppression Field, Choke and Gaddock Teeg have all been dynamite against Sneak and Show in my experience. Oblivion Ring is relevant and Emrakul has secret text "If they play Show and Tell they die."

RIP/helm is a snap to set up, especially if you have some number of E.tutor or Sterling Grove. You can run 1 Replenish alongside your helm combo if you feel brave. Helm>Replenish RIP is a real play.

Reanimator is unwinnable. You only get there if you're lucky, play an incredibly tight game, and your opponent misplays. I can't imagine the various BUG decks are easy.

I've never really gotten Aegis to work for me. Needing to resolve + eating Abrupt Decay kinda sucks. Methinks Leyline is better against Burn too.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

What is it about Reanimator that's so bad-news? Especially if you're MDing RIP?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    What is it about Reanimator that's so bad-news? Especially if you're MDing RIP?
    Br reanimator can basically do with UB Reanimator did with more emphasis on going off turn 1.

Very happy to see that you potentially getting back into MTG again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Reanimator is unwinnable. You only get there if you're lucky, play an incredibly tight game, and your opponent misplays. I can't imagine the various BUG decks are easy.
    My sideboard is usually based on what I think the meta is. I have Rest in Peace main, with Leyline of the Void side , but I find that it works.

Some builds are running Reverent Silence.

2.Authority of the Consuls is neat. Doesn't that prevent the Food Chain combo from working? Or at least the direct damage kill?
    A lot of Food Chain has moved to Walking Ballista as their kill. Food Chain is a mana ability, so Suppression Field doesn't work in this case. Aura of Silence seems decent. I like it against Food Chain and Aluren. Makes Shardless Agent and Baleful Strix really bad cards to draw. Make it really difficult for them to establish the combo before we establish our lock.

4. Doomwake Giant is hilarious. Are people playing a heavy black splash? If so are there kill cons besides (RIP+Helm)/(Depths+Solemnity)?
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn is popular. Some still run Sigil of the Empty Throne. People tend to run 2 or 3 wincons. If you don't have a Rest in Peace out, you can discard Emrakul to shuffle your graveyard back into your library.

6. If most people consider Death and Taxes pretty manageable, what match-ups DO y'all worry about facing? Storm I'm assuming aaaand?
    Storm is mixed, but not that bad. Leyline of Sanctity is a good sideboard card. Turn 2 Sterling Grove requires them to have 2 forms of removal. Once you get an Enchantress and Solitary Confinement, they can't win. If they have Empthy the Warrens, Elephant Grass usually stalls the game long enough to find a Doomwake Giant. Sometimes they have the nuts hand, or we just draw junk.

Elves is pain. Our big answer is Humility. But that's a 4 drop and shuts off our Argothian Enchantresses. Reclamation Sage and Wirewood destroy everything we know and love. You wind up wanting a lot of sideboard cards that aren't too grand. RiP + Helm is the fastest wincon and the most reliable I found against elves. Supression Field can slow them down, but feels lack luster. I like having 2 Engineered Plague side simply for this matchup. Turn 2 Engineered Plague lets us establish a board state. I also like Karmic Justice. They have to destroy our Engineered Plague, and we can hit Wirewood/Gaea's Cradle/Rec Sage. In this matchup, sometimes I just look for a hand that can slow them down and let me find Helm + Rest in Peace. It's not a game I want to attempt to make long, unless I somehow start with 2 Sterling Groves, Enchantress, and a Solitary Confinement.

Czech Pile is pretty difficult to deal with. People have switched to Cast Out because it's a good answer to Leovold and dodges Abrupt Decay. I bring in Karmic Justice in case I have to use a banishing light on Leovold.

7. Do people still prefer Leyline to Aegis of the Gods? What turn does Storm go off these days?
    TES goes off Turn 1 or Turn 2. ANT is usually Turn 3-4, but can still get a turn 1 or 2 hand. I like Leyline myself.
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've been testing and feel like Delver and DeathandTaxes are only 50-50 or so, maindeck only.

Running the following as my initial testing build

4x Argo
    4x Presence
    2x GSZ
    4x Growth
    4x Sprawl
    2x Explor
    4x Grass
    2x Confinement
    3x Cast Out
    3x Grove
    2x Replenish
    3x Ground Seal
    1x Mirri's Guile
    1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
    1x Words of War

4x Heath
    1x Foothills
    3x Savannah
    1x Taiga
    2x Sanctum
    1x Plains
    8x Forest

My issue is obviously the disruption + clock. Games where DnT has Port and Vial are really really hard. Obviously Suppression Field strikes me as the first thing to bring in here, although I'm a bit worried about screwing myself with my fetches. Still probably worth it, right?

Versus Delver Choke is good but pricey, I feel like I really need some help in the 1-2 mana range. Has anyone tried Leafcrown Dryad as a SB option in either of these match-ups? I know it feels a little janky, but it trades with Delver and Flickerwisp and Spirit of the Labyrinth and Young Pyromancer, comes back with Replenish, and G2 they won't have any creature removal except edicts, which it can also shield Argothian from.

My other thought was Kirtar's Desire but against both these decks I'm leery of relying too much on white mana, given their disruption packages. Does anyone have any broken tech here?

edit: Some initial testing vs. Delver is promising, bringing in 2x Choke, 2x Carpet, and 3x Leafcrown Dryad. Preventing them from being able to ride a single threat, sometimes cycling her, and being able to bring back some board presence with early small Replenishes has all proven pretty nice.
    Last edited by SpatulaOfTheAges; 09-16-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've been testing and feel like Delver and DeathandTaxes are only 50-50 or so, maindeck only.

Running the following as my initial testing build

4x Argo
    4x Presence
    2x GSZ
    4x Growth
    4x Sprawl
    2x Explor
    4x Grass
    2x Confinement
    3x Cast Out
    3x Grove
    2x Replenish
    3x Ground Seal
    1x Mirri's Guile
    1x Words of War

4x Heath
    1x Foothills
    3x Savannah
    1x Taiga
    2x Sanctum
    1x Plains
    8x Forest

My issue is obviously the disruption + clock. Games where DnT has Port and Vial are really really hard. Obviously Suppression Field strikes me as the first thing to bring in here, although I'm a bit worried about screwing myself with my fetches. Still probably worth it, right?

Versus Delver Choke is good but pricey, I feel like I really need some help in the 1-2 mana range. Has anyone tried Leafcrown Dryad as a SB option in either of these match-ups? I know it feels a little janky, but it trades with Delver and Flickerwisp and Spirit of the Labyrinth and Young Pyromancer, comes back with Replenish, and G2 they won't have any creature removal except edicts, which it can also shield Argothian from.

My other thought was Kirtar's Desire but against both these decks I'm leery of relying too much on white mana, given their disruption packages. Does anyone have any broken tech here?

edit: Some initial testing vs. Delver is promising, bringing in 2x Choke, 2x Carpet, and 3x Leafcrown Dryad. Preventing them from being able to ride a single threat, sometimes cycling her, and being able to bring back some board presence with early small Replenishes has all proven pretty nice.
    SpatulaOfTheAges, Good to see you back at it!

Suppression Field and Swords to Plowshares are the cards I have tested for these matchups with great success. As you know they are also extremely flexible cards and don't limit you as much as Kirtar's Desire would.

Swords removes the Spirit of the Labyrinth, Thalia of choice, or Delver of Secrets as we ramp to break through. The instant speed and mana efficiency are crucial as you can do this to respond to a port or add to the stack after a counterspell for maximum effectiveness.

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

If Death and Taxes is a problem, most notably if it's due to Rishadan Port, you could consider City of Solitude. Or if you're going for a 3rd splash, you could bring some really hateful stuff like Dread of Night or Engineered Plague.

Some things come to mind that between 1-2 casting cost range:

If just White: Journey to Nowhere, if you pack a playset of this, you could drop down to 1 O.Ring (B. Light or Cast out)
    If on Black: Dread of Night or Trial of Ambition could be worth testing, I imagine they wont be able to pay for Paralyze... I'm joking about that one .
    If on Red: Seal of Fire and Oath of Chandra

Honestly, I don't think you need to to look for splash, you could go with main decked:
    4 Journey to Nowhere + 1 Oblivion Ring, and you should fine. Which would also give you a fighting chance versus SnT decks.

I am also looking at your deck list, while it is your choice, I want to try to sway you anyways. I am not really a big fan of exploration, especially not as a two off, most specially as you decreased your enchantress count to a potential 10.We should have 12-13 Enchantress in the deck if possible, unless you're on the blue build. It's nice to be able to drop multiple lands a turn, but thats usually when you've already established an engine, and if that's the case, since your engine is online, is it really needed? I feel like you could use it to strengthen the deck's consistency instead by cutting down on it, or dropping it all together, specially if it means boosting your enchantress count to 12.

I see you're on the Words of War path, since that's what you're on, you could consider dropping Mirri's Guile, and going with Sylvan Library instead. It can act as a pseudo enchantess, and it combos with Words of War.
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

So I've been doing a lot of testing vs Death and Taxes, ANT, 4C Leovold, and Delver.

Some things I've found:

Blockers are pretty good: Seriously you guys should try Leafcrown Dryad in the SB. Having a blocker is different than just having another O. Ring effect - she prevents runts like Master Recruiter, Mom, Stoneforge, and elemental tokens from just swinging freely, and can end up getting 2 or 3 creatures over her life. She also avoids Sanctum Guardian and Thalia, and lets you pump up your Serra's Sanctum's value when Thalia is out, important for land-light hands when you need Sanctum to pump out mana. She effectively counters an Edict effect when Argothian is in play. She's by no means a game-breaker, but I've found her really useful in establishing a board presence against disruption + clock.

Another thing against DnT: Qasali Pridemage as a GSZ target has been very effective. Most obviously he kills Vial and equipment, but he also, through happy coincidence, kills the most annoying hate-bears: Spirit of the Labyrinth and Ethersworn Canonist. On the same note, just adding a Seal of Primordium or two from the SB (or Aura of Silence) has helped quite a bit. If I was dedicating SB slots to this matchup I still feel that Suppression Field is the strongest single card, but it's not as good as I'd like in other matches.

Finding #3: I was looking for a really swingy GSZ target versus 4C Leovold and the solution, I think, might be... Leovold. I'm trying one Bayou in the board to help support him, although those of you MDing Carpet of Flowers probably don't need it (but on a related note I'm rapidly becoming a fan of Doomwake Giant). I've only done limited testing with him vs. DnT but he serves the same function City of Solitude would. Plus side, he's tutorable with GSZ, and he's a very satisfactory blocker. Downside, he's not an enchantment, and actually drawing him tends to be awkward against the very mana disruption you want him against.

But against 4C Leovold I'd much rather have a Leovold of my own than City of Solitude. He shuts down Brainstorm, Ponder, and Jace. You know what I'm not going to write a defense of one of the most powerful cards in the format. Everyone knows why he's busted. Here's my point: we can run him in the SB and their creature removal will always be gone, minus edict and lightning bolt, which means worst case scenario he's +1 card advantage.

Finding #4: I don't know what y'all are drinking who think the ANT matchup is anything but a nightmare. I guess those of you running RIP have at least a little hope against them, but unless I was running that version I'd just give up on this match-up and dedicate the SB space to improving winnable rounds. I'm sticking to just hoping that cards that are good in other match-ups will help me luck the occasional storm win (Gaddock Teeg, Aura of Silence, Choke)

Creature control analysis:

Obviously StP is powerful but reducing the enchantment count always gives me pause. Still, going to test a couple in the board to see if it helps improve the relevant match-ups.

Journey to Nowhere seems niche, not being able to hit equipment or planeswalkers doesn't seem worth the 1 mana difference in most match-ups.

Oath of Chandra is similar. I guess it has the advantage of not being white, which sometimes matters versus Mom when you might have to waste multiple removal spells. But any situation where that's true is probably a full board, in which case I could just run Planar Collapse.

Trial of Ambition. If the Cartouches were playable this would be cool(okay the blue one isn't bad, but requires a very different build with both targets and more blue mana) but as it is I think it'll usually eat something useless like an elemental token. I dunno maybe some radically different build running Trial of Ambition the blue Cartouche and MD Leovold would actually be viable but I think you're talking about another deck at that point.

In Defense of Exploration: So this card often seems like win-more to the outside, but actually MD it's important to remember that having your engine online doesn't actually affect the board state. You have effectively 6 cards that do that in the entire deck, and Elephant Grasses often have to be used at sub-optimal times just to get the engine starting to run. So I don't consider Exploration a "win-more" card I consider it a "win-in-time" card. Also rarely it can be the ramp you need in your opening hand if you don't draw Sprawl or Wild Growth. All that said it is often the first card sided out, but when I side it out I'm putting in more specific cards that affect the board against whatever I'm playing.

On a side note I'm glad to see that the discussion around the deck has at least progressed to recognizing how good GSZ is. I remember last time I played people needed to be convinced to play it at all in Enchantress. I'm going to work on finding slots for more copies.

current list

4x Argothian
    4x Presence
    3-4x GSZ
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms
    4x Growth
    4x Sprawl
    1-2x Exploration
    3x Ground Seal
    2x Grove
    2x Replenish
    4x Grass
    2x Solitary Confinement
    2x Cast Out
    1x O Ring
    1x Choke
    1x WoWar
    0-1x Bayou
    1x Taiga
    3x Savannah
    4x Heath
    1x Foothills
    2x Sanctum
    1x Plains
    8x Forest

rotating sb

0-3x Carpet of Flowers
    3x Leafcrown Dryad
    2x Choke
    1-2x Doomwake Giant
    1-2x Seal of Primordium

GSZ targets
    1x Teovold
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Qasali Pridemage
    0-1x Reclamation Sage

Grove-able hosers

1x Humility
    1x Rest in Peace
    1x Nevermore
    1x Stony Silence

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Couple updates:

Not all my cards have come in the mail so I went to the local shop with a Savannah-less and GSZ-less list. Nevertheless went 3-0 and didn't lose a game. MD Choke was MVP since everything I played against was blue.

4x Argothian Enchantress
    4x Enchantress's Presence
    1x Eidolon of Blossoms
    4x Wild Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    2x Exploration
    1x Gaea's Touch
    3x Ground Seal
    3x Sterling Grove
    2x Replenish
    4x Elephant Gras
    2x Solitary Confinement
    1x Choke
    1x Lignify
    1x Seal of Primordium
    1x Oblivion Ring
    1x Words of War

1x Taiga
    1x Plains
    4x Windswept Heath
    1x Wooded Foothills
    2x Serra's Sanctum
    11x Forest

SB: 1x Choke
    3x Spreading Algae
    3x Suppression Field
    1x Solemnity
    1x Karmic Justice
    1x Circle of Protection: Red
    2x Aura of Silence
    1x Seal of Primordium
    1x Blind Obedience
    1x Stony Silence

Rounds 1 and 3 were against Delver and simply had the threats to overpower them and the Elephant Grass to buy time. Worth noting that Lignify was really good against them, as it hits Delver when it's most relevant. Round 2 got lucky game 1 vs. Food Chain, happened to play the Seal of Primordium just for the mana, when I had him pegged as Czech Pile. Game 2 I had a ton of hate including Suppression Field and Solemnity.

That said, I'm not convinced that Solitaire is the best version of enchantress, either at the moment or overall. I'm keeping notes on my side project, a nearly mono-green list running black for Doomwake Giant, over in the N&D forum under "Witch House".

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Hello, I was doing some changes to my current deck, and wanted to see what you guys think before I invest on it, I do not have the dark depths yet.
    I took out the grasses in the deck, to have a firm solid defense that I can go with either or, that is not too heavily reliant on enchantress or Solemnity, but could go either way.
    I have 1 less Green Sun's Zenith as usual, but in a way has a possibility of higher Enchantress count as well, or just grab some sort of defense, or find a win condition.

//Enchantress//

1 Karakas
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Savannah
    9 Forest
    1 Plains
    3 Serra's Sanctum

3 Solemnity

4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl

1 Banishing Light
    1 Ixalan's Binding
    1 Replenish

4 Enchantress's Presence
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Living Wish

3 Sterling Grove

3 Solitary Confinement
    3 Phyrexian Unlife
    1 Moat

1 Sigil, of the Empty Throne

//Sideboard
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Gaddok Teeg
    3 Pithing Needle
    3 Graffdigger's cage

//Wishboard
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Dark Depths
    1 Emrakul, the Eons Torn

Inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT:
    There is Dark Depths and Emrakul in the side as it depends on my current board position, or what may look like I can go with given the situation.
    A possible turn 3 Marit Lage, or the inevitability of Emrakul if we were able to achieve a critical mass.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

I have been playing the following Dark Depths list lately to up-and-down results. This list is heavily oriented on Solemnity and strays from focus on the Enchantress engine because Leovold is a pain.

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Holistic Wisdom
    3 Solemnity
    4 Elephant Grass
    1 Phyrexian Unlife
    1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Cast Out
    2 Journey to Nowhere
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne/Words of Wilding
    1 Exploration
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth

2 Crop Rotation

4 Windswept Heath
    1 Savannah
    8 Forest
    3 Plains
    2 Dark Depths
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm
    1 Serra's Sanctum

Sideboard:
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Stony Silence
    2 Suppression Field
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Humility
    2 Choke
    2 Peacekeeper

I love this kind of list because it can just explode into a t3-4 win easily, as opposed to durdling forever like the Solitaire decks of old.
    I removed the GSZ and Living Wish stuff because with Leovold running around, I'm comfortable just focusing on going with Marit Lage than forcing the draw engine. I prefer Sylvan Library over GSZ as a standalone additional draw spell because it's better in a vacuum (and honestly losing Teeg isn't that damaging for Storm, the matchup is abysmal regardless). I also think Solitary Confinement is questionable to rely on given the presence of Leovold, so it really isn't worth having more than 1 tops as a bullet. The list uses Journey to Nowhere in higher numbers to help with this too, so you minimize the number of times creatures like Leovold or Sanctum Prelate crap on you. Holistic Wisdom is an odd choice, but is the only option that allows you to get back both enchantments and utility lands, which Replenish won't do. Elephant Grass is an easy playset given its nifty interaction with Solemnity. The rest of the list is pretty straightforward, but the play style focuses on getting Marit Lage into play quickly. If you can't of the opponent can answer it, Sigil of the Empty Throne/Words of Wilding are fine backup plans. Note that Words of Wilding is a nice combo with Sylvan Library too.

This list also has a Crop Rotation package that also takes advantage of Solemnity, with Glacial Chasm and Karakas too that solidifies some of the deck's weaker matchups like Elves and Reanimator. Because of the Crop Rotation package, I also slim down on the number of nonbasics and Serra's Sanctums, which you can still get back with Holistic Wisdom if they get destroyed. Due to the lesser reliance on Sanctum and the engine, I don't run Emrakul. Because of the added utility nonbasics, I opted to not run a third color so no Words of War or Abundant Growth.

Sideboard is mostly bullets and standard choices. Rip/Helm gets boarded in for matches that handle Marit Lage too easily like Death and Taxes, and Peacekeeper is my option for trying to shut down Elves/Sneak and Show/Reanimator/etc. Humility likewise gets boarded with Rip/Helm when Marit Lage isn't a great option.

Overall this type of list offers some great benefits from standard lists, but does some things worse. It's a unique perspective on the deck that improves some matchups while weakens some, but it seems like a leaner option for the metagame given standard Enchantress builds struggle against the tempo and Leovold decks, while this also has the ability to win out of nowhere. This build isn't quite there yet and likely a few cards off, but it's a start and I've enjoyed running it. I just think it's a step in the right direction because traditional Enchantress just isn't designed to thrive in this type of metagame.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

@Claymore I have to say I don't understand cutting Elephant Grass in any version of Enchantress, much less one running Solemnity. I find myself constantly thanking the stars that this random 1 mana enchantment exists that bails you out of so many situations and buys you so much time for so little commitment.

Also it seems like any Enchantress list running both Living Wish and the Dark Depths/Solemnity win con should probably play black. Vampire Hexmage and Doomwake Giant as wish targets will win a lot of games.

@ Di - It sounds like you're saying there's a lot of Leovold in your meta, so why Sylvan Library over Mirri's Guile?

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

---Snip ---
    Change of heart, a friend of mine persuaded me to stay with the course I am on, he convinced me that he prefers my current one specially since he said it looks beautiful seeing on the other side of the table, seeing the beta Taiga and the Blood Moons from the Dark.

EDIT:
    Speaking of Blood Moons, he doesn't play Enchantress, but he did bring a good point. He said that a lot of decks right now are so greedy with their mana base, and that why don't we jam Blood Moons in our main deck? A lot of decks with greedy mana base, slamming it turn 2, can win us free games. Or just make leovold almost impossible to cast if they fetch a dual. That and it is most of the time a must counter for most decks, which leaves our enchantress safe from that said counter.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

@Claymore I have to say I don't understand cutting Elephant Grass in any version of Enchantress, much less one running Solemnity. I find myself constantly thanking the stars that this random 1 mana enchantment exists that bails you out of so many situations and buys you so much time for so little commitment.

Also it seems like any Enchantress list running both Living Wish and the Dark Depths/Solemnity win con should probably play black. Vampire Hexmage and Doomwake Giant as wish targets will win a lot of games.

@ Di - It sounds like you're saying there's a lot of Leovold in your meta, so why Sylvan Library over Mirri's Guile?
    Guile is perfectly fine over Sylvan, but I like Sylvan because of its interaction with Words too and it still operates as additional draw when needed, especially so outside of Leovold matchups. Though my main argument for it was over GSZ as the card was better on its own and helps dig for Crop Rotation and lands better. But Mirri's Guile works well in that slot too.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Hm fair enough. I'm curious about the Solemnity-Depths version but working on a different variant right now. Is it too janky to run a Knight of the Reliquary and GSZ to be able to get him or Argothian? I don't know what the right tutor package is to give you the best redundancy/ability to switch between plans, but GSZ/Living Wish/Crop Rotation/Enchantresses/Sylvan Library/Guile seems like a lot of options to test.

Have you tested Elvish Spirit Guide? When we tried Holistic Wisdom years ago, it gave you something to do with a mid-to-late game ESG, assuming an Argothian had bitten the dust, and of course early game ESGs can speed you up considerably and help you lure people into failed Dazes that end up buying you a lot of time.

Also when did you start playing Enchantress?

re: MD Blood Moon it seems like a totally legit call in the right meta-game.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Hm fair enough. I'm curious about the Solemnity-Depths version but working on a different variant right now. Is it too janky to run a Knight of the Reliquary and GSZ to be able to get him or Argothian? I don't know what the right tutor package is to give you the best redundancy/ability to switch between plans, but GSZ/Living Wish/Crop Rotation/Enchantresses/Sylvan Library/Guile seems like a lot of options to test.

Have you tested Elvish Spirit Guide? When we tried Holistic Wisdom years ago, it gave you something to do with a mid-to-late game ESG, assuming an Argothian had bitten the dust, and of course early game ESGs can speed you up considerably and help you lure people into failed Dazes that end up buying you a lot of time.

Also when did you start playing Enchantress?

re: MD Blood Moon it seems like a totally legit call in the right meta-game.
    I've only played the deck sparingly since I picked up cards for it hoping for an Earthcraft unbanning, but have been tinkering with various Dark Depths packages and this is one I've liked.

The Solemnity package ends up taking quite a bit of space to use consistently, so having the additional slots for GSZ shenanigans and such is difficult. If you find room great, but at that point the deck seems to be trying to do to too many things at once.

I tried both ESG and Chrome Mox, but liked neither more than the 8 Wild Growths (slots where they fight over), which are just better for the deck's overall plan and far stronger in the longer run as opposed to occasionally explosive starts. If anything I'd like more Explorations as I have a higher land count to accommodate Crop Rotation and the fact three lands don't add mana because they offer similar explosiveness, but there's little wiggle room here.

@ Blood Moon - if you aren't playing a land-centric list like Depths, this should be a 2+ card in any Enchantress maindeck. It's too good to ignore and wins games by itself. I do have a Bant list that revolving around Rip/Helm with Energy Field for a lock that also uses Back to Basics, but either way the nonbasic land hate is one of the deck's biggest strengths currently and nobody seems to be abusing that, especially given the deck operates so nicely off basics alone.

Don't know if any of you remember me, but I used to stream enchantress and I'm thinking about picking the deck up again in paper. I had originally traded it off and got in to lands but I'm starting to miss the feeling of drawing tons of cards and hard casting emrakuls. Haven't been paying to much attention to how the legacy meta has been, but top miracles being off the table seems like a bad development. What have you all been expecting online or in side events?

Going out to Washington DC with enchantress. I know it will be tough, but I did OK the last Classic I played in Baltimore but that was pre-top ban.
    Play a list similar to Fjaulnir with the Black splash with RIP/Helm Main Deck

But a few questions I have for the metagame....

1) Sideboard Tech - Currently I have
    1 City of Solitude - Good vs D&T and Lands
    2 Engineered Plague - Elves, Possibly Delver.
    1 Gaddock Teeg - Elves, possibly others
    1 Humility - Elves, Reanimator and other Fatties
    3 Leyline of Sanctity - Protection Burn, BUG, Food Chain, Aluren.... etc.
    1 Peacekeeper - Elves, and stops anihilator triggers. works in Show and tell as well,
    1 Pithing Needle - Stops X Activation
    1 Seal of Primordium - Bad Enchantment or Artifact Hate. (I can see playing the 3 cost one instead)
    2 Suppression Fields - Slows down X Activation.
    1 Swords to Plowshares - Reanimator or for Leovold
    1 Trinisphere - Storm, UR Delver, Elves?

Trying to see if I can fit Faerie Mcabre in as I seem to be dead to BR reanimator or if there is anything anyone can think of.

2) Oblivion Ring vs. Cast Out - I have two ORing effects in the deck. I know Cast Out is anti Abrupt Decay, but costs one more. I don't think the instant speed comes up often enough and the cycling is kind of redundant.

3) Lotus Petal - Though of adding lotus petal, but do you go to 19 lands? Play 61 cards? I see getting the two cost out immediately being helpful?

4) Number of Fetches - How worried about stifle and/or ghost quarter should I be? I play around 7 fetches?

Thread Information