Page 277 of 282 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 5639

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

I may have to retire my beautiful Mirage lands

On Thin Ice
    W
    Snow Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant snow land you control.

When On Thin Ice enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until On Thin Ice leaves the battlefield.
    He cursed the wind. He cursed the cold. But by stepping on the ice, he cursed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklingske View Post
    Like you said it. But the nice thing is when you have a second Invocation. Then you can keep the Invocation Confinement around forever without ever having to discard a card. I mean that you just continue to alter between the 2 Invocations as Confinement. Just copy an Abundant growth with the other Invocation and tadaa, instant happiness and carddraw.
    I gotcha, thanks. It sounds like if you're gonna play with Invocation in Enchantress, going all in to maximize those tricks is the way to go, with 3 or 4.

I wish I had seen this card around 8 years ago when I was still playing, but better late than never.

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Freggle View Post
    I may have to retire my beautiful Mirage lands

On Thin Ice
    W
    Snow Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant snow land you control.

When On Thin Ice enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until On Thin Ice leaves the battlefield.
    He cursed the wind. He cursed the cold. But by stepping on the ice, he cursed himself.
    I want to believe. I've always felt the deck needed a second card like Elephant Grass that can be deployed fairly early to buy time. Suppression Field does an alright job in that role but maybe this would be easier more user friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonex View Post

I wish I had seen this card around 8 years ago when I was still playing, but better late than never.
    Is it even worth playing this in the main? It doesn't get you anything until turn 4, but it seems sweet once you're established or if you really need to land that Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    but it seems sweet once you're established or if you really need to land that Presence.
    Maybe it works as a Living Wish target from the side?

Sent from my Android Palantír using Tapatalk

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

I think the card is strong; in the Narset meta, being able to recur a Cast Out or Oblivion Ring is pretty big, and it plays well with Solitary Confinement, Elephant Grass, Sterling Grove, or Seal of Primordium. It also could be useful for situations where you're in top-deck mode with an Enchantress out and can win as long as you don't draw a land for the turn.

The main reason I'd be hesitant about it is that currently Ground Seal looks very good. Dreadhorde Arcanist is everywhere, and Modern Horizons looks like it will really push Life from the Loam strategies. In addition, to protect their PWers, more Miracles players have gone back to Snapcaster over Mission Briefing. With the Witch House I'm going to start with one Heliod's Hall as a Wish target and see how much it clashes with Ground Seal, but if I have to choose I'll probably stick with Ground Seal.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Congrats @Spatula for the result in the legacy challenge (top 16). What do you think of the new cards? Is Hall of Heliod's Generosity really a thing?

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Thanks. Yeah I've found Hall to be pretty solid. The clash with Ground Seal has come up a few times, but even though we only played against Lands once and didn't draw them, I do think Ground Seal is a good meta call. The ability to fix your topdecks is pretty nice, more than anything else. I've also had some League games where it's allowed me to recover from early discard.

Yeah, it seems like a very good addition to the deck. I'm kinda new to solitaire so I have some (maybe dumb) questions about card choices, I hope that someone will answer me.

First of all, I don't own any trop yet and, though I'm planning to buy one, I think I'll play just abzan for now. I have a taiga so I can splash red if needed (cindervines?), but I don't think I'll need.

Speaking of the manabase, which is the best number of fetchlands? I saw a lot of lists with 4-5, but in the latest list from Spatula I saw that he played 6: was there a reason? Aren't they too many? I used to play with 1 serra's sanctum in the wishboard (with 2 in the maindeck) but I see that you cut it. I think that is useful sometimes when you have double wish, to just kill with sanctum+emrakul instead of digging to find a sanctum.

I see a lot of lists with mirri's guile: why that instead of library? Just for the non-synergy of library and confinement? I think that potentially drawing more cards, and being a 2-drop instead of 1-drop (for chalice) are good pros. Aren't they enough to justify playing library?

Banishing Light, Cast Out, Oblivion Ring, Ixalan's Binding: which are the best? I'm considering playing a split of 1-1-1-1, but maybe that's too cute. Binding is good against Narset because they can't decay it and they also can't play other Narsets.

Since I don't play blue for now (for budget reasons), I have two other maindeck slots. What can I play there? I was thinking of Replenish and Sterling Grove, but maybe they are too outdated. I was also thinking of playing the third zenith + eidolon of blossoms, but I really dislike eidolon because it always dies immediately.

For the sideboard, there are some obvious inclusions: 2x choke, hall of heliod, karakas, argothian, doomwake, emrakul, knight of autumn, gaddock, faerie macabre, plague engineer, either qasali pridemage or wickerbough elder (which is better?). This leaves us with 3 other slots, and one of those I would fill with third sanctum. Does any of you have some suggestions for other cards? Is hex parasite good enough?

Sorry for my really bad english

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by alvoi View Post
    Yeah, it seems like a very good addition to the deck. I'm kinda new to solitaire so I have some (maybe dumb) questions about card choices, I hope that someone will answer me.

First of all, I don't own any trop yet and, though I'm planning to buy one, I think I'll play just abzan for now. I have a taiga so I can splash red if needed (cindervines?), but I don't think I'll need.
    I played an Abzan list a few times recently, and it's fine. The main loss is that you're more vulnerable to attacks on your Argothians, as you're more reliant on GSZ. ie, Surgical, Humility, now Plague Engineer.

Speaking of the manabase, which is the best number of fetchlands? I saw a lot of lists with 4-5, but in the latest list from Spatula I saw that he played 6: was there a reason? Aren't they too many? I used to play with 1 serra's sanctum in the wishboard (with 2 in the maindeck) but I see that you cut it. I think that is useful sometimes when you have double wish, to just kill with sanctum+emrakul instead of digging to find a sanctum.
    With only 3 colors 5 should be fine. I found I didn't want to use the Wish on a Sanctum often enough; there are lots of cards that can situationally be great Wish targets, and you have to be able to really justify each slot. Sanctum #3 rarely makes the cut for me.

I see a lot of lists with mirri's guile: why that instead of library? Just for the non-synergy of library and confinement? I think that potentially drawing more cards, and being a 2-drop instead of 1-drop (for chalice) are good pros. Aren't they enough to justify playing library?
    1 mana also means it's a 9th card that's good to see on turn 1. In addition, it works under a Narset. All things considered I prefer Guile.

Banishing Light, Cast Out, Oblivion Ring, Ixalan's Binding: which are the best? I'm considering playing a split of 1-1-1-1, but maybe that's too cute. Binding is good against Narset because they can't decay it and they also can't play other Narsets.
    The flash on Cast Out means that even if it's countered, it can draw you a card under a Narset, which is the main reason to run more than 2 O Rings. The other thing is that the cycling minimizes the damage in matchups where it's not good. I run 2 O Ring over Banishing Light because it's sometimes useful to be able to hit your own permanents, and because O Ring is slightly harder for Sneak and Show to deal with, as some don't have actual Stifle effects in the SB, just bounce, and bounce doesn't work against O Ring.

Since I don't play blue for now (for budget reasons), I have two other maindeck slots. What can I play there? I was thinking of Replenish and Sterling Grove, but maybe they are too outdated. I was also thinking of playing the third zenith + eidolon of blossoms, but I really dislike eidolon because it always dies immediately.
    That should be your starting point, 3 GSZ and an Eidolon, if you're not on blue. The flexibility of being able to turn GSZ into a card is worth it, and even if they use removal on it you're at least getting a 2-for-1.

For the sideboard, there are some obvious inclusions: 2x choke, hall of heliod, karakas, argothian, doomwake, emrakul, knight of autumn, gaddock, faerie macabre, plague engineer, either qasali pridemage or wickerbough elder (which is better?). This leaves us with 3 other slots, and one of those I would fill with third sanctum. Does any of you have some suggestions for other cards? Is hex parasite good enough?
    It's okay, it's not as effective as say, Karakas vs Leovold. I have a post in New and Developmental called Witch House, I go over many SB options there. http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...n-Enchantress)

Sorry for my really bad english
    Not at all, feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by alvoi View Post

Just want to add to this. Fetchlands are useful for many reasons. I'm much more conservative in my color splashes than most of the folks in this thread -- I tend to stick to almost mono-green -- but I've certainly tested with multiple splashes. The more splashes you run, the more fetchlands you typically want/need. They're great with Mirri's Guile and playing around early Rishadan Ports, but they're mostly just ensuring that you can meet your color requirements. In GW, I typically run 5-6, with 1 Plains, 1 Savannah, and 2 Serra's Sanctum. When I ran a wishboard in the Leovold era, I ran a Serra's Sanctum and was pretty happy with it. I actually felt that was one of the big strengths of my Wish list, although Karakas was my most common go-to.

About Sylvan Library, you say "potentially drawing more cards," but Enchantress is a slower deck and uses its life total as a resource. You could get away with paying life to Sylvan Library vs. Miracles or Stoneblade, assuming no Narset (big assumption), but against Delver, there just isn't time. Back in 2010, I ran Sylvan Library alongside Words of War, which was a nice combo, but the format is a lot faster now.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Did Estrid the Planeswalker make any impact on this deck?

Wow, thanks you all! Your insight were really useful, I've also read the other topic and I understood a lot of things that weren't clear. I think I'll begin testing with this list:

1 Bayou
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    1 Savannah
    2 Serra's Sanctum
    10 Snow-Covered Forest
    3 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills

4 Abundant Growth
    3 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Cast Out
    1 Doomwake Giant
    1 Eidolon of Blossoms
    4 Elephant Grass
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Ground Seal
    4 Living Wish
    1 Mirri's Guile
    2 Oblivion Ring
    1 Solitary Confinement
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Wild Growth

Sideboard
    1 Argothian Enchantress
    2 Choke
    1 Doomwake Giant
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
    1 Karakas
    1 Knight of Autumn
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Serra's Sanctum
    1 Solitary Confinement
    1 Wickerbough Elder

If something in the list doesn't convince you let me know. I think I'll play at a 50-100 people tournament next month and I was planning to play this deck. Obviously I'll test, but this will be my starting point :)

Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Thanks. Yeah I've found Hall to be pretty solid. The clash with Ground Seal has come up a few times, but even though we only played against Lands once and didn't draw them, I do think Ground Seal is a good meta call. The ability to fix your topdecks is pretty nice, more than anything else. I've also had some League games where it's allowed me to recover from early discard.
    Ah, so the master lurks around here.

Time to ask, which one of the builds below is more suitable as of today (for MTGO of course):

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/SpatulaOfTheAges

I am liking Living Wish packages more and more. I am curious on the 1 Wasteland in the sideboard. Is it more for blow out play potential or is there a key play I am missing for a tough matchup? I am doing a dig for quality living wish targets and will post the list here in the next couple days.
    Last edited by Jankalicious; 06-15-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Curmudgeon
    Apr 2004
    Brussels

-Estrid, unfortunately, doesn't actually provide any value and is too expensive for what theoretical acceleration she offers.

@alvoi - List looks fine; I was running Wickerbough in the Leovold meta because it was something you could GSZ for that could attack through Leo and a single Strix, and it had double duty as the second Naturalize-creature. I'm not sure if it's great in the current meta, versus the Exalted from Pridemage which I've actually found to be very useful in sniping the occasional Narset with an Argothian out. For the extra two mana I don't know if it's worth it right now, but if you find otherwise please share your results.

@jmlima - The most recent list has been pretty good this week, I've had a couple 5-0s and several 4-1s with it the past week and a half. Alternately, cutting blue and running double Abrupt Decay is also reasonable if you're specifically worried about Narset. I'd cut the Confinement and a Cast Out in that case. Several SB slots are also kind of up in the air, including Collector Ouphe, Courser of Kruphix, Faerie Macabre, and Wasteland.

@Jankalicious - So the main two matchups where you want Wasteland are Dark Depths variants and 12-15 Post. It also can randomly steal games if they miss their second land drop, regardless of what they're on.

Sep 2006
    Nancy, FRANCE

Hi all
    I wonder what are the differences between mtgo and irl metagame so that this deck only performs on mtgo?
    Would your irl built different?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomjulioo View Post
    Hi all
    I wonder what are the differences between mtgo and irl metagame so that this deck only performs on mtgo?
    Would your irl built different?
    Thanks
    I'm curious about that one as well, even if I'm only looking at playing it on MTGO.

Having said that, below are listed some +40 people irl tourneys where the deck performed:

https://tcdecks.net/archetype.php?ar...&format=Legacy

Sep 2014

The primer looks out dated. What is a good page to start on?

@Spatula yeah I was unsure, but I think I wanted a destroy artifact/enchantment that could be played just with green mana, and between recsage/qasali and koa/wickerbough is obviously better koa than any else. But maybe the white mana is not a problem, and I just can play koa and qasali. I'm not expert with the deck so if you say that koa/qasali is best I trust you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Dittmar View Post
    The primer looks out dated. What is a good page to start on?
    Best version is now the witch house and you can find there the primer :)

Thread Information