Page 280 of 282 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    If we do live in an Oko world than Sigil of the Empty Throne might be better than Doomwake Giant for the first time in years.
    Well, regarding Oko, at least Enchantress has somewhat "less" to fear than decks are are more reliant on Creature and Artifact effectiveness. It does hurt Destiny Spinner, but Oko doesn't do much of anything much make bodies against most other things we bring to the table, since Shroud protects Argothian and just being an Enchantment protects the rest. That doesn't mean that Oko isn't something of a problem, but maybe just slightly less of a problem vs. Enchantress than other Green decks. I think the related hypothetical rise in Leovold and Decay are maybe more of an issue, Leo being the bigger one, of course.

We'll have to wait and see how the meta shakes out though, of course. But I would not be shocked to see more Leovold around in the near future, but more doesn't necessarily mean a huge number.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hey everyone. Long time fan of the Legacy format, very new to playing it. I really love toolbox/prison style decks, so I figured Enchantress might be a decent place to start (the relatively cheapness for the deck on MTGO helps too). Here's my list, it's mostly based off of a recent list I found (but cannot find again now to give credit), but I've been playing it throughout the week and making adjustments.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2918201#paper

As far as some of the choices

2x Destiny Spinner - Honestly this is super great for the deck, good for the meta I think. With Sterling Grove down it makes most of your deck uncounterable. It's also a backup win con in a pinch.

1x Doomwake Giant - It's incredibly backbreaking against any creature strategy, and is pretty handy for helping take down pesky Okos and other planeswalkers once he gets shroud from Grove.

4x Abundant Growth/4x Utopia Sprawl - Probably not a controversial choice, but I think it's worth noting that these cards pretty much let you be super greedy and do a light splash of anything if you really want it.

1x Alpine Moon - I really think this is almost better than Blood Moon. It costs 2 whole mana less, it attacks pretty much the same things, and it lets you keep your Serra Sanctums and whatnot. After having some trouble against G/B Depths decks in the Tournament Practice room online, I added this baby in and haven't looked back.

In my experience, the matchup against Oko decks is VERY difficult to lose. If our board has shroud, then Oko is stuck making very slow 3/3's, while we amass huge mana and cast Emrakul. I've had a decent amount of trouble against some of the more unfair decks though (reanimator, storm, etc), so any sb help for that would be great. Anyways, glad to meet you all!

Quote Originally Posted by sainttobias View Post
    Hey everyone. Long time fan of the Legacy format, very new to playing it. I really love toolbox/prison style decks, so I figured Enchantress might be a decent place to start (the relatively cheapness for the deck on MTGO helps too). Here's my list, it's mostly based off of a recent list I found (but cannot find again now to give credit), but I've been playing it throughout the week and making adjustments.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2918201#paper

As far as some of the choices

2x Destiny Spinner - Honestly this is super great for the deck, good for the meta I think. With Sterling Grove down it makes most of your deck uncounterable. It's also a backup win con in a pinch.

1x Doomwake Giant - It's incredibly backbreaking against any creature strategy, and is pretty handy for helping take down pesky Okos and other planeswalkers once he gets shroud from Grove.

4x Abundant Growth/4x Utopia Sprawl - Probably not a controversial choice, but I think it's worth noting that these cards pretty much let you be super greedy and do a light splash of anything if you really want it.

1x Alpine Moon - I really think this is almost better than Blood Moon. It costs 2 whole mana less, it attacks pretty much the same things, and it lets you keep your Serra Sanctums and whatnot. After having some trouble against G/B Depths decks in the Tournament Practice room online, I added this baby in and haven't looked back.

In my experience, the matchup against Oko decks is VERY difficult to lose. If our board has shroud, then Oko is stuck making very slow 3/3's, while we amass huge mana and cast Emrakul. I've had a decent amount of trouble against some of the more unfair decks though (reanimator, storm, etc), so any sb help for that would be great. Anyways, glad to meet you all!
    ThrabenU literally just posted his thoughts on enchantress. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQAO090xwRI

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hi all, what do you think about this red splash? Is Klothys any good? Banefire??
    https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=24667&d=372547&f=LE

21 LANDS
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    1 Karakas
    4 Prismatic Vista
    1 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    6 Snow-Covered Forest
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    1 Snow-Covered Plains
    1 Taiga
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills

12 CREATURES
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Destiny Spinner
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    3 Klothys, God of Destiny
    2 Setessan Champion
    3 INSTANTS and SORC.
    1 Banefire
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

24 OTHER SPELLS
    3 Abundant Growth
    1 Calix, Destiny's Hand
    3 Elephant Grass
    2 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Exploration
    2 Mirri's Guile
    1 On Thin Ice
    2 Solitary Confinement
    2 Sterling Grove
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Wild Growth

SIDEBOARD
    2 Alpine Moon
    1 Arasta of the Endless Web
    2 Choke
    1 Destiny Spinner
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Humility
    1 Knight of Autumn
    2 Oblivion Ring
    1 On Thin Ice
    1 Seal of Primordium
    2 Veil of Summer

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

My god it's a decent sidegrade to Solitary Confinement!

Pros:
    Not engine-dependant
    Doesn't lose to Petty Theft

Cons:
    You can still be targeted
    Not as hard of a lock against things that can swarm the board EDIT: or burn with an active Eidolon
    EDIT: slightly harder mana cost

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post

My god it's a decent sidegrade to Solitary Confinement!
    Yet another combo with Solemnity.

Been thinking a lot for the last few days about how i would post this, but to not delay this any longer, this is my (now finished :33) current list:

// Maindeck
    // 10 Creature
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
    3 Destiny Spinner

// 29 Enchantment
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Exploration
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Solitary Confinement
    4 Elephant Grass
    1 Cast Out

// 1 Instant
    1 Crop Rotation

// 18 Land
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    7 Forest
    4 Windswept Heath
    1 Karakas
    1 Savannah
    1 Overgrown Tomb

// 2 Sorcery
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

// Sideboard
    // 1 Creature
    SB: 1 Doomwake Giant

// 8 Enchantment
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 3 Ixalan's Binding
    SB: 1 Stony Silence

// 6 Instant
    SB: 1 Assassin's Trophy
    SB: 2 Veil of Summer
    SB: 2 Abrupt Decay
    SB: 1 Crop Rotation

A few comments on some of my particular choices for some slots, given what i've seen so far of the lists people have been running:

*Dryad Arbor - One of the latest additions to the list (after it got reprinted on TSR and got a bit cheaper to my liking), it turns the GSZs into another turn 1 ramp spell alongside Sprawl, Growth and Exploration, on top of everything it already did on this deck - also, it gives me the possibility of 'bluffing' being a Maverick on turn 1.

*Destiny Spinner - Probably the most discussed card these last few posts on this deck. IMO, it's an amazing alternative wincon, it holds your ground against a few decks like Elves and Eldrazi Stompy (alledgedly) and it protects you from stuff like Chalice of the Void and Force of Will, but i don't think it's strong enough to replace the deck's standard "15-mana-hard-cast-Emrakul" plan. Personally, i have never liked even the Rest in Piece-Helm of Obedience combo as the primary wincon on this deck, when Emrakul is so much more consistent and safer. So i've opted to run a mere 2 copies (now 3, as i explain below), since it's easily GSZ-tutorable.

(EDIT: i ended up sac'cing Setessan Champion from the deck and replacing it with a third Spinner, since i realized after playtesting the deck a lot that the Champion NEVER hits the table. It's always a worse option than the Argothian, and way too vulnerable to be able to be efficient, especially against decks like Burn. Also, two copies felt a little bit too low a number for the Spinners, since they are the grand safe haven of the strategy against counterspells and Chalice, and an excelent alternative wincon that i must be able to get to the battlefield should my opponent, say, do a Runed Halo or Vial in a Meddling Mage naming Emrakul, or even exile it from my GY before its trigger resolves. So it felt like a third Spinner was an urge, and the Champion being in the list made it suboptimal. Easy swap. :P)

*Dryad of the Ilysian Grove - This is a card i REALLY like on this deck. In past metas, this would have been the ultimate tech for Enchantress, but as things present themselves right now, with D&Ts almost unrepresented on the meta (EDIT: this is no longer true thanks to Skyclave Apparition), the fact it could block a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, survive it's first strike and then kill it on the crackback is close to irrelevant. Still, the fact of it being a creature almost completely able to block and not only survive but kill most creatures on the format, with built-in Exploration and Prismatic Omen and on top of that, having inherited those two cards' permanent type, meaning on this deck, it's a draw spell as well, is nothing to sneeze at. It's a very powerful card, and once again, GSZ-tutorable. The only reason i don't run more than one copy, is because of the Explorations - of which i'm going to talk next.

*Exploration - The fact that this deck wants to make Emrakuls on turn 3, turn 5 at most, means it needs to have 'land slots available' each and every turn. The logic is simple: if i have close to 12-15 enchantments on the table and i draw into a Serra's Sanctum and an Emrakul, i want to be able to play that Sanctum right away so i can cast Emrakul and take the game. This is not possible if i 'spent' the turn's usual land slot playing, say, a Forest into a Utopia Sprawl hoping to draw those cards out of an Enchantress. However, if i have played an Exploration on the early, the chances of it not happening and i not having to stall to win the game rise substantially. Especially considering Exploration costs a mere G to cast, so it's almost a cantrip with benefits (In fact, it's the same reason for which i run more Mirri's Guiles than Sylvan Libraries - it's cheaper, serves the same purpose on the early game, and in the late game it's a simple one mana draw spell that ramps me into Sanctum mana).

*Sterling Grove - There is not much to be said about it, it's almost an auto include for every Enchantress list (unless you're playing monogreen Enchantress) for the protection and selection power it gives you, but that's the exact reason why i'm finding it so strange that few lists i've seen here run more than 2 copies of it in an Oko-infested meta. Even more if we stop to consider most people are betting on Destiny Spinner as a wincon - which can easily be targeted by Oko, Thief of Crowns and lose all its winning powers. IMO, with this Oko infestation, it's almost mandatory to any Enchantress player to run 3 copies of Grove. (EDIT: yeah, i know, Oko is no more. But the argument stands.)

*Elephant Grass - Grass over Confinement. 4-2. Well, that's a choice i've made for two reasons - one: as i said before for more than one card, Grass is 2 mana cheaper, so it counts as a draw spell on the late game even if you don't wish to keep it around; and two: here where i live and play, Magic is not exactly cheap business, so most people, even (and maybe most of all) Legacy players, run the cheaper decks in tournaments - like, for example, Reanimator variants. MOSTLY MONOBLACK. So... i guess it's self explanatory from then on, isn't it? (But bonus points for it as i've found out from an Elves player's ragequit on MTGO how hilariously good this card can be on this matchup against an opponent caught by surprise. :P)

*Sanctum - I probably should not be talking about Sanctum, but as i've seen most decks running only 2 copies, i feel it's fitting: i need to draw it at least once a game to have the mana i need to cast Emrakul, or even animate enough lands to strike decently FTW. And in Emrakul's case, it's even more important if i want to cast it early in the game, so it's a must have 3 copies of. I'd not run 4 copies of Sanctum, because time after time i've seen people playing with a full playset and drawing them, say, on opening hand, or when all they needed was a Forest. The moment i need it is when it will generate the most optimal amount of mana it can, which is something around 8-12 mana, or more. Which means i want to draw it only once a game, twice if that much, and only at mid-late game. 4 copies is too much for that.

*Shocklands over Old Duals - This is, again, an option made based on solely one thing: BUDGET. Dual lands are DEADLY expensive around here, and since this whole deck only runs 2 of them (even because one of the main ideas of this deck's mana base is to be as invulnerable to Wasteland and Blood Moon as possible), it did not feel like old duals were an urge for this deck. It's an upgrade i intend to make on the future, but for now, the deck is playable - and once i properly test it, i'll bring out more thoughts on the matter (as well as on all the other choices i've made for it :P )

(EDIT: I managed to buy myself a Savannah, so now only Overgrown Tomb stays as a shockland - because 1) with the price of one Bayou i could buy two Savannahs, and i simply cannot afford that ATM; and 2) the deck only demands black mana post-sideboarding, so it's unlikely to be fetched or even played before G2 in any situation (not to say it's impossible for me to ever fetch and use it on G1); so it's really not an urge.)

Now, on to the sideboard:

*Doomwake Giant - Most people i've seen so far on this forum have been running DWG on the main, to fight off creature based decks. Personally, with Spinner and Grass maindeck, i don't feel the need to do so. It can sit on the SB waiting until i cross a creature deck's path to have it's time to shine. (And maybe also to prevent Hullbreachers from doing their thing, should i not find Decays or Bindings on the draw. Speaking of which...

*Ixalan's Binding - This is probably the card i've speculated the most and spent the most time thinking around what to put on that slot that allowed me to have a safe game, no matter on what situation i put myself through.

Because, the Enchantress is a rare kind of deck that initially looks hard to pilot, but it has a built-in strategy for each and every archetype on the format. ANT/TES/Storm types of combo? Stick a Confinement and/or a Leyline on the table. Show and Tell? Pull a Karakas from the deck and bounce their Emrakul/Griselbrand. Eldrazi? Just hault their advance with your lands through Spinner and play more of them next turn.
    Trinisphere? Cast Out it. Chalice of the Void? Just play Spinner and ignore it. Chalice on 2? GSZ Spinner and to hell with it. 12-post? We can be faster. Oko? Pfff... We laugh at it's face. Like "Oh, how nice this planeswalker of yours... But tell me again, DOES IT TARGET ENCHANTMENTS?" (F to pay respect) Uro? Elves? Our lands can hault their advance. (Plus all of the tribal decks quoted above can be set back with a combination of Grass, Confinement and DG.) It braves through counterspells and discard spells nearly unscathed. It can take many interactions/disruptions/removals during a match and barely be held back, and it's almost unvulnerable to all land disruptions in the format, such as Back to Basics and the aforementioned duo of BM and Wasteland. So, cutting short: in the hands of a person that not necessarily mastered the deck, but simply knows its proper game lines, Enchantress can be a potential results-producing vessel. However.

There are THREE CARDS that are our most absolute kryptonite - they SEVERELY hold our plan back, to the level of causing instant game concessions when they enter the battlefield. Those are Narset, Parter of Veils, Leovold, Emissary of Trest and Hullbreacher. Narset, because of Oko, has not seen so much play in Legacy these last times, but Leovold, on the other hand, is returning to the format as a piece of some Nic Fit and even some Aluren builds (EDIT: Narset is also coming back to the format now as a piece of the newcomer Shark decks). And Hullbreacher, ever since its recent printing in Commander Legends, has already kicked its way into Legacy smashing any deck that's based on card drawing value engines, just like we are. So, as to not have any kind of problems with those cards as they enter, i'm running 3 copies of Ixalan's Binding. Three copies because as these cards basically JAM our draw engine, we have to maximize the odds of drawing it so that we can solve the problem permanently. And yes, it solves the problem permanently. If we played Nevermore or Oblivion Ring, even though those cards cost one less mana, 1) if we played a Nevermore naming one of those cards we would not be able to predict if our opponent has the cards or not, or if they have them in multiples or not, which usually means we could be wasting the effect and creating issues for our own game plan; and 2) if we played an O Ring on one of those cards and our opponent had another on the crackback, we just spent our whole turn for nothing, while our opponent is growing in value by taking once another card from our hand. With Binding, for one mere extra mana, we have both effects in the same card. We wait until our opponent show us if they have the card, and then make the play. Since our opponent is not gonna be able to replay the exiled card after that, it's essentially a 1-for-1, but it can potentially be more than that. For that kind of value, and most of all, that kind of safety in keeping with our plan intact even when facing such hateful cards (at least for us, they are :P), i think it's worth the 3 SB slots. But enough of rambling. Let's move on.

*Leyline of the Void - I chose it over Rest in Peace because 1) i don't intend on running the Helm of Obedience combo; 2) it comes in a turn or two earlier than RiP; 3) the deck should, in theory, be able to cast it later in the game should it be removed, due to the fact it can, to some extent, generate black mana; 4) it does not exile our own grave, so we can still reshuffle our unused cards into our deck by discarding Emrakul, should we come close to deck ourselves or should we, say, take a Wasteland on our Karakas while having a Rotation open and our opponent has just managed to put Marit Lage out.

*Stony Silence - Along with Leyline, solves the 'rest' of the turn 1 combos that Grass and Confinement can't deal with.

*Decay - Personally, i like the safety of Decay - ESPECIALLY against Delver of Secrets decks. Knowing i won't get countered against a blue deck is always a relieving sensation. And since most decks in Legacy have 3 as the top of their curve, it feels like Decay is still better in Legacy than Trophy. And bonus points for it as it destroys Narset, Hullbreacher and Leovold in case i don't find the Bindings.

*Trophy - Still, i need AT LEAST one copy of this. Even because, the kinds of decks it goes up against (big manas, with huge spells and threats) rarely use any basic lands at all (or, for that matter, also don't have any counterspells).

*Crop Rotation - This will mostly go up against Dark Depths decks, Show and Tells and Reanimators, or overall matchups where i need to be able to at any given moment tutor an untapped Karakas to save my skin. Of course, if i get an opponent with a deck capable of destroying my enchantments, i want to be able to tutor for Hall of Heliod's Generosity, for example, but that's just a lesser utility for it.

Well, i think all the rest of the cards on the deck are pretty straight-forward and comprehensible. Any comments, doubts or most of all, suggestions? Well, i'm going to build the deck as is (EDIT: it's already done), then modify it to make it better and better, but in any case, feel free to make any suggestions you should have ^_^
    Last edited by pedropohren; 10-16-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Hello everyone :D I'm an enchantress player, new to this forum (contributed to the now dead mtgsalvation thread). I was going through the Zendikar Rising spoilers and saw two potentially interesting cards:

Confounding Conundrum might fit in the bant version of the deck. Replaces itself and slows down fetchlands.

Roiling Vortex Not sure about this one. Found the effect interesting, but not sure it would be efficient enough.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlob View Post
    Hello everyone :D I'm an enchantress player, new to this forum (contributed to the now dead mtgsalvation thread). I was going through the Zendikar Rising spoilers and saw two potentially interesting cards:

Confounding Conundrum might fit in the bant version of the deck. Replaces itself and slows down fetchlands.

Roiling Vortex Not sure about this one. Found the effect interesting, but not sure it would be efficient enough.

What do you guys think?
    Vortex does nothing to help the deck's plan. Maybe the free spell prevention part, but Spinner protects our strategy better and uses better the slot we allocate for her. Not worth the R splash. Gonna see a lot of play on Burn though.

Conundrum can REALLY work with a Bant variant of the deck, since it will always keep our opponent back in tempo, especially if they're playing any UGxx variant with Uro. But, initially, i'd keep it on the SB as a side against Lands/Depths strategies.

Do you have a decklist of yours to share? :3

Quote Originally Posted by pedropohren View Post
    Do you have a decklist of yours to share? :3
    It's been soooo long since I updated my online decklist. I recently acquired an Emrakul and some Explorations. I still need to figure out what my list will be. Will share as soon as I have something!

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

5 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Sterling Grove
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Solitary Confinement

3 Wild Growth
    2 Abundant Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress' Presence

1 Rest in Peace
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Cast Out
    1 Words of War
    1 Nether Void
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

--SIDEBOARD--

1 Nether Void
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Stony Silence
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Humility
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Drop of Honey

I'll be trying this shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    5 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Savannah
    1 Bayou
    1 Taiga

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Sterling Grove
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Solitary Confinement

3 Wild Growth
    2 Abundant Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress' Presence

1 Rest in Peace
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Cast Out
    1 Words of War
    1 Nether Void
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

--SIDEBOARD--

1 Nether Void
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Stony Silence
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Humility
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Drop of Honey

I'll be trying this shortly.
    Feels personally like the deck is lacking something (i'm against using Spinner as the primary wincon of the deck and i don't think Words of War is as good a wincon if you don't intend on decking yourself (i would heavily suggest you use Wheel of Sun and Moon instead of Nether Void on the main if you intend to use WoW even as a secondary wincon)) but looking forward to see what kind of results you make with this list ^_^

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

The other option is to just move Helm to the main, but I never liked doing that. I usually sided into the combo and then crushed people out of nowhere. It was fun.

Spinner is a really great win-con, I wouldn't underestimate her. Nether Void could also just be Arasta, or the Abyss, etc. Words of War is something I wanted to try when you're sitting in turtle mode. I was playing Opalescence before, but it wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    The other option is to just move Helm to the main, but I never liked doing that. I usually sided into the combo and then crushed people out of nowhere. It was fun.

Spinner is a really great win-con, I wouldn't underestimate her. Nether Void could also just be Arasta, or the Abyss, etc. Words of War is something I wanted to try when you're sitting in turtle mode. I was playing Opalescence before, but it wasn't good enough.
    Spinner is a great wincon, i agree, just not safe enough to be the primary one. Words of War may work but i'm still more of a "play 15 enchantments play Serra Sanctum play Emrakul take the game" kind of player. It depends only on the very synergy of the deck and a single card that can't be countered and is a safe enough wincon for a deck that despite all the work that has been done to change that (through sacrificing a lot of its resilience and safety, which i'm totally against), still wins on turn 4, 3 when you're lucky. That feels safer than a creature that can be targeted and disrupted by the biggest threat on the meta ATM.

May be talking a lot of nonsense, but still.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by pedropohren View Post
    Spinner is a great wincon, i agree, just not safe enough to be the primary one. Words of War may work but i'm still more of a "play 15 enchantments play Serra Sanctum play Emrakul take the game" kind of player. It depends only on the very synergy of the deck and a single card that can't be countered and is a safe enough wincon for a deck that despite all the work that has been done to change that (through sacrificing a lot of its resilience and safety, which i'm totally against), still wins on turn 4, 3 when you're lucky. That feels safer than a creature that can be targeted and disrupted by the biggest threat on the meta ATM.

May be talking a lot of nonsense, but still.
    No, it's definitely warranted to think about. I've just found that with my experience, I've liked having the 4 Spinners, but agree that another win-con would be fine.

However, there aren't a lot of "I win" cards for this deck. Banefire probably falls a bit under the Emrakul banner, but it's probably more ideal, since you'll probably get in one Elemental attack before casting it, so you won't have to reach so far.

Helm is pretty darn great out of the board, though. I've closed a lot of Game 2's after the long grind of Game 1.

-Matt

Anyone ever tried Doomwake Giant with Living Plane? I just got into OS and fell in love with Living Plane. Seems pretty fun and can be found with Sterling Grove. I was also contemplating a red splash with Blazing Volley for more combos with living plane. Bunch of the usual stuff like wild growth, elephant grass, argothian enchantress of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bomberman32 View Post
    Anyone ever tried Doomwake Giant with Living Plane? I just got into OS and fell in love with Living Plane. Seems pretty fun and can be found with Sterling Grove. I was also contemplating a red splash with Blazing Volley for more combos with living plane. Bunch of the usual stuff like wild growth, elephant grass, argothian enchantress of course.
    That seems very risky vs Dead of winter (they get to one sided Armageddon you), as well as 3feri/oko/plow your basic with a bunch of sprawls on it.

As a 2 card combo to beat uninteractive decks or combo it seems fine, comparable to rip helm. Dovescape seems quite a bit better by itself, is castable off of Serra sanctum, and is still devastating with doomwake or destiny spinner. Another option is Thoughtrender Lamia.

Also it seems like Hullbreacher Plus days undoing is flavour of the month right now, which makes enchantress unplayable.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Also it seems like Hullbreacher Plus days undoing is flavour of the month right now, which makes enchantress unplayable.
    Yeah uh, this is going to get much worse before it gets better. Expect a sharp uptick in Emry Cannon on the back of an Oko ban. It's a bad situation though b/c even though Echo is totally getting banned next (exploits mulligan rules where mull to 2 is mull to 7), you're still in this bad place where HullyB and Day's Undoing aren't quite bannable, and Ancient Tomb probably dodges the axe. Gotta have maindeck answers to Narset and HullyB.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    That seems very risky vs Dead of winter (they get to one sided Armageddon you), as well as 3feri/oko/plow your basic with a bunch of sprawls on it.

As a 2 card combo to beat uninteractive decks or combo it seems fine, comparable to rip helm. Dovescape seems quite a bit better by itself, is castable off of Serra sanctum, and is still devastating with doomwake or destiny spinner. Another option is Thoughtrender Lamia.

Seems an interesting idea, gonna try and look something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Yeah uh, this is going to get much worse before it gets better. Expect a sharp uptick in Emry Cannon on the back of an Oko ban. It's a bad situation though b/c even though Echo is totally getting banned next (exploits mulligan rules where mull to 2 is mull to 7), you're still in this bad place where HullyB and Day's Undoing aren't quite bannable, and Ancient Tomb probably dodges the axe. Gotta have maindeck answers to Narset and HullyB.
    Guess i'm gonna have to mainboard the Bindings... :/

Feels like i've lost the timespan to play Enchantress. Right after Theros Beyond Death came out was the perfect moment to play this deck. Even though the format was still trying to adapt to the turmoil that Oko did and still received another one in the form of Uro, Enchantress had just received Spinner and Dryad, and the Oko Winter in the format pushed Narset and Leovold out of it. So all the best hates for the deck were currently unplayable, the deck had received some great assets to make it stronger and more reliable, and the one card that warped the format around itself was close to useless against the strategy. It was the perfect time to play Enchantress. It could have maybe even pulled some results out of that. :/
    Last edited by pedropohren; 02-10-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Thread Information