Page 279 of 282 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282 LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

I saw Phil streaming Enchantress the other day, Destiny Spinner looks pretty good.

You can catch the VODs on his YouTube channel here and also here.

It protects you from Chalice, helps you resolve spells, and is a win condition as well. Seems pretty decent for a 2 mana card. Not to mention it is a 2/3 body, so it can block small things, if needed.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I saw Phil streaming Enchantress the other day, Destiny Spinner looks pretty good.

You can catch the VODs on his YouTube channel here and also here.

It protects you from Chalice, helps you resolve spells, and is a win condition as well. Seems pretty decent for a 2 mana card. Not to mention it is a 2/3 body, so it can block small things, if needed.

Played Destiny Spinner in a 1k this weekend - it's the real deal. Closed all my games with Spinner. Spinner + Sterling Grove is an amazing soft lock. I have a tournament report, I'll post it when I can tomorrow.

-Matt

Jul 2005
    Belgium

Dryad of the Ilysian Grove looks really useful as well.

Has a built-in Exploration and turns every land you have into a Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain and Forest.
    Allows you to splash any off color card .
    Turns opposing Wasteland into a dead card.
    Beats Blood Moon.
    Allows you to tap fetchlands for any color of mana and crack them at the ideal moment.
    You can draw off it being played.
    Has a nice defensive body.
    Cannot be taken out by a Bolt 1vs1.

Looks like a two- off, if not a three-off to me.
    Last edited by Borg; 02-17-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Played Destiny Spinner in a 1k this weekend - it's the real deal. Closed all my games with Spinner. Spinner + Sterling Grove is an amazing soft lock. I have a tournament report, I'll post it when I can tomorrow.

-Matt
    Nice, I just got mine in the mail. I also have a Calix coming, not that I think it's real good, but it was cheap and I figure maybe I'll try one out.

Very interested in seeing your list and hearing about your results when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    Dryad of the Ilysian Grove looks really useful as well.

Has a built-in Exploration and turns every land you have into a Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain and Forest.
    Allows you to splash any off color card .
    Turns opposing Wasteland into a dead card.
    Beats Blood Moon.
    Allows you to tap fetchlands for any color of mana and crack them at the ideal moment.
    You can draw off it being played.
    Has a nice defensive body.
    Cannot be taken out by a Bolt 1vs1.

Looks like a two- off, if not a three-off to me.
    Dryad is definitely interesting, especially if you are on a 3 color build like most are now. Unfortunately they actually cost real dollars, but I'll probably keep an eye on them and try out at least one. While I don't think it actually turns Wasteland into a dead card, it does make it's impact far more manageable.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I'll post the list now, and I'll edit to include the report.

6 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Savannah
    1 Bayou

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Sterling Grove
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Solitary Confinement

3 Wild Growth
    2 Abundant Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress' Presence

1 Rest in Peace
    1 Replenish
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Cast Out
    1 Humility
    1 Opalescence
    2 Enlightened Tutor

--SIDEBOARD--

1 Nether Void
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Stony Silence
    3 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Helm of Obedience
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Deafening Silence

Played against Snowko control twice (and won both), lost a close 3 to Eldrazi (sometimes, dem ridic Mimic hands get you), lost to Underworld Breach Combo (Had the nuts, he had Force then Combo'd, match on camera, link to be posted), and lost to ANT. Could have mulliganed more aggressively against combo, also the first tournament I've played with the new London mulligan. Crazy!

What I would change for the next tournament:

Humility was pretty good, and I was packing it for all the Eldrazi I expected in the room. But, I just don't think it's quite good enough.
    Opalescence never came up, and I never tutored for it. More cute than anything. I never found I had enough high enough CMC enchantments to make the beatdown worthwhile. Destiny spinner beatdown was always better.

I felt like I was weak to onboard beatdown, so having something like Moat would have been very nice. Arasta, the Endless Web feels like it would also be an interesting wall, especially when it's already protected by Spinner and Sterling Grove. I would also move Helm of Obedience to the maindeck.

-Matt

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I don't have time to write a report, but this is what I'll be trying in the next while:

6 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Savannah
    1 Bayou

4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Sterling Grove
    4 Elephant Grass
    2 Solitary Confinement

3 Wild Growth
    2 Abundant Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress' Presence

1 Rest in Peace
    1 Sylvan Library
    2 Cast Out
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Words of War
    1 Arasta of the Endless Web OR 1 The Abyss
    2 Enlightened Tutor

--SIDEBOARD--

1 Nether Void
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Stony Silence
    3 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Karmic Justice
    1 Humility
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Deafening Silence

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

AS much as I love 4 mana Legends Enchantments, I am not sure about Abyss and Destiny Spinner in the same list.

Also, it is interesting to not see GSZ in your list at all, but I think you are sort of trading that for the "toolbox" off of E Tutor.

I haven't settled on what I want my Enchantress list to look like, personally, I haven't been in a while so I am not sure what the meta has been looking like exactly. I actually really like the general look of your sideboard though. I'm not sure about the 1 main RiP with 1 main Helm, but with the two Tutors I could see it working.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

If anything the absurd power of Destiny Spinner means GSZ is a must play, seeing as it can now act as an engine piece, blocker, counterspell hate, big mana wincon and a 4-5 power beater all for 3 mana. Also oens up Setessan Champion as an alternate enchantress that survives Plague Engineer and can surprise opponents who go all in on Force+Extraction to win game 2. Idk if it's better than Eidolon of Blossoms, so far I've played her once and the best part was attacking with her and a 5/5 land.

I tried Arasta of the Enless Web as a 1-of for a minute. She's cute, but I don't think she did enough fast enough in the matches where she mattered. Ideally she wards off Delvers, stalls Marit Lage each time they Loam, and gives you a GSZ target against Plague Engineer and Leovold. But I think I'd rather just run mainboard Abrupt Decay for two of those three problems, Delver tries to kill you before you get enough mana and the purpose of a draw jammer is to slow us down until they stick a second threat so the body doesn't end up that relevant. (EDIT: but again, I didn't have her in the deck for long so take this with a grain of salt).

Big fan of mainboard RIP. I have a fairly low enchantment count so I don't think I can justify more than 1 ETutor but even without going for the Helm kill having the option to cut off the graveyard feels nice.

4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Setessan Champion

4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Abundant Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    3 Wild Growth
    4 Elephant Grass
    3 Enchantress's Presence
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Cast Out

2 Veil of Summer
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    2 Abrupt Decay

3 Green Sun's Zenith

2 Sanctum
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Savanna
    1 Bayou
    1 Pains
    1 Swamp
    8 Forest

Current sideboard setup is
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Veil of Summer
    1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Aura of Silence
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Knight of Autumn
    1 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Sigil of the Empty Throne (? Wanted a card that says "screw you Leo/Oko")
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 (don't remember what the last card is. Maybe Silence for the spice factor)

Jul 2005
    Belgium

Looking to take the enchantress deck into a more Enchantment Creature direction.
    This gives you blockers, makes you less vulnerable to early beatdown and provides you with multiple damage sources yourself.

Destiny Spinner is a powerhouse, especially when backed up by Sterling Grove.
    Replaced Enchantress's Precence entirely with Setessan Champion.
    Huatli, the Sun's Heart is the experimental card. She turns nearly all your creatures into beatsticks and can maybe provide the necessary lifegain to come out on top.

Agent of Erebos and Exploration may be replaced by something more impactful.

Having 18 creatures may open up the use of Gaea's Cradle and let you play 1 Cradle + 1 Sanctum.

SB still under construction.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

//Lands 20
    1 Bayou
    8 Forest
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Plains
    1 Prismatic Vista
    1 Savannah
    1 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Swamp
    4 Windswept Heath

//Enchantments 18 / 28 w creature enchantments
    1 Exploration
    1 Mirri's Guile
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth
    4 Sterling Grove
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Cast Out

//Sorceries 2
    2 Green Sun's Zenith

//Planeswalkers 2
    2 Huatli, the Sun's Heart

//Creatures 18
    4 Argothian Enchantress
    4 Destiny Spinner
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    2 Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
    4 Setessan Champion
    1 Agent of Erebos
    2 Doomwake Giant

If you replace almost all enchantments with creatures, you become very weak against Terminus and sweepers. Also, by cutting all the grasses you have no way to stop a Marit Lage. And your curve goes way up. Not saying your list is garbage, but have you played it already? It seems weaker then a standard list, but that can be an impression. Keep us updated on your results!

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Looking to take the enchantress deck into a more Enchantment Creature direction.
    This gives you blockers, makes you less vulnerable to early beatdown and provides you with multiple damage sources yourself.
    Why then not to stick to old-good Auratog and Rancor? You have your creature and your enchantments. And you are also GW.
    ---
    Carpe Diem

Jul 2005
    Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Chronatog View Post
    Why then not to stick to old-good Auratog and Rancor? You have your creature and your enchantments. And you are also GW.
    Yes, but Auratog is not an enchantment, so you don't draw off it and it's not protected by Sterling Grove.
    It doesn't fuel Serra's Sanctum and you can't get it back with Hall of Heliod's Generosity.

Enchantment Creatures benefit from all this and fuel both the Sanctum and Cradle.

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Yes, but Auratog is not an enchantment, so you don't draw off it and it's not protected by Sterling Grove.
    And Setessan Champion is an enchantment? This is a rhetorical question.
    ---
    Carpe Diem

keepin' it unreal
    May 2007
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Replacing all Presences with Champions seems very risky and I think will lead to many dead games.
    A lot of times this deck relies on a single enchantress effect to stabilize and then go off.
    It is already hard to protect a shrouded creature and an enchantment, so I wouldn't count on a targetable, boltable, pushable plowable, bounceable creature to do this.
    Pioneer enchantress relies on creatures for drawing cards (Eidolon and Champion), and already a couple of games are lost to removal on the enchantress effects.

So, ON THEORY, I wouldn't make the switch. But I guess testing results will give the final word.
    "Want all, lose all."

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Chronatog View Post
    And Setessan Champion is an enchantment? This is a rhetorical question.
    I think if Setassan Champion were also an enchantment creature, then we'd be cookin' with gas, here.

Worth a try - I briefly tried them as an additional draw, but I found I wasn't really doing as much with them. Then I was told about Spinner, and Champions got cut.

-Matt

Anyone trying Underworld Breach in Enchantress?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jiazhouhuaqiao View Post
    Anyone trying Underworld Breach in Enchantress?
    Actually no, because it was banned.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Actually no, because it was banned.
    Well, as a minor defense, that was posted 2 days before it was,

Other considerations now, will be how to prepare for the new "expected meta." I don't know if RiP's stock is lower now, or about the same. The question of the new Dryad's usefulness is also still open. Also, the question is Uro's power leads to more BUG and so more Leovold, which would definitely be bad for Enchantress.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Well, as a minor defense, that was posted 2 days before it was,

Other considerations now, will be how to prepare for the new "expected meta." I don't know if RiP's stock is lower now, or about the same. The question of the new Dryad's usefulness is also still open. Also, the question is Uro's power leads to more BUG and so more Leovold, which would definitely be bad for Enchantress.
    Completely untested, but my gut says that if Loevold is a real card we want at least 2 pieces of effecient creature removal (i.e. cheaper than Oblivion Ring) mainboard. Either Abrupt Decay for uncountable and hitting Chalice and planeswalkers (admittedly less critical with Destiny Spinner) or On Thin Ice for +enchantment count and Show and Tell (bad against GSZ for natrualize and opposing removal).

If we do live in an Oko world than Sigil of the Empty Throne might be better than Doomwake Giant for the first time in years.

Thread Information