Page 273 of 282 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    HA! I completely didn't even catch that and apparently neither did my opponent. And yes, Mindbreak Trap is for the business spells because surviving non-craterhoof turns is usually do-able.
    I think I may add that to my sideboard. I think it is better than trinisphere vs storm as they can just bounce via echoing truth.

Also, I don't know if you saw Enchanter's Bane in C18. This card will be a serious problem for the enchantress deck. This gives red access to enchantment hate.

There are a few ways I think you can deal with it though.

1) Add Rec sage and either use the Living Wish Package or Not
    2) Use Abrupt Decay and or Seal of Primordium type effects mainboard.
    3) Or my favorite, Painter Servant, Circle of Protection: Black or Story Circle. At one time I even tried playing darkest hour, but I felt that was too narrow, I always thought you can probably create a painter/enchantress hybrid but instead pf being all blue or red, choose black. Works great with elephant grass. It also gives you access to counterspells via Lifeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    I think I may add that to my sideboard. I think it is better than trinisphere vs storm as they can just bounce via echoing truth.

Also, I don't know if you saw Enchanter's Bane in C18. This card will be a serious problem for the enchantress deck. This gives red access to enchantment hate.

There are a few ways I think you can deal with it though.

1) Add Rec sage and either use the Living Wish Package or Not
    2) Use Abrupt Decay and or Seal of Primordium type effects mainboard.
    3) Or my favorite, Painter Servant, Circle of Protection: Black or Story Circle. At one time I even tried playing darkest hour, but I felt that was too narrow, I always thought you can probably create a painter/enchantress hybrid but instead pf being all blue or red, choose black. Works great with elephant grass. It also gives you access to counterspells via Lifeforce.
    While it will definitely hurt, the main deck solitary confinement and sterling grove's (and energy fields if you're using the RiP combo) I think should keep the damage from getting too out of hand? Depending on how prevalent it becomes, upping the count of sterling groves might be a good idea but, at least in my meta, enchantment hate isn't too common. that said option 3 sounds pretty spicy.

I don't know who would dedicate a SB slot for this...
    Enchantress decks are not played enough, and most commonly played mono red decks are Dragon Stompy / Monored Prison, and Enchantress is not a bad matchup at all for them.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

that's so much less scary than Pyrostatic Pillar
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Or the more commonly played Scab-Clan Berserker... a nightmare from MonoRed Prison SB (to fight Storm, originally)
    A T1 / T2 Berserker is devastating. Our answers are too slow.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Good with Eidolon of Blossoms I suppose?

And this one isn't really on my radar, but I guess if someone's build wants a shitty Enchantress effect + GSZ-able wincon:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

And this one isn't really on my radar, but I guess if someone's build wants a shitty Enchantress effect + GSZ-able wincon:

Estrid's Invocation looks like a slam dunk to me. I've played with Copy Enchantment before and this seems strictly better. The ability to have it come in and out as a copy every turn could get around the costs of elephant grass and solitary confinement right? Being blue opens up to Energy Field, Mystic Remora, In the Eye of Chaos, and Words of Wind off the top of my head.

The legendary creature is cute but not good enough for legacy.

I feel like what I really need to do is just break down different directions the deck could take and weigh the pros and cons. The metagame is still developing but sooner or later a "best deck" will come out on top most likely.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Quote Originally Posted by simdude View Post
    Estrid's Invocation looks like a slam dunk to me. I've played with Copy Enchantment before and this seems strictly better. The ability to have it come in and out as a copy every turn could get around the costs of elephant grass and solitary confinement right?
    That only gives you one extra turn of grass/solcon though, which seems narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnza View Post
    That only gives you one extra turn of grass/solcon though, which seems narrow.
    if you managed to get two copies in play you could cycle them for indefinite grass/solcon, possibly? still doesnt seem to great

could see a use in the main to copy banishing light/o-ring to constantly reset vials/chalices. this along with potential extra utility from another enchantment could possibly warrant a 1-2 of main? I might test it although my lack of experience can only say so much on it.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post

Or the more commonly played Scab-Clan Berserker... a nightmare from MonoRed Prison SB (to fight Storm, originally)
    A T1 / T2 Berserker is devastating. Our answers are too slow.
    If you're afraid of those you can always play Sphere of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

OMG. This one is a must have in a UG build. At least 1, for a 6th Enchantress effect. It will combine well with Eidolon indeed, but also with every enchantment with an ETB ability and / or cumulative upkeep (eg Abundant growth, Doomwake Giant, Elephant Grass, Mystic Remora...). And why not cards like Runed Halo, that you can reset depending on your needs ?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

You can also copy Banishing Light on a lot of relevant cards; Chalice(comes back at 0), Endless One, Walking Ballista, Delver(unflips), germ tokens, Marit Lage tokens, Mox Diamond,Chrome Mox, planeswalkers that have high loyalty, Aether Vial, etc.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

You can also copy Banishing Light on a lot of relevant cards; Chalice(comes back at 0), Endless One, Walking Ballista, Delver(unflips), germ tokens, Marit Lage tokens, Mox Diamond,Chrome Mox, planeswalkers that have high loyalty, Aether Vial, etc.
    And why not Kudzu ? With a Living Wish package including Rishadan Port, it could be a fun and recursive stonerain :)
    (okay that's more for casual gaming but you see the idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    If you're afraid of those you can always play Sphere of Law
    Thanks for the idea, I forgot this one.

FINALLY!

Happy Commander 2018 reprints ~

I'm surprised they didn't reprint Sterling Grove in Estrid's deck as well since they have the new art promo in MTGO:

Anyone know why the Argothian Enchantress price spiked recently?

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    Anyone know why the Argothian Enchantress price spiked recently?
    A lot of people are messing with the commander stuff. So a few of our pieces may even go up, I wonder how high Serra's Sanctum will go up, that being in reserve list as well, and the release of the new commander.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    A lot of people are messing with the commander stuff. So a few of our pieces may even go up, I wonder how high Serra's Sanctum will go up, that being in reserve list as well, and the release of the new commander.
    Just looked. Up to 112. Unfortunately, sold mine for about $40 a year ago.

Anyone trying out the new U enchantments in a shell? They tikkle my fancy, but I can't really come up with a decent shell to play them in. And would it be doable to put 2 Estrid in our beloved deck? Especially her +2 is powerfull as a mana accelerant to do even more broken things each turn.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    Anyone trying out the new U enchantments in a shell? They tikkle my fancy, but I can't really come up with a decent shell to play them in. And would it be doable to put 2 Estrid in our beloved deck? Especially her +2 is powerfull as a mana accelerant to do even more broken things each turn.

If you're adding planeswalkers, when is Estrid better than good ol' Garruk Wildspeaker? +1 is better until you have 3 growths and he can actually effect the board. Estrid wins bigger, that's for sure. Maybe I'm underselling the totem armor.

Ever-watching Threshold seems underwhelming tbh. Any game where it's relevant we'd rather just stop the attack in the first place.

Thread Information