Page 187 of 282 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

They are good only if we run replenish

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Sep 2011

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    They are good only if never.

True :)

Enviado desde mi XT890 mediante Tapatalk

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I'm not convinced that either is optimal. But Replenish is definitely better than not-Replenish right now, and Commune feeds Replenish while digging for answers and Argothians. It's worth testing.
    Last edited by btm10; 04-20-2014 at 10:44 AM.

After new ruling about legend, anyone have tested the 3rd of sanctuary??

Opa

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Enchantress Deck Tech from today's Detroit SCG Open

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/..._with_mic.html

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Opax View Post
    After new ruling about legend, anyone have tested the 3rd of sanctuary??

Opa
    Yes, and many of us are up to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Kruphix's Insight from the new set seems incredibly good in here. Scry 6 and draw 3? Yes please!

This card it tough to evaluate. It is not exactly scry since the cards go the grave. IT does help "fatten" the yard for Replenish so long that you have enchantments in the top 6 that you don't want to go to our hand (up to 3.)

I think it's greater strength is it is a non-draw "draw" card. That can help find answers for things like Spirit of the Labyrinth or Notion Thief, Lilliana while clearing the top 3 for a fresh Guile the following turn which is fairly powerful. Having said that it is going to take testing to prove it's value or non-value. ...and it is only as strong as the supporting cast.

I am not a fan of the fact that it can not stop a Replenish / Argothian Enchantress or Green Sun's from going to the yard from the top 6.

The card I am super excited about is Banishing Light.

Aside from the cool art it's a "fixed" O-ring. This one you can do less tricks with (like removing the O-ring while the initial trigger is on the stack to permanently exile a permanent), however it's a new name card that you can now run main without hesitation. I was always reluctant on the number of O rings main becuase some people do not play permanents and it was a dead enchantment or I would have to exile one of my own. Now it reads "opponent controls" therefore if my opponent has nothing in play but I just want to use it as a draw / ramp (sanctum) I can with no drawback as the trigger will just fizzle. There is also an added bonus in that is a uniquely named spell that can give Meddling Mages a run for their money if you run a split between the two (Bansihing Light & O Ring).

Never tell me the odds.
    Jan 2010
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Enchantress Deck Tech from today's Detroit SCG Open

http://www.starcitygames.com/events/..._with_mic.html
    That's me! Too bad they don't show the cards anymore though, the deck is all foil (except for that Pithing Needle...).

Too bad the wheels fell off though. Ended up losing to Esper Deathblade (Thoughseizes, counterspells (with actual Counterspells!) and Meddling Mages), RUG Delver (Mull to 5 game 1 on the play, weak Guiles in game two and he played Spell Snares over Spell Peirce) and a generic UWR Delver deck.

Had a great time though. Lots of people reading enchantments and such. I don't think I'll try Enchantress again at Open again until Meddling Mage goes away. It's just one hate card too much I feel.

Jan 2014
    Castricum

It might be a bit early to tell but it seems that the enchantment matters block did not actually add anything to the enchantment based deck in legacy. That being said, there are some cards that do have my interest and I feel are worth testing. Nyx weaver seems like it might make an interesting addition, it blocks delver and feeds the yard for replenish while getting replenish back from it.
    Grim guardian could also fit within such a shell as a win-con/horned turtle that interacts favorably with replenish.
    The problem with this route is that it turns enchantress in a full on graveyard deck of which there are already so many (better) ones running around.

Non of the gods truly appeal to me, which saddens me, the only interesting passive is on the r/u one as it combo's nicely with Guile, but its cost and color prohibit any real consideration. If however constellation turns out to be a thing we want, Heliod might be an interesting inclusion. The rest of the gods are just semi big beat-sticks with mostly useless passives.

As it stands, I like the stock up on hate, build pillow fortress and win with Emrakul/Helm+RIP once inevitability is reached style of playing that it started out as.
    Last edited by Kulta; 05-01-2014 at 10:40 PM.

You've got to start testing the new draw spell. Seriously, in a mostly enchantment deck it will draw 3 and fill the graveyard for Replenish for only 2G. I'd play 4 of these in every enchantress deck.

May 2014
    Belgium

Hi Guys!

I recently started playing Legacy because I was invited to an event in my local store. Before that, I always played Casual Multiplayer. Since I already had an Enchantress deck for my MP games and it was the only thing that came close to something worthwhile to playing Legacy (since I don't really own any of the other Legacy cards) I decided to bring that along for making my first steps into the format.

I've always enjoyed playing Enchantress and ever since I started playing Legacy, I've started to enjoy it even more. Of course my deck still needs some improvement since I'm converting it from MP to SP. I guess it's fair to say that it already improved quite a bit since my first Legacy game and the only thing holding me back is money, so I'm assembling pieces whenever I can.

Here's what I'm currently working with:

1 Crop Rotation
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Argothian Enchantress

1 Exploration
    1 Mirri's Guile
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Sterling Grove
    3 Rest in Peace
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Solitary Confinement
    1 Oblivion Ring

2 Helm of Obedience

2 Windswept Heath
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    2 Savannah
    3 Plains
    11 Forest

In comparison to the 1st time I played Legacy, I was able to get the following cards as improvements:

2 Windswept Heath, 2 Savannah, 1 Helm of Obedience, 1 Rest in Peace, 1 Exploration, 1 Mirri's Guile. I should be able to get my hands on the 3th Heath next friday.

Last time I played with a similar build, which still included Sigil of the Empty Throne. I'm still pretty unsure about leaving it in or out, because so far I haven't really had any benefits over the course of 7 games. Decided to try Crop Rotation at the moment.

Which one would be better to run in the RIP/Helm version: GSZ or Living Wish?

About the SB, I don't really have a proper sideboard. I have like 6 cards in it that are worthwhile and other spots I'm filling up with other cards since I don't have any Leylines, Gaddock/Ethersworn,... yet.

I'd like to get some feedback on the maindeck to see where the next investment(s) should be made (apart from the manabase). I'm also doubting about the Groves. I like them a lot but it looks like a lot of people are cutting those down.

Another thing I'd like to ask is, I've seen people playing Stony Silence in the SB of RIP/Helm. But that shuts down our own combo. So what's the game plan then?

Has anybody tried an Exploration version with Courser of Kruphix?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad_Fishy View Post
    Has anybody tried an Exploration version with Courser of Kruphix?
    I play 3 Explorations in my Enchantress and was planning on making a few changes next time I run it, swapping out O-rings for Banishing Light(s) and putting a Courser in ... maybe adding a couple of GSZs. I don't like GSZ when the only target is enchantress, this guy could be a shrouded 2/4 blocker/explorer ... I also play 3 Guile and he seems fine with it.

Can I see your list?

Hey. I'm new on this thread. and new to the enchantress deck. But I would love to se the decklist with courser of kruphix. I don't really know where to start on the enchantress deck. So I wanna se as many decks as possible. The BG list all so seems nice.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by korfits View Post
    Hey. I'm new on this thread. and new to the enchantress deck. But I would love to se the decklist with courser of kruphix. I don't really know where to start on the enchantress deck. So I wanna se as many decks as possible. The BG list all so seems nice.
    I am also very interested in a list containing Courser of Kruphix. At first glance I didn't make much of it, but watching it in action on the Pro Tour this last weekend my eyes were opened.

It has the potential to fit well in enchantress as a 1-2 of because:

- It is Green
    - It is an enchantment
    - It helps with ramp
    - Can be dropped as early as T2
    - The fact that the top card is shown is not that great of a draw back given the draw power, and deck manipulation of Enchantress is too high for that game information loss to matter in most cases.

Special Boons:

-Can be GSZ'ed for
    -Works absurdly well with Mirri's Guile
    - Out of Bolt Range
    - Can block 3 power or less dudes (Thalia! [shakes fist])
    - Can be sac-ed to edicts (in lieu of Argothians)

The set does show some seemingly inconspicuous cards that can play a decent role in Enchantress's development. Namely Kruphix's Insight, Banishing Light, and Courser.

Testing and time will tell. I'd like to get back on the horse and be on the cutting edge of this development, but currently I simply don't have the time for it.

Soon though, soon.

You really think that it's not a problem that the opponant sees all your draws? Against a control matchup it could be hard to deal with. He would know exactly what to counter.
    But the exploration would be a nice with the courser.
    If you run with 1-2 courser would 3-4 sterling grove then be a must?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

You really think that it's not a problem that the opponent sees all your draws? Against a control matchup it could be hard to deal with. He would know exactly what to counter.
    No I don't. The engine will typically out threat their defense. This is why I wouldn't cut any Green Sun's, Agothians, Pressences, or now Kuphix's Insights.

I tested it a bit last night and overall it's very good, but in my opinion not what the deck needs. I never felt like GSZing for it was correct, and when in hand there was better things to do. So I quickly cut it.

Kruphix's Insight, and Banishing Light are powerhouses. Insight was a non-draw "draw" 3 for 3 mana about 75% of the time. It helped me dig into the last remaining Banishing Light when facing down a Notion Thief (yes that really did happen.) It was never less than a draw two. It doesn't in my mind replace any of the 4 Green suns, 3 Guiles, 4 Argothians, or 4 Presences though because it does not match their tempo. It is a nice get out of jail free card though. The card is really good at digging you out of mulligans, and or when facing down hand / draw disruption.

I was a sceptic turned fan.

You really think that it's not a problem that the opponant sees all your draws? Against a control matchup it could be hard to deal with. He would know exactly what to counter.
    You counter the enchantress effects. If you don't know that then you haven't played control vs. enchantress much.

Jan 2014
    Perrysburg, Ohio

Are there any good Junk Enchantress builds out there or is the thought you're just watering down the Original better version?

Thread Information