Page 275 of 278 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278 LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 5544

Thread: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

  1. #5481

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Quote Originally Posted by area View Post
    This popped for me too when I did my search for enchantments with ETBs, but couldn't decide whether I was crazy or not. If someone else thinks it might be a good idea, I might give it a spin.

    On the exiling-enchantment front, I'll also highlight Exclusion Ritual as something that caught my eye with Invocations.

    EDIT: I just twigged on Detention Sphere with Invocations. Very nice.
    Is Exclusion Ritual not just a worse Ixalan's Binding? Which is cheaper and asymmetric.

  2. #5482

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Nope, there is a big difference : IB reads "...until IB leaves the battlefield"
    With the other enchantment it is exiled forever.

    Florian
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

  3. #5483

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    Nope, there is a big difference : IB reads "...until IB leaves the battlefield"
    With the other enchantment it is exiled forever.

    Florian
    You are absolutely right. I just assumed yet another O-ring type enchantment without reading it completely.

  4. #5484
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    I think Reality Acid would probably do most of the same things, especially with Invocation, and is half the cost, and can hit lands.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

  5. #5485

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Hey all. It's been awhile since I have last played some enchantress, and I am leaning towards playing at Eternal Weekend. I always look forward to reading this forum whenever I am catching up. I plan to stay within Green/White for the sake of consistency. Posting the list ahead of time to get some minor adjustments if need be. I am gearing the deck towards grinding a little better after draw engine pieces getting countered/destroyed. Any and all feedback is great. Some choices may seem different.

    20 Land

    8 Forest
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Serra's Sanctum
    2 Wooded Foothills (I am leaning towards shaving one of these for a different land if needed)
    1 Plains
    1 Karakas
    1 Savannah

    5 Sorcery

    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Living Wish

    3 Instant

    3 Swords to Plowshares

    7 Creature

    4 Argothian Enchantress
    1 Knight of Autumn
    1 Sigarda, Heron's Grace
    1 Archon of Valor's Reach

    25 Enchantment

    4 Wild Growth
    4 Utopia Sprawl
    4 Enchantress's Presence
    3 Mirri's Guile
    2 Cast Out
    2 Sterling Grove
    2 Elephant Grass
    2 Solitary Confinement
    1 Gideon's Intervention
    1 Sphere of Safety

    15 Sideboard

    3 Rest In Peace
    2 Damping Sphere
    1 Choke
    1 Gideon of the Trials
    1 Nissa, Vital Force
    1 Vivien Reid
    1 Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Sun Titan
    1 Polukranos, World Eater

    I'm not as concerned about burn and storm as previously hence the move away from Leyline of Sanctity. Is there some matchup I am completely disregarding needing Leyline of Sanctity for?

  6. #5486
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Hello, welcome back. A couple things jump out at me:

    1)Your enchantment count is low. 29-30 should really be your floor for MD enchantments, you're down at 25. If you're at 4x GSZ, you should have 1x Eidolon of Blossoms. If you don't want to do that, I would cut GSZ to 3x. Beyond that, MD StP feels unnecessary, what match-up is this for?

    2)1x Living Wish - why? It seems strange to dedicate a third of your SB to a card that could simply get Thoughtseized and then lose all relevance. I can understand not wanting to run the full set, but as a 1x it doesn't seem to do much.

    3)3x Mirri's Guile is something some people do but given that they have pretty near zero value past the first one, it seems a bit much.

    4)Less than 3x Grass, conversely, always feels wrong. It's probably the card that contributes the most to the viability of the deck. 4x is usually right, 3x is minimum.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

  7. #5487

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    @Jankalicious

    Here are some of my random thoughts on my experiences on enchantress deck building as well as some feedback for you.

    29-30 enchantments to trigger your enchantresses is pretty much optimal. Sometimes you might see 27 or 28 in a RIP/Helm build just to make room for the e-tutor/helm if they are dead set of running a playset of gsz or living wish.

    Mirri's Guile- The effect doesn't stack but it allows you to sculpt your draws which can be extremely helpful hence why we run it. In general, The more copies of this card that are ran, the more fetchlands you will need for maximizing it's potential and shuffling away the extra guiles to avoid drawing additional copies/clogging the top of your library. Green sun zenith also helps with this though. The drawback of running upwards of 8,9 or even 10 fetches is that we are more vulnerable to bloodmoons and stifles. Lately i've been conservative on guile with 1-2 because of this as those decks are getting more play frequently. Also, I find that I always want one of these on the board if i'm ever in a pinch and need to play solitary confinement with only one enchantress on the board. I'll typically run as many guiles as I am solitary confinement with this in mind. Currently it's 2 and 2.

    Doomwake Giant- This card is awesome. It's easy to splash for. It triggers itself when it comes into play and triggers everytime your enchantments come into play. Synergy :). You can shift entire board states into your favor with this card. It usually takes 2 cards to deal with it(or a single plow) once it hits the board and is virtually unkillable once a sterling grove is out. Can flat out win you games. It's a way to deal with that pesky true name nemesis when you aren't able to get the confinement lock up and running. At least 1 main deck, usually 2. I prefer 1 in the main and 1 in the board when i'm playing living wish builds. This card also has fantastic synergy with Estrid's Invocation as you sweep all your opponents 2/2s everytime you proct invocation. And because it is an enchantment creature, it can't be countered by spell pierce which is cool too. It also can't be abrupt decayed which is nice.

    Elephant Grass- This card is extremely strong right now as there is A LOT of black threats in a lot of decks these days. This card usually allows us to buy enough time to seal a win. Spatula is spot on with usually always 4 copies, sometimes 3. Two copies generally does not provide enough consistency when we need it during matches. Cloning this with multiple estrid's invocation is also extremely strong since you can stack your triggers in a way to avoid paying the upkeep on the invocation copies.

    Replenish- Fantastic card. This is the only card that allows us to recover from a fully resolved pernicious deed, engineered explosives or reverent silence. Situationally, It also allows us to comeback through a chalice by casting cards into the graveyard and then casting replenish. can help turn game 1s into our favor against decks with a lot of disruption/removal/counterspells. I typically look to include at least 1 of these maindeck in my enchantress builds, sometimes 2.

    Living Wish-I've seen builds run anywhere from 1-4. My theory on the correct amount of wishes to run directly correlates with how you want to use them and what the metagame is like. You could also ideally let the metagame dictate if you want to run the full wish package at all. If the idea is to create less dead draws maindeck, It might be ok to run one wish main with an emrakul + eidolon of blossoms OR emrakul + doomwake giant in the sideboard. This plan can feel good as long as you have 2 other different win cons main deck with 2+ sterling groves + replenish since you only have 1 wish. Benefits of building like this are more slots maindeck to work with as most enchantress maindeck builds are extremely tight so you could do this to squeeze out an extra slot or two while still having extra access to a doomwake giant or enchantress or uncounterable wincon when you need it. I'm sure there are other combinations that you could go for but the 2 are just an example. Another perk of running a wish build is having access to tutor for an enchantment creature to proct your enchantress outside of sterling grove. Also, In general, living wish enchantress builds are less vulnerable to surgical extraction since you can hide certain cards in the board and even split enchantresses between the main/board. All the sudden having your argothian enchantress surgically extracted doesn't hurt as much since it doesn't make all your gsz borderline useless or completely useless since normally a 1 for 7 or 1 for 8 hurts like helllll. This is a nice boarding decision against decks you know that will be running surgical in the board.

    If you want the wish package for utility or the ability to deal with certain things on average within a turn of them being played, then you will want between 2-4 wishes and also dedicate more room in the sideboard for cards like karakas, reclamation sage, gaddock, sigarda etc. It will also depends on how many gsz you are going to run. You'll never be able to max out on both so you'll need to build wisely with lines of play and diversity in mind to ensure you have enough room for around 30 enchantments to support your draw engine. Should have a good idea of what your metagame is like if you are taking this approach.

    Leyline of Sanctity- It comes down turn zero for free. It's one of my favorite pillow fort cards. I like having it postboard against any deck with hand disruption and/or edict, burn, painter, steel stompy, eldrazi aggro, storm etc. It negates jace ultimate/fate seal and tones down LOTV. This card will either completely shut off or lessen the strength of between 3-9 cards in many decks in the field. It's underrated and i've even considered running it main deck. It's currently a 3 of in my sideboard(I'm on a living wish brew currently or i'd run 4).

    Things to consider

    Seal of primordium-You are going to need at least 1 of these maindeck and at least 1 of these in the board. Bloodmoon and/or chalices are rough on us. You need it for the speed and because it's your primary color. We can't afford to rely on drawing a plains or a utopia sprawl to cast a white enchantment removal spell if a bloodmoon is out. We also need to get chalices off the board asap to that we can freely do our thing(ramping up with growths/sprawls etc). It's our fastest enchantment/artifact removal option that triggers our enchantress in our primary color. In theory, You could also take the deck building approach of trying to be more efficient against every deck that doesn't run moon/chalice being ok with having extremely low chances g1 against moon and/or chalice decks. However, this means you would have to dedicate around 4 slots in the board to fight these decks. If you decide to take this approach, you have to choose between no living wishes at all or a single wish with only 2-3 wish targets in the board in order to maximize space. I suppose this would be entirely metagame dependent but those decks are getting more and more play these days so I feel like at least 1 maindeck and another 2-3 in the board, no less than 3 total.

    Leyline of the void-It comes down turn zero for free. It's one of our only real ways to fight reanimator. You cannot rely on RIP not getting taken by hand disruption and you cannot rely topdecking it game 2 turn 2 on the play when facing reanimator. This card also has application against lands/loam decks, storm, high tide, rector and stax. This also stops steel stompy from ravager/ballista/hangarback combo since the creature never makes it to the yard to trigger modular. I'm sure there are other decks it is good against that I missed but this card is also one of my favorite pillow fort cards. It's currently a 3 of in my sideboard(i'm on a living wish build currently or i'd run 4).

    Moat vs Sphere of Safety
    I've gone back and forth between both. Neither are mandatory. Lately I find myself running moat more often than sphere since it comes down a turn faster and I like having a more solid solution vs eldrazi aggro/true name/etc. I have also thought of using sphere of safety in a build with estrid's invocation because synergy lol. If you don't own a Moat, consider getting one sooner than later as it keeps going up in price. Again, Neither of these are mandatory but I like have another somewhat type of a catch card that can slow down or flat out stop multiple creatures at once that doesn't simultaneously require my engine to be online like solitary confinement.

    Estrid's Invocation-It's not hard at all to splash for this card. It has fantastic synergy with most of our deck. I haven't quite figured out if it's best to build entirely around this card or use it as a 2 of to supplement to a basic list. It probably comes down to how big of a tournament you are playing and what the metagame is like. This card is exciting though to say the least.

    Sacred Ground-Sideboard card but entirely dependent on the metagame where you are playing. If you know pox, stax, goblins(bloodmoon/chalice/trinisphere/magus/moggcatcher goblins, NOT vial/port goblins) and lands are going to be in the room and you are playing in a tournament with less than 50 people, You will want to run 2 copies in the board. I can't think of any other solution that decreases our chances of getting locked out in the way that sacred ground does. It will still come down to board state and against these decks when they drop their lock but if you get a sacred ground down early enough you are pretty much golden to play solitaire.

    Ground Seal -You will want this to prevent surgical extraction/snapcaster mage spell flashbacks from crushing you post board. It also has application against reanimator as they can no longer target their wincons in the yard. I think 2 of these in the board is solid. It also has synergy with Estrid's Invocation creating a self-sustaining card drawing engine.

    Lastly, take the Swords out of the deck. They don't belong. Our decks thrive from being able to stick an enchantress and casting enchantments. Running too many non-enchantment cards decreases our chances of drawing an enchantment when we really need it to go off. Enchantress has more than enough options to deal with creatures. Remember, 30 enchantments is optimal for our deck. Hope this helps!

    I'll be playing a legacy 1k this saturday. I'll probably post a deckshot + deck tech + tourney report here on sunday.
    Last edited by HouseOfCards; 10-15-2018 at 03:53 PM.

  8. #5488

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    Hello, welcome back. A couple things jump out at me:

    1)Your enchantment count is low. 29-30 should really be your floor for MD enchantments, you're down at 25. If you're at 4x GSZ, you should have 1x Eidolon of Blossoms. If you don't want to do that, I would cut GSZ to 3x. Beyond that, MD StP feels unnecessary, what match-up is this for?

    2)1x Living Wish - why? It seems strange to dedicate a third of your SB to a card that could simply get Thoughtseized and then lose all relevance. I can understand not wanting to run the full set, but as a 1x it doesn't seem to do much.

    3)3x Mirri's Guile is something some people do but given that they have pretty near zero value past the first one, it seems a bit much.

    4)Less than 3x Grass, conversely, always feels wrong. It's probably the card that contributes the most to the viability of the deck. 4x is usually right, 3x is minimum.
    Thank you for the feedback. It is very much appreciated, and I am definitely making adjustments based off of your input.

    1. As I have been trying to evolve the deck over the years in slightly different directions the count has been dropping, and it does not feel well. I moved StP into the deck during the days of the big Leovold entry into the legacy environment. I shaved an Elephant Grass to add a third StP as my focus was Leovold. A higher Elephant Grass count should have been the norm the whole time.

    2. I was running 1 Ulamog main over Emrakul as I was liking it's performance better, but I was running into issues at times where that big fatty was clogging up the hand and figured moving it to the sideboard and having access to Teeg, Dromoka, etc. game one could be strong without stranding that fatty in hand for too long. It is a concession to one sideboard slot though.

  9. #5489

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfCards View Post
    @Jankalicious

    Here are some of my random thoughts on my experiences on enchantress deck building as well as some feedback for you.

    29-30 enchantments to trigger your enchantresses is pretty much optimal. Sometimes you might see 27 or 28 in a RIP/Helm build just to make room for the e-tutor/helm if they are dead set of running a playset of gsz or living wish.

    Mirri's Guile- The effect doesn't stack but it allows you to sculpt your draws which can be extremely helpful hence why we run it. In general, The more copies of this card that are ran, the more fetchlands you will need for maximizing it's potential and shuffling away the extra guiles to avoid drawing additional copies/clogging the top of your library. Green sun zenith also helps with this though. The drawback of running upwards of 8,9 or even 10 fetches is that we are more vulnerable to bloodmoons and stifles. Lately i've been conservative on guile with 1-2 because of this as those decks are getting more play frequently. Also, I find that I always want one of these on the board if i'm ever in a pinch and need to play solitary confinement with only one enchantress on the board. I'll typically run as many guiles as I am solitary confinement with this in mind. Currently it's 2 and 2.

    Doomwake Giant- This card is awesome. It's easy to splash for. It triggers itself when it comes into play and triggers everytime your enchantments come into play. Synergy :). You can shift entire board states into your favor with this card. It usually takes 2 cards to deal with it(or a single plow) once it hits the board and is virtually unkillable once a sterling grove is out. Can flat out win you games. It's a way to deal with that pesky true name nemesis when you aren't able to get the confinement lock up and running. At least 1 main deck, usually 2. I prefer 1 in the main and 1 in the board when i'm playing living wish builds. This card also has fantastic synergy with Estrid's Invocation as you sweep all your opponents 2/2s everytime you proct invocation. And because it is an enchantment creature, it can't be countered by spell pierce which is cool too. It also can't be abrupt decayed which is nice.

    Elephant Grass- This card is extremely strong right now as there is A LOT of black threats in a lot of decks these days. This card usually allows us to buy enough time to seal a win. Spatula is spot on with usually always 4 copies, sometimes 3. Two copies generally does not provide enough consistency when we need it during matches. Cloning this with multiple estrid's invocation is also extremely strong since you can stack your triggers in a way to avoid paying the upkeep on the invocation copies.

    Replenish- Fantastic card. This is the only card that allows us to recover from a fully resolved pernicious deed, engineered explosives or reverent silence. Situationally, It also allows us to comeback through a chalice by casting cards into the graveyard and then casting replenish. can help turn game 1s into our favor against decks with a lot of disruption/removal/counterspells. I typically look to include at least 1 of these maindeck in my enchantress builds, sometimes 2.

    Living Wish-I've seen builds run anywhere from 1-4. My theory on the correct amount of wishes to run directly correlates with how you want to use them and what the metagame is like. You could also ideally let the metagame dictate if you want to run the full wish package at all. If the idea is to create less dead draws maindeck, It might be ok to run one wish main with an emrakul + eidolon of blossoms OR emrakul + doomwake giant in the sideboard. This plan can feel good as long as you have 2 other different win cons main deck with 2+ sterling groves + replenish since you only have 1 wish. Benefits of building like this are more slots maindeck to work with as most enchantress maindeck builds are extremely tight so you could do this to squeeze out an extra slot or two while still having extra access to a doomwake giant or enchantress or uncounterable wincon when you need it. I'm sure there are other combinations that you could go for but the 2 are just an example. Another perk of running a wish build is having access to tutor for an enchantment creature to proct your enchantress outside of sterling grove. Also, In general, living wish enchantress builds are less vulnerable to surgical extraction since you can hide certain cards in the board and even split enchantresses between the main/board. All the sudden having your argothian enchantress surgically extracted doesn't hurt as much since it doesn't make all your gsz borderline useless or completely useless since normally a 1 for 7 or 1 for 8 hurts like helllll. This is a nice boarding decision against decks you know that will be running surgical in the board.

    If you want the wish package for utility or the ability to deal with certain things on average within a turn of them being played, then you will want between 2-4 wishes and also dedicate more room in the sideboard for cards like karakas, reclamation sage, gaddock, sigarda etc. It will also depends on how many gsz you are going to run. You'll never be able to max out on both so you'll need to build wisely with lines of play and diversity in mind to ensure you have enough room for around 30 enchantments to support your draw engine. Should have a good idea of what your metagame is like if you are taking this approach.

    Leyline of Sanctity- It comes down turn zero for free. It's one of my favorite pillow fort cards. I like having it postboard against any deck with hand disruption and/or edict, burn, painter, steel stompy, eldrazi aggro, storm etc. It negates jace ultimate/fate seal and tones down LOTV. This card will either completely shut off or lessen the strength of between 3-9 cards in many decks in the field. It's underrated and i've even considered running it main deck. It's currently a 3 of in my sideboard(I'm on a living wish brew currently or i'd run 4).

    Things to consider

    Seal of primordium-You are going to need at least 1 of these maindeck and at least 1 of these in the board. Bloodmoon and/or chalices are rough on us. You need it for the speed and because it's your primary color. We can't afford to rely on drawing a plains or a utopia sprawl to cast a white enchantment removal spell if a bloodmoon is out. We also need to get chalices off the board asap to that we can freely do our thing(ramping up with growths/sprawls etc). It's our fastest enchantment/artifact removal option that triggers our enchantress in our primary color. In theory, You could also take the deck building approach of trying to be more efficient against every deck that doesn't run moon/chalice being ok with having extremely low chances g1 against moon and/or chalice decks. However, this means you would have to dedicate around 4 slots in the board to fight these decks. If you decide to take this approach, you have to choose between no living wishes at all or a single wish with only 2-3 wish targets in the board in order to maximize space. I suppose this would be entirely metagame dependent but those decks are getting more and more play these days so I feel like at least 1 maindeck and another 2-3 in the board, no less than 3 total.

    Leyline of the void-It comes down turn zero for free. It's one of our only real ways to fight reanimator. You cannot rely on RIP not getting taken by hand disruption and you cannot rely topdecking it game 2 turn 2 on the play when facing reanimator. This card also has application against lands/loam decks, storm, high tide, rector and stax. This also stops steel stompy from ravager/ballista/hangarback combo since the creature never makes it to the yard to trigger modular. I'm sure there are other decks it is good against that I missed but this card is also one of my favorite pillow fort cards. It's currently a 3 of in my sideboard(i'm on a living wish build currently or i'd run 4).

    Moat vs Sphere of Safety
    I've gone back and forth between both. Neither are mandatory. Lately I find myself running moat more often than sphere since it comes down a turn faster and I like having a more solid solution vs eldrazi aggro/true name/etc. I have also thought of using sphere of safety in a build with estrid's invocation because synergy lol. If you don't own a Moat, consider getting one sooner than later as it keeps going up in price. Again, Neither of these are mandatory but I like have another somewhat type of a catch card that can slow down or flat out stop multiple creatures at once that doesn't simultaneously require my engine to be online like solitary confinement.

    Estrid's Invocation-It's not hard at all to splash for this card. It has fantastic synergy with most of our deck. I haven't quite figured out if it's best to build entirely around this card or use it as a 2 of to supplement to a basic list. It probably comes down to how big of a tournament you are playing and what the metagame is like. This card is exciting though to say the least.

    Sacred Ground-Sideboard card but entirely dependent on the metagame where you are playing. If you know pox, stax, goblins(bloodmoon/chalice/trinisphere/magus/moggcatcher goblins, NOT vial/port goblins) and lands are going to be in the room and you are playing in a tournament with less than 50 people, You will want to run 2 copies in the board. I can't think of any other solution that decreases our chances of getting locked out in the way that sacred ground does. It will still come down to board state and against these decks when they drop their lock but if you get a sacred ground down early enough you are pretty much golden to play solitaire.

    Ground Seal -You will want this to prevent surgical extraction/snapcaster mage spell flashbacks from crushing you post board. It also has application against reanimator as they can no longer target their wincons in the yard. I think 2 of these in the board is solid. It also has synergy with Estrid's Invocation creating a self-sustaining card drawing engine.

    Lastly, take the Swords out of the deck. They don't belong. Our decks thrive from being able to stick an enchantress and casting enchantments. Running too many non-enchantment cards decreases our chances of drawing an enchantment when we really need it to go off. Enchantress has more than enough options to deal with creatures. Remember, 30 enchantments is optimal for our deck. Hope this helps!

    I'll be playing a legacy 1k this saturday. I'll probably post a deckshot + deck tech + tourney report here on sunday.
    HouseOfCards - Thank you. Your input was extremely helpful and thank you for taking the time to help guide me in a better direction. I'm gonna really tighten up the toolbox package and try to find room for some Leylines. I'd love to see the tournament report and deck shot if/whenever you get the time. Good luck in the tournament this weekend.

  10. #5490

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m. the night before the tournament ;/ and hit snooze for 4 hours straight when the alarm went off at 9. Womp womp. There is always next month.

  11. #5491
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    #relateable
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

  12. #5492

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    I just want to say, I really like the interaction of estrid's invocation with cards like parallax tide, parallax wave and parallax nexus. Such a fun card.

  13. #5493

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Super budget version of this deck just to play around with Grim Guardian (it's my favorite card), wondering if anyone had any ideas. Trying to keep all individual card costs below ~$5.

    Enchantresses
    4x Eidolon of Blossoms
    4x Enchantress's Presence

    Win-Cons
    4x Grim Guardian
    2x Doomwake Giant

    Mana Ramp/Fixing
    4x Abundant Growth
    4x Utopia Sprawl
    4x Wild Growth

    Control
    4x Elephant Grass
    2x Ground Seal
    1x Mark of Asylum
    2x Oblivion Ring
    1x Ivory Mask

    Utility
    4x Estrid's Invocation

    Still working on my land base, does 20 sound like the right number?

  14. #5494
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    https://www.cardmarket.com/en/Magic/...an-Enchantress

    Argothian aren't really that much since the reprinting, and you can't really play without them. If you can't find a whole set for a reasonable price, use gsz to fill in the spots. I would never run more than two Eidolon at most. Ivory Mask just seems bad. If you aren't able to afford fetches and dual lands right now I'd go ahead and cut white. Mainly it will hurt your SnS matchup, but you could run seal of Primordium or trial of ambition in those slots.

    20 lands is what I run but with two sanctum. Without sanctums 19 is probably correct.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

  15. #5495

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaOfTheAges View Post
    https://www.cardmarket.com/en/Magic/...an-Enchantress

    Argothian aren't really that much since the reprinting, and you can't really play without them. If you can't find a whole set for a reasonable price, use gsz to fill in the spots. I would never run more than two Eidolon at most. Ivory Mask just seems bad. If you aren't able to afford fetches and dual lands right now I'd go ahead and cut white. Mainly it will hurt your SnS matchup, but you could run seal of Primordium or trial of ambition in those slots.

    20 lands is what I run but with two sanctum. Without sanctums 19 is probably correct.
    Thanks for the reply!

    I've been debating springing for the Argothian's, can't make up my mind, just don't have enough opportunities to play to really feel good about that price. If I did I would cut down the Eidolon's for sure, do you think I should still run 1-2? (I like the pairing with Estrid's)

    On Ivory Mask I was just looking for a budget Solitary Confinement, but if you're suggesting going away from White do you think it's fine to just cut that protection role from the deck? Same for Mark of Asylum (budget Sterling Grove).

    How do you feel about Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx as a budget Sanctum? Seems decent especially if we cut the white for green.

  16. #5496
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Nykthos seems okay as a one of, maaaaybe two. But yeah I think rather than trying to simulate what more expensive cards do you should just focus on what the best cards in your budget are. With 3x GSZ for example you could still play a couple Argothians, an Eidolon and maybe a Courser of Kruphix, then over time add the remaining Argothian when you get the chance.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

  17. #5497

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    I haven't seen much recent talk on Kruphix's Insight vs GSZ, just inferior, or worth testing out?

  18. #5498
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    The fact that it doesn't put anything into play is important versus anything else with a clock. I think people were mainly playing it in conjunction with Replenish
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

  19. #5499
    What Would Ravenous Baloth Do?
    Holiday's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Connecticut
    Posts

    180

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Spatula,
    I haven't played in a long time but just got back into it recently. I'm testing out one of your lists with Living Wish. Just wanted to say that this is so smart and I wish I had thought of that myself. I like not drawing Emrakul and having move ways to find Argothian.

    Ever test out Solemnity and Phyrexian Unlife? With Living Wish you can run lands that combo with Solemnity in the SB like Depths and Glacial Chasm. Solemnity also works well with Elephant Grass.

    I've never run Abundant Growth and Estrid's Invocation. I feel like Invocation is something that would only make sense once you play it.

    Time to start testing I guess.
    Fools dig for water, corpses or gold
    The ice in my teeth keep the Cristal cold
    I be shoot'n lava around like an uzi
    Watch me turn this glacier into a jacuzzi
    I'm so hot people standing around me, just to stay warm
    Castin' so many spells looks like I'm playin' Storm
    I fuck all your creatures without any lotion
    Skeet in yo face, Erratic Explosion
    Every time you look I'm doing 2 to your dome!
    So scoop up your cards and take your broke ass home

    -G.L.M.

  20. #5500
    Curmudgeon
    SpatulaOfTheAges's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2004
    Location

    Brussels
    Posts

    3,021

    Re: [Deck] Solitaire (Enchantress)

    Welcome back. I'd definitely recommend defaulting to the discord. I hate to contribute to the mass migration, but there's a lot more activity there. https://discordapp.com/invite/Cj7SD9Y

    Estrid's Invocation is very strong, but has a lot of not obvious applications. It allows you to draw extra cards with Abundant Growth/Ground Seal, can be color fixing with Utopia Sprawl, can be a "free" Elephant Grass copy or Solitary Confinement, can trigger and double Doomwake Giant, and can not only copy O Ring, but in some cases give extra value by targeting things like Chalice with the copy, then returning it with 0 counters and picking something else.

    Solemnity is a card that I think requires a certain meta-game to be useful. By itself it really only affects a small set of cards that the opponent could be playing. It's possible that Pteradon's new popularity could make the card stronger.
    Early one morning while making the round,
    I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down;
    I went right home and I went to bed,
    I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)